CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Months Post Relaxer

+49
Jezebel
jamaican.beauty
shaun0822
MxdChic
StraightCurlz
legallybrunette
Ladybug83
JessiWantsCurls
NaturalMahogany
tpayne22
grateful07
Butterfly125
Stephy0306
minday83
CurlsofGlory
pretty,Pleaseee
Treece
may_C_love
Rissi
lananicole
Leta
simplyconfident
princesspoet
omgitsaj
choosemusic
willi77
LadyByars
jewanda
Naturally Zee
CurlySha
curlynista
tamekia_delux
Amy V.
Mom2KurlyT
sophisticatedbeauty
Janique
Soon2Bcurly20
DEE DUBB
Karameldiva1978
JossBella
CurlyChefRobin
jadore04
MaNesha
lolakinkz
erranicole
SoulfulSista
bholmes87
CrissyQ
*CurlyNikki*
53 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

3 Months Post Relaxer - Page 2 Empty Re: 3 Months Post Relaxer

Post by Soon2Bcurly20 10th June 2010, 11:02 pm

HEY ladies i was on the two month forum a while back and i've kinda been trying to "discover" my hair seeing what works and what doesn't so i tried bantu knots outs and for a while they were great until my hair started tangling like crazy so a couple days ago i got a press and curl for the first time since grade school and im kinda afraid of heat damage but i really dont know how i will transition otherwise....any advice?
Soon2Bcurly20
Soon2Bcurly20

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 11th June 2010, 5:46 pm

Some pix I took today of the natural hair under my sew-in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 11th June 2010, 9:28 pm

@soontobecurly...have you thought about sew-ins or single braids to help you with your transition?
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 13th June 2010, 3:10 pm

I have a testimony ladies lol. Before I started transitioning, I went religiously to the shop because I didn't know how to deal with my hair. I tried Bantu Knots a few weeks ago for the first time and couldn't get it so I just threw my hair in a pony. On Tuesday night I tried them again, and almost failed again but I was determined! After trial and error I finally achieved a full head of bantu knots lol. It was especially difficult for me because I swear I have about two or three textures in my head and the crown is the roughest and has breakage. I left my knots in for almost 24 hours took them out and my curly fro was the bomb.com! My 17 year old sister loved it! And it was so soft! I guess from HH, NTM silk touch leave in and Jojoba oil. My hair has NEVER been this soft! I almost cried. I got A LOT of compliments on my bantu knot out fro. Sorry this was so long I just wanted to share that!
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 16th June 2010, 12:29 pm

hey ladies

so my ends desperately needed a trim and of course i dont know how to do it by myself quite yet so i decided to go to a salon...but i also wanted to try a dominican blow out ...well the lady i had do my hair trimmed it well but she complained to m the whole time about how i "needed perm" she said that my hair was "too nappy" and that i had a lot of breakage..etc. This salon knew nothing about transitioning and i feel bad for my hair for having to go to this salon.. i learned from my experience.i am just honestly at a standstill with my hair! its such a process!!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 16th June 2010, 12:54 pm

jadore04 wrote:hey ladies

so my ends desperately needed a trim and of course i dont know how to do it by myself quite yet so i decided to go to a salon...but i also wanted to try a dominican blow out ...well the lady i had do my hair trimmed it well but she complained to m the whole time about how i "needed perm" she said that my hair was "too nappy" and that i had a lot of breakage..etc. This salon knew nothing about transitioning and i feel bad for my hair for having to go to this salon.. i learned from my experience.i am just honestly at a standstill with my hair! its such a process!!

Hi, i am sorry you had to hear such abuse. I do think its said that "beauticians" do not understand natural hair. I could not take the two textures of my hair so thats why I did not do the transitioning thing. I BC'd 2 months after my last relaxer, it made it easier for me to deal with my hair. I do agree it is a process and it will test you, if this is something you really want to do stick with it. Its my second time and I am at a stand still now. All I know how to do are wash and gos. LOL, but like I said everyone who BC'd early llike me had to go thru it. You will get alot of support here. Look on other threads, check out the TWA challenge in the natural Hair challenge thread.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 16th June 2010, 3:22 pm

I'm sorry you had to do endure that Jadore. I went to my hairdresser this week to have my ends clipped and hair straightened. She hasn't had a relaxer since January of this year! But she insists that she isn't going natural because she thinks being natural takes away from your feminimity and she doesn't like nappy hair. She knows I'm transitioning and she knows the dangers of relaxers but she is still on that "good hair, bad hair" tip. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] She should just gon head and keep transitioning or do that BC lol.
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 16th June 2010, 3:26 pm

JossBella, that is exactly how the people around me are. I think they are coming around though. When I BC'd 9 years ago, I was told that I looked like a boy, and that my hair was too nappy to go natural. I went to a hair stylist to shape it up, and she said, "I can't see how you can comb through this," and she strongly recommended a texturizer. If these products to manage natural hair (or this knowledge of natural hair) had been available (or known to me to be available) back in 2001, I would be 9 years natural now.

The funny thing is that my natural texture resembles my texturized texture, minus the smoother edges...
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

3 Months Post Relaxer - Page 2 Empty Same time transitioning

Post by sophisticatedbeauty 16th June 2010, 6:19 pm

lolakinkz wrote:Hey All,

Im new to this forum but the last time i relaxed any part of my hair was 3/1/10 so I just hit 3 months transitioning [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I was just wondering if any one else is @ the same time frame as me, I plan to BC in Sept. N E Ways ladies Happy Transitioning!!!!

Hey! My last relaxer was 3/4/10 so we are in the same boat! I think I have reached the point of not knowing what to do now! Especially after I have washed, deep conditioned and it still becomes dry like 3 days later! But I am holding on bc this is something that I really want to do! So we will be happy transitioning together! Good Luck! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sophisticatedbeauty
sophisticatedbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 16th June 2010, 7:38 pm

Ladies,

It must be hard times for all of us lol. For the last couple of weeks, I have been bantu knotting and then pulling it up with a fabric headband so that it looks like a "fro-tail". But yesterday....it rained in Chicago, and a sistah got caught in it....oh my. Needless to say, I came home and was too tired to do anything to my hair, and plus the game was coming on. So, I got up this morning thinking that I would be able to pull something off...NOT!! And there is where my problem lies. Working with the two textures is something of a case in the morning when you want to do something quick...it's not an option. SOOO...I may be BC'ing long before I thought. I was trying to go until September....it's lookin bleak ya'll...lol!

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 17th June 2010, 12:42 am

Same thing happened to me last week Manesha. It was so humid here in the STL.
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 17th June 2010, 7:24 pm

OK LADIES! My transitioning is officially over! I BIG CHOPPED TODAY!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I couldn't take dealing with the two textures anymore! Now i'm ready for the summer, and by the fall I'll be doing more natural styles! WOOHOO!! To all of you who are scared of doing the BC, JUST DO IT! I thought I wouldn't look right...thought about the shape of my face and head...Then I said...you know what....WHO CARES! And now I'm lovin my juicy curls.

DON'T GIVE UP LADIES! YOU CAN DO IT!

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 17th June 2010, 7:34 pm

Congrats MaNesha!
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th June 2010, 7:52 pm

MaNesha wrote:OK LADIES! My transitioning is officially over! I BIG CHOPPED TODAY!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I couldn't take dealing with the two textures anymore! Now i'm ready for the summer, and by the fall I'll be doing more natural styles! WOOHOO!! To all of you who are scared of doing the BC, JUST DO IT! I thought I wouldn't look right...thought about the shape of my face and head...Then I said...you know what....WHO CARES! And now I'm lovin my juicy curls.

DON'T GIVE UP LADIES! YOU CAN DO IT!

hey post pictures
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 17th June 2010, 10:11 pm

Yeah MaNesha! Good for you! I'm trying to wait a few more months until I have a little more hair.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

3 Months Post Relaxer - Page 2 Empty My new new growth

Post by Mom2KurlyT 17th June 2010, 10:14 pm

Hey y'all. I just wanted to show off my new growth at 3 mos post. I was re twisting my senegalese twists in the front and I saw this...

Yeahhhh Baby!! I'm so psyched!
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 17th June 2010, 11:36 pm

I'll take some pics at work tomorrow and post them. I can't wait to get some more length to start doing some other stuff. But I'm kind of glad I don't have to worry about the permed hair anymore.

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 17th June 2010, 11:49 pm

@Mom2KurlyT - Beautiful!!! Your hair grows so fast!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 18th June 2010, 1:31 am

Congrats Manesha!! Can't wait to see the pics!
Mom2Kurly, you have great growth! I'm getting Senegalese twists in July so I can let my hair grow and stop styling it so much.
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by sophisticatedbeauty 19th June 2010, 11:09 am

Hey ladies!!!
I am so frustrated with my hair, but I am trying to be patient! It is so hard to continue, but I know it will pay off. My biggest problem is dryness even after the deep conditioning. I had color in my hair and it has not grown out yet, so today I think I'm going to have all the color cut out. What can I do about retaining moisture because my hair devours oil?
sophisticatedbeauty
sophisticatedbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 20th June 2010, 3:02 pm

@Sophisticatedbeauty-- after using whatever leave in conditioner you use, try sealing your hair with shea butter or even a mixture of sheabutter and essential oils and then styling your hair... i noticed my hair loves the shea butter mix i created!!

On another note.. remember how i got the dominican blow out ladies? well It is still straight but now my hair is itching like crazy!!! Last night i greased my scalp with the shea butter mixture i have and this morning i woke up and my hair was itching again!! Today is a week since i got my hair washed by the salon i went to. I want to try and keep the blow out in for a while...im just tired of styling my hair every week..but its looking like i am going to have to wash it sooner than i had planned!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 20th June 2010, 3:21 pm

what exactly does sealing entail?
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 20th June 2010, 3:38 pm

Sealing just means locking in that moisture that you received from conditioning your hair. The only way to seal in that moisture is to use any kind of essential oil or a mixture of them. Basically after using your conditioner rub the essential oils on your ends or even on your whole head of hair. You just have to figure out what your hair likes whether it likes it on the ends or the entire head.
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 20th June 2010, 3:50 pm

thanks jadore. Do you seal after a leave in or regular condish?
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 20th June 2010, 5:02 pm

yea seal after a leave in!!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content