CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco custard

+56
Dorothy
Renny
kelleemudiva
LuvMeAsI'am
ajsimmons8
Ladybird
MissyCee
Umph
yldthng
CurlyMo
NeeC1
Hart-4-Naturals
crimsonpeach
MsKayDee
Emartini04
KreyolKatt
naomimaxine927
TBritt
greenyourdecor
jeanlouisangel
devastatingdiva
TMac
yoflynn
thicktjt88
Naturally Esq
IJustWannaKnow2
Marci Pie
nbella
Hazelbabe
Naturalin2010
nana2010
JerseyGyrl
carfi366
DEE DUBB
QuietButterfly
Armywife
ChrsLvsBks
summerbreeze76
CurlyPA
pdarden
EmbracingNaturalMe
Lynnieluve
MzLaLaRochelle
tashafawn24
Offandrunning
CocaColaCutie
curlybarbi48
CocoaDreamee
Born2BeMe
NaturalTina
jewanda
LaToya28
WalkingInDestiny
DreamMerchant
TwistedKurlzz
justicenga
60 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Eco custard - Page 3 Empty Re: Eco custard

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd June 2010, 7:26 pm

DEE DUBB wrote:I have the Eco-styler olive oil. Do I still need to add EVOO to the custard?

I add EVOO to my eco styler olive oil gel.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 22nd June 2010, 7:56 pm

and what is the difference between aloe vera gel and aloe vera in liquid form?
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 30th June 2010, 9:48 am

@Justicenga girl you are right the eco custard is the bizness [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I mixed up a batch last night and put in some twostrand twists that were worthy or wearing outside. The shine is great and my
hair doesn't feel too hard and dry. Love it, will try to post some pics later today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by carfi366 on 1st July 2010, 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added pics)
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 30th June 2010, 6:31 pm

Glad to hear it carfi366!!! Waiting for the pics lady!!!
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by JerseyGyrl 30th June 2010, 11:40 pm

i will have to try this I have been 'layering'' when using eco. First I would co-wash, then leave a lil bit of condish in, then smooth in some AVG, THEN twist with eco. Do you have to refrigerate this custard? The AVG i use has to be kept cold for freshness. I'm assuming if you don't use the whole batch you just toss it? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JerseyGyrl
JerseyGyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 1st July 2010, 12:44 am

JerseyGyrl wrote:i will have to try this I have been 'layering'' when using eco. First I would co-wash, then leave a lil bit of condish in, then smooth in some AVG, THEN twist with eco. Do you have to refrigerate this custard? The AVG i use has to be kept cold for freshness. I'm assuming if you don't use the whole batch you just toss it? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I put my leftovers in the fridge.
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st July 2010, 9:49 am

carfi366 wrote:@Justicenga girl you are right the eco custard is the bizness [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I mixed up a batch last night and put in some twostrand twists that were worthy or wearing outside. The shine is great and my
hair doesn't feel too hard and dry. Love it, will try to post some pics later today.

Beautiful--I hope to see your hair close up Sunday!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nana2010 2nd July 2010, 12:07 am

what does EVOO and EVCO stand for? Am new with natural hair and trying to find product to use for my curls. Also my hair breaks out crazy. Can someone please help me.

nana2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd July 2010, 12:14 am

Natural Hair Dictionary<<<click here

nana2010 wrote:what does EVOO and EVCO stand for? Am new with natural hair and trying to find product to use for my curls. Also my hair breaks out crazy. Can someone please help me.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 2nd July 2010, 9:44 am

nana2010 wrote:what does EVOO and EVCO stand for? Am new with natural hair and trying to find product to use for my curls. Also my hair breaks out crazy. Can someone please help me.

EVOO= Extra Virgin Olive Oil and EVCO= Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by nana2010 2nd July 2010, 10:13 am

[quote="Lynnieluve"]Natural Hair Dictionary<<

nana2010

Back to top Go down

Post by nana2010 2nd July 2010, 10:13 am

carfi366 wrote:

EVOO= Extra Virgin Olive Oil and EVCO= Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Thank Carfi 366

nana2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 7th July 2010, 12:16 am

Do you all use this on completely natural hair or do you think it will work on transitioners doing twist outs. Where can I get the coconut oil (I think that's what the EVCO is) and the olive oil. Is the olive oil the same as my cooking oil. I have some Bertran Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I currently use the Eco Styler gel with olive oil. That would seem to be too much oil and might be too heavy on the permed ends. What do you all think?
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 7th July 2010, 6:35 am

Naturalin2010 wrote:Do you all use this on completely natural hair or do you think it will work on transitioners doing twist outs. Where can I get the coconut oil (I think that's what the EVCO is) and the olive oil. Is the olive oil the same as my cooking oil. I have some Bertran Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I currently use the Eco Styler gel with olive oil. That would seem to be too much oil and might be too heavy on the permed ends. What do you all think?

Naturalin2010 I would think that the ecocustard would work on your relaxed hair because of the ecostyler is a styling gel that can be used on any texture of hair. The EVOO, EVCO and AVG add the moisture and protection for styling purposes. Yes the Bertran EVOO you have in your kitchen is fine. I get my EVCO from Whole Foods, if you don't have a Whole Foods try Trader Joe, Walmart or maybe even your regular grocers may carry it. Hope this helps.
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 7th July 2010, 9:44 am

carfi366 wrote:

Naturalin2010 I would think that the ecocustard would work on your relaxed hair because of the ecostyler is a styling gel that can be used on any texture of hair. The EVOO, EVCO and AVG add the moisture and protection for styling purposes. Yes the Bertran EVOO you have in your kitchen is fine. I get my EVCO from Whole Foods, if you don't have a Whole Foods try Trader Joe, Walmart or maybe even your regular grocers may carry it. Hope this helps.

Thanks carfi366. I'm going to look for the EVCO in Walmart first. Do they usually carry this in the regular cooking oils section or the hair section. I've seen like Tree Tea oil, Kiwi oils in the hair section at Walmart but didn't know if it was the pure oils everyone speaks of. Also, when you put this on before twisting is this after you put in a leave in conditioner after co-washing. I currently use the Hawaiian Silk 14-n-1 (can't think of exact name). I need to wash my hair today and want to try it.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 7th July 2010, 10:00 am

Naturalin2010 wrote:
carfi366 wrote:

Thanks carfi366. I'm going to look for the EVCO in Walmart first. Do they usually carry this in the regular cooking oils section or the hair section. I've seen like Tree Tea oil, Kiwi oils in the hair section at Walmart but didn't know if it was the pure oils everyone speaks of. Also, when you put this on before twisting is this after you put in a leave in conditioner after co-washing. I currently use the Hawaiian Silk 14-n-1 (can't think of exact name). I need to wash my hair today and want to try it.

In Whole Foods they have it in the health and beauty section, but I have seen it in MOM (My Organic Market) in the regular cooking oils section. Walmart may have it in the cooking section. I'm not sure about the tea tree oils, I'm a PJ so I'll try it and if my hair likes it, it works for me.
I do use the ecocustard after my leave-in condish after I have co-washed. If my hair is really thirsty and dry I will also do a pre-poo before my co-wash or poo. When I do my two strand twists I put my leave in conditioner in on damp hair. Let that dry (in big twists) a bit until damp and then I start doing smaller twists putting a moisturizer on first and the ecocustard) before I start twisting. It gives me nice moisturized twist with a bit of hold (non-crunchy). Hope that helps!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th July 2010, 11:28 am

finally made it back around to this thread. carfi love the twists with the ecocustard!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 7th July 2010, 11:47 am

carfi366 wrote:
In Whole Foods they have it in the health and beauty section, but I have seen it in MOM (My Organic Market) in the regular cooking oils section. Walmart may have it in the cooking section. I'm not sure about the tea tree oils, I'm a PJ so I'll try it and if my hair likes it, it works for me.
I do use the ecocustard after my leave-in condish after I have co-washed. If my hair is really thirsty and dry I will also do a pre-poo before my co-wash or poo. When I do my two strand twists I put my leave in conditioner in on damp hair. Let that dry (in big twists) a bit until damp and then I start doing smaller twists putting a moisturizer on first and the ecocustard) before I start twisting. It gives me nice moisturized twist with a bit of hold (non-crunchy). Hope that helps!

Thanks again!! One more question, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] what kind of moisturizer do you use? You have been lots of help!!!!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 7th July 2010, 12:49 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:finally made it back around to this thread. carfi love the twists with the ecocustard!

Thank you CCC, I made the ecocustard and used the instructions you gave me. Now I'm even sharing that knowledge with other natural beauties. Thanks again!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 7th July 2010, 12:54 pm

Naturalin2010 wrote:
carfi366 wrote:

Thanks again!! One more question, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] what kind of moisturizer do you use? You have been lots of help!!!!

You are so welcome, curlynikki.com and the forums have been so helpful to me, I'm happy to pass along what I have learned.
I use a conditioning shea butter mixture I purchased from butter-n-bars.com. I'm sure you can use whatever you have been using to moisturize your hair. Just remember layer, moisturizer, ecocustard, sealing ends with a light touch of oil, to keep the hair moisturized under the ecocustard that consists largely of gel.
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 7th July 2010, 7:46 pm

Well, everyone, I think I struck gold. I went to The Vitamin Shoppe and found all of the oils I've seen on this site. I didn't buy them all, I only bought the EVCO. I also bought some AVG. So now, I have all of the ingredients so I'm ready to make my Eco custard (thanks Carfi366) I'm so pysched (sp?) that I want to go and do this now, but I have to go into work for a meeting tomorrow morning and if it doesn't turn out right, I'll be bummed. But, I have to do something to this mop now because I had a hat on when I went out earlier. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 7th July 2010, 8:21 pm

It will work Naturalin2010 just believe. Glad you found all the ingredients. Good luck.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 7th July 2010, 9:18 pm

Apologies going out to @justicenga! Thanking YOU for the receipe for the custard concoction. Thanks to @carfi366 for giving me advice on how to use it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Sorry about the mixups ya'll. I just got sooo excited thinking I may have found something that might work for me. I'll be sure to post pics when i do!!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelbabe 7th July 2010, 11:49 pm

I just made a Eco Styler mix today for my braid-out. I just used the clear Eco styler, Suave Almond and shea butter conditioner, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner and olive oil. I'll see how it turns out when I take the braids out later on this week.

I've been looking for a inexpensive custard/cream that does spoil like my shea butter mix (it was probably the coconut milk and honey). I might have to try this if my result aren't that great.
Hazelbabe
Hazelbabe

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 8th July 2010, 1:06 am

No problem Naturalin2010. We're all in this together...helping each other out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next