CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask MahoganyCurls

+64
rashin
cioccolata
Sebastain13
CurlyChick
Free&Curly
darkbeautytt
caracara
Maricopa
JQ
Ameenah
rnewsome
LeleGriff
NewlyNina
LuxLocsnCurls
C.
newcurlieque
poeticlyspkng
JessJ
Sabina
CSI
sunbaby
jlowman1
dbvais
kinky-coily1107
Abisco
DaRkcHoCoLaTe
back2basics
sweetface1118
naijabelle
ohnatural
CurlyMo
Succinctlyso
lena73
cococurly
.:Eden:.
Cbbeanbeautii
JustMe
NaturalNixon
Corygentri
Kea::curls
krisdion01
rosscd
theboldandthecurly
Notthecoolmom
FrouLaLa
Redcamerasnaps
crustaceans
curlyq145
Congolaise
NikE
Pi*Jay
frenchie
NappyJer19
anaturalessence
Pat
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
curly+kinky+fierce
NhappyJackie
traveljunkie08
MahoganyCurls
*CurlyNikki*
68 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Ask MahoganyCurls - Page 12 Empty Re: Ask MahoganyCurls

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th June 2010, 11:15 am

Sebastain13 wrote:Mahonghany Curls

I have watched many of ur videos on You Tube & they r WONDERFUL!!!!! & so r u

I did the BC bcause of damage to my hair & Im loving it NO MORE SALONS YEAH I had done tha BC b4 but at that time their were no products for nat hair so I ended up going bac to my relaxer

I hav jus BC 5/2010 & hav a TWA I have been experiencing some dryness I hav a few natural products that I use coconut oil, jojoba, shea butter, tea tree, & some Giovanni 50/50 conditioner I hav been using cream of nature shampoo

Of the products that I have I made a concoction of the conditioner, tea tree, honey, olive oil, jojoba I use it as a cowash I do that bcause of the conditioner that I put n it Also I cowash every 2-3 days & wash 1x wkly After cowashing I made another concoction of shea butter, jojoba, tea tree, olive oil, honey, and water While my hair is damp I apply this 2 it It looks good when wet but after that to me it looks dry

I also tie my hair nightly w/a silk scarf but I feel like I'm doing something wrong

I don't hav enough hair yet to do any twisting to it yet so I guess I need help wit a routine Could u recommend a good leave in & deep condtioner I also want to use some henna to c if that will help

I am jus confused & don't want 2 b a PJ Plse help [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi!

I am so sorry about replying! Been busy! Well, I know exactly what you mean about dryness. I had that problem when I first BC'd as well. I just made sure, I stayed away from shampoos that contained sulfates. And at that time, I cowashed 2x a week, using a cheapie conditioner. I would DC with Bed Head Moisture Maniac (still do) with about 1 tsp of EVOO added to it under a plastic cap...I have a video that I made about that time (I think it is the cowashing video)...then rinse and add more of the conditioner as a leave in. That was pretty much it. I use regular conditioner as my leave ins, bc they are more hydrating in my opinion. Treseme Naturals is a great conditioner...I use the nourishing moisture conditioner (right now)....i use it as my leave in. Just continue to wet your hair every morning, try to keep your hands out of it, and moisturize it with a great conditioner or moisturizer of your choice and cover your hair at night...i promise it will get better if you continue to follow those steps...HTH!!!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by cioccolata 27th June 2010, 5:49 pm

Hello Jess, thank you for the great tips and videos!! I stumbled upon them a few weeks ago. You are very informative and supportive.

I've been natural for about 12 years... initially I did a BC and rocked a fade, twa, double strand twists and finally settled on locs 7 years ago. I've cut my locs into various styles (most recently a layered bob with bangs) and have decided to cut them off completely in a few weeks. One of the major reasons is that I will begin training for a small race and will be running about 4 times/wk. Which will result in more frequent hair washing.

In the past I've had a lot of trouble with dryness (with my twa) and I want to eliminate it this go 'round. Also, my twa lacked texture so I experimented with twists and coils but they were very time consuming. I'm interested in trying the CG method but not sure if it will "take" on my hair type. I believe I'm a 4b. The idea of a wash and go style is very appealing since I will be short on time in the mornings due to my runs.

Do you have any suggestions about the CG method for my hair type, washing daily due to sweating and combatting dryness?

Please help!
cioccolata
cioccolata

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 28th June 2010, 5:52 pm

Hi MC, So glad to have you back. We understand how busy you've been with friends and family and how important that is. Hey, thanks for responding to my little question. I did use the Henna and since my hair is sooooo dark (I don't like to say it's Black but if it's not it's very, very close) you can't see red. I'm glad about that. I was only interested in the conditioning factors and wow!!!! I love it! I used it 3x's and it seems to condition my hair like nothing else. I'm really happy about that. I plan on doing it once a month. I noticed this past week that if I'm in the light outside I can see a little burgundy glow and it's really pretty. so far so good with Henna. It's my new BFF Smile Just love your knew Avatar pic. Your hair is growing so beautifully!

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by rashin 18th July 2010, 2:27 pm

Hi MG, thanks for the helpful information you have provided thus far. I've been TWA since Jan 2010, which my hair seems to be growing out well. However, when I wet my hair in the morning to apply either gel or conditioner it sheds alot. I was told that maybe it's shedding because I don't comb it? Before your hair grew out - how often did you comb it? Also, is it normal for the hair to shed?

rashin

Back to top Go down

Post by ajacks85 25th July 2010, 8:55 pm

Hi, I was wondering what happened to your youtube account/fb I tried to go look at your videos but it says your account is closed? Ok well thanks for all the info. Smile
ajacks85
ajacks85

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 3rd August 2010, 7:53 pm

Hi MC, I saw you closed your youtube acct. You are my go to lady so I am looking forward to your blog! Please keep in touch!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 12th August 2010, 11:42 pm

Hey Jess are you still making hair vidoes? I dont see anything new on naturlycurlydotcom either?
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th August 2010, 11:48 pm

She closed her account and left a goodbye message on the blog

Click here.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Tereill 29th November 2010, 8:20 pm

Greetings, my question is how do you protect your twa in the winter and do you where hats? I have noticed that most people are using synthetic hair or human hair to add length for their braids. I haven't tried as a natural only when permed and it always broke off my hair or itch intensively to the point I had to remove them right away. What do you suggest for a protective style for the winter?
Tereill
Tereill

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 29th November 2010, 8:58 pm

@Tereill Well when i lived in maryland i cut my hair really short and i wore my hair in small braids once it grew back with no hair attached just me and my short cute braids....they last much longer than twist. i've cut my hair a million times so i've been there lots of time and the braids never fail me. i even wash them every 2-3 weeks with them in and refresh anythat look messy or take them out Deep treat and braid again...Looking at you pic i think you would look so cute in short braids Very Happy
avyishi
avyishi

http://public.fotki.com/beautywithcurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th December 2010, 11:54 am

The channel is back and she will uploading again! Wooo hoooo!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Tereill 14th December 2010, 4:50 pm

So, I am about six months natural still in the twa area. Whenever I am detangling my hair with condish (herbal essence) my hair gets more curly..It doesn't matter what product I put on my hair it immediately goes into curl mode. How do I detangle properly to prevent the snap crackly pop of curls breaking?
Tereill
Tereill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12