CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

+57
Kea::curls
FemmeFox
CurlyChefRobin
j. kinky
Sebastain13
misskris
Treece
PaganWifey
naturallynola
cyclingchick
Renny
Deva_87
thetiffany
BlondeByDesire
mverde3
bholmes87
freckledmom4
curly-me-naturally
missmoriah
TheRYL1
WhosThatRedHead
MomnWife
nattyblog
swoodward
QuietButterfly
mstokes2008
Muz
Intelligentbeauty
LaToya28
Neems
priceless
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Curly_Aquarius
ChrsLvsBks
Janet36603
LadyMika
iri9109
Mz. CiCi
GodsNaturalBeauti
naturalchic
Nikcoils
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
CocoEuro
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
61 posters

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 25 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by jlowman1 24th January 2011, 2:40 pm

priceless wrote:ok So i did not catch sally's before they closed so i will get it as soon as i get a chance and give mt review on the tangle teezer. I also did not like the jane carter curl define cream the smell didn't sit with me either. I did not purchase that one of mt friends didn't like it and asked for me to try it.

Okay & that Curl Cream was just a waste of my money. I was going to pull it back out and try on a braidout or something and totally shoved it to the back and forgot about it lol

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey JLow!

Wow...your straight hair looks great!!!

I keep hearing about this tangle teezer...hmmmm, may just have to check it out. Very Happy

Thanks RYL1! Definitely give it a go, you wont regret it! Very Happy

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good review on tangle teezer - as of right now, my detangling comb works very well.

But I will take a look at it when I'm in Sally's again ...

Thanks BBD! I had been looking for something else, my Denman and wide tooth comb just were ripping too much hair out.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 25 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th January 2011, 4:27 pm

jlowman1 wrote:Y'all I had typed out a long drawn out review for this thing and my doggone cpu went back a page and when I tried to go forward, it deleted my words... UGH!

So I'll just quickly say, GO GET A TANGLE TWEEZER ASAP! Your detangling sessions will never be the same. Try them on your little ones, I can guarantee you won't hear a word! This thing glides soooo smoothly through the hair. In the crown of my head, I have really really tight 4a coils. Detangling this section alone takes me at least 20 minutes, 30 for my whole head. When I tell you it only took me all of 5 minutes to detangle. If I'm lying, I'm flying y'all! My Denman will be getting a spot in the BACK of my cabinet.

Price: $9.99 at Sally Beauty Supply, $9.49 with a Sally Beauty Club Card

I just told CrissyQ about this Saturday, and I was so busy wig shopping I forgot to go to Sally's and get mine!! But I'm so going to get one before this week is out. I've been seeing great reviews on this!!

As always you give great reviews!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 24th January 2011, 4:28 pm

Okay Jlow I went back and purchased this used it today and I love it! I'm about to do a review on this also. I'm glad I say your review because I was really hesitant about using this.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 24th January 2011, 5:23 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:Y'all I had typed out a long drawn out review for this thing and my doggone cpu went back a page and when I tried to go forward, it deleted my words... UGH!

So I'll just quickly say, GO GET A TANGLE TWEEZER ASAP! Your detangling sessions will never be the same. Try them on your little ones, I can guarantee you won't hear a word! This thing glides soooo smoothly through the hair. In the crown of my head, I have really really tight 4a coils. Detangling this section alone takes me at least 20 minutes, 30 for my whole head. When I tell you it only took me all of 5 minutes to detangle. If I'm lying, I'm flying y'all! My Denman will be getting a spot in the BACK of my cabinet.

Price: $9.99 at Sally Beauty Supply, $9.49 with a Sally Beauty Club Card

I just told CrissyQ about this Saturday, and I was so busy wig shopping I forgot to go to Sally's and get mine!! But I'm so going to get one before this week is out. I've been seeing great reviews on this!!

As always you give great reviews!!!

Thanks KNH! It's an amazing little tool, I hope you love it as much as I do!

krazy coils wrote:Okay Jlow I went back and purchased this used it today and I love it! I'm about to do a review on this also. I'm glad I say your review because I was really hesitant about using this.

Yayyyy, so glad you liked it! I just read your review, very thorough. The purple one was out of stock when I got mine. I'll be eyeing it for a backup.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 24th January 2011, 6:05 pm

Hey Jlow! Girl, your hair is SOOOO long! I missed the pics you posted earlier this month and boy did I miss out! I mean, just gorgeous! I could go on and on but I think everyone has already covered everything I would have said.

Thanks for your review on the teezer too! I think I'm going to grab one on my way home. I usually use my ouidad comb but lately it seems that it isn't working as well. Gotta try the TT!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 24th January 2011, 6:15 pm

Hey Jlow!

Thanks for the review!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 24th January 2011, 7:05 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Jlow! Girl, your hair is SOOOO long! I missed the pics you posted earlier this month and boy did I miss out! I mean, just gorgeous! I could go on and on but I think everyone has already covered everything I would have said.

Thanks for your review on the teezer too! I think I'm going to grab one on my way home. I usually use my ouidad comb but lately it seems that it isn't working as well. Gotta try the TT!

Thanks so much PS! Definitely let me know how it works for you!

FemmeFox wrote:Hey Jlow!

Thanks for the review!

Anytime FemmeFox! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th January 2011, 1:50 pm

Hey JLow...

Just drop in to see what you got going on over here!!! Anything new we need to know about...LOL

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 25th January 2011, 5:44 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey JLow...

Just drop in to see what you got going on over here!!! Anything new we need to know about...LOL

TTYL

Hehehe... so silly! I will be doing a review on Oyin's Hair Dew soon, probably like end of this week...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th January 2011, 8:55 pm

Oooh...I want to know about that hair dew! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 26th January 2011, 5:16 pm

Hi J Low,
You always do such great reviews! So now I know I need to get my hands on a Tangle Teaser-lol! I can't wait to hear about the Hair Dew. I'm glad that all your hair reverted.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 28th January 2011, 7:44 pm

Hey JLow

Just went back a few pages and saw your straightened hair, gorgeous and so long!!! Love the color too.

Have a good weekend!

ps<--- thanks in part to your review I am going to pick up a Tangle Teezer soon!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th January 2011, 12:09 pm

Hey JLo,
I really enjoyed your article. Made me think of my regi since I too color my hair. You gave great advice and tips on preserving the hair but also enjoying color.

Your straight hair pics are gorgeous and those layers look fabulous.

Got me a tangle teezer too. I couldn't resist with all of the talk and excitement about it. I don't have nearly as much hair as most of you all who I have read have been using the Tangle Teezer but I started thinking I could use it ocassionally to go through my hair, which I rarely if ever detangle. I had to search high and low to get one. Every store I called was out except for one. The one store that did have it was near the site of a bank robbery that was on TV earlier today...go figure. So my sister and I were out and about and I went and got it anyway. Only 3 left but I got mine. woot! Great review on it.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 29th January 2011, 4:31 pm

Hi JLo! Not sure if u remember this (esp since you deleted it) but u were actually one of my first fotki friends waaaay back when u first BC'd. i saw ur name on the thread & just had to stop by, you've had some great growth since then! i'm playing catch-up on your hair & my jaw ::dropped:: looking @ your straight hair pics, your layers look absolutely perfect! i still haven't straightened since the BC, but when i do i'm coming to you for tips Smile P.S. glad u didn't have any heat damage & i co-sign on the Tangle Teezer.

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th January 2011, 6:31 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Oooh...I want to know about that hair dew! LOL

Coming soon! Its good stuff!

freckledmom4 wrote:Hi J Low,
You always do such great reviews! So now I know I need to get my hands on a Tangle Teaser-lol! I can't wait to hear about the Hair Dew. I'm glad that all your hair reverted.

Thanks freckledmom! Definitely try it out, you'll love it & Hair Dew review will be here soon!

FemmeFox wrote:Hey JLow

Just went back a few pages and saw your straightened hair, gorgeous and so long!!! Love the color too.

Have a good weekend!

ps<--- thanks in part to your review I am going to pick up a Tangle Teezer soon!

Thanks so much FF! I hate to be an enabler but that thing is amazing! Very Happy

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey JLo,
I really enjoyed your article. Made me think of my regi since I too color my hair. You gave great advice and tips on preserving the hair but also enjoying color.

Your straight hair pics are gorgeous and those layers look fabulous.

Got me a tangle teezer too. I couldn't resist with all of the talk and excitement about it. I don't have nearly as much hair as most of you all who I have read have been using the Tangle Teezer but I started thinking I could use it ocassionally to go through my hair, which I rarely if ever detangle. I had to search high and low to get one. Every store I called was out except for one. The one store that did have it was near the site of a bank robbery that was on TV earlier today...go figure. So my sister and I were out and about and I went and got it anyway. Only 3 left but I got mine. woot! Great review on it.

Thanks Dva! So glad you enjoyed my article. It took me awhile to write it, there was so much more I wanted to say but I was trying to keep it short and easy to understand. If you cant use your TT for detangling, I'd def give it a go for curl definition. I wish I had it when my hair was shorter. I wanted to go get another for a backup.

Kea wrote:Hi JLo! Not sure if u remember this (esp since you deleted it) but u were actually one of my first fotki friends waaaay back when u first BC'd. i saw ur name on the thread & just had to stop by, you've had some great growth since then! i'm playing catch-up on your hair & my jaw ::dropped:: looking @ your straight hair pics, your layers look absolutely perfect! i still haven't straightened since the BC, but when i do i'm coming to you for tips Smile P.S. glad u didn't have any heat damage & i co-sign on the Tangle Teezer.

OMG hey Kea! Where have you been girl? Thanks so much for the compliment! As soon as I saw this, I ran to your Fotki (I deleted mine awhile ago and just started it back up today). Your hair is still gorgeous. I cant wait to see when you straighten it!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th January 2011, 8:27 pm

Oyin Handmade's Hair Dew

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 25 Oyin10

Price: 8oz= $12, 16oz=$19

Ingredients: purified water, castor oil, olive oil, organic aloe vera gel, behentrimonium methosulfate (emulsifier), coconut oil, olive squalane, optiphen (preservative), cetyl alcohol, and love!

My Thoughts: Awesome ingredients (as always with Oyin). The scent is very sweet and Im not a fan of sweet smells but this is bearable. You kinda get used to it after awhile. The consistency is that of a hair lotion/milk, creamy and not watery. I used this on conditioned and detangled wet hair. It gave me a very defined twistout, almost a little too defined lol My hair stayed moisturized for about three days before I added a little more and spritzed a little Juices & Berries on top. I also used this on dry hair last night in preparation for a twistout today. Can you say AMAZING! My hair is moisturized, fluffy and extremely soft. This is my best twistout ever.

Here are the pics:
jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 25 Dry_tw10
jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 25 Dry_tw11
jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 25 Dry_tw12

Final Thoughts: Love this stuff. I would definitely recommend this. Sorry if I'm enabling the product junkies geek but this is a really good product if you are looking for a good moisturizer. I give it 2 thumbs up (or arms) cheers lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th January 2011, 10:13 pm

Work it! I love the new AVI!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th January 2011, 10:57 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Work it! I love the new AVI!!

Thanks Sweet! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 30th January 2011, 11:40 pm

Hair is banging! You look fabulous...thanks for the review...and future deduction in my bank account. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 31st January 2011, 1:16 am

cyclingchick wrote:Hair is banging! You look fabulous...thanks for the review...and future deduction in my bank account. LOL

Thanks CC! Sorry about that... Hehehe flower
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 31st January 2011, 1:21 am

Love it! Great results and review!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 31st January 2011, 3:08 am

poeticlyspkng wrote:Love it! Great results and review!

Thanks PS! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st January 2011, 9:07 am

wow, your hair looks awesome!!! cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st January 2011, 9:33 am

Okay you know I think you give the best reviews!! However, I'm was so trying not to buy this stuff, but if you say it is awesome then that's it...I'm buying today!! : lol!

Your avatar is HOT, and I agree that this is a pretty awesome twist out!!!

Thanks again for another great product review!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 31st January 2011, 2:25 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:wow, your hair looks awesome!!! cheers

Thanks IB! I love your avi. Yellow is definitely your color! Very Happy

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Okay you know I think you give the best reviews!! However, I'm was so trying not to buy this stuff, but if you say it is awesome then that's it...I'm buying today!! : lol!

Your avatar is HOT, and I agree that this is a pretty awesome twist out!!!

Thanks again for another great product review!!!!

Aww thanks KNH! & Im sooooo sorry lol! In an attempt to pay off credit card debt, I was like I really wanna try Oyin so that was the last thing I bought before I cut those suckers up! lol Let me know how you like it!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next