CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

+27
nattyblog
iri9109
krazy coils
Keisha
priceless
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
Karyn
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
KurlyQT
jcanalena79
bholmes87
ktoliver5303
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SisterBoyd
CocaColaCutie
Nikcoils
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
tiashaunteé
31 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by tiashaunteé 25th May 2010, 10:35 am

I'm jealous!!! I can never get a Bantu Knot out to work out like that. Very cute! Me likey!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates Empty Re: TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates

Post by TerraD 25th May 2010, 1:10 pm

tiashauntee wrote:I'm jealous!!! I can never get a Bantu Knot out to work out like that. Very cute! Me likey!

I think it works because I don't two strand twist the bantu knots, which I did before and it was a disaster. I just twirl the hair until it starts to wind into a little ball. It comes out much smoother this way and ends up looking like it was curled with a curling iron!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th May 2010, 1:18 pm

Hi TerraD..

Thought I would drop by and say hi!! Do know that your man is coming. God is getting him ready right now!! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates Icon_biggrin So in the mean time enjoy you!! Which I see you are so doing!!! I love your pictures!! You and your co-worker look like you were ready for fun!!

So...what have you been cooking lately?

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 25th May 2010, 1:30 pm

Morning Ladies!

Well my pj-ism came back slightly. I bought two products yesterday at Wilshire Beauty (man I love this place).
I got:
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates Photo_47
and:
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates Photo_48

I will be doing an intense deep treatment on thursday evening. My hair needs some love. Since it's been so windy here, and I've been wearing it out. I want to take care of it.
I also bought the following from CurlMart:
http://www.curlmart.com/store/product.php?productid=106&cat=270&page=1

http://www.curlmart.com/store/product.php?productid=854&cat=190&page=1

I really need a heating cap, I usually do my DC's with a shower cap, but warmer heat would be better. And I wanted to try the Jessicurl Weekly DT. I've heard rave reviews about it from curlies of all textures, so I figured I should give it a shot. I will post pics and everything as I take them.

Love you guys, have a great day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 25th May 2010, 1:32 pm

Thanks KNH! I've been cooking a lot of curry dishes. I don't know when or why I became addicted to it. But today I'm making some kind of black-eyed pea dish! The peas are about to start cooking, as I figure out what I want to do with them! LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th May 2010, 2:03 pm

Hey TerraD...I like your hair...so nice & thick! I can't even ATTEMPT a bantu knot out...it'll look like spaghetti...NOT the bizness! ;-)

Saturday and Sunday work for me...also...the next few Mondays throughout June...I'm either off or off at noon...so let me know what works, so we can hit these beauty supply stores! :-) Since you're working nights, perhaps a Monday afternoon will work...let me know.

On the man tip...the one for you will come...you can't make it happen...THIS IS WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 25th May 2010, 2:33 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey TerraD...I like your hair...so nice & thick! I can't even ATTEMPT a bantu knot out...it'll look like spaghetti...NOT the bizness! ;-)

Saturday and Sunday work for me...also...the next few Mondays throughout June...I'm either off or off at noon...so let me know what works, so we can hit these beauty supply stores! :-) Since you're working nights, perhaps a Monday afternoon will work...let me know.

On the man tip...the one for you will come...you can't make it happen...THIS IS WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE! ;-)

LOL. Thanks girl! Maybe we can hang a few hours on saturday. Lydia and I can meet you in Inglewood and we can go to a few. My next few mondays wouldn't work because I work sunday nights and would need to sleep all day for my monday night shifts LOL. Let me know!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 25th May 2010, 3:15 pm

Lovely bantu knot out! I've never tried it with out doing two strand twist. Did you only put on aloe vera gel?

And my alergies have been whooping my tail as well. I am so tired of this 70 degree weather in May. I need some warmth out here in Southern Cali.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 25th May 2010, 5:37 pm

Yeah, I'm trying to enjoy the weather, because soon it will be 99 degrees, with wildfires LOL. I put aloe vera gel on top of teeny amounts of Elasta QP recovery oil moisturizer, yes to cucs, and CD healthy hair
butter. I think the aloe gel on top helped lock in the moisture, leading to less frizz and better definition. I emphasized the aloe gel on the ends to ensure a nice spiral at the ends.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th May 2010, 5:49 pm

TerraD! I want a bantu knot out as lovely as yours! Like asap. So how do I do this?

So far I've gathered:

--don't two strand twist it, just wind it up
--use moisturizer and gel combo

now what i don't know is, is this on wet or dry hair? Do u sit under the dryer. dish girl!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 25th May 2010, 10:21 pm

Thanks CCC! It's on dry hair, to get the smooth look of a curling iron. I don't have a dryer so I just let the gel/moisturizer dry over night. Hope this helps!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 26th May 2010, 7:15 pm

TerraD wrote:Thanks CCC! It's on dry hair, to get the smooth look of a curling iron. I don't have a dryer so I just let the gel/moisturizer dry over night. Hope this helps!

it totally does. i can't wait to try and hope i get good results like you did. one other question. about how big were your sections?
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 26th May 2010, 7:52 pm

Hey TerraD...

Well, most certainly hit me up...I'll call SisterBoyd, too!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 26th May 2010, 10:12 pm

CCC, my sections were medium/small. I had about 20 bantu knots.

TheRyl1: I will message you my number, not sure if you still have it!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 26th May 2010, 10:19 pm

MM had even more definition after I re-bantu knotted with Elasta QP Mango butter. Check her out!
TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates Photo_49

It's really moist, tight and defined, so I will skip moisturizing and rebantu knotting for the next couple days. That way by friday when my friends and I go to see SATC 2, It will be fluffy and huge. I will then DC on saturday after my dance class! Yep, I signed up for a dance class. I'm pumped. I haven't danced since 2008, when I had my last foot surgery. I miss it a lot and I can definitely see the difference in my body (more skinny, less toned). And you guys know that I will be taking lots of pics of my outfit and hair for the movie. MM and I plan to show out, I love the movie and their style is impeccable in it. I think the inner me dresses alot like Carrie Bradshaw (fashion forward, but risky and willing to be herself).
Anyway, I got a lot of compliments at work last night and am about to head in for my second night! Wish me luck!

Night Night!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 27th May 2010, 4:47 am

Ok you two let me know what weekend you're considering. My son's b-day is next week and I have major board meetings a few days.

Terra...I'm so jealous of that bantu knot out!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 27th May 2010, 1:10 pm

Lydia, we will definitely let you know. I may have a free weekday within the next couple weeks!
P.S. Don't be jealous of that bantu knot out, I'm jealous of your wash n go's!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th May 2010, 1:15 pm

That hair is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th May 2010, 1:43 pm

TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates 617583 more pics of you and MM.

Love that BKO!! One more style to add to my list of styles to try. IB's BKO was cute too so I definitely have to give it a try.

You almost had you a man with some of your same interest but you wouldnt give him a chance. Dont block your blessing. LOL!!

I need to get some close ups of your updo/buns. I am loving the ease of updos so I need some inspiration. Come on TerraD and MM, inspire me!!! TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates Icon_bounce

I've been over here in awhile so I hope I covered everything. The neighborhood is getting so big.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 28th May 2010, 1:09 am

Thanks Sweet and Lynnie.
LoL @ Lynnie. The neighborhood is definitely getting huge. I can't even find you guys some time. so I usually just give up and log off LOL. MM and I are slowly working on updos. Soon, Lynnie, soon LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th May 2010, 1:48 am

Hey TerraD....

I bet your dish came out good...I love black-eye peas. I plan to bump up my cooking game while my son is home from school. So I bought a cookbook!!! LOL I know that's funny, but I gotta start some where.

You hair is looking so pretty!!! I love you

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 28th May 2010, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 28th May 2010, 3:18 am

Thanks KNH! That's not funny, I own many cookbooks. I'm a pretty good cook, but sometimes we need a little inspiration TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates Icon_rolleyes .
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th May 2010, 1:01 pm

MMMM for your hair and curry dishes. Your BKO redo is just as fabulous as the original.

Looking forward to seeing how you looked for your SAC 2 outing TerraD, is a stranger!!!! Hair/Life Updates Icon_smile .

Enjoy dance class!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 29th May 2010, 1:34 pm

Hi Terra!!

Your bantu knot out looks great!! I usually do mine with two strand twists, but I'm gonna try your method, hopefully my hair will at least look half as good as yours. Also, I love the ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner, it works wonderful for me.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th May 2010, 4:58 pm

Thanks guys! I am horrible, I forgot to take pics of my outfit and hair yesterday! I had fun at the movies!

Quiet Butterfly, I am from Detroit originally!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next