CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 27 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th March 2010, 12:02 pm

Hello lady, please share your pasta recipe. It sounds interesting. I am trying to incorporate more veggies and meatless meals into my diet.

How're the toning sessions going?

Hope today is a great day!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 27 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by TerraD 11th March 2010, 1:10 am

Ok Chrs! Thanks! I will try to post the pasta recipe tomorrow. I haven't been toning much these past two weeks! I will be starting back tomorrow. Today was great!

Nothing new with MM today, she will be getting braided tomorrow for a friday braidout! And friday is my first day of scrubs!!!!! Yay! Today someone told me that I had great hair! Yay, MM. We took pics today and I almost broke a toe jumping off of the CHLA blocks (we were getting fancy).
This is a pic of the blocks. They are about 6 ft tall!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pURWiTM4qvs/R9W6k5DJEAI/AAAAAAAAAAk/R8UGuQ3HafA/S269/CHLA+blocks.jpg

Night, off to bed!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th March 2010, 7:18 am

Your personality jumps off the page! I can't wait to see pics!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th March 2010, 11:05 am

LOL @ jumping off the blocks. I am sure many before you have been on those blocks too, I know I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to take a pic on the blocks.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th March 2010, 2:58 am

Thanks sweet!
LOL @ tia!

Nothing new with MM, she will not be changing into a braidout girl, just yet. Maybe tomorrow! I'm exhausted. Saturday I will fill you guys in on the past week and all it's bringing with it! Night!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th March 2010, 11:02 am

Good Friday Morning TD.

Have a Blessed Day.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th March 2010, 12:20 pm

Any other natural ladies at your job? If not....you are about to start a revolution.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th March 2010, 11:12 pm

Thanks BBD, I hope you had a great friday as well!
Tia, I have not seen any naturals at the hospital! I saw a pic of a girl that has huge curls, but I've yet to see her around!

Tonight, I will be doing a search and destroy on MM. I will be subsequently doing braids for that braidout I've been promising her! I will also be exercising tonight. Tomorrow I will dish about my horrible health this past week! I have the weekend off so I have to detox, LOL!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 15th March 2010, 10:32 pm

Good Evening Ladies,

So, saturday I did a search and destroy on MM! I had to take a decent amount off of the back (~1/4 inch). But, it will be better in the end! I did a braidout on my dirty hair (It's been straight for going on 3 weeks!). The braidout came out really flat on my straight hair! I ended up wearing it in a bun. But, the bun was so cute that I did it again this morning for work! (Protective Style, Woot!) I will post pics soon. And I will be rocking it for the rest of the week!

On another note, I will be doing an updo for my bestfriend's wedding. So I will be searching for styles over the next week! Please post any ideas or suggestions. Her only stipulation was that it have loose curls (totally for curls TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 27 Icon_cheers ).

Also,,,,,,, I MISS you guys TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 27 Icon_sad ! Working is great, but I never know what's going on in everyone's life! And I never have time to check all of the links/blogs, etc.

I'm now off to prep my outfit and lunch for tomorrow!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 15th March 2010, 11:03 pm

I'm happy you got a new job but it's taking your time away from us Sad

If I come across any styles I will be back to post!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th March 2010, 1:10 am

I know, Tia! Please post any styles you find. I am going to do an intense online search this weekend!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th March 2010, 1:14 am

Glad everything is working out for you at your new job. Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th March 2010, 11:50 pm

Thanks Intelligent Beauty!

Evening ladies,

Two major events for the day:
1) I experienced my first earthquake! It was not big, a 4.4, but it was definitely something! I felt as if I was doing the shimmy shoulders (Yep, I just made that up! LOL) But, we're alright here in LA, so God is good.

2) My braidout turned out a little bit bigger today, so I snapped a pic before leaving. I was supposed to bun, but let MM do her thing. Tomorrow, she will be bunned!
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 27 Photo_22

I'm off to bed! Night!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th March 2010, 11:59 pm

When I heard that on the news this morning, you were the first person to pop into my mind. I'm glad to hear everything is ok.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 27 Icon_cheers for bigger hair!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th March 2010, 12:01 am

An earthquake?!?! I would still be shaking, LOL. I am glad that you are okay.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th March 2010, 12:23 am

Yes He is, this weather has been crazy. Glad you are ok!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 17th March 2010, 3:38 pm

Glad the job is working out. Glad you are ok after the quake. You and MM and lookin good.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th March 2010, 12:23 am

Tonight, MM will be getting a good moisturizing! Today she was styled in a southern tease bun.

On a random note, I had a classmate come up to me and say "Do you have a lot of shrinkage when your hair is wet?"
I replied "Yes."
She said "Last week, it looked pretty long and I know it was curled, so it would probably be long if it was bone straight."
I replied "It's a decent length."
She stated "I would love to see it straight"
I quickly turned away, because I did not want the conversation to progress to her telling me why I should fry MM into submission! She just so happens to be the know-it-all in our group and I know that this is only the first time she will ask me something stupid about my hair!

Sorry, for the vent...Night ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th March 2010, 9:58 am

LOL....oh the dumb straight requests. You should have replied "it's nice to want things"
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th March 2010, 2:49 pm

LOL @ tia, that would have been a good one!

Last night I gave MM a much need moisture fix. I used EVOO, shea butter and castor oil. I then put her in a big french braid down the back. I will be taking that out and putting her in a bun. While moisturizing I could tell that I gained 1/4" to 1/2" in some spots. Since my hair was straight, you can totally see the thick new growth wave! I think it came from not messing with my hair. I moisturized and rolled my hair every night and I think it helped!

On sunday I will be shampooing, DCing and trying my hand at the rollerset again. My bestfriend's wedding is quickly approaching and I need my hair to look like I took hours to do it. Hopefully I will not have to use the low setting flat iron at ALL! I bought some smaller rollers to make it easier to grip my hair, so hopefully it works.

Have a great day ladies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th March 2010, 2:52 pm

tiashauntee wrote:LOL....oh the dumb straight requests. You should have replied "it's nice to want things"
Great answer! Folks kill me, I just got the 'what did you do??? (horror face) it looked longer last week" I just smiled and kept walking! for her safety!

Ohh a roller set!! I can't wait to see!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th March 2010, 3:08 pm

LOL, girl that's why I turned around. Not trying to lose my job already!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th March 2010, 4:33 pm

Geez, what happen to people minding their business?

Yay for hair growth and retention. I cannot french braid to save my life. I have watch YT video after YT video with no success.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th March 2010, 5:19 pm

Chrs, I didn't say it was a good french braid, LOL. It was strictly for sleeping! I would never leave the house with that pitiful braid.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th March 2010, 12:45 am

TerraD

I like the way you handled that situation....I wonder why people feel that they can make unsolicited comments about out hair!!!

I remember when I did my bc...this older lady on my job walked into my office and just said "I don't like your hair" no Hi, how are you, are you having a good day, just "I don't like your hair." I guess the look on my face said it all cause she said..."I know you don't care." What I wanted to say I will not publish in your thread!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next