CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 Months Post Relaxer

+46
Tenacious99
alessialele
cha_phylicia
Ms.Fenty
CherryWill_1
creolebeauty1
BeautifullyFree
SpiroGirl
Butterfly126
mahoganytresses
CurlyGirly9
Miss_Moni
krys419
katianie
tatertotz
swt_sunny
yacoomba
kera10
Serenity_Peace
JMP82
TiffNotANY
grateful07
diamondcurls
Monnie
CoilyBird
symmy
Naturally Esq
Treece
willi77
Bjanelle
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
SherylsTresses
Gado-Gado Gal
Renny
Tmochava
TyraB
BeautifullyMehh
dyamonds10
jenerett
LearninToLove
missjamaica83
Muz
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
*CurlyNikki*
50 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

12 Months Post Relaxer - Page 3 Empty Re: 12 Months Post Relaxer

Post by yacoomba 23rd December 2010, 7:30 pm

swt_sunny wrote:i have finally made it to one year of transitioning as well! Very Happy i plan on trying to push through until June, I have been trimming gradually and will have about an inch or so left by that time.
Alright congrats on the one year as well. I think on one part of my hair I have about four inches of relaxed but I haven't been gradually trimming like I probably should either. I think the twists will give me the extra push and break for awhile along with protecting my hair. Very Happy
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 24th December 2010, 2:19 am

Today I'm celebrating my 12 months post relaxer too!! Congrats to the other ladies celebrating today tooo yay. I can't believe I made it this far when before I couldn't go more than 5 weeks without a relaxer lol I plan on transitioning for either 17 months (May) or 20 months (August). Can't wait to BC!
&& At this point I'm running out of styling options but I mostly wear buns to stretch my curls and flexi rod sets. I'll post some pics of my hair later today
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by katianie 27th December 2010, 8:57 pm

I'll be 13 months into my transition next month. I just took some braids out and my hair is a matted hot mess. I had the braids in for about 2 1/2 months ( I know, I know...that's a little too long!) and there's knots all over. I just cut some of the front of my hair off to see if I'd cry over it and surprisingly I didn't. I'm ready to chop all this permed mess off.

I don't know what I'll do with my hair after the BC, but I do know that I can't do anything with it now. The two textures are driving me mad!

katianie

Back to top Go down

12 Months Post Relaxer - Page 3 Empty 13 months post

Post by krys419 30th December 2010, 5:56 am

I just reached 13 months 2 days ago. I have been transitioning with braids and weaves...braids two months.....weave 3 and a half...summer had it out trying to learn how to deal with the transition. Ended up with some matting. Then now I have a weave. Will take out end of january. I find whn you have any permed hair that it is just beats to have your hair braided up or weaved. If your hair is like a 3c curl or fine textured you can be fine manipulating the hair but other than tha yu will get breakage. i rarely cut my hair but last time I cut was about june. My hair is super long and I had it hot combed October 30th before I got my weave. if I remember correctly it was down my back about armpit length...lol It looked so gorgeous, but if only I knew how to make it look gorgeous without a salon or heat.

What's funny is i reember a year ago when I was searching youtube I found longhair dont care girl and it's just today I found her from another youtube girl with long hair (not as long as hers!) who mentioned her..then I found longhairdont care and realized I was already subscribed. once I have my hair permed gone i will follow her regimen.

Okay on to my permed hair. I dont ever cut it really. I plan to transition as long as I have my ends on. Since i only trim like once a year it may be maybe 3 more years before I cut it off. And if my hair is braided up all the time there should be no breakage really. But then agan if its braided all the time unde rweaves it has no point to keep the perm. I guess just because I have like 8 inches of perm and it is my pride i guess to have long hair..lol

Sorry for all the banter. Well it's been over a year so I can do that I guess!

Oh the only mishap was bleach. i had my hair bleached in one area to match my weave and this lady left it on too long...so I had a dime size bald spot! She wa sliek oh you are natural so it will be strong and its fine....ugh..this was the top of september...its growing in fine though..ught

have a great growing experience guys! i want to wait at least 36 months before I big chop it
Oh and that hair pic in my avie is from last noveber..my hair is now bra strap..wel like armpit i guess..in between there. But my middle i short. It always broke off when I didnt get a relaxer. My back grows super long because it's curl is almost non existent and its fine so its almost liek relaxed hair

BYE Like a Star @ heaven

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Moni 30th December 2010, 7:50 am

I'm a little late but I finally made it to one year of transitioning as of December 24th. Right now I'm just being consistent with the deep conditioning and co-washing. I am actually pre-pooing for the first time with vegetable oil as I type.

The first year was not bad at all...I was already a fan of the infamous sock bun which I rocked for about the first three months, had a weave for about 6 and have been wearing bantu knots or buns for the last three. I really wanted to be able to BC but the DC weather has been AWFUL thus far, my favorite weaveologist left school for a semester, and I despise braids Sad

But congrats to you all who have made it this far....HTH Very Happy
Miss_Moni
Miss_Moni

http://shegolightly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 31st December 2010, 3:01 am

I made it!!! woot!

Last edited by CurlyGirly9 on 3rd January 2011, 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by katianie 1st January 2011, 11:37 am

I just BC'd about 15 minutes ago. Transitioned for a year and 20 days. Now, I don't have the slightest clue as to what I'm gonna do with my hair. I have some KCCC, and i'll let it sit in for a while to see how my hair comes out.

Truth be told, I don't feel "free" like most women say they do. I just feel ok. More than likely, I will throw some braids in my hair in the next few days unless I can find some way to style this poufy afro lol.

katianie

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 1st January 2011, 11:44 am

katianie wrote:I just BC'd about 15 minutes ago. Transitioned for a year and 20 days. Now, I don't have the slightest clue as to what I'm gonna do with my hair. I have some KCCC, and i'll let it sit in for a while to see how my hair comes out.

Truth be told, I don't feel "free" like most women say they do. I just feel ok. More than likely, I will throw some braids in my hair in the next few days unless I can find some way to style this poufy afro lol.

Congrats on the BC-I don't know what the "free" statement is about either but everyone has their own interpretation of it. Did you BC due to you felt it was time or due to when you took your last set of braids out (I saw you said it was matted/tangled)?
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 2nd January 2011, 2:06 pm

one year ...over and done....we need a 13-23 month thread!
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 3rd January 2011, 11:30 pm

Tomorrow will be my one year mark! Yay for that! However, I have decided to transition a little longer. This winter has been alot colder than I expected (I live in Ga for cryin out loud!). We have had some temps in the teens! Now what the heck is this all about? Anyway, my plan is now to chop early to mid march, depending on how the weather is. I will, I repeat I WILL be relaxer free by the end of April, because I plan on attending the World Natural Hair Show in late April, and I must step up in that joint fly and all naturale! lol! I wish I had a ounce of impulsiveness in this body of mine! If i did I probably would have been natural a year ago and I would be celebrating my one year natural anniversary right about now!
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 17th January 2011, 11:23 pm

I am no longer transitioning. I cut the back in december after I hennaed for the first time. I officially BC'd on 01/11/11 dance My avatar is a pic of what my hair looks like today in a bun

The back cut in december (detangled with knot today)
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Right before BC/little big chop (no product)
Goodbye perm!
100% natural
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 18th January 2011, 7:52 am

NaturallyCurlyGirly9 wrote:I am no longer transitioning. I cut the back in december after I hennaed for the first time. I officially BC'd on 01/11/11 dance My avatar is a pic of what my hair looks like today in a bun

The back cut in december (detangled with knot today)
Right before BC/little big chop (no product)
Goodbye perm!
100% natural

Congrats! I can't wait to do mine. I think I may wait until feb/march when the weather warms up a tad.
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 18th January 2011, 4:39 pm

@mahoganytresses thanks and I can't wait to see pics from your BC! Very Happy

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]

CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 20th January 2011, 7:43 pm

I MADE IT!!! 1 year post today! dance
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

12 Months Post Relaxer - Page 3 Empty 12-Month Transition

Post by SpiroGirl 31st January 2011, 12:44 am

I made it my 12th month of transitioning this month. I must say that the first several months of the transition was absolutley horrible for me because I had no idea what I was doing. Luckily, the internet has a multitude of sites, like this one Smile , that provides very useful information. Probably by month 6 of my transition, I had pretty much broken most of my permed hair off due to inexperience and frustration (I have had a perm since 7 or 8 years old). Now, at my 12th month, I can honestly say I have a hang of things. I just cut most (if not all) of my straight ends off 2 days ago. So, I am sporting a TWA today. I love the texture of my hair and the curl pattern is so cute (in my opinion). I will post pics later. I was a total product junkie in the beginning. Purchasing all types and kinds of products that I read about on various sites. Now, I've pretty much settled into a few products. This fits my style as I do not like to spend a lot of time "grooming". I like to toss on some eyeliner and mascara (eye shadow if I'm feeling frisky), part my hair on the right and run a comb through it (when I was on the creamy crack) and be on my way. Definitely a low maintenance gal. Anyway, with natural hair, I want to be able to keep up the same tempo. I do not want to spend a lot of time "doing" my hair. With that said, I use unrefined shea butter and cocunut oil which I purchased from Whole Foods. I wash with Organix Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner once a week. Because of the damage I caused to my hair, I do a 6 week protein treatment with Aphoghee. I use the Aphoghee Keratin conditioner maybe once a month in lieu of the Organix conditioner for deep conditioning (my hair was really bad affraid ). I'm thinking of getting a wig now though to wear to work because of the way I have cut my hair, it is very uneven and difficult to keep the sides from sticking straight out at the sides (lol). I guess I could go get it shaped but I want it to grow out more first. Whew, I'm very long winded tonight. Anyway, that's my story. Good luck you guys.

SpiroGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 31st January 2011, 1:29 pm

13 months an 1 week into transition..time to get my ends clipped, but still enjoying my transition..i have my difficult moments but i try not to go against the grain with my 2 textures...can't wait to see where i'm at in another year
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by Monnie 17th February 2011, 2:35 pm

Hi Ladies,

I am now between 15 and 16 months of transitioning and have been getting trims along the way. I have been flat-ironing my hair every two weeks for several months now but I am scared to continue flat-ironoing for fear of heat damage (I can already tell my wet hair now looks different than it did earlier last year), rollersets are just too time consuming and painful when trying to detangle my relaxed ends (the new growth is actually pretty easy to detangle), and braid-outs / twist-outs do nothing for my relaxed ends (you can really tell the difference from the natural hair versus the relaxed ends), so.......

I'm cutting it off. Tomorrow, actually. Lately I noticed that I just wet my hair at home for no reason (because I go to the salon, I never really get to inspect my hair while wet) and it's so much fun. I actually did a mini chop over the weekend because I was anxious to see how it looked without the relaxed ends. If the spring and summer were not near, I would definitely hold out for another 4-6 months, but with an Atlanta summer looming around the corner, I figured this will give me a few much-needed weekends to try to perfect a summer style.

I have about 3-4 inches of relaxed ends left, but 4 inches is a big cut for me. I would estimate that I have at least 7 inches of "new growth," which will make this the shortest hair I have ever had. Factor in the shrinkage factor and I have no idea how it will look. I plan to walk out the salon tomorrow with a roller set becuase I have no clue what to do with my hair after the cut. I have always loved roller sets so this is the safest bet for me.

I have no idea what hair type I have, but it is thick, big and cottony. Wish me luck!
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 17th February 2011, 11:25 pm

woohooo a milstone i made it today makes it official it has been one year since i have been transitioning i decided last year on february 17 i would stop relaxing my hair , i had just relaxed the week before and my whole scalp was scabbed up and my hair was thin and short and brittle and light brown just a hot mess here i am today i'm very happy and i plan on BC in the end of April when the weather is more pleasant i have however gradually been cutting my relaxed ends my bang area and last layer in the back are fully natural here is a few pics Smile [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
i have a little coil lol
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
and my first attempt at some bantu knots twists
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryWill_1 20th February 2011, 7:49 pm

i've finally made it!!!
oh my gosh yall just don't know how happy I am to be able to post on this thread.
I even refused to LOOK on this thread until I was 12 months post and reading all these posts were well worth the wait.
i planned on BCing at 14 months post during spring break but i'm pretty sure i'll end up chopping next month at 13 months (hope thats not bad luck Razz)

CherryWill_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 21st February 2011, 7:45 pm

Finally, one year post on Jan. 22. Cut a few inches off of my relaxed ends. Probably gonna BC any day now, maybe.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 22nd February 2011, 7:57 pm

14 months post...6 months to go!!! Henna and texlaxed hair has got to go!
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cha_phylicia 1st March 2011, 6:15 pm

Hi ladies!

It's been so long since I've been on here!!! Geez... so I'm just over a year of transitioning and my hair is driving me CRAZY ... I need a change, but I'm just not ready to chop my ends off... I really don't know what to do just yet. I'm contemplating a halfwig but they're so darn expensive here. Argh... Soooo frustrated lol
cha_phylicia
cha_phylicia

http://chaphylica.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alessialele 14th March 2011, 10:51 am

12 months post relaxer on March 12th!!
alessialele
alessialele

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenacious99 16th March 2011, 8:15 pm

I made it. 12 months post relaxer was March 10th.

Tenacious99

Back to top Go down

12 Months Post Relaxer - Page 3 Empty 1year

Post by faithscurls 17th March 2011, 12:03 am

I can't believe I'm at my one year mark already. At times I am so tempted to relax, others to cut it all off. I'm going to try Henna soon when it gets here and hopefully try to hang on some more at least until the summer. I currently have a weave. What are some good protective styles? I like buns but I worry about my outer layer of hair. Any help?

faithscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next