CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kinksncurls ~ Still braided up

+14
.:Eden:.
mizcreativelyme
Treece
crvng4mr
NewlyNina
CocoEuro
Lynnieluve
KinkyNappyHappy
priceless
sweetdrk1
krazy coils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
NylaCoils
kinksncurls
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

kinksncurls ~ Still braided up - Page 5 Empty Re: kinksncurls ~ Still braided up

Post by coilykinks 13th January 2011, 11:25 pm

Hi Kinksandcurls!

I considered locs, but unlike u I like wearing my hair out sometimes.

I think the locs would look great on you.

Good luck with whatever u decide.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

kinksncurls ~ Still braided up - Page 5 Empty Re: kinksncurls ~ Still braided up

Post by kinksncurls 16th January 2011, 8:26 pm

Hi coilykinks, Thank You! I imagine myself with them all the time lol. I'm still trying to consider the maintance and whether it will really save me more time. As it is I only really do my hair once a month with my braids (sometimes longer), so I've been having second thoughts. But I don't know, its still a possibility, I just have more considering to do.

Hair update:
I've not been feeling like myself lately, so I haven't moisturized my hair at all in a week affraid . So today I decided to wash and deep condition. I'm sitting with my deep condition mix on right now. I plan on leaving it in for an hour or so. I read somewhere that leaving conditioner in your hair for longer than stated on the package doesn't do anything. But I still can't get out of the habit of leaving it in for longer. I leave my conditioners in for at least 30 minutes. I'm still in braids. I'm not sure when I'll re-do them. I'm actually considering re-doing parts of the front and leaving them in for 2 months.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th January 2011, 8:45 pm

I just finished deep conditioning too..it makes such a difference. Hope you enjoyed your weekend!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 28th January 2011, 5:12 pm

@sweet- yes deep conditioning really does make a difference. I still haven't found a deep treatment that I love, but I'm cheap lol. I don't want to buy one online, or pay as much as i pay for my butters/ leave-in conditioners that I do purchase online
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 28th January 2011, 5:23 pm

I'm still in braids. Last week, i re-did the braids from the old braids. I started off thinking I was just going to touch up the front but it took about 3 hours to take the front down and re-do them so I figured I might as well spend the time and take out the rest so I can get another month out of the style. When I take this set down, I need to give my scalp a rest from braids for a while, so I'll probably wear my hair out for a few days.
The hair on my left side is shorter than the hair on my right side. It's bothering me, but my husband said its not noticeable and he isn't really sure that its actually shorter. I thought that maybe when I did my last trim I may have made it uneven, but I started looking at my pictures from april 2010 and it seems as though my hair on the left was always shorter. *shrugs*. see:

april 2010
kinksncurls ~ Still braided up - Page 5 00610

I thought about evening it out, but I don't want to do it myself and I'm finally at a length that I'm comfortable with. I can put my hair in a ponytail now, so I don't think I'll cut it. Plus I want a stylist to do it, and I can't work up the courage to see one.

Everyone is raving about the tangle teezer and I really want one so I'll probably get one soon. My nappiversary is next month! I can't believe its almost a year since I had to courage to big chop. I'm still trying to decide whether to lock my hair or not. At this point I'm thinking of giving my hair another year loose before making the decision. Maybe I'll do a second big chop, I don't know yet.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th January 2011, 6:33 pm

Where are the new pics of your hair? I broke down and bought the tangle teezer. I plan to use it on Sunday.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 28th January 2011, 9:06 pm

@lynnie - i forgot to put the after picture Embarassed

okay so now that I looked at the pictures it looks like the right side of my hair is shorter than the left now. I must have done it during trimming because my hair doesn't appear to be that way in april 2010
April 2010: front

kinksncurls ~ Still braided up - Page 5 00612

April 2010: back
kinksncurls ~ Still braided up - Page 5 00510

my hair now - pictures from today with my new set of braids (to me the right side appears to be about 2 inches shorter) my husband disagrees and says I grab my hair at different spots on my head and that is why it looks that way. I don't know. I'm thinking i'll see a stylist in the summer time once my hair gets a chance to gain some more length and get an even trim. But I mostly wear braided styles so I'm not sure it matters.

front
kinksncurls ~ Still braided up - Page 5 Natura10

kinksncurls ~ Still braided up - Page 5 Natura12

back
kinksncurls ~ Still braided up - Page 5 Natura11
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 29th January 2011, 10:09 am

Hi Kinksncurls! Smile Your braids look great, so full and shiny! I have the same problem with one side being longer than the other, and one side is actually FULLER than the other (because I sleep one side all the time...so it's my fault. Laughing) Anywho, you look wonderful and I hope you have a great day!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 29th January 2011, 3:26 pm

Hi LadyMika - Thank you! I've finally found the right product combo's so my hair has been really moisturized. I read a post a couple of days ago about hair growing at different rates, and people having different lengths of hair. I thought it was only me that had one side that was longer than the other, but I guess its more common than I thought. You look great yourself, and I'll be staying tuned to your journal as your locs progress. Don't be surprised if I ask lots of questions Smile Because I'm super interested in getting them done myself...have a great weekend!
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 31st January 2011, 12:33 am

I bought the tangle teezer bounce I haven't tried it yet and won't get to until I take my braids out in three weeks but I couldn't wait to have it after all the awesome reviews on here!
I'm super in love with Qhemet's burdock root cream! I started using it over my shea moisture hair milk, and my hair has been super soft for over a week now! Since re-doing my braids I haven't had to moisturize in 9 days with this combo and that's amazing for me. I decided to give it a second try and I'm glad I did. I like it way better than my afroveda shea alma and the alma and olive heavy cream this way. Its definitely a keeper. Now I only have to find a deep treatment that I really like that fits within my budget and I'm good!
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5