CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 34 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by TerraD 26th April 2010, 6:13 pm

Karyn wrote:You know you need to post some of those recipes TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 34 Icon_porc

Also, that portrait of you does look like an elderly version of you lol

My friend was like "I don't like it, it looks like your grandmother would look. If I knew what your grandmother looked like" LOL. I thought it was still cool. I guess I'll be a pretty cute grandma one day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 34 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by MellowOne 26th April 2010, 6:15 pm

Hi TerraD your hair looks great...also love the movie reviews. I am not a fan of paying all that money at the movies for something that I could have just waited for on dvd lol
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 26th April 2010, 6:20 pm

Ladies! MM and I had fun today. Apparently I looked better than I thought, though MM was all covered up. Here's a pic of my shirt/hair today:
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 34 Photo_33
I had on jeans and sandals with this.

There were guys staring and rushing to say hi to me! I was like, Wow! What's going on today. I think it's the off the shoulder shirt. For some reason, men love seeing small areas of a woman's body. Anyway, My greens are cooking and I'm about to start my BBQ tempeh and homemade smothered potatoes. Cornbread's last!

BTW, Karen, I've posted a few of my recipes on the recipe thread. I will probably post the BBQ tempeh there as well.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 26th April 2010, 6:21 pm

MellowOne wrote:Hi TerraD your hair looks great...also love the movie reviews. I am not a fan of paying all that money at the movies for something that I could have just waited for on dvd lol

I totally understand. I probably would not had seen those if it weren't free LOL. I still haven't seen Why Did I Get Married Too? and I actually want to!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th April 2010, 11:54 pm

Greens... soooo... can I come over?... Lol... But you're right about guys. I think ultimately less is more.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 27th April 2010, 10:24 am

LOL@ Juices! You can totally come over!

Morning Ladies,

Nothing new with MM, I moisturized with care free curl moisturizer (Yep, it was still on the clearance rack, without a clearance tag. And the manager gave it to me for half off! Woot! 7 dollars for a huge bottle.) I then made a few huge twists. This morning MM is in a trusty bun! Tomorrow I may be adventurous and do two princess leia buns. We will see. I'm off to work, so have a great day ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 27th April 2010, 11:10 am

lately I have been using some care free curl mixed with water...it works just as well and I can stretch out that product to last longer (That's the best part, LOL)
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th April 2010, 11:24 am

Ok clearly I missed a few things. You off day was amazing!!! That portrait is like looking into the futrue. I love it! AND you are beautiful that is why the guys were after you PERIOD!! No explanation needed it's YOU!!

OOO the wine...I don't usually like them but your description has peeked my interest. THANKS!!

P.S. I am horrible with the post office. I just gave my clerk the job and getting you your camera! *smooches*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th April 2010, 12:39 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Ok clearly I missed a few things. You off day was amazing!!! That portrait is like looking into the futrue. I love it! AND you are beautiful that is why the guys were after you PERIOD!! No explanation needed it's YOU!!

OOO the wine...I don't usually like them but your description has peeked my interest. THANKS!!

P.S. I am horrible with the post office. I just gave my clerk the job and getting you your camera! *smooches*

I agree, and showing a little skin played a part. Men are so visual!!! TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 34 Lol

Enjoy your day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th April 2010, 1:12 pm

Hey TerraD!!!

Have you started planning the cyber housewarming yet?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th April 2010, 1:25 pm

Hi lady! I love moscato d'asti. I had it instead of champagne for the toast at our wedding. Neither my husband or I like champagne. Now that you mentioned it, I have not had any in a while. I may have to pick some up after work when I go to Target, Walmart and the fashion store.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 27th April 2010, 2:39 pm

TerraD wrote:LOL@ Juices! You can totally come over!

Morning Ladies,

Nothing new with MM, I moisturized with care free curl moisturizer (Yep, it was still on the clearance rack, without a clearance tag. And the manager gave it to me for half off! Woot! 7 dollars for a huge bottle.) I then made a few huge twists. This morning MM is in a trusty bun! Tomorrow I may be adventurous and do two princess leia buns. We will see. I'm off to work, so have a great day ladies!

Looks like I need to stop by wilshire beauty on my way to L.A. tomorrow.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 28th April 2010, 1:47 am

@ Tia: Thanks, I was thinking about mixing it in my spray bottle!

@ Sweet: You're totally the bomb, no matter when the camera gets here!

@ KNH: Thanks LOL. Sometimes we gotta show a little skin! hehe.

@ Lynnie: That sounds like such a fun idea... *thinking about how we can pull that off!*

@ Chrs: Full day, what better way to end it, than with a glass of wine!

@ NPmoore: Girl, rush over there and tell them they better give it to you for half off LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th April 2010, 8:34 am

ive been so mia lately!! umm, im drooling over here at that menu...i know i need to learn to cook more so umm, YEAH post them recipes!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 28th April 2010, 10:25 am

LOL. Ok, Nubie!

Morning Ladies!

Today, I shook it up a bit and put.....a hump in the front. Hehe. Still rocking a bun. I'm sooooo proud of myself. I never thought I would wear my bun for so long. But I totally rocked this month of protective styling. Now for May! Mini-twists! I'm terrified of mini twists or twists in general. I need to shampoo and/or ACV rinse. Because the Carol's Daughter healthy hair butter, is totally clogging my pores! I'm not a fan of it at all! It was pricey so I will either try to swap it for something or try to make it work! It's really herb-y which I'm sure is good, but it's not working for MM.

If anyone has clarifying suggestions let me know. I want my scalp to be nice and clear for my twist month TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 34 Icon_eek . Whoa, twist month. That sounds long. I'm going to try to low dry my hair on cool, to maintain some of my length, because my twists shrink like crazy!

Anyway, off to work. Have a lovely day ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 28th April 2010, 10:36 am

You can do it! We did twist month back in January....it wasn't too bad (if you don't think about the itching, LOL).

I didn't like CD HHB either and I hated the smell. I ended up using it on my ends only when I set my hair in protective styles just so I wouldn't have to smell or touch it.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th April 2010, 3:54 pm

For clarifying you can try baking soda and conditioner--I prefer a looser conditioner like VO5 Moisture Milks. I use one tablespoon of baking soda to 1/2 cup or more of conditioner. I massage it into my scalp for a couple of minutes then rinse with warm water. I repeat but don't leave it on just rinse out. I then rinse with ACV and water three tablespoons of ACV and two cups of cold water. You can style or DC after. The ACV will smell but the smell will dissipate. Your roots may be more fluffy, mine usually are.

Another way to clarify is with bentonite clay. I mix mine with ACV. I have only done it once and think I left it on too long. I think you should only leave it on for 30 minutes. I did it for about an hour and a half, I think. I started with about two tablespoons of clay and a teaspoon of ACV. I added ACV a little at a time until it was nice and thick but spreadable.

HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th April 2010, 10:46 pm

Hey TD,

guess what I did?? Yup it's in the mail sunshine!! Now I want all sorts of pics of MM!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 12:26 am

tiashauntee wrote:You can do it! We did twist month back in January....it wasn't too bad (if you don't think about the itching, LOL).

I didn't like CD HHB either and I hated the smell. I ended up using it on my ends only when I set my hair in protective styles just so I wouldn't have to smell or touch it.

I'm glad it wasn't just me! I could not stand the smell! The only using it on ends makes a lot of sense! It may even be better for the hair. BFF, you are full of tips!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 12:26 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:For clarifying you can try baking soda and conditioner--I prefer a looser conditioner like VO5 Moisture Milks. I use one tablespoon of baking soda to 1/2 cup or more of conditioner. I massage it into my scalp for a couple of minutes then rinse with warm water. I repeat but don't leave it on just rinse out. I then rinse with ACV and water three tablespoons of ACV and two cups of cold water. You can style or DC after. The ACV will smell but the smell will dissipate. Your roots may be more fluffy, mine usually are.

Another way to clarify is with bentonite clay. I mix mine with ACV. I have only done it once and think I left it on too long. I think you should only leave it on for 30 minutes. I did it for about an hour and a half, I think. I started with about two tablespoons of clay and a teaspoon of ACV. I added ACV a little at a time until it was nice and thick but spreadable.

HTH

Chrs, I'm totally about to do the baking soda, then ACV rinse. I will tell you how it went!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 12:27 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey TD,

guess what I did?? Yup it's in the mail sunshine!! Now I want all sorts of pics of MM!!

Yay! It will be just in time for my hideous twists, LOL. Just kidding, hopefully my twists are amazingly nice!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 12:28 am

Can someone show me how to multi quote. Clicking multiquote doesn't work for me LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th April 2010, 12:28 am

they will be!! You know we are our own worst critics!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th April 2010, 12:29 am

click multiquote for each one then click on post reply
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 12:29 am

Wow. I would have never known that! Thanks Sweet, I will definitely try that next time!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next