CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all! ;-)

+35
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
TriniCherryPrincess
Umph
WhosThatRedHead
jlowman1
priceless
nattyblog
coilykinks
MellowOne
CrissyQ
Juices-n-Berries
QuietButterfly
Curly_Aquarius
Keisha
Intelligentbeauty
Muz
Nikcoils
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
krazy coils
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
TerraD
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
SisterBoyd
NubieNatty
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
NylaCoils
DvaAuNaturel
Lynnieluve
TheRYL1
39 posters

Page 20 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Go down

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 20 Empty Re: TheRYL1...Hey Y'all! ;-)

Post by krazy coils 19th August 2010, 7:09 am

Don't be scared Ryl (lol)! Love the pic of the flexi rod set.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th August 2010, 7:26 am

Lol no you didn't take a pic if the co-worker!!! Love the hair nut!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 19th August 2010, 9:13 am

Hey RYL love the rod set and twistout cute
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 19th August 2010, 11:56 am

Your hair looks amazing! I know you're happy even at 99%!

I saw your post in whatgetsonmytits thread and I was like...Oh yeah!! She's BAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!! LOL!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th August 2010, 12:20 pm

Hey Ryl! How you doing? Loving the pics you posted! Your twist out is fab! You have the hang I want but I mine refuse. No matter how long it gets- we stand up!

And the stories! Why did you take a picture of that woman?? LOL! That's the kind of stuff I do. I tried to take a picture of a brotha smoking a pipe in his car yesterday. Totally random but I wanted to do it! Smile
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th August 2010, 1:23 pm

krazy coils wrote:Don't be scared Ryl (lol)! Love the pic of the flexi rod set.
OK, KC this weekend, I'm determined to have me a new style. I like your's in your avi...I gotta look at it closer! LOL

sweetdrk1 wrote:Lol no you didn't take a pic if the co-worker!!! Love the hair nut!
I had to take the pic, Sweet...it was just incredible to see, for real! LMAO

MellowOne wrote:Hey RYL love the rod set and twistout cute
Thank you very much Mellow One!

nattyblog wrote:Your hair looks amazing! I know you're happy even at 99%!

I saw your post in whatgetsonmytits thread and I was like...Oh yeah!! She's BAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!! LOL!
Hey NattyB! Yes, I'm back and I do feel better. And I HAD to ask about that screen name! LOL

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Ryl! How you doing? Loving the pics you posted! Your twist out is fab! You have the hang I want but I mine refuse. No matter how long it gets- we stand up!

And the stories! Why did you take a picture of that woman?? LOL! That's the kind of stuff I do. I tried to take a picture of a brotha smoking a pipe in his car yesterday. Totally random but I wanted to do it! Smile

Hey Poetic! That's funny...I want my hair to stand up so bad and it lays down. It stands up after 2-3 days and I have to pick at it, then it's fuzzy...aaargh! WHATEVER...I've decided to roll with it, however it comes!

Now, as for the pic, I took it because it was such a long, kinda-blonde, MATTED thing on this woman's head Suspect ...I instantly thought of my Curly Friends when I saw her! I couldn't help it..."it was callin' me Scotty" (Black Movie trivia...which movie did this line come from? hahaha Too easy!)

OK...on Day 3 of my twist out! No complaints...and it's kinda standing up! I just took off the bonnet, used the Curls Lavish Moisturizer, shook it and was out the door! I love my hair!! run

Have a wonderful day, y'all!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th August 2010, 7:16 pm

Hey Girl...

Love, Love, Love your flex rod set style...it's too cute on you. I like your twist out...Penny doesn't stand up either! I wonder why? Oh well.....

You know you are just a bad as I am. I took a picture of this chick in the locker room the one that called me Macy Gray...remember. I just didn't have the never to post it...LOL

Glad you are back...I'm trying to get there!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 19th August 2010, 7:52 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:OK...I took this picture for y'all! LOL It's a pic of a woman at work...I couldn't help it...I wish I had a better one so y'all could really see...but, I was sneakin' anyway, so...don't tell nobody!

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 20 Photo_69
I know...I aint right! dance

Weave-a-licious!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 19th August 2010, 10:48 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:OK...I took this picture for y'all! LOL It's a pic of a woman at work...I couldn't help it...I wish I had a better one so y'all could really see...but, I was sneakin' anyway, so...don't tell nobody!

What is that on her head?? Is her hair separated? Suspect
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 20th August 2010, 1:27 pm

HEY RY1!

Just wanted to tell you Curlformers are 15% off on naturally curly dot com. :runs out of thread:
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 20th August 2010, 2:23 pm

Hey Ladies!

It is F-R-I-D-A-Y! run I am so thankful to have made it through this week! :-)

Hair News:

My hair just hasn't been feeling right, ya know? I sat and thought about it and you know what I figured? I NEED TO WASH IT! Hot Damn...who woulda thunk it!!! LMAO I realized I've been co-washing and have used no shampoo since June (I think that's about right). I usually wash every two weeks, co-washing in between. But, lately, I've just been co-washing only, and shampooing when I henna. (And I think I needed to add some protein, too.)

So, I washed with Giovanni 50/50 Balancing Shampoo, with baking soda (and some coconut oil--it was in the container I was using to mix, so I figured it couldn't hurt) and conditioned with Giovanni SAS...my hair came back to life! I'm too happy!

I applied my Alba Leave-in (which I found has protein, too...I gotta watch that) and did chunky twists until my hair was almost dry. Then I twisted with Eco-Custard. And today I WORE THE TWISTS TO WORK! woot! Something I've never done, but they look pretty good, better than before, so...I rolled with it! I'll post pics this evening.

I also employed washing, conditioning and twisting my hair in sections. I'M SOLD! It makes everything so much easier. I thought you needed longer hair for that to be necessary, but, no...it's working for me right now!

So ladies, I'm in need of a creamy leave-in that is protein free...any suggestions? Thx, y'all!

And regarding the woman in the pic...

@WhosThat...that is a weave in the woman's head! It is matted and sad looking...SMH. And THAT in the pic, is a retouch or new one, or whatever you call it! Shocked Very Happy Yeah, I know!

Have a wonderful day, y'all!

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 20th August 2010, 2:24 pm

npmoore04 wrote:HEY RY1!

Just wanted to tell you Curlformers are 15% off on naturally curly dot com. :runs out of thread:
Ooh, good lookin' out...I gotta run over there right now! Very Happy
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 20th August 2010, 3:04 pm

just go straight to the curlformers website 15% off til September 19th you know i ordered the extra long kit. SMH ( they were cheaper then the ones i bought from sally's)
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 20th August 2010, 5:26 pm

And regarding the woman in the pic...

@WhosThat...that is a weave in the woman's head! It is matted and sad looking...SMH. And THAT in the pic, is a retouch or new one, or whatever you call it! Yeah, I know!

Oh my...
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd August 2010, 2:31 am

answer to the black movie trivia: New Jack City "rocka bye baybee" i know ALL my black cinema's dont get me started Razz

that poor chicks weave looked like cousin IT!!! WTH was that? she couldve least cut it into some kinda shape or style.

how are ur curls doin? i agree w/detanglin n pooin in sections becuz it makes life much more simple! ur hair is probably longer than mine but i take clips in the shower wit me n poo, detangle w/condish n let the water run down while its still clipped up! the best creamy leave-in i have is koils by nature and i also like carol's daughter hair milk too.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd August 2010, 7:41 am

Hey RY,
your rod set is cute. Love the little curls!!

LMBO...at the pic of the black woman with the loooonnnnggg blonde weave......... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd August 2010, 9:10 am

A creamy leave-in? Giovanni Direct Leave-in!! I love that stuff....Lynn got me hooked on this stuff!!!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 22nd August 2010, 3:48 pm

That is very "Cousin It". . . made me kinda sad to see.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd August 2010, 1:06 pm

NubieNatty wrote:answer to the black movie trivia: New Jack City "rocka bye baybee" i know ALL my black cinema's dont get me started Razz

that poor chicks weave looked like cousin IT!!! WTH was that? she couldve least cut it into some kinda shape or style.

how are ur curls doin? i agree w/detanglin n pooin in sections becuz it makes life much more simple! ur hair is probably longer than mine but i take clips in the shower wit me n poo, detangle w/condish n let the water run down while its still clipped up! the best creamy leave-in i have is koils by nature and i also like carol's daughter hair milk too.
Hey Nubie! I knew YOU knew where that line came from...you be killin' me with your movie references! LOL Yeah, old girl's hair is kinda sad. I always find myself staring...but I had to take this pic because this is NEW!

Good lookin' out on the creamy leave-in...I gotta find me one!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey RY,
your rod set is cute. Love the little curls!!

LMBO...at the pic of the black woman with the loooonnnnggg blonde weave......... Laughing
Hey IB! Yeah, "the black woman with the loooonnnnggg blonde weave"...all I can do is SMH and have a moment of silence! Very Happy

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:A creamy leave-in? Giovanni Direct Leave-in!! I love that stuff....Lynn got me hooked on this stuff!!!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

KNH
Hey KNH! How are you doing, busy woman? Hope all is well... and I hope you enjoy your new job! :-)

Muz wrote:

That is very "Cousin It". . . made me kinda sad to see.
Hey Muz! Cousin It...that's it (haha) exactly! And I agree, it is sad to see. For her to feel she has to have that on her head. SMH

Hey Ladies!

Happy Monday to ya! LOL Yes, that's me pumping myself up...hope it helps someone else too! LMAO

All my hair style practice plans went down the drain (no pun intended) with one visit from my landlord and the plummer! I tell you...some folks really do not know how to handle business. Business is business...pleasure is pleasure...BS is BS...and the three ought not meet! run

But, last Thursday's shampoo and protein conditioning really helped my hair. It felt soft and moist again! LOL One thing I tried this time...I used DevaCurl Set it Free (which has been in my cabinet a long minute)...I sprayed it on my fingers and separated my twists! My twist out was defined and fluffy...I'll add the pics tonight! Now once I get me some styles and a creamy leave-in...I will be happy! :-) Oh, yeah, I snipped off some little raggedy ends. It was necessary as I hadn't put scissors in my hair since May... Embarassed

You know what I found out this past week? My hair feels like it did when I was six...I have my true texture back! LOL My mom used to put bantu knots (didn't know to call them that then) in my hair after washing, so it could dry. Before I got that first hard press...she used water & "grease" to comb my hair. When I twisted my hair last week for it to dry prior to twisting...as my HIH kicked in, it hit me...my hair feels like it did all those years ago! Very Happy It made me sad to think, at the time, I thought it wasn't "good" enough or it needed to be straight to be "dealt with". SMH Well, I'm thankful to finally get to know me as I should be! AMEN!

One last thing...I was in Target on Saturday...the day of the fluffy twist out...and this woman stopped me and just raved (yep, I said raved..cuz that's what she did..HAHAHA)! She said how pretty and healthy it looked...how did I get it to curl like that...it fits your face, etc., etc. Man, I must admit it felt nice! dance So, you know I had to answer her questions! LOL She showed me her hair (haha) and the damage from glued in weaves--Y'ALL STAY AWAY FROM WEAVE GLUE!!! Anywho, I told her to check out CurlyNikki.com...the women are very supportive and you'll learn how to care for your hair! She said I was the THIRD woman to tell her to try CN.com! How 'bout that? Werk it Nikki! afro

Have a wonderful day, y'all! Sorry so long...but I can only share this kinda stuff with my curly friends! LOL

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd August 2010, 1:18 pm

Lol, you are just a mess! Thank you for always making me laugh.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 23rd August 2010, 1:36 pm

"All my hair style practice plans went down the drain (no pun intended) with one visit from my landlord and the plummer! I tell you...some folks really do not know how to handle business. Business is business...pleasure is pleasure...BS is BS...and the three ought not meet!"

lol!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 23rd August 2010, 6:29 pm

Hi! Dropping by with neighborly love!
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd August 2010, 10:56 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Lol, you are just a mess! Thank you for always making me laugh.
Sweet...why did my boss tell me that today! I thought of you! lol!

Hey Ladies!

I'm finding that my hair has grown! woot! I've also found that it will no longer stand up...unless it's not washed for a minute! Surprised So...I've been saying it--gotta do something new--and tonight I did! And I got pics...HAHAHAHAHA!

OK...here's my twist out, using Deva Curl Set it Free when I pulled them apart. I was feelin' my hair LOL:
TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 20 Photo_70

Now, it worked yesterday and it started off pretty good this morning, but by the afternoon, I had soft, blah hair! I was not understanding! Shouldn't my nappy hair (as folks say...friends I mean) STAND THE HELL UP?!? I'm just saying!!! dance dance dance
TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 20 Photo_71
WHAT THE HECK?!? LOL

I came home determined to do SOMETHING with it! So...here it is:
TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 20 Photo_72
TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 20 Photo_73
TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 20 Photo_74

I french braided (cornrowed) the back. I plan to take it down and fluff it out! We'll see how it turns out! Rolling Eyes
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd August 2010, 11:30 pm

oooo thats cute like that! I can't wait til tamaw.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 23rd August 2010, 11:50 pm

I am super de duper mad at your avi!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next