CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

+57
Kea::curls
FemmeFox
CurlyChefRobin
j. kinky
Sebastain13
misskris
Treece
PaganWifey
naturallynola
cyclingchick
Renny
Deva_87
thetiffany
BlondeByDesire
mverde3
bholmes87
freckledmom4
curly-me-naturally
missmoriah
TheRYL1
WhosThatRedHead
MomnWife
nattyblog
swoodward
QuietButterfly
mstokes2008
Muz
Intelligentbeauty
LaToya28
Neems
priceless
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Curly_Aquarius
ChrsLvsBks
Janet36603
LadyMika
iri9109
Mz. CiCi
GodsNaturalBeauti
naturalchic
Nikcoils
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
CocoEuro
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
61 posters

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 26 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by FemmeFox 1st February 2011, 6:21 pm

Hi JLow!

Loving your avi. That is an amazing twist out!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 26 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by TheRYL1 1st February 2011, 6:29 pm

Hey JLow!

OK...I like Oyin...I've just been waiting to see what this Dew was all about before I ordered again! OK...I'm easy...I'mma get some! LOL

Lookin' good, woman!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 1st February 2011, 6:36 pm

hey thanks for the review. i just bought the burnt sugar pmade (I think thats what it is called) I cant wait to get this product.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 1st February 2011, 6:46 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Hi JLow!

Loving your avi. That is an amazing twist out!

Thanks FemmeFox! Very Happy I really took my time taking it down and I love the results of my patience lol

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey JLow!

OK...I like Oyin...I've just been waiting to see what this Dew was all about before I ordered again! OK...I'm easy...I'mma get some! LOL

Lookin' good, woman!

Thanks RYL! DO THE DEW! Hehehehe, its good stuff! Sorry for bringing that pj out... Razz

CrissyQ wrote:hey thanks for the review. i just bought the burnt sugar pmade (I think thats what it is called) I cant wait to get this product.

Hey Crissy! I was gonna get the BSP in a sample but then I remembered I just got a pomade from Hairveda plus I wasn't sure I'd like the smell. Not a fan of things that have a vanilla smell. Let me know how you like it!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 4th February 2011, 6:15 pm

You guys I am really really itching to dye my hair again. I want to go jet black this time and get blonde highlights throughout... I have a mental picture of what I think it would look like. I think it would look kinda cool but the maintenance seems like it would be difficult. My natural hair is dark brown so I would upkeep with a black rinse but I'd have to section off the blonde to make sure I dont cover them... What do you guys think?
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 5th February 2011, 3:24 am

I love the straight hair and the twist out. Keep up the good work!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th February 2011, 3:31 am

Jet black with blonde highlights. Interesting, no suggestions; however, let us know how that turns out. I can't wait to see!!

You are always trying something different, and I love it!!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th February 2011, 5:33 am

I love jet black hair. I think it is just classic, imo. But the blond highlight maintance with the black rinses in between seems like a pain in the neck.

Anyway, can't wait to see whatever you decide. bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 5th February 2011, 11:33 am

one plus of black hai = is more sheen/shine Smile as far as the highlights, i think it just depends on how much extra effort you're wanting to put in & if you're up for it, i doubt anyone can pull it off as well as you! the article about hair color was great & you know your hair better than anyone else~

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 5th February 2011, 3:08 pm

SheeTacular wrote:I love the straight hair and the twist out. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Shee! Very Happy

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Jet black with blonde highlights. Interesting, no suggestions; however, let us know how that turns out. I can't wait to see!!

You are always trying something different, and I love it!!!!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:I love jet black hair. I think it is just classic, imo. But the blond highlight maintance with the black rinses in between seems like a pain in the neck.

Anyway, can't wait to see whatever you decide. bounce

Kea wrote:one plus of black hai = is more sheen/shine Smile as far as the highlights, i think it just depends on how much extra effort you're wanting to put in & if you're up for it, i doubt anyone can pull it off as well as you! the article about hair color was great & you know your hair better than anyone else~

study Im so wishy washy when it comes to my color. I wanna try everything lol! I'd love to do it but I think the maintenance would just be ridiculous. I'm gonna hold off a couple more months and see what I wanna do. I don't wanna jump into it with the black because I'd pretty much have to stick with it until it grew out which would take forever. Thanks for your suggestions ladies, I really appreciate it! flower
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 8th February 2011, 6:07 pm

Ack! I'm too late to weigh in!! I'm like you Jlow in that I love to color my hair but am not so into maintenance. The style seems like a lot of upkeep. Right now I get my color touched up every 3 months and I'm lazy about making appt's lol. Can't wait to see what you do next!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th February 2011, 6:51 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Ack! I'm too late to weigh in!! I'm like you Jlow in that I love to color my hair but am not so into maintenance. The style seems like a lot of upkeep. Right now I get my color touched up every 3 months and I'm lazy about making appt's lol. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Your not too late Femme! The verdict is still out. Im gonna give it some time to really think about it. I need to get mine touched up but Im loving the growing out look.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th February 2011, 2:02 am

Hello all!

Silk Elements has come out with their comparable line to Mixed Chicks, its called Mixed Silk. There is a leave-in, a shampoo and a deep conditioner. They are all regular priced $7.99 but they are on sale at Sally's right now for $5.99...

I bought the shampoo. They were out of the leave in. Evidently it's really popular because its out of stock instore and online. I'm gonna try to pick up the dc and the leave in the next couple weeks, hopefully. I'll post the shampoo review soon so keep on the lookout for that in the next week or so...

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Last edited by jlowman1 on 15th February 2011, 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 18th February 2011, 9:53 pm

Mixed Silk? That name sounds funny because...well silk is a fabric so technically its all from a combination of different "mixed" strands. lol. but anyways, i might have to check out the ingredients on the DC b/c the mixed chicks DC is the only part of that product line that works for me, but let me say that it :: WORKS :: Plus, even at the regular price, its already cheaper...

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 19th February 2011, 1:27 pm

Kea::curls wrote:Mixed Silk? That name sounds funny because...well silk is a fabric so technically its all from a combination of different "mixed" strands. lol. but anyways, i might have to check out the ingredients on the DC b/c the mixed chicks DC is the only part of that product line that works for me, but let me say that it :: WORKS :: Plus, even at the regular price, its already cheaper...

After I read it, I was like that sounds familiar. Well Mixed Chicks has a product called Hair Silk lol its some kind of serum type deal. I'm gonna go back and get the DC next week, even though I don't need it Razz The leave in is what I really want, but I cant find it anywhere.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 6:23 am

Just saying hello. Can't wait to see your review of the Mixed Silk.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st February 2011, 7:10 pm

Hey Jlow...

I thought about you when I was in Wal-Mart early Sunday morning. I say the InStyler and now I'm trying to decided between that and the Maxi Glide. I am starting to get the itch to straighten after my twist challenge ends in March. I stood there for about 25 minutes holding that thing....so needless to say I didn't get it!! LOL

So another product reveiw coming??? I can't wait. So what did you decided to do about coloring your hair?

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th February 2011, 12:35 pm

Love the Avi!! I am getting sea sick! lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 24th February 2011, 12:46 pm

YESSS!!! That avi is siiicccckkkk!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 24th February 2011, 3:32 pm

@KHN: I didnt color it...YET! lol I'm still undecided on what I wanna do.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love the Avi!! I am getting sea sick! lol!

Juices-n-Berries wrote:YESSS!!! That avi is siiicccckkkk!

Y'all are so silly, Thanks much you guys! I love you
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 25th February 2011, 12:21 am

Yes, JLow, the waves are poppin'. I love the new avi girl. I'll have to live vicarioulsy through you since I'm locking my pj up for a while. Can't wait to see what you decide about the color.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th February 2011, 3:11 am

ooooooh girl i peeped the avi n lovin the waves!!! i feel u on the color thing cuz i know im so indecisive myself but i do love some jet black! its so regal n classy, u can never go wrong wit the black but i hate that black n red are the hardest dmn colors to get rid of Mad

the thing about that silk elements or mixed silk..whatever that knock off azz mixed chicks products are...dmn chinese people dippin in and gettin in on the natural-ness so now they doin bootlegged products to cash in on our money! Evil or Very Mad i will NOT support they azzez. next thing u know they'll do their own version of Carol's Daughter n call it Cawol's Dotter Neutral thats why i take pride in supportin my peeps with black owned businesses!

however...one thing i will support is ur review Cool
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 25th February 2011, 2:52 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Yes, JLow, the waves are poppin'. I love the new avi girl. I'll have to live vicarioulsy through you since I'm locking my pj up for a while. Can't wait to see what you decide about the color.

Thanks freckledmom! Very Happy

NubieNatty wrote:ooooooh girl i peeped the avi n lovin the waves!!! i feel u on the color thing cuz i know im so indecisive myself but i do love some jet black! its so regal n classy, u can never go wrong wit the black but i hate that black n red are the hardest dmn colors to get rid of Mad

the thing about that silk elements or mixed silk..whatever that knock off azz mixed chicks products are...dmn chinese people dippin in and gettin in on the natural-ness so now they doin bootlegged products to cash in on our money! Evil or Very Mad i will NOT support they azzez. next thing u know they'll do their own version of Carol's Daughter n call it Cawol's Dotter Neutral thats why i take pride in supportin my peeps with black owned businesses!

however...one thing i will support is ur review Cool

You are so right about it being hard to get rid of, It's either grow it out or cut it on off. lmbo @ cawol's dotter!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 27th February 2011, 4:19 pm

beautiful avi !!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 27th February 2011, 9:55 pm

Kea::curls wrote:beautiful avi !!! cheers

Thanks Kea! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next