CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by sweetdrk1 29th April 2010, 12:32 am

No worries, someone had to teach me. It saves sooo much time!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 12:35 am

I know, I was like "this makes wayy too many posts" And then I looked at how many posts you've had 4,175. Holy, mol-y TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Icon_eek . I have barely 1,000. So I could use the extra posts to feel special hehe TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Icon_lol
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 2:53 pm

So, I would like everyone to give Chrs a standing ovation... Thank you.

Last night I found MM, under a load of buildup. I did the baking soda, condish mix that Chrs suggested and my-oh-my. Apparently, I had a ton of buildup and didn't even realize it. I kept saying my hair strands were getting thicker, apparently they were covered with every product I've used since January and I had no clue! I followed the Bak.Soda/condish mix with the ACV rinse and a HH condish. My hair was flat as a pancake, when I hopped out of the shower TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Icon_eek. The bak. soda worked great! My hair shaft was smooth and flat, though oddly enough my curls were defined (Even on my 2c/3a section!). It goes to show, that shampoo, doesn't necessarily remove buildup. I may never shampoo again. The Bak.Soda/condish, ACV rinse has entered my reggie.

It was a little unsettling for me. To think that my hair has been weighed down for months! I wonder if it harmed my hair at all? I did get to see MM in her naked state. It is now safe to say that my strands are dense, but fine. It did make me worried about how flat my twists will be, but I am going to start them tonight TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Icon_rolleyes . So nervous!

After the ACV rinse, I sectioned my hair into 10-12 twists and applied Care-free curl moisturizer and EVCO. I didn't want to put too much on, since I will be cool-air drying today for the twists. My hair is still a little damp, I will be taking them down and fluffing for what I know will not be huge hair, but whatev. I have to look cute, since I will be in Ikea for 3 hours (so huge and I have to go through every section!). I will take a quick pic, if it's presentable in any way!

Have a great day ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th April 2010, 3:02 pm

i love my acv rinse but i've never done the bakin soda n condish! i may need to try that esp after experiencing build up from MJ products! Maybe it could be somethin i do once a month or every other month. did u feel refreshed? lol

i love ikea too, everytime i go we gotta take a whole tour as if its our first time! u find the best stuff u really DONT need throughout. EEK!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 29th April 2010, 3:26 pm

LOL @ "every product I've used since January"
That's a lot of buildup.

I used baking soda once and apparently I don't let stuff build up enough to use it because it made me feel super stripped.

Do you use shampoo regularly?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 3:41 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i love my acv rinse but i've never done the bakin soda n condish! i may need to try that esp after experiencing build up from MJ products! Maybe it could be somethin i do once a month or every other month. did u feel refreshed? lol

i love ikea too, everytime i go we gotta take a whole tour as if its our first time! u find the best stuff u really DONT need throughout. EEK!!

I did feel refreshed! LOL.

tiashauntee wrote:LOL @ "every product I've used since January"
That's a lot of buildup.

I used baking soda once and apparently I don't let stuff build up enough to use it because it made me feel super stripped.

Do you use shampoo regularly?

LOL. I shampoo once a month, maybe twice. Because, sometimes my scalp has this like white shadow thing going on, which is why I shampoo. But, I guess it hasn't been working. BTW, I'm a horrible shampoo-er, so that could have something to do with it. I have never been good at getting my hair clean, but this was insane. My head felt lighter afterwards LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 29th April 2010, 4:06 pm

My hubby had build up like and I used the ACV and baking soda with him and it worked great also.

If you continue to shampoo I would highly recommend the roots only bottle to get the shampoo down to your scalp. But I am glad you found something that works. There is nothing like that fresh feeling! Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 4:14 pm

Girl, I just caught up on your blog and saw that bottle! Where did you get it, online?
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th April 2010, 4:35 pm

tiashauntee wrote:My hubby had build up like and I used the ACV and baking soda with him and it worked great also.

If you continue to shampoo I would highly recommend the roots only bottle to get the shampoo down to your scalp. But I am glad you found something that works. There is nothing like that fresh feeling! Smile

I love that thing! It's the only way to shampoo for me!

TerraD wrote:Girl, I just caught up on your blog and saw that bottle! Where did you get it, online?

I got mine at Wal-Mart.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 4:38 pm

Thanks CCC! I will be getting one today! BTW, My bestfriend lives in baltimore, along with half of my family!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 29th April 2010, 5:28 pm

TerraD wrote:Girl, I just caught up on your blog and saw that bottle! Where did you get it, online?

Wally World woot!

I swear Walmart has everything
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 29th April 2010, 5:28 pm

TerraD wrote:
Last night I found MM, under a load of buildup. I did the baking soda, condish mix that Chrs suggested and my-oh-my. Apparently, I had a ton of buildup and didn't even realize it. I kept saying my hair strands were getting thicker, apparently they were covered with every product I've used since January and I had no clue! I followed the Bak.Soda/condish mix with the ACV rinse and a HH condish. My hair was flat as a pancake, when I hopped out of the shower TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Icon_eek. The bak. soda worked great! My hair shaft was smooth and flat, though oddly enough my curls were defined (Even on my 2c/3a section!). It goes to show, that shampoo, doesn't necessarily remove buildup. I may never shampoo again. The Bak.Soda/condish, ACV rinse has entered my reggie.

It was a little unsettling for me. To think that my hair has been weighed down for months! I wonder if it harmed my hair at all? I did get to see MM in her naked state. It is now safe to say that my strands are dense, but fine. It did make me worried about how flat my twists will be, but I am going to start them tonight TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Icon_rolleyes . So nervous!

After the ACV rinse, I sectioned my hair into 10-12 twists and applied Care-free curl moisturizer and EVCO. I didn't want to put too much on, since I will be cool-air drying today for the twists. My hair is still a little damp, I will be taking them down and fluffing for what I know will not be huge hair, but whatev. I have to look cute, since I will be in Ikea for 3 hours (so huge and I have to go through every section!). I will take a quick pic, if it's presentable in any way!

I've always wanted to try the ACV rinse i same some at the grocery store and was tempted to pick it up but hadn't done any research on it yet to seek the benefits of it.

Do you always use the Care Free Curl Moisturizer I was strolling in WalMART and saw it there for less than 6 bucks...and I just got a flash back of a jheri curl does your hair feel soft after using it or greasy. I love evco so if those together work great. I may need to get over my fear of follow the drip.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th April 2010, 5:35 pm

Ok so first of all I'm definitely on my feet clapping for Chrs!!! The baking soda/ACV idea sounds awesome Smile

Also, you can't just be giving out invitations to your house! Cuz I don't to be surprised if I end up at your door, expecting you to FEED ME!!!!!
lol! I'm so serious though Terra I will be at your house one of these days for some BBQ tempeh and smothered potatoes and greend and cornbread. Yummy in my tummy! Razz
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 6:27 pm

npmoore04 wrote:
I've always wanted to try the ACV rinse i same some at the grocery store and was tempted to pick it up but hadn't done any research on it yet to seek the benefits of it.

Do you always use the Care Free Curl Moisturizer I was strolling in WalMART and saw it there for less than 6 bucks...and I just got a flash back of a jheri curl does your hair feel soft after using it or greasy. I love evco so if those together work great. I may need to get over my fear of follow the drip.

I just bought the care free curl moisturizer last week. My hair really likes it. It's not greasy at all and totally not like a jheri curl LOL. But it did moisturize it really well, mixed with the EVCO. I don't use a lot of it though and prefer spraying it from a spray bottle mixed with a little water and leave-in.

bholmes87 wrote:Ok so first of all I'm definitely on my feet clapping for Chrs!!! The baking soda/ACV idea sounds awesome Smile

Also, you can't just be giving out invitations to your house! Cuz I don't to be surprised if I end up at your door, expecting you to FEED ME!!!!!
lol! I'm so serious though Terra I will be at your house one of these days for some BBQ tempeh and smothered potatoes and greend and cornbread. Yummy in my tummy! Razz

You can totally come over and you can sing while I cook hehe! Prefect entertainment!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th April 2010, 7:44 pm

TerraD wrote:
bholmes87 wrote:Ok so first of all I'm definitely on my feet clapping for Chrs!!! The baking soda/ACV idea sounds awesome Smile

You can totally come over and you can sing while I cook hehe! Prefect entertainment!

She is gonna be singing with your cookware and dishes! LOL!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th April 2010, 7:45 pm

Kimmaytube's latest videos have me scared to use Baking soda and ACV. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th April 2010, 11:25 pm

Uh-oh, I need to head over to youtube and see what she says! Thanks Lynnie TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Icon_rolleyes , LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 30th April 2010, 11:19 am

TerraD wrote:Uh-oh, I need to head over to youtube and see what she says! Thanks Lynnie TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Icon_rolleyes , LOL

I like the video...but it makes me not want to use baking soda in my hair again
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th April 2010, 2:13 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Kimmaytube's latest videos have me scared to use Baking soda and ACV. LOL!!

Me too! I hadn't ever considered using baking soda on my hair since ACV does the job for me but after watching her little series I think I will steer clear. I was going to ask her if it would be okay to start a thread on here with all of the videos posted so the curlies could see what her research came up with.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 30th April 2010, 2:13 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Kimmaytube's latest videos have me scared to use Baking soda and ACV. LOL!!

Me too! I hadn't ever considered using baking soda on my hair since ACV does the job for me but after watching her little series I think I will steer clear. I was going to ask her if it would be okay to start a thread on here with all of the videos posted so the curlies could see what her research came up with.

I think that would be a great idea
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 30th April 2010, 2:17 pm

Morning Ladies,

So, I am in full twist frenzy. I have not started twisting, but will in the next 30 minutes. I did a dry comb out (I know! Bad, Bad girl). And I'm about to cool air dry it, to stretch a little more. I have no clue how small I want to make the twists, so we will see. I am going to use EVCO, shea butter and elasta qp mango/olive butter to do my twists. I may throw in a little carefree curl moisturizer, but I don't want my twists to be soaking wet. I'm going to try parting diagonally, so the twists lay just right. Here's a pic of combed out MM:
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Photo_34
It's ALIVE!!!!!! LOL

I have soooo much hair, and I just wonder how hard styling will be, as it grows. That's why a lot of naturals with BSL,MBL and longer hair, keep it in protective styles. It's easier.

On another note, I watched the latest kimmaytube video on baking soda. TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Icon_eek So, the baking soda thing may have been too good to be true. The vid talks about the fact that baking soda is not in fact natural, but above all is so abrasive that it can ruin the ph balance and cuticle layer of the hair TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Icon_pale . I'm wondering though, 'if we are mixing the bak. soda with a pH balanced conditioner, will that decrease the harmful effect the baking soda has on the hair?' I may shoot her a message to see what she thinks. She also stated in her vid, that the bak. soda lifts the cuticles of the hair. I know that shampoos and other hair cleansers lift the cuticle. Which is why we are supposed to condition afterwards, because conditioner closes the cuticles. So, if conditioning after, the cuticles should be closed. I don't know, I may just find something else to use that is just as effective. Don't want to thin out my strands or cause damage at the root!

Have a great day ladies, I'm about to eat my morning oatmeal, so I can start on these mini twists! I think I may catch up on my abc tv shows online!

Hasta Luego!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th April 2010, 2:19 pm

ok I have never used the baking soda..but I love what ACV does for my hair. Going to watch now...thanks guys!

ooo..*waving @ TD*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 30th April 2010, 2:20 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:

tiashauntee wrote:
AfrikanLatina wrote:

I think that would be a great idea

I agree. Some of the ladies aren't checking out youtube. But, you also know. Some people will continue to do whatever, no matter what we say! But, that is a great idea!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 30th April 2010, 2:20 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:ok I have never used the baking soda..but I love what ACV does for my hair. Going to watch now...thanks guys!

ooo..*waving @ TD*

*waving back* Hola, sweet! TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 35 Icon_biggrin
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th April 2010, 2:23 pm

Look at all that hair!!! I love it! I can't wait to see these twist!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next