CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all! ;-)

+35
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
TriniCherryPrincess
Umph
WhosThatRedHead
jlowman1
priceless
nattyblog
coilykinks
MellowOne
CrissyQ
Juices-n-Berries
QuietButterfly
Curly_Aquarius
Keisha
Intelligentbeauty
Muz
Nikcoils
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
krazy coils
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
TerraD
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
SisterBoyd
NubieNatty
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
NylaCoils
DvaAuNaturel
Lynnieluve
TheRYL1
39 posters

Page 11 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Empty Re: TheRYL1...Hey Y'all! ;-)

Post by Nikcoils 29th June 2010, 8:34 pm

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Lol you and swoodard got me cracking up because my situation is in reverse. My mom and grandma always trying to put something in my hair saying it looks dry. Or turn they lip up at me and laugh at my hair. Mind you my mom had to shave all her hair off due to a horrible dye job she did he self. she said she was gonna wear her natural hair when I was pregnant 4 years ago and she was turning 50. She actually looked cute with her fade. That lasted all of 3 months then as soon as she could get a grip of some hair on her head she put the weaves and wigs back in.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 29th June 2010, 9:07 pm

Renon, when is our Inglewood shopping day? TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Icon_lol
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 29th June 2010, 10:04 pm

Ryl...does your daughter ever get flack from wearing weaves?
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 30th June 2010, 4:49 pm

Hey Y'all!

Npmoore...I just don't get it...why does our natural texture cause some folks so much pain? LOL I think folks hate the fact that you are truly comfortable with yourself...you have to be to withstand all the dumb comments, looks, etc. Perhaps a little envy because you aren't scared to just be who you are, not what everyone thinks you should be.

I wore my twists to Yaki Girl's (lol) grandmother's 60th b-day party a few weeks back. Boy, you woulda thought I walked in NAKED! One comment of an old friend who just looked me in the face and walked right past me: "Oh, I didn't know who you were...you look so different." FOR REAL? Like I grew extra eyes or some mess like that! SMH WHATEVER!!! Like CurlsGalore says....my Black is soooooooo beautiful! :-)

TerraD...when are you free? What about this Monday...will you have time off? Let me know....

SisterBoyd...I really don't know if she's gotten flack about it, but, probably not. I tell you that whole generation is geared to the phony pony! LOL Hey...are you free in the upcoming week or so? We gotta hit the supplies stores with Terra!

I WILL BE COMPUTER SHOPPING THIS WEEKEND! I CANNOT WAIT! TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 879602 TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 879602 TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 879602 TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 879602 TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 879602 TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 879602
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th June 2010, 5:23 pm

Hey Ryl1. Good luck with finding a new computer. I need one too. Praying mine will hang on a few more months.So we'll be getting pics right? LOL!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 30th June 2010, 5:48 pm

I'll be available that afternoon, but a bit short on funds. Let me know what you guys decide.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 30th June 2010, 7:16 pm

Hey RYL ***waving*** Let them keep commenting as your hair is growing and looking healthy.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 30th June 2010, 7:28 pm

Dva...yes, Lord...I want to put up pics so bad! Patience! ;-) I hope your's can hold on...it's rough without one! What did I do before?

SisterBoyd...I can feel you on that one...I'll let you know. Terra has the hard schedule!

Hey KC...yes, it's coming along...but you know how that Hair Envy can get ya! LMAO
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 30th June 2010, 8:06 pm

Hey RYL!!!

You are FUNNY!!!! TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Lol at your daughter.....please start writing the book, I'd def read it!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 30th June 2010, 9:05 pm

Yay, I'm off on monday! When, where, what time TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Icon_lol. Do you two still have my number?
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st July 2010, 12:32 am

Hey!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 1st July 2010, 1:10 pm

Hey Ladies!

How goes it today?

TerraD...yep, I'll get with you later today!

Hey Shee & QB!

I really, really wanna talk about my hair! It's finally coming together...getting thicker and bigger...but I can't get all into it without pics...but soon. I know it's getting bigger from the looks my co-workers are giving me...LOL.

Something I've noticed: Well, my hair is kinky and coily, but it's kinda soft, too. So when I do a twist out, the first day (since using the EcoCustard...YAY) it hangs a bit, it doesn't stand up & out, and unless I wet it (or sweat) I have to wait a day or so for it to "puff up". With that said, I notice I get compliments from certain folk and I realized it's because my hair "looks less nappy" that first day. But as the week goes on, I get the "OMG she wore her hair like that" looks from the same folk. So as long as my hair looks less nappy, it's ok? WTF? Things that make you go Hmmmm!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 2nd July 2010, 12:10 am

I get those kind of comments as well. When I use KCCC and my hair is hanging its really pretty. But if I use conditioner or something that gives me a lot of shrinkage and doesn' thave that wet look to it I get nothing. I don't use KCCC regularly and I recently used it. It was amazing the comments I received. I had folks going out buying the stuff. Then saw them the following week and got the *blank stare*

...what's even funnier is that they were upset because their hair didn't look like mine...after I told her butt it wouldn't because she would have to learn how to use the product.

Girl, just accept the fact that folks have their own hang ups about appearances and will do their darnedness to project it onto you. You're right they have issues with the fact that we're confident to be free enough to wear our naturalness like a badge of honor. Yes, they'll say I can't believe she left the house looking like that...but deep down when they cross over one of their secrets will be that they really want to rock big, wild hair, but are really scared. I was one of them. Either they'll break free or they will continue to live the live and succomb to the bondage of someone else's opinion.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 2nd July 2010, 2:20 pm

Say it Sister Boyd! LOL at the chick who got mad...folks gotta learn: what works for you, may not work for me! :-)

OMG...Y'ALL, yesterday Yaki Girl sat next to me, and she's just looking at my hair. Then she ran her fingers through it and said: "Mommy, I like your hair today!" OMG...y'all know I almost fell out! TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Lol

How goes it today Curly Gurls? Are you looking forward to the long weekend like I am? I am off until WEDNESDAY and I am too happy about it! TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 879602

Hair Stuff: Today is Day 5 of my twist out...yep, I said Day 5!!!! Ever since I started using the EcoCustard, my twists have been soooo much better. I previously had done them using only my oil spritz and a leave-in, never using a styler/gel/butter! DUH! Then wondered how come my twists don't really, really twist! LOL

Anyway, last night, I just started unraveling all the twists and coils...so, I now have this coily, twisty, kinky fro going on...I'M LOVING IT!

One other thing...I purchased Curls Lavish Moisturizer from Target. It says it gives second day hair. Well, I must say it did just that this morning! I sprayed it in my hand, then applied it to my hair...it seems too heavy to spray directly (and the sprayer didn't even "spray"...it shot out a straight line...not good for the do). I just raked it over and it gave me moisture and some shine. I didn't have to add another product. I shook my hair and kept it pushing! :-)

Have a wonderful & safe holiday weekend y'all! TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Icon_rr
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd July 2010, 6:42 pm

Hey Ryl! I too use the curls lavish moisturizer but I HATE that spray nozzle! Ack! I use it to refresh from time to time and I'm careful with it because it sometimes gives me shrinkage.

I'm off til Wednesday too! In fact, I needs to be out now but i had to come visit ya first! Have a great weekend!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 2nd July 2010, 7:15 pm

Hey Ryl! I just caught up on the last few pages of your thread and you are a TRIP!!! You keeps it 100%, I know that!!! So baby girl ain't feeling the funky hair, huh? I was laughing at your rant about her weave! LOL!!! Too funny! I'm so glad you LOVE your hair and you're rocking it in fabulous way! That's what it's all about! Natural, healthy, radiant hair. I can't wait to see some pics!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd July 2010, 9:42 pm

Hey RYL1...

WOW you are getting grief from you daughter like I do from my mom!!! Too funny!!! She will embrace your curls just wait and see.

I remember the day you took the hammer to your computer. I was on the floor cracking up...I wondered if you would regret that one day!!!

Anyway...can't wait to see your pictures!!

Have a great weekend.

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 6th July 2010, 11:54 pm

Hey Y'all! I got my hands on a computer at last! Just been sliding through lookin at all the afros...wurk it ladies! TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Icon_rr

Here's me and my fro!!!
TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Photo_10

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Photo_11

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Photo_12
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 7th July 2010, 12:16 am

Oh, KNH...I kinda do, but I know...it was my lesson...I needed to learn something from it...don't you hate that? DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!

Hey Dva, Shee, Poetic, Curls Galore! :-)

Well, I've been way delinquent on pics! Soooo....to start the ball rolling...I present Yaki Girl...my baby...I love her to death! LOL

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Photo_13
She will not take a picture with me currently for fear it'll end up on Curly Nikki (y'all know she right)!! LOL

I'll just put up some pics of my twist outs from the last week or so...it feels so good to be back! TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 678474

6/29/10
TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Photo_14

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Photo_15

6/30/10
TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Photo_16

7/1/10
TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Photo_17

Just a few to show the good hair days I've been having...I'm pleased! TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 617583
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th July 2010, 1:16 am

Nice twist out! Glad your daughter is coming around. She might even go natural. I used to be a Yaki Girl too (actually Indian Remi $80 a bag to be exact) Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 7th July 2010, 1:59 am

Look at that fro! Beautiful!

Yaki girl is so cute! We're going to wait her out until she lets the yaki go Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 7th July 2010, 2:48 am

Renon, she looks just like you in the face! She's cute!
That was a great twist out! LOL @ JNB
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 7th July 2010, 7:46 am

Yay pics!! Love the new avi and your fro is hot!!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th July 2010, 11:34 am

Heyyy, why have i not been over here before? o well i am going to make myself right at home. i love yur hair too cute, and yaki girl....LMAO, did you give her that name becaue of the yaki hair? You are a mess.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 7th July 2010, 12:30 pm

Hey Y'all!

CrissyQ...yep, she got the name due the to the Yaki attached to her head! LOL

JnB...the $81.71 for 4 oz. of Indian Hair is a few blocks from my home...SMH

Hey SisBoyd, Terra, Krazy Coils...that's my Yaki Girl! LOL I can say the last week saw Yaki give me compliments on my hair. But, then again, it was one of my better hair weeks! SMH :-)

Terra...I just saw your message last night...yes, I am raggedy! And a weekend just full of "fun" does not help me one bit! TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 11 Icon_razz

Have a wonderful day, Ladies!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next