CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corygentri

+17
SheeTacular
NikG20
MahoganyCurls
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteƩ
AfrikanLatina
jamaicacurl
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Kea::curls
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
traveljunkie08
Corygentri
21 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Corygentri Empty Corygentri

Post by Corygentri 12th November 2009, 11:50 pm

Well, it is not cool the last forum crashed - downloading pics for me is torture - but I will try again.

This was my hair today. Corygentri Img_1319

Don' t know if you can see this one
Corygentri Img_1320

I wish I didn't have such a big forehead (my husband like to tease me that its actually a five head LOL he is such a comedian) Any way then maybe I could have pulled this off a little better.

I need bangs in the worst way. Anyway this was an experiment gone wrong and I just rocked it like I did it on purpose LOL! I cowashed last night with my suave coconut condish and then used HE totally twisted as a leave it. I put a squirt of Aloe vera gel, jojoba oil and veggie glycerin and worked it through. Then I finished with Softee Aloe Very Curl Activator gel (love that stuff) then I just twirled in sections all over my head and slept with a bonnet. Its ok but more of a weekend look rather than a teacher look. one of the girls in my 5th hour class mentioned how curly my hair was and I just mentioned it was an experiment gone wrong and what I did. They got a kick out of the fact that I experiment with my hair. Then they all began to give me suggestions - the most popular being to get extensions (did I mention 90 percent of my students are caucasian?) LOL! One of my co workers also immediately mentioned that today my hair looked long but yesterday it didn't. I have them baffled at the J-O-B. I will try this look again after I attempt henna this weekend.

Its almost Friday yall - have a good one - and be blessed
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Corygentri Empty Re: Corygentri

Post by traveljunkie08 13th November 2009, 12:37 am

Hey chica! Fancy meeting you here. Smile

I think it turned out nice. Can't wait to hear about your henna experience!!!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 17th November 2009, 12:47 am

Well the henna experience was a success. I'm gonna post pics tomorrow. I liked the result. I used have a pouch of the Karishma henna. I put it on about 4 p,m, on Saturday and left it on til 6 am the next morning. I washed it out and left the deep condish on for an hour. then washed it out to and wore a wash n go to church. But I think before I go to bed I'm gonna try to roller set it. my fro is getting big! Now my mom wants me and my sis to henna her hair for her. Till tomorrow...
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 17th November 2009, 9:00 pm

Here are some updated pics.

This is me after my henna with my first attempt at a rod set.
Corygentri Img_1321
Not exactly what I had in mind. After I cowashed I used HE Totally Twisted then my dime sized dollop of Aloe Vera gel,glycerin and a little jojoba. Then I diluted some Lottabody setting lotion with water (what I used when I was relaxed) and then took in in sections like on the tutorial that was posted here.

It is very soft but I didn't get the kind of curls I wanted - and it isn't as shiny as I hoped. I know I need to use a smaller rods (I only had few purple and and gray and mostly orange. ) But I would love some suggestions on products to use. I also air dried so maybe sitting under the dryer would help. See you guys later.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 17th November 2009, 9:34 pm

Hi corygentri,

How much lotta body did you use???

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 18th November 2009, 12:44 am

I used half lotta body half water in a spray bottle.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Corygentri Empty Rollerset Products

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2009, 12:03 pm

I plan to rollerset this winter. I want to try Jane Carter's Wrap and Roll and/or Crinkles and Curls by T.W. You can get the JC from most health food stores. I have heard the Crinkles and Curls is in Target.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 18th November 2009, 11:37 pm

Not a whole lot going on with my hair today. Still wearing the roller set - despite the constant rain since Monday it has held up pretty well. Did my daughter's hair tonight - it took about an hour to twist it. I'm going to try to twist my own next week so I am working on my technique. I like what the henna did for color I just wish I had a little more of it - I'm feeling a little daring!

chrs - I have never heard of Jane Carter. I will have to be on the look out and give them a try. My hair is very silky and fine so even though it holds a curly pretty well when wet set, I don't get the shiny, crisp curls like so many on the boards. So I'm still open to product suggestions. I will chck out target next time I am there! Thanks
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 24th November 2009, 12:28 am

Hello ladies!! Not a whole lot going on with my hair today. I am wearing it slicked back with some Fantasia IC olive gel to keep it down. Haven't worm it like this since it started getting cold but just felt like it today since I didn't get around to rolling setting it. I did roller set my daughter's on Sat night for Sunday but it didn't turn out like I planned either. We definitely have to sit under the dryer I think. I'm hosting dinner Thursday so I think I'm going to set both of our hair on Wed. night. She wore a single puff.

I have also come to the conclusion that my hair may just be too fine to hold a twist. I keep trying and they just seem too loose. I know its not my technique because I do my daughter's all the time successfullyl. Any suggestions?
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 24th November 2009, 6:03 am

Corygentri wrote:Well, it is not cool the last forum crashed - downloading pics for me is torture - but I will try again.

This was my hair today. Corygentri Img_1319

Don' t know if you can see this one
Corygentri Img_1320

I wish I didn't have such a big forehead (my husband like to tease me that its actually a five head LOL he is such a comedian) Any way then maybe I could have pulled this off a little better.

I need bangs in the worst way. Anyway this was an experiment gone wrong and I just rocked it like I did it on purpose LOL! I cowashed last night with my suave coconut condish and then used HE totally twisted as a leave it. I put a squirt of Aloe vera gel, jojoba oil and veggie glycerin and worked it through. Then I finished with Softee Aloe Very Curl Activator gel (love that stuff) then I just twirled in sections all over my head and slept with a bonnet. Its ok but more of a weekend look rather than a teacher look. one of the girls in my 5th hour class mentioned how curly my hair was and I just mentioned it was an experiment gone wrong and what I did. They got a kick out of the fact that I experiment with my hair. Then they all began to give me suggestions - the most popular being to get extensions (did I mention 90 percent of my students are caucasian?) LOL! One of my co workers also immediately mentioned that today my hair looked long but yesterday it didn't. I have them baffled at the J-O-B. I will try this look again after I attempt henna this weekend.

Its almost Friday yall - have a good one - and be blessed

This looks good! You know your students were talking about a weave, right? Our extensions is their weave...Just like perms! Their perms curl our's straightens! LOL!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 24th November 2009, 8:21 pm

@Cocoeuro - yeah I know that is what they meant. I told them no way!! Now they comment on my hair everyday. They like my slicked back look yesterday.

Not a whole lot going on with the hair today. I am going to try curly Nikki's concoction with the lottabody this weekend. I just bought some at Sally's last week so now I have a way to use it up!! Maybe that will work better for me than diluting it in water. Gotta fit a hair styling session in between cooking for Thrusday!

Wore a wash n go today. Hopefully I will get around to taking some pics soon

Be blessed yall!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 30th November 2009, 9:49 pm

OK did some hair stuff this weekend. Redid my henna on Friday night/Saturday but had to rush off to a birthday party my daughter was invited to so I decided to attempt a twists again but this time I sat under the dryer. they got mostly dry and this is what they looked like. Corygentri Img_1410

Unfortunately I can't really leave the twists in because of a huge bald spot on the right side of my head. So this is what they looked like today. I retwisted the top and put them in rods because they ends still have a tiny bit of relaxer and they won't curl. So this is me today:Corygentri Img_1410Corygentri Img_1412Corygentri Img_1413

Here is my daughter and her Thanksgiving hair
Corygentri Img_1414

Corygentri Img_1415
Don't ask me why she prefers the headband on her forehead. So we are trying to figure out what works for us. I rod set her hair with conditioner lottabody and sealed with coconut oil. About 1 hour after I took it down it completely poofed but still looked cute.

Happy monday yall - hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Thanks for the bday wish Curlynikki!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 30th November 2009, 9:50 pm

Oops sorry yall - posted the same pic twice!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 3rd December 2009, 11:42 pm

I'm so excited - I had a good hair day today. I was looking at Mahogany curls Youtube videos yesterday and watched the one about preserving a wash n go. Well it was time to wash last night so I cowashed with Suave Naturals coconut and used HE Totally Twisted as a leave in. I went to bed and in the morning I sprayed it down with water and stood in the shower with towel around my neck and over my clothes and without TOUCHING it (which was so hard for me) and shook my head. My husband and daughter thought I was crazy. But despite the fact it was FREEZing this morning I did it anyway and this is how it turned out...
Corygentri Img_1610

Corygentri Img_1710

I am very pleased with the results - the curl definition I thought was better than it has ever been. I'm going for day 3 hair tomorrow. catch you ladies later!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 8th December 2009, 12:45 am

Not a whole lot going on here ladies - still rockin the wash n go - on day number 5 I think. Will probably cowash tonight so it will be dry in the morning. Busy with work this week - tons of papers to grade and the first yearbook deadline is this week so I'll holla!!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 8th December 2009, 1:46 am

i have a bald spot on the left side of my head, too! well...maybe its on the right...
anyways, its where my edges broke off from overuse of gel in the past Sad i always have to pull my fro over some to cover it up, or rock a cute headband!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th December 2009, 5:04 am

HEY WHERE ARE YOU GIRL!!!! YOU WENT AWAY AND DID NOT TELL ANYONE!!!!! Corygentri Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th December 2009, 10:42 pm

love your progress!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 24th December 2009, 2:41 am

Merry Christmas yall! Been busy cooking and such getting ready for the holiday. Found some Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo and Condiditoner in a gift pack that was on clearance in Target for $5.58 for both so I will be trying that over the next few weeks. I went and got my first trim today since my BC in June and went ahead and had my hair flat ironed. I am glad I did, even though I kind of miss my curls. It looks just like I had a relaxer. I will post pics soon. My hubby was very happy so I guess I can be without my curls for a few days! LOL. And of course it is raining cats and dogs here in st. Louis so I have to dodge raindrops for the first time in months. But it is all good - and worth the grin I was greeted with when I came home. But my endsa are clipped and I am ready to see how much progress I make over the next 6 months. Merry Christmas - remember Jesus is the reason for the season!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th December 2009, 3:10 am

You did it!!! Well I am glad your hubby was happy about the straight look. Can't wait to see the pics. Corygentri Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 27th December 2009, 7:24 pm

Well I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas. I was busy - mostly in the kitchen! Well here are the pics of my trip to the salon. I got my first trim since my BC. Corygentri Img_1810
Corygentri Img_1811Corygentri Img_1812[img]
TCorygentri Dsc01910

This was the last time I had it flat ironed - the day of my BC 6/1/2009. I didn't really have her cut it in a style - I'm gonna be curly again next week anyway. My husband was so excited to see it straight again. I haven't seen that reaction from him in a long time so I am making plans to flat iron it again maybe for Resurrection Sunday or something. I will definitely do it again on the anniversary of my bc to see how far I have come. I enjoy having it straight but I miss my big hair.

Now if I can just do something about these acne scars! I will have some holiday hair pics of my daughter this week too. Take care and Happy New year
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 27th December 2009, 9:55 pm

OMGoodness you hair is so long! It looks great! I've been wanting to flat iron my hair so bad, but I've been able to resist. I'm going to try to wait until my 6 month mark to have it flat ironed and trimmed.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th December 2009, 1:00 am

Beautiful hair! It is shiny, healthy looking and looks like it has a lot of bounce.

If you find something to help with acne scars, please share here and in the skin care forum. I have the same problem but with the acne also.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 28th December 2009, 1:14 am

I agree with TravelJunkie and ChrsLvs Bks...your hair is so long and healthy!! Glad your hubby was happy! Can't wait to see pics of your daughter's holiday hair!!

Corygentri 879602
--Reese Corygentri Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Corygentri Empty Little one's holiday hair

Post by Corygentri 29th December 2009, 1:03 am

I'm a teacher and both my little one and I are on vaca for another week so i have lots of time to play around with some styles. Here are some holiday hairstyles. The red dress was church yesterday - she had a princess bun. I need to work a little more on my technique - it looks a little dusty. I did the web/lace look on Christmas (no pic)and the twists are today (she got excited when she found out she would get to sit under the dryer). I used giovanni tea tree shampoo and condish on her today and then used HE HH as a leave in then twisted with Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist gel. We are going to see princess and the frog tomorrow. One of her little friends is sleeping over tonight so I did her hair this morning so I wouldn't have to fool with it while her company was here. Corygentri Img_1814Corygentri Img_1815
Corygentri Img_1816Corygentri Img_1818

Happy New Year yall!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next