CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco custard

+56
Dorothy
Renny
kelleemudiva
LuvMeAsI'am
ajsimmons8
Ladybird
MissyCee
Umph
yldthng
CurlyMo
NeeC1
Hart-4-Naturals
crimsonpeach
MsKayDee
Emartini04
KreyolKatt
naomimaxine927
TBritt
greenyourdecor
jeanlouisangel
devastatingdiva
TMac
yoflynn
thicktjt88
Naturally Esq
IJustWannaKnow2
Marci Pie
nbella
Hazelbabe
Naturalin2010
nana2010
JerseyGyrl
carfi366
DEE DUBB
QuietButterfly
Armywife
ChrsLvsBks
summerbreeze76
CurlyPA
pdarden
EmbracingNaturalMe
Lynnieluve
MzLaLaRochelle
tashafawn24
Offandrunning
CocaColaCutie
curlybarbi48
CocoaDreamee
Born2BeMe
NaturalTina
jewanda
LaToya28
WalkingInDestiny
DreamMerchant
TwistedKurlzz
justicenga
60 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Eco custard - Page 4 Empty Re: Eco custard

Post by carfi366 8th July 2010, 12:26 pm

Naturalin2010 it will work! Girl in the words of Justicenga, the eco custard is "the bizness!" I love that stuff and so appreciate her recipe! I plan to co-wash tonight and put me some twists in and figure out some way to pin them up in a cute updo for work. I don't know how but I'll figure something out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Please post pics looking forward to seeing your hairdo.
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 8th July 2010, 4:59 pm

Hi everyone!!! Just wanted to let you all know that I made the custard and used it last night. Ya'll definitely right, that is the stuff!! I used all of the ingredients, but my eco styler has the olive oil, but I mixed it with everything else. This needs to be patented! (@justicenga, where you at??) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I washed and conditioned my hair with my Carol's Daughter shampoo and conditioner because I needed to get rid of build up, but let me tell ya, as soon as I put that custard on my hair - that new growth curled and coiled I screamed! It was beautiful. So, I did my 2 strand twist and flexi-rod because I still have perm. I sat under the dryer for about 1 1/2 hrs and then went to bed. This morning, it was a little damp. My ends were a little too straight. But - when I touched that new growth, it was soft, coiled and springy but couldn't see if for the perm. So, guess what? I'm BC'ng. Forget this perm stuff. Can't stand it anymore! Because of seeing what this custard can do, I'm seeing the stylist tomorrow to see what she needs to do to get me natural!!!! Sorry so long winded, I'll keep you guys posted [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 8th July 2010, 5:49 pm

Naturalin2010 congratulations on the decision to BC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]! I am so happy your ecocustard was a good experince.Girl I told you that ecocustard is the truth! You are so right Justicenga needs to patent that recipe. Letting my hair dry a bit has helped me with shrinkage, I also try to stretch my hair a bit when I apply the ecocustard before twisting.
Try the picture again it didn't come through.
So happy for you girl!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Eco custard - Page 4 Empty 2nd Pic Attempt

Post by Naturalin2010 8th July 2010, 6:05 pm

I'm having problems trying to upload a picture. It's not working. I tried to upload from my pc and from my photobucket site, but something I'm not doing right. If I ever get it working, I'll post a picture.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 9th July 2010, 12:45 am

Naturalin2010 I'm so happy for you!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I wish I could patent this stuff...Lord knows I need the money. You're gonna be so happy after your BC.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by nbella 11th July 2010, 9:49 pm

Hey Ladies. IF you want your hair extra moisturized try adding 1 TSBP og gylcerin to your custard. I love it . My hair is so soft and managable. I get tons of compliments daily on my hair. I love this stuff.
nbella
nbella

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Pie 13th July 2010, 11:45 am

I tried this recipe and I am in love. I have been trying the CG method since the end of May. I have tried so many different products and something has always happened. Either it looks great the first day or few hours never 2 or 3 day hair. I even tried Eco Styler by itself both clear and olive oil.

I am so impressed with this recipe! My hair is soft, my curls are defined, and I have little frizz.

I co-washed my hair Sunday night and applied the Eco Custard. I did not even use leave-in. I sat under the dryer however when I went to bed my hair was damp in the back and was squished a little by my satin bonnet. I diffused with my blow dryer and separated my culs and my hair looked great.

Last night I just wet my hair in the shower and applied the Eco Custard and did the same routine except I pony tailed my hair and slept on my satin pillow case. My hair was flat, but I misted with water and diffused again and rubbed a little more custard on my hair and separted my curls. It looks great! I just want more volume so next time I co-wash I am going to diffuse instead of sitting under the dryer.

Thanks for sharing.

P.S.
I co-washed my daughter's hair and used Aussie Moist as a leave in and when I added the custard it had white specks. I don't think the Eco agrees with her hair because I had the same thing happen when I used the Eco Olive oil. What do you think happened?

Marci Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 13th July 2010, 7:59 pm

aussie moist isn't a leave in so maybe that could be responsible for the flecks?
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 18th July 2010, 5:44 pm

Hmm, wonder what happened to my batch - I didn't have the AV so I substituted the glycerin in lieu of.
I had to rinse the stuff out after my hair dried - it was a hot mess - white stuff all over my head.
When I used the Eco w/OO by itself - I got much better results definition-wise, after it dried, but my hair is crunchy as a potato chip... confused

Gee, I like the look, but what to do about tomorrow - how to handle 2-day Eco?

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 18th July 2010, 7:40 pm

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by nbella 23rd July 2010, 11:53 am

Hi IJustWannaKnow2, When I use just the gel without making it in to an custard i refresh the curls with spraying an leave-in conditioner and scrunch the curls to reactivate the gel. I can wear this style for 3-4 days before needing to wash out.

I prefer the custard with glycerin, gel, and olive oil. I use just to define my hair and also for twisting..

Hope this helps.
nbella
nbella

Back to top Go down

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 23rd July 2010, 3:47 pm

Ohhhh, so if I do an WnG I should use the Eco straight and refresh 2nd day w/ the leave in.
for the twists, I should use the Eco custard - that makes sense. Thanks!

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 3rd August 2010, 9:57 pm

NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by thicktjt88 4th August 2010, 11:41 am

I really have to try this eco custard. I have been searching for something to do my twists with and get good definition for a twist out!!!
thicktjt88
thicktjt88

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 4th August 2010, 1:28 pm

I just used the custard for a coil out, and I LOVE it. There is hold, but it is not too hard. And my coils are moisturized. I didn't even need to add a moisturizer. I added 1 tsp of jojoba oil too...
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th September 2010, 9:14 pm

WHAT ABOUT ECO STYLER OLIVE OIL GEL W/ ORGANIX EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL??? I ALSO BOUGHT SOME VITAMIN E OIL....WOULD THESE BE A GOOD THING TO MIX ALL TOGETHER TO USE ON HAIR AFTER SHAMPOOING AND CONDITIONING FOR A LEAVIN?

Back to top Go down

Post by yoflynn 16th September 2010, 12:45 am

I'm going to have to try this. Which color of the Eco styled gel do you use? I get white flakes when I use the clear.
yoflynn
yoflynn

http://www.naturallynewbie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 12:51 am

um...idk who u were asking about the gel, but i bought the eco styler olive oil gel.................................i mixed more extra virgin olive oil in it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by TMac 29th September 2010, 7:50 pm

Kisses and hugs to justicenga! New to the site and the forum and this is my first post. I couldn't not drop a line on how much I appreciated the eco custard recipe. I didn't know what EVCO stood for so I added both coconut oil and castor oil and it turned out pretty good. Going to become tech savvy so I can share pics. Thanx again

TMac

Back to top Go down

Post by devastatingdiva 11th October 2010, 9:20 pm

Your hair is really pretty Ms. Barbara Very Happy
devastatingdiva
devastatingdiva

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 12th October 2010, 11:55 am

Hey guys, Your hair is gorgeous!!!! Love this forum..So if I use the eco style with say a shea mix i made, it will leave white residue? And do you use the eco-custard with one application? How many uses can i get out of one batch? My head is small..lol..and my hair doesnt need a lot of product is why I ask...Thanks in advance Laughing
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by greenyourdecor 12th October 2010, 5:10 pm

I'll really have to try this. I've had an almost full jar of EcoStyler for months because I could never get it to work really well in my hair. I think maybe if I balance it with these other ingredients in the custard, I'll get better results. I'll have to pick up some Aloe Vera Gel, but it sounds promising.
greenyourdecor
greenyourdecor

http://guillotineco.com

Back to top Go down

Eco custard - Page 4 Empty OH EM GEE

Post by TBritt 10th December 2010, 11:18 pm

...ever since the whole ordeal with Afroveda jumped off, I have been searching for a replacement...I can't wait to try this mixture!!!...

TBritt

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 11th December 2010, 12:10 am

That is some great definition, I'll have to keep that recipe in mind.
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 11th December 2010, 3:44 am

I have yet to try this. I think I'll whip up a batch tomorrow for my next set of twists.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next