CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

+49
summerbreeze76
mizcreativelyme
jaybella
rayray19
Umph
Treece
curlya
BajanPrincess82
mrsmackey
blondie
PaganWifey
wyldhoney
CocaColaCutie
WhosThatRedHead
priceless
MellowOne
swoodward
TheRYL1
BrownSkinDiva
mstokes2008
TMS
FemmeFox
Pinkrage
iri9109
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
CocoEuro
CrissyQ
poeticlyspkng
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Curly_Aquarius
~JOME~
bholmes87
ChrsLvsBks
Karyn
krazy coils
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
Juices-n-Berries
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
gigihaitiancurly
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
LadyMika
53 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Empty Re: Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

Post by TheRYL1 10th June 2010, 7:31 pm

Hey Lady Mika!

Thanks for the info...maybe I'll try yarn braids because synthetic makes me break out, too...causing me to avoid braids.

Hmmm...learn something new everyday...THANK YOU! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Empty Re: Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while.

Post by SheeTacular 15th June 2010, 1:26 pm

Hey lady!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 16th June 2010, 11:02 am

Hello all.

I know I've been out of the loop for a few days. (More like a WEEK.) But I've been busy. I'm doing work study at the school I take my guitar lessons, so my week is a bit fuller with less time to keep up with all of you. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_cry But, that's what these high tech cellphones are for, so I'll drop in from time to time and post when I can. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_smile

As far as hair news goes, after taking down my braids THREE WEEKS EARLIER THAN I WANTED (I'm still a little annoyed about that), Gypsy was NOT happy with me at all. I guess she was exacting her anger on me for trying to put her in braids. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Kopfschuettel Dry, dry, DRY. But that was because I didn't DC immediately after the take down. (I was late for my lesson.) I gave her a DC on Monday, and now she is fully pacified (and behaving herself). I noticed my edges have filled in MORE since I looked at them the a couple of weeks ago, so progress IS being made. My feelings on the Yes To Cucumber conditioner are surprisingly so-so. I like the way my hair feels after co-washing with it, but I get that feeling from Nature's Gate Hemp conditioner as well. (For $2 less.) I'll use out the rest of the bottle, and then decide if I'm going to keep using it. (I don't think so though.) I also need to re-up my KCKT.

Not much else is happening in my world right now. I need to get my day started, so off I go.

Have a great day everyone!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th June 2010, 11:30 am

Sorry to hear about the braids, how've you been wearing your hair lately?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 16th June 2010, 11:48 am

Hey Lady Mika!!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 16th June 2010, 12:54 pm

Hey Lady!!! Showing some love and I'm glad you got Gyspy back on track!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 16th June 2010, 6:07 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Sorry to hear about the braids, how've you been wearing your hair lately?

Honestly, most of my hair in the back was just too short for me to really "catch". I'll just wait until later in the year to try again. I'm back to TWA status for now. The shrinkage is killing me though. The front stretches to my brows but snaps back to the size of a PEA. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_eek It's crazy!

krazy coils wrote:Hey Lady Mika!!

Hey KC! How are you! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_cheers

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey Lady!!! Showing some love and I'm glad you got Gyspy back on track!

Hi CG! Thanks for stopping by. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_smile Gypsy is making me crazy, and she's not even long yet. I have NO IDEA how I'm going to protect her from the heat this summer. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Kopfschuettel
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 18th June 2010, 11:56 pm

Hey Mika! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 19th June 2010, 3:00 pm

I love the avi. I see waves!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 19th June 2010, 7:34 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:Hey Mika! Very Happy

Hey CA! How are you?

swoodward wrote:I love the avi. I see waves!

Thanks Swoodward. Yep, Gypsy's curling up on me BIG TIME. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_biggrin That pics a little old, but I'll take a new one soon.
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st June 2010, 12:39 am

Hey lady, how you?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st June 2010, 1:25 am

Hey Mika! You probably know I HATE shrinkage too! You made me laugh saying it snapped back to the size of a pea. Laughing with you. I struggled with that for so long. When I wash and go, I get the same exact resutls. Not fun. and NEVER happy about it! But it will come. Just look at Sweet's! She gives me hope!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 22nd June 2010, 12:21 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey lady, how you?

Hey Sweet! Glad to see you again! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_smile

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Mika! You probably know I HATE shrinkage too! You made me laugh saying it snapped back to the size of a pea. Laughing with you. I struggled with that for so long. When I wash and go, I get the same exact resutls. Not fun. and NEVER happy about it! But it will come. Just look at Sweet's! She gives me hope!

I know. I take one look at Sweet's hair, hell EVERYONE'S hair, and I am motivated once again. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_lol Once Gypsy gets longer again, shrinkage won't be much of an issue anymore. (Because she'll grow OUT and then FALL under her own weight.) Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_wink
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 22nd June 2010, 12:37 am

Hey Mika! I feel your pain about the shrinkage. I love my bouncy curls, but to know that my hair is actually longer is killing me softly. Oh well, at least it's healthy Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_biggrin.
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 22nd June 2010, 12:38 am

Been a little while. Just a quick update before I go to bed tonight; I have work-study in the morning at 10am.

Gypsy is growing, but I find myself a little impatient. Not really with the shrinkage; that's just a part of life until she starts to really grow and then fall after a while. (About the 8 month mark.) I'm just impatient with...well, the GROWTH. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_neutral Not a rushing, "hurry the hell up" impatience, but the "why isn't my hair LONGER" kind of impatience. It doesn't help that my hands have been IN MY HAIR the last few days. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_redface Which is why I put the braids in to begin with. But since SOMEONE *gives Gypsy the stink face* wants to be difficult, I have to wait. I mean, I know the length will come but I just feel like I'm missing a couple of inches. This is probably because of the length I had when I BC'd the very first time. I was 6 months post relaxer and wearing puffs less than two months later after the BC.

But I know for sure it's because the barber I went to--despite doing a good job--cut off MORE than I was expecting him to. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_pale Lesson learned: stay away from barbers when you need a trim.

At any rate.

Tuesdays would usually be my Wash Day, but I'm moving it to Wednesday because I'll be too busy on Tuesdays for the next two months. Wednesday will be the usual cleanse, DC and style. Length check at the end of the month.

And that's about it for now. I'll try to give a more robust update (even though my life isn't THAT interesting Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_razz ) later on in the week.

Good night everyone!
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 22nd June 2010, 12:40 am

Mika, I am tired, that older boy had a birthday party from Fri-Today and he is only 10 he got his ear pierced and so my daughter said "Mom can I get my cartilage pierced, Phone call to daddy, Of course hubby said Hellz No! So how did we end up getting her navel pierced (daddy don't know) and the younger one now sports a magnetic earring! My kids are a trip! But, on the up and up I passed one of my labs with a B Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 22nd June 2010, 12:42 am

LadyMika wrote:Been a little while. Just a quick update before I go to bed tonight; I have work-study in the morning at 10am.

Gypsy is growing, but I find myself a little impatient. Not really with the shrinkage; that's just a part of life until she starts to really grow and then fall after a while. (About the 8 month mark.) I'm just impatient with...well, the GROWTH. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_neutral Not a rushing, "hurry the hell up" impatience, but the "why isn't my hair LONGER" kind of impatience. It doesn't help that my hands have been IN MY HAIR the last few days. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_redface Which is why I put the braids in to begin with. But since SOMEONE *gives Gypsy the stink face* wants to be difficult, I have to wait. I mean, I know the length will come but I just feel like I'm missing a couple of inches. This is probably because of the length I had when I BC'd the very first time. I was 6 months post relaxer and wearing puffs less than two months later after the BC.

But I know for sure it's because the barber I went to--despite doing a good job--cut off MORE than I was expecting him to. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_pale Lesson learned: stay away from barbers when you need a trim.

At any rate.

Tuesdays would usually be my Wash Day, but I'm moving it to Wednesday because I'll be too busy on Tuesdays for the next two months. Wednesday will be the usual cleanse, DC and style. Length check at the end of the month.

And that's about it for now. I'll try to give a more robust update (even though my life isn't THAT interesting Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_razz ) later on in the week.

Good night everyone!
Stop giving Gypsy the stinky face! your hair is awesome! I bet you are going to have crazy growth in the Winter Smile
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 22nd June 2010, 10:19 am

Hey Lady!

Just dropping by to see how things are going. How long did you keep your braids in?
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd June 2010, 11:42 am

Any new mixes?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 23rd June 2010, 11:43 am

MellowOne wrote:Hey Lady!

Just dropping by to see how things are going. How long did you keep your braids in?

Not as long as I wanted to. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_sad SOMEONE *gives Gypsy the stink face* decided they didn't want braids so I took them out after the first wash. She was too short to hold the braids at the back and sides anyway, so it's back to TWA status for now.

But how have you been?? You were gone a while! Everything okay?
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 23rd June 2010, 11:51 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Any new mixes?

Just the shea-mango-aloe mix, and the aloe grow spray for now. I've been thinking about something with hemp seed oil though. LOVE that stuff. Still trying to research that BlackOnyx growth oil--I'm guessing the essential oils in the aloe grow (sage, eucaplyptus, peppermint) MAY be a part of the growth oil. As well as other essential oils used to influence growth. The carrier oils, I could take a guess at (hemp seed, castor, jojoba). Hopefully I'll come up with something soon. Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 23rd June 2010, 11:51 am

Curly_Aquarius wrote:
LadyMika wrote:Been a little while. Just a quick update before I go to bed tonight; I have work-study in the morning at 10am.

At any rate.

Good night everyone!
Stop giving Gypsy the stinky face! your hair is awesome! I bet you are going to have crazy growth in the Winter Smile

For all the trouble she's giving me, I HOPE SO!! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_lol
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 23rd June 2010, 11:54 am

Curly_Aquarius wrote:Mika, I am tired, that older boy had a birthday party from Fri-Today and he is only 10 he got his ear pierced and so my daughter said "Mom can I get my cartilage pierced, Phone call to daddy, Of course hubby said Hellz No! So how did we end up getting her navel pierced (daddy don't know) and the younger one now sports a magnetic earring! My kids are a trip! But, on the up and up I passed one of my labs with a B Very Happy

Well, Daddy can find out when she's 18. Cuz then she'll be an ADULT, and you can say "well, she's GROWN so she can do what she wants!". Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_lol (Ignore me, I'm bad like that.)

Congrats on the grade! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_biggrin Keep up the good work!
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 23rd June 2010, 1:13 pm

LadyMika wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:Mika, I am tired, that older boy had a birthday party from Fri-Today and he is only 10 he got his ear pierced and so my daughter said "Mom can I get my cartilage pierced, Phone call to daddy, Of course hubby said Hellz No! So how did we end up getting her navel pierced (daddy don't know) and the younger one now sports a magnetic earring! My kids are a trip! But, on the up and up I passed one of my labs with a B Very Happy

Well, Daddy can find out when she's 18. Cuz then she'll be an ADULT, and you can say "well, she's GROWN so she can do what she wants!". Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_lol (Ignore me, I'm bad like that.)

Congrats on the grade! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_biggrin Keep up the good work!
I girl that is exactly my plan she will tell him at 18 and I am of the hook Laughing Girl I'm trying to fight the good fight, it gets challenging. Rolling Eyes
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 23rd June 2010, 1:14 pm

LadyMika wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:

At any rate.

Good night everyone!

For all the trouble she's giving me, I HOPE SO!! Lady Mika--The Locs Start HERE. (lol) Leaving the interwebs for a while. - Page 11 Icon_lol
Laughing
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next