CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

+57
Kea::curls
FemmeFox
CurlyChefRobin
j. kinky
Sebastain13
misskris
Treece
PaganWifey
naturallynola
cyclingchick
Renny
Deva_87
thetiffany
BlondeByDesire
mverde3
bholmes87
freckledmom4
curly-me-naturally
missmoriah
TheRYL1
WhosThatRedHead
MomnWife
nattyblog
swoodward
QuietButterfly
mstokes2008
Muz
Intelligentbeauty
LaToya28
Neems
priceless
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Curly_Aquarius
ChrsLvsBks
Janet36603
LadyMika
iri9109
Mz. CiCi
GodsNaturalBeauti
naturalchic
Nikcoils
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
CocoEuro
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
SheeTacular
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
61 posters

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 24 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by j. kinky 9th January 2011, 4:46 am

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....NICE.....NICE....NICE.

Love ur color girl....what color is that
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 24 Empty Re: jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =)

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 8:11 am

Good Early Morning JLow...

Your straight hair is Beautiful!!! WOW you have a lot of length..I didn't realize that you hair was THAT long!!!

You can really see your color, and it is so shinny!!!

I like it!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 9th January 2011, 10:04 am

Love the straight hair!!! It's so pretty! I have yet to use my instyler, you're inspiring me to just do it especially for as much as it cost lol

How long did it take you?
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th January 2011, 11:01 am

Your straight hair pics are gorgeous! I love the color and the layers in your hair. Did you have them cut into your hair? Also I'm going to have to research the Instyler, I've heard good reviews on it.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2011, 2:56 pm

Your hair looks amazing!! Love the color and the layers (my hair grows in layers too).

Shocked Shocked Shocked @ not using a heat protectant.

What temperature does your instyler go up to?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th January 2011, 4:29 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:absolutely FAB!!! I love the layers!! Work it! The regi sounds solid! Keep up the great work!

Thanks Sweet! Very Happy

j. kinky wrote:ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....NICE.....NICE....NICE.

Love ur color girl....what color is that

Thank ya ma'am! The color is Dark and Lovely's Chestnut Blonde...

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Good Early Morning JLow...

Your straight hair is Beautiful!!! WOW you have a lot of length..I didn't realize that you hair was THAT long!!!

You can really see your color, and it is so shinny!!!

I like it!!!

Hey KNH! Thanks, I didnt realize it either. I had to look like is that all mine? Shocked Wow! Its actually longer than it was when I did my big chop a year ago.

mstokes2008 wrote:Love the straight hair!!! It's so pretty! I have yet to use my instyler, you're inspiring me to just do it especially for as much as it cost lol

How long did it take you?

Thank you mstokes! Girl as much as that thing cost you betta use it! Laughing It took me about an hour. I did really small sections to make sure I got it all straight.

krazy coils wrote:Your straight hair pics are gorgeous! I love the color and the layers in your hair. Did you have them cut into your hair? Also I'm going to have to research the Instyler, I've heard good reviews on it.

Thanks KC! I didnt get it cut. I've been snipping off my dead ends. My hair has always grown in layers though, even when I was relaxed. You should def try the Instyler. It gives my hair body that I never got with a flat iron.

Lynnieluve wrote:Your hair looks amazing!! Love the color and the layers (my hair grows in layers too).

Shocked Shocked Shocked @ not using a heat protectant.

What temperature does your instyler go up to?

Thanks Lynnie! EEEEEEKKKK affraid, I know about the heat protectant. I put a little Giovanni Direct and Coconut Oil on prior to blowdrying so hopefully it'll revert back. I made sure to only make one pass on each section and I think it goes up to about 400-ish.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 20th January 2011, 10:43 pm

Just did a sneak move and looked at your pics. The hair is lovely, straight or curly. You have such cute styles. As mine is getting longer I'm going to try some of those!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 20th January 2011, 10:49 pm

CurlyChefRobin wrote:Just did a sneak move and looked at your pics. The hair is lovely, straight or curly. You have such cute styles. As mine is getting longer I'm going to try some of those!

Thanks CurlyC! I cant wait to see your looks!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th January 2011, 11:05 pm

Wow, Your hair is gorgeous-straight or curly! Congrats on your first year natural. You have some great growth!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 21st January 2011, 1:41 am

freckledmom4 wrote:Wow, Your hair is gorgeous-straight or curly! Congrats on your first year natural. You have some great growth!

Thanks so much! Embarassed
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 21st January 2011, 3:51 am

oooooh look at you! dont u love how it just glides down ur back! the color is still goin strong too. have u used anymore color since the first app? i noticed after a while my color dulled out and i didnt care to CARE about usin those poos n condish's to keep the color vibrant silent

great job on the straightening esp to do it urself. if and when i ever straighten again it'll be done by ME!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 21st January 2011, 1:39 pm

NubieNatty wrote:oooooh look at you! dont u love how it just glides down ur back! the color is still goin strong too. have u used anymore color since the first app? i noticed after a while my color dulled out and i didnt care to CARE about usin those poos n condish's to keep the color vibrant silent

great job on the straightening esp to do it urself. if and when i ever straighten again it'll be done by ME!!

I haven't used anymore color since the first time & mine has faded as well. I want to get highlights but I think I'll have to redye it this color first then add the highlights so it wont look weird...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 22nd January 2011, 2:39 am

Y'all I had typed out a long drawn out review for this thing and my doggone cpu went back a page and when I tried to go forward, it deleted my words... UGH!

So I'll just quickly say, GO GET A TANGLE TWEEZER ASAP! Your detangling sessions will never be the same. Try them on your little ones, I can guarantee you won't hear a word! This thing glides soooo smoothly through the hair. In the crown of my head, I have really really tight 4a coils. Detangling this section alone takes me at least 20 minutes, 30 for my whole head. When I tell you it only took me all of 5 minutes to detangle. If I'm lying, I'm flying y'all! My Denman will be getting a spot in the BACK of my cabinet.

Price: $9.99 at Sally Beauty Supply, $9.49 with a Sally Beauty Club Card
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 22nd January 2011, 2:50 am

Hey JLow!!

This review was right on time.....I was thinking about buying a tangle teezer, but after watching several youtube vids I decided it might not work for me, because I didn't see anybody with hair as tightly coiled as mine using it.....I just wasn't convinced. But now I think I'll actually go get one and try it out.....I'll let ya know how it works for me!!!

Thanks girly!!! Very Happy
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 22nd January 2011, 1:45 pm

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey JLow!!

This review was right on time.....I was thinking about buying a tangle teezer, but after watching several youtube vids I decided it might not work for me, because I didn't see anybody with hair as tightly coiled as mine using it.....I just wasn't convinced. But now I think I'll actually go get one and try it out.....I'll let ya know how it works for me!!!

Thanks girly!!! Very Happy

Your welcome QB. Definitely let me know how it works for you. It looks cheaply made and pitiful but dont let the looks fool you. I am in love with this thing!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd January 2011, 2:32 pm

I am glad it works so well....great review!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 22nd January 2011, 4:01 pm

I been on the debate whether or not i was going to get the tangle teezer and then i see your post. As QB said i have not seen anyone on youtube with tightly coiled hair to really get it. I will be passing by a sally's on my way out for the day today so if they have it i may purchase it. Thanks for the review. I also have the instlyer. I have not used the instyler on my natural hair as of yet. I have used it on permed hair and kind of liked it. I have to try it on natural hair some day. I am to scared right now to put heat on my hair due to the heat damage i have done to myself last april. but you live and you learn i will get over it one day.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 22nd January 2011, 6:21 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I am glad it works so well....great review!

Thanks Sweet!

priceless wrote:I been on the debate whether or not i was going to get the tangle teezer and then i see your post. As QB said i have not seen anyone on youtube with tightly coiled hair to really get it. I will be passing by a sally's on my way out for the day today so if they have it i may purchase it. Thanks for the review. I also have the instlyer. I have not used the instyler on my natural hair as of yet. I have used it on permed hair and kind of liked it. I have to try it on natural hair some day. I am to scared right now to put heat on my hair due to the heat damage i have done to myself last april. but you live and you learn i will get over it one day.

Thanks Priceless! Definitely grab one. Best $10 you'll spend for a while lol FYI: In my local Sally's it was on an end cap and not with the rest of the brushes, so it took me a minute to find it. I guess I could have asked but I was so focused on finding it myself that I wasn't even thinking about it lol

I love that thing. I thought I was going to have heat damage since I used it on high and no heat protectant... Ouch but thankfully it all reverted. I wont be doing that again cuz it may not turn out the same next time. lol Be sure to post your results if you use these so I can see how you liked them!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2011, 8:27 pm

I'm still skeptical about using the tangle teezer. After QB and Priceless do a review, then I'll purchase it...LOL!!

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 22nd January 2011, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd January 2011, 10:28 pm

jlowman1 wrote:So yea, here it goes as promised, my review on the Jane Carter Curl Defining Cream...

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 24 Cimg0019
Price: $34, 16 oz

Ingredients: Purified water, Extracts of Anthemis Noblis Flower (Camomile), Symphytum Officinal Leaf (Comfrey), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Urtica Dioca (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) of Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Glycerin, Propanediol, Poly-quaternium-200, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-37, Ceteareth 20, Phen-oxyethanol, Caprylyl, Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance

Site Says: "Eliminate curl shrinkage! Curl Defining Cream is light-weight, all natural product formulated to lengthen and define your natural curl pattern while drying to a soft, shiny, bouncy finish.

Water soluble, Curl Defining Cream washes and dries clean without leaving any film, offering the true luxury of “wash and wear” hair!"

I Say: I went by the instructions. Started with freshly washed and detangled hair, used a little Suave Tropical Coconut as my leave in, started shingling and smoothing the cream in sections then sat under a hooded dryer for 15 mins. It goes on white and creamy but dries clear.This stuff definitely defines my curls. Probably the most defined I have ever seen them. I mean, no frizz, no shine, nothing but defined crunchy curls sitting atop my head. I looked ridiculous. It did NOT lengthen my curls whatsoever. They were just as shrunken as they always are. The smell is terrible. My mom walks in my room and says "Eww, you smell like liniment?" I was expecting the usual citrus smell that accompanies JC products but that is NOT what I got. The consistency is gooey but not sticky. Very weird, almost pudding like but a little thinner. It did not moisturize my hair at all. My hair felt like straw, hay-like, just horrible. I ended up spraying it with JC Leave In, adding HEHH, detangling and placing my hair in braids for a braid out.

This ish right here (in my Katt Williams voice) is NOT the business. A $34 tub of goo! In all I'd give it Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven / Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven ... One because I got $5 bucks off and two because it did define my curls...

I'll probably salvage this by using it as a styling cream for braidouts and twistouts. Save your money ladies, you could find something much better and much cheaper than this.

Idea THOUGHT: I'm thinking this would be more useful for longer haired curlies???
I tried it when I went to a meet up at a local store that sells and allows you to sample the products they sell. I liked it. What I did not like was the smell No .

OMGoodness, I so love how you styled your hair when straight. It was so pretty. Did it revert? I read how you did not use heat protectant.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 23rd January 2011, 12:17 pm

I've been considering buying this also. I've seen some good reviews on it and I think I'm going to purchase it and try it on a section of my hair first before I detangle my entire head. I'm still scared of the teeth in the comb.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 23rd January 2011, 2:23 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I'm still skeptical about using the tangle teezer. After QB and Priceless do a review, then I'll purchase it...LOL!!

I was at first too but Im so glad I went ahead and tried it. I've never been able to detangle the tight coils in the top of my head like I did with the Tangle Teezer!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:So yea, here it goes as promised, my review on the Jane Carter Curl Defining Cream...

jlowman1: SHORT UPDATE 3/18 =) - Page 24 Cimg0019
Price: $34, 16 oz

Ingredients: Purified water, Extracts of Anthemis Noblis Flower (Camomile), Symphytum Officinal Leaf (Comfrey), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Urtica Dioca (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) of Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Glycerin, Propanediol, Poly-quaternium-200, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-37, Ceteareth 20, Phen-oxyethanol, Caprylyl, Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance

Site Says: "Eliminate curl shrinkage! Curl Defining Cream is light-weight, all natural product formulated to lengthen and define your natural curl pattern while drying to a soft, shiny, bouncy finish.

Water soluble, Curl Defining Cream washes and dries clean without leaving any film, offering the true luxury of “wash and wear” hair!"

I Say: I went by the instructions. Started with freshly washed and detangled hair, used a little Suave Tropical Coconut as my leave in, started shingling and smoothing the cream in sections then sat under a hooded dryer for 15 mins. It goes on white and creamy but dries clear.This stuff definitely defines my curls. Probably the most defined I have ever seen them. I mean, no frizz, no shine, nothing but defined crunchy curls sitting atop my head. I looked ridiculous. It did NOT lengthen my curls whatsoever. They were just as shrunken as they always are. The smell is terrible. My mom walks in my room and says "Eww, you smell like liniment?" I was expecting the usual citrus smell that accompanies JC products but that is NOT what I got. The consistency is gooey but not sticky. Very weird, almost pudding like but a little thinner. It did not moisturize my hair at all. My hair felt like straw, hay-like, just horrible. I ended up spraying it with JC Leave In, adding HEHH, detangling and placing my hair in braids for a braid out.

This ish right here (in my Katt Williams voice) is NOT the business. A $34 tub of goo! In all I'd give it Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven / Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven ... One because I got $5 bucks off and two because it did define my curls...

I'll probably salvage this by using it as a styling cream for braidouts and twistouts. Save your money ladies, you could find something much better and much cheaper than this.

Idea THOUGHT: I'm thinking this would be more useful for longer haired curlies???
I tried it when I went to a meet up at a local store that sells and allows you to sample the products they sell. I liked it. What I did not like was the smell No .

OMGoodness, I so love how you styled your hair when straight. It was so pretty. Did it revert? I read how you did not use heat protectant.

Thanks Chrs! The smell of that stuff is so bad. I haven't used it again since that first time. lol & Yep, it reverted right back to its coily/curly self! I will NOT be forgoing a heat protectant the next time. I dont know what I'd do if I got heat damage. pale

krazy coils wrote:I've been considering buying this also. I've seen some good reviews on it and I think I'm going to purchase it and try it on a section of my hair first before I detangle my entire head. I'm still scared of the teeth in the comb.

Dont be scared KC! lol, they don't snag. Just start from the ends to the roots and you'll be fine! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 23rd January 2011, 3:07 pm

ok So i did not catch sally's before they closed so i will get it as soon as i get a chance and give mt review on the tangle teezer. I also did not like the jane carter curl define cream the smell didn't sit with me either. I did not purchase that one of mt friends didn't like it and asked for me to try it.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd January 2011, 3:31 pm

Hey JLow!

Wow...your straight hair looks great!!!

I keep hearing about this tangle teezer...hmmmm, may just have to check it out. Very Happy
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th January 2011, 12:08 pm

Good review on tangle teezer - as of right now, my detangling comb works very well.

But I will take a look at it when I'm in Sally's again ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next