CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DvaAuNaturel

+40
kinksncurls
Prinsis
nattyblog
Renny
mstokes2008
NhappyJackie
DaButterflyBAP
LaToya28
Ms.Mai
summerbreeze76
CocoEuro
Intelligentbeauty
priceless
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
wyldhoney
BlondeByDesire
MellowOne
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
LadyMika
swoodward
EmbracingNaturalMe
cyclingchick
ChrsLvsBks
BajanPrincess82
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
NylaCoils
WhosThatRedHead
NubieNatty
Hurricane Curly
DvaAuNaturel
bholmes87
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
iri9109
Lynnieluve
44 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

DvaAuNaturel Empty Re: DvaAuNaturel

Post by Lynnieluve 31st August 2010, 11:03 pm

I am late but Happy 6 month anniversary!! I cant wait to see you with your 2nd BC and fresh new color!!1

Congratulations on your new fitness journey!! It is definitely easier when it does not feel like a chore. If I miss a day, I just dont feel right.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 1st September 2010, 1:25 am

congrats on the weightloss...6 months flew by...i cant wait to see the cut/color!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st September 2010, 8:04 am

Good Morning DVA!

I briefly thought about using indigo when I wanted my hair darker a while back, but I am glad I did not use it. Looking forward to pics of your cut/color!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st September 2010, 11:36 am

Hi Dva...

CONGRATULATIONS woot! Now on to the real big news!!! So you are going to bc again Thursday!! Well...I must share this quote with you "hair is like grass, the more you cut it the more it grows" LOL One of my old stylist told me that. That's why I left her...she kept cutting my hair!! ROTFL Hope that made you laugh.

Can't wait to see pictures!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 1st September 2010, 12:32 pm

So you're BCing again! yay! I have only thought about it so far. I bet your cut and color will be really cute. Can't wait to see. And congrats on the weight loss. You are doing on your own what I had to do with the help of boot camp! Great job!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 1st September 2010, 2:11 pm

Hey Dva!

You know you're in my prayers! ;-)

Man, I didn't know henna could cause such a problem. Hmmmm...something to think about!

Congrats on your 6th months AND your weight loss! Git it! cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 1st September 2010, 3:14 pm

You have inspired me!! When you said you want to train for a marathon I was like Shocked scratch study cheers Why haven't I ever had the ambition to do that?? I love the fact that you want to do it at 40 and your weight loss is awesome! I've never lost weight when I was actively trying to but I am going to change that and become a healthier person overall, not just my hair Very Happy

And I have been dying to color my hair for months! But I want it to be bright and bold, like a light brown with blonde highlights. So I am a little afraid of putting so many chemicals on my hair because it would have to be semi-permanent to work. Rinses are a no go when you wet your hair like we do lol

bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 1st September 2010, 4:25 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Dva...

CONGRATULATIONS woot! Now on to the real big news!!! So you are going to bc again Thursday!! Well...I must share this quote with you "hair is like grass, the more you cut it the more it grows" LOL One of my old stylist told me that. That's why I left her...she kept cutting my hair!! ROTFL Hope that made you laugh.

Can't wait to see pictures!!!

KNH

lol!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 1st September 2010, 6:49 pm

HI DVA,

CONGRATULATIONS dance Six months already,. Time sure does fly.....and the weight loss. .... You're just a walking inspiration. Can't wait to see your b/c pics.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th September 2010, 8:29 am

Good Morning Curly Divas,

Thanks ladies for the cnrouaging words about the BC, weight loss and the 6 mo. anniversary.

I had my hair cut and colored on Thursday. I'm wasn't happy but it is what it is and I just have to move forward. I am extremely picky about things and when I was told first that the color I wanted I couldn't get I knew it was the beginning to the end and expected things to go down from there. Well my hair was all cut into a really cute shape first. A little shorter than I would have liked but she (the stylist) was trying to remove the dark ends (indigo). I had the color on my hair what seemed like forever and guess what that DAMN indigo would not budge. The hair was not lifting evenly and in some places you could still see the dark hair and other places you could see it had lightened from the color. Well after it was rinsed out my hair was bright orangey color. That was because of the rinse I applied with the reddish tones did not mix well with the color. I thought the rinse was harmless and would just go away but oh no. Anyway, she asked me what I wanted to do, if I wanted to bleach my hair to lift the black ends or cut some more. She could tell I was deflated and said it's up to you but I think we should just cut and I agreed (it was already really short). As she cut I could see little bushy hair that was TOTALLY BLACK....like the color hadn't done anything. I mentioned to her that the indigo is like concrete and no one mentions that at all. She responded that "well at least you can bust through concrete" and we both laughed because that black was not budging. Now, I've had my hair permanately died before black and know that it can be lifted (w/o bleaching) to color other colors so this "natural" mess (indig0) is no joke. Anyway she toned down the color by applying a neutralizing color. She educated me a lot on the process like how she was going to add something that had blue or soemthing in it to neutralize the orangey color and sure enough after she applied that my hair turned a nice reddish brown. I like the color I just don't like my hair being so short - like a guys. The stylist could tell I was sad and after I said I was going to get a wig she said don't you dare. She was very encouraging. I just have to figure out how to make it work.

I wasn't even going to post becuase I am embarassed. I'm not sure why but just not feeling the look at all. All I wanted to do was color my hair and now I have no hair to do anything with, not even braid. Patience, patience will be the key as I was my hair grow.

here are pics:

Thursday-post BC

DvaAuNaturel Dsc00110

Friday-all dolled up

DvaAuNaturel Dsc00210

DvaAuNaturel Dsc00211

I forgot to mention that I went straight to the MAC counter after my haircut and got new (more) makeup. I had a really helpful salesperson. She let me take notes while she shared a few basics with me. They are posted on my bathroom mirror. She hooked me up and hopefully I'll remember that I have to rock the makeup daily with this hair - no choice really. Gotta get dolled up with this look (IMO). Anyway, I spent way to much (100+) but it was the boost I needed.

Enjoy your Saturday ladies. TTYS!

p.s. I went to a volunteer event yesterday for work and my co workers LOVED my hair! I got more compliments this time around than when I first chopped. That made me feel good.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th September 2010, 9:17 am

DVA Shocked giiiiiirl u are TRIPPIN!!! i seen ur avi after i posted on lynnie's thread and i was just staring like affraid i LOOOOOOOVE it and u just pretty much STAMPED my decision to BC again! i love the color and the cut. girl that shyt is straight FIYAH and perfect going into the fall. i seriously need to know who u went to becuz i wanna walk in there n say..."gimme dat dva" like no seriously...where did u go? inbox me the info! i am so mad u didnt like it but i cant blame u becuz i felt the same way wit my amber rose til i got used to it. even w/compliments u still feel like Neutral but TRUST me i'll give u a good week or 2 to appreciate its simplicity and low maintenance of it. when u have no hair/bangs to hide behind its like our "security" has been snatched away. but i friggin LOOOOOOVE IT!! u just dont know Very Happy and did u tint ur eyebrows too? **snaps** ahhhright!!

just think, starting fresh means u can re-do any mistakes u did before! HAPPY 6 MONTH ANNIVERSARY run

so proud of you wit the weight loss plan and everything...im sorry i cant concentrate cuz i keep scrolling back up to stare at ur pics (im so jelly right now) but guess what...im OFFICIALLY in the neighborhood now so i can see the bc up close n personal now. i still havent done my henna experience yet so maybe i cant get ur color OR Idea maybe i can n just use the henna as a gloss for a red color over time scratch

anyhoo...i'll be HOME Cool after work today to sit on my balcony n enjoy the breeze (and unpack too)!! its a nice day out, put on that makeup (which u dont need cuz ur skin is gorgeous) and enjoy the fall coming air as it whistles throughout ur scalp!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th September 2010, 9:39 am

OMGOODNESS!!!! I must co-sign with Nubie!! Dva you hair is beautiful!!! You have me over here really thinking about doing a big chop for real. I mean I really what to see what short cute curls could look like on me. I'm soo confused now!! confused

Do NOT be embrassed...you look beautiful. This style is very becoming on you and like Nubie said you DON'T need make up...you can rock this with lip gloss and mascara. I'm serious!!!

I love it Dva you go girl!!!! dance Now I'm not coming all the way up there to get my hair done, but if I lived near you I would really be trying to get to your stylist. Real Talk!!!!!!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 4th September 2010, 9:58 am

omg i love it!!!! so are you gonna keep it like this for a while, or grow it out?
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 4th September 2010, 10:00 am

Your hair is cute!!! We match!!! Lol! I really like it. It sounds like it's growing on you as well. I'm not suprised you spent so much at MAC..... that's a dangerous place..lol.. You should look at the make up thread if you haven't already to get tips, ideas and encouragement for your make up. But I love your cut and color!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th September 2010, 10:24 am

OMG!!! DVA I LOVE IT!!! BAY-BEE, YOU ARE WORKING THAT CUT AND COLOR (yes I am typing in all caps to hopefully express my excitement) I SAW YOUR PIC ON MY THREAD AND RUSHED OVER HERE!!!

DID I SAY I LOVE IT!!!!! DvaAuNaturel Icon_bounce

That stylist hooked you up!!! I DvaAuNaturel Herz IT!!!

Let me go find NylaCoils so she can bring out Ru!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 4th September 2010, 10:34 am

Me: Girl- loving the color and the cut!!

RU: DVA!!!!-- Wait!! Wait, Wait, I got something to say!!

RUPaul: You BEDDA WERK!
DvaAuNaturel Ubedda10

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th September 2010, 10:34 am

You betta work sis! I adore it! I co-sign everything everyone else said! The color, the shape, everything! Wooo hoooo! Sasha is pushing my head down so she can see it too! We love it! I love you
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th September 2010, 10:35 am

Yes Nyla yes!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th September 2010, 10:39 am

lol! NYLA (and lynnie recruiting her)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 4th September 2010, 11:24 am

DVA everything everybody else said. When i saw it I almost cried because , well I dont know i am so sensitive. LOL you look great!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 4th September 2010, 1:13 pm

I love the cut and I'm really feeling the color! I hope you are starting to like it a bit more. It really does look good on you!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th September 2010, 1:32 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Your hair is cute!!! We match!!! Lol! I really like it. It sounds like it's growing on you as well. I'm not suprised you spent so much at MAC..... that's a dangerous place..lol.. You should look at the make up thread if you haven't already to get tips, ideas and encouragement for your make up. But I love your cut and color!

You know I thought about you with the color. We do match lol! I'm WTRH2. lol!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th September 2010, 1:33 pm

CrissyQ wrote:DVA everything everybody else said. When i saw it I almost cried because , well I dont know i am so sensitive. LOL you look great!

Embarassed Awww, thanks CrissyQ.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th September 2010, 1:34 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Me: Girl- loving the color and the cut!!

RU: DVA!!!!-- Wait!! Wait, Wait, I got something to say!!

RUPaul: You BEDDA WERK!
DvaAuNaturel Ubedda10

lol! Thanks a lot Nyla! I needed that.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th September 2010, 1:35 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:You betta work sis! I adore it! I co-sign everything everyone else said! The color, the shape, everything! Wooo hoooo! Sasha is pushing my head down so she can see it too! We love it! I love you

Thanks Sweet. Adora longs to be like Sasha when she grows up...I'm going to do my best this time.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next