CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping it short . . .

+5
BajanPrincess82
Nali1987
Kea::curls
Fleur
yldthng
9 posters

Go down

Keeping it short . . .  Empty Keeping it short . . .

Post by yldthng 11th February 2011, 11:22 pm

I've noticed that so much of the natural hair experience is about gaining length. Length doesn't really interest me. I've had my years with crazy long hair, but I prefer my hair shorter. I doubt that I'll grow my hair out more than a few inches (at least for a while).

Are there any other short-hair ladies?
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Keeping it short . . .  Empty Re: Keeping it short . . .

Post by Fleur 12th February 2011, 12:05 am

I don't mind short. I've worn my hair long and short from my teens up until today. My early 20's is the last time I had really long hair and I don't miss it. My big chop was the shortest I've worn my hair in my life, but I wasn't scared to do it one bit. Now do I want my hair to grow more than it is now? Yes. I'll be happy with shoulder length hair. I have a fast-paced job and lifestyle, so I want to be practical and quick when it comes to hair care. The day I pull my hair into a ponytail will be a joyous occasion. My fotki will have the most uninspiring hair pictures ever, lol.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 13th February 2011, 8:30 pm

i'm currently just letting my hair grow out, but prior to going natural i maintained a short cut for a couple of years & i adored it!!! i also know that once it gets past a certain point (or when i get to a certain age) that i no longer want to put in the effort to detangle...i will be ready to grab the scissors & enjoy a short crop again Smile I was very happy with my BC length!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 13th February 2011, 8:32 pm

I'm not. But I have a friend who is. And she looks gorgeous!! Long hair (or curly) actually doesn't fit everyone's face.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 13th February 2011, 9:42 pm

My mom has been rocking a twa for about 8 or 9 years now. She's trying to grow it out now...but I think she'll cut it off once she realizes how much more effort she'll have to put in it. She's a true wash-and-go type of woman! lol
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 13th February 2011, 10:38 pm

I have never had short hair , when my real hair started breaking off i wore weaves , wigs , braids and so on i have a few short style wigs they look decent but i have a oval face i like hair long enough to at least frame my face , so no TWA for me unless i HAD 2 but i admire the women that can pull it off and still look fierce
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 14th February 2011, 12:04 am

I am very much into short hairstyles. First I thought i wanted SLH, but now I'm not so sure. I might just rock a TWA.
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 14th February 2011, 4:33 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:My mom has been rocking a twa for about 8 or 9 years now. She's trying to grow it out now...but I think she'll cut it off once she realizes how much more effort she'll have to put in it. She's a true wash-and-go type of woman! lol

And that is part of the reason I don't wanna deal with length on natural hair. My 16 YO is natural and her hair is at her butt. It was one of the happiest days of my life when she decided she wanted to do her own hair at 12 (insert back-flipping smiley here). Plus, I think back to my high school days and all that unrelaxed hair - not really something I want to revisit. LOL.

But, we'll see. My intention is to keep rocking it short.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 15th February 2011, 5:06 pm

Ladies:
I f you all get a chance, and haven't done it all ready, check our fleur's Fotki!

@fleur -
Girl! You have SOME killer photos of your curls ... I'm digging month 2-3 myself.

2 more month, NeeC1 ... 2 more months!! Very Happy
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 15th February 2011, 5:21 pm

Check out Sweetdrk1's Curl Street Journal. She prefers her hair short & has some great photos. She also does a great job with her makeup.

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/t8689-welcome-to-sasha-s-world

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down