CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Months Post Relaxer

+49
Jezebel
jamaican.beauty
shaun0822
MxdChic
StraightCurlz
legallybrunette
Ladybug83
JessiWantsCurls
NaturalMahogany
tpayne22
grateful07
Butterfly125
Stephy0306
minday83
CurlsofGlory
pretty,Pleaseee
Treece
may_C_love
Rissi
lananicole
Leta
simplyconfident
princesspoet
omgitsaj
choosemusic
willi77
LadyByars
jewanda
Naturally Zee
CurlySha
curlynista
tamekia_delux
Amy V.
Mom2KurlyT
sophisticatedbeauty
Janique
Soon2Bcurly20
DEE DUBB
Karameldiva1978
JossBella
CurlyChefRobin
jadore04
MaNesha
lolakinkz
erranicole
SoulfulSista
bholmes87
CrissyQ
*CurlyNikki*
53 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

3 Months Post Relaxer - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 Months Post Relaxer

Post by Amy V. 24th June 2010, 5:32 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
SoulfulSista wrote:I just did the big chop at exactly 3 months post relaxer and I'm so excited. So here are pics of me 3 months post relaxer. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Those curls are nice

@ SoulfulSista: wow, just gorgeous! i'm seriously considering waiting 1 more week (when i take my braids out) to BC and your photos just gave me that push. i soooo wanna do it!! i was going to wait to do it in October but i think i would be perfectly Ok with 3 months, not 6 months post. thanks so much for sharing!!
Amy V.
Amy V.

http://avbeautycentral.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy V. 24th June 2010, 5:38 pm

MaNesha wrote:OK LADIES! My transitioning is officially over! I BIG CHOPPED TODAY!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I couldn't take dealing with the two textures anymore! Now i'm ready for the summer, and by the fall I'll be doing more natural styles! WOOHOO!! To all of you who are scared of doing the BC, JUST DO IT! I thought I wouldn't look right...thought about the shape of my face and head...Then I said...you know what....WHO CARES! And now I'm lovin my juicy curls.

DON'T GIVE UP LADIES! YOU CAN DO IT!

@ Manesha: i just may take your advice LOL and do the BC next week when i take my braids out! i was waiting til October but i really don't think i'll be able to take it much longer. i'll be 3 months post on Monday and i know it won't be that much new growth but i really don't care. i have this huge urge to cut it all off. thanks for posting. btx, i also think i just have this huge head but i think i really can rock the short hair now confidently
Amy V.
Amy V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy V. 24th June 2010, 5:39 pm

Mom2KurlyT wrote:Hey y'all. I just wanted to show off my new growth at 3 mos post. I was re twisting my senegalese twists in the front and I saw this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeahhhh Baby!! I'm so psyched!

wow, that is a lot of beautiful NG!!!
Amy V.
Amy V.

Back to top Go down

Post by tamekia_delux 28th June 2010, 2:21 am

@Dee Dubb - Hey I have also been doing the sew-ins to help me transition. Before I decided that I would actually transition, I got the sew-in but permed only the edges and the small portion in the top that would be left out. I kept that in for 2 months. Then I got the sew-in redone (no perm this time since i decided to try to transition). When i took out the sew-in my hair was already soooo much more thicker, it really got me excited. And so Im now on my 3rd month now since no chemicals at all. How long do you wait before your next sew-in? How much time is better for the hair? At some point i wanna do the BC but Im so scared cause I dont want my hair to be really really short. So maybe at 9 months I may consider the BC as well.
tamekia_delux
tamekia_delux

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 28th June 2010, 10:27 am

Hey Tamekia!

I actually got my last relaxer on February 23, and I got my sew in done on March 5. I kept my sew in for exactly 13 weeks (3 mts), and I took it out and re-installed it the same day. So, I am on my second sew in, and it's been in for exactly one month so far.

I was going to transition for 9-12 months, but the time period keeps getting shorter. Now, I am getting my sew-in taken out and getting my BC done on this upcoming Friday (July 2).

The part of my hair that was left out of the sew in--my relaxer broke completely off b/c I was flat ironing it so much. So, I only really have natural edges right now. I haven't flat ironed in 3 weeks now, I am just wearing my natural hair on top of the sew in (gelled down) and it is blending pretty well. I have the Bohyme Egyptian Wave, so it is pretty curly. The reason I am taking my weave out so early is because it is itchy as hell! It is so itchy, I feel like I can scrape some skin off scratching my scalp. And, I need to take it out NOW. The first sew in didn't itch as much, probably because it was not as hot outside in the spring.

Some advice that I was given on this forum was to stop flat ironing because you damage your natural hair by heat. If I would've known this, I wouldn't have done it in the beginning. My wave pattern is still pretty strong, but I am sure I've heat damaged some of it. I've heard that sometimes, when you take the weave out, the part that was sewn in is so much longer and healthier that the part left out. We shall see!!!
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 28th June 2010, 11:08 pm

Only a few more days until I am at month four and I am so excited!! I think more and more about the BC but I'm trying to wait until I have a few more inches of natural hair.

@SoulfulSista - Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynista 7th July 2010, 5:10 pm

Hello Ladies! I am new to the Curly Nikki. I am 3 months post my relaxer and I must say that this transitioning journey has been very interesting to say the least.

I started with a sew-in 6 weeks post my last relaxer and it did not last more than 3 weeks; then I tried again and once again it only lasted 3 weeks, so now I am forced to actually style my interesting length hair.

I got a braid out this weekend and actually did my own twist out last night. I will definitely say my hairstyling skills are a work in progress. LOL! Also, my hair length is really taking some used to, but I can't do the BC.

curlynista

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 8th July 2010, 2:45 am

Welcome Curlnista! I'll be heading over to the 4 mos post section soon... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynista 8th July 2010, 1:29 pm

Great JossBella! I bet you are excited! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

curlynista

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySha 8th July 2010, 9:42 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes! Today I celebrate 3 months of transitioning today! I dont have pics as I am transitioning with braids and can't really get the camera to capture the new growth but in about a month or two when I take these out, it'll be 4 or 5 months and I will definitely have the pics for then! I'm soooo excited Smile
CurlySha
CurlySha

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 9th July 2010, 9:33 pm

Yes I am! Today is officially four months post for me...bye ladies!
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Zee 22nd July 2010, 12:23 am

lolakinkz wrote:Hey All,

Im new to this forum but the last time i relaxed any part of my hair was 3/1/10 so I just hit 3 months transitioning Smile. I was just wondering if any one else is @ the same time frame as me, I plan to BC in Sept. N E Ways ladies Happy Transitioning!!!!

Congrats on your journey, we're only a month apart! Let's be buddies!! lol.

I'm trying to wait until the end of the year to BC, I hope I can make. It hasn't been too hard, but it certainly hasn't been easy!
Naturally Zee
Naturally Zee

Back to top Go down

Post by jewanda 27th July 2010, 12:53 am

I am officially 3 months post relaxer and I feel better about my hair than I did when I was relaxed. Tomorrow I plan on doing the BC. I can't wait!! I think I have all of the products I need.

jewanda
jewanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Zee 29th July 2010, 1:31 pm

jewanda wrote:I am officially 3 months post relaxer and I feel better about my hair than I did when I was relaxed. Tomorrow I plan on doing the BC. I can't wait!! I think I have all of the products I need.

Gorgeous!
Naturally Zee
Naturally Zee

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyByars 7th August 2010, 10:57 pm

My first post! I'm on my 3 month mark today. I tried transitioning last year but gave up after a few weeks, so I'm trying again. I'm mostly using bantu knots as my transitioning style. (as pictured below) Not sure if I'm going to do the BC or not.

LadyByars

Back to top Go down

3 Months Post Relaxer - Page 3 Empty styling 3 months into transition

Post by willi77 9th August 2010, 10:34 pm

Hey Ladies, I hit my 3 month mark yesterday and I'm lovin this so far. I tried bantu knots for the first time last night and I loved it. I'm a big fan of twist-outs and curlformers. I do have a question, about fixing sick edges and dermatitis. Right now I'm rocking head bands and flowers, but can't put my hair back because of the edges....any suggestions ladies.

willi77

Back to top Go down

Post by choosemusic 12th August 2010, 3:41 am

hi, i'm new here (: but i just have to say i washed my hair yesterday and now i can't stop fiddling with all my curls. i think my hair is growing pretty fast. well, according to my mother anyway. she was against me cutting my hair too soon but i asked her and now she's given me full control! big step right there. i'm not sure if i should wait, though, like i initially thought i would..
choosemusic
choosemusic

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsaj 12th August 2010, 5:56 pm

Hey you guys:) I'm 3 months post relaxer, last one was May 5 and while I'm excited to be fully natural I'm having some problems. My hair is just sooo dry, no matter what I use to shampoo or condition. Right now I'm shampooing once a week with a sulfate free shampoo, condition and cowash 2-3 times a week. I deep condition with a cheap conditioner that has honey and olive oil mixed in. I moisturize with Bee Mine Luscious Hair Creme and seal that with this stuff called Hair-Gro Spray with moisturizer that has a mixture of oils, water, glycerin and other yummy stuff. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or recommended something because this frustration is making me question my journey:(

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by princesspoet 14th August 2010, 11:13 am

Hello,

I'm very new here!
I live in the UK nowhere near any good stylists.
I started my HHJ in Feb '10, I have seen my hair flourish but because I started to stretch my relaxers, for the first time in my life, I noticed my curls and I love them. So since Feb I had been texlaxing ( once in feb and another in may) I was due for a relaxer earlier this month and my mum actually travelled down to do it but in the end I decided I had had enough. She was pleased ( She big chopped on her 40th and now sports a TWA out of choice, I think she looks awesome!)
So now my conundrum is that I know absolutely nothing about transitioning or what products to use! I will update my profile to include my current regimen.
Any help would be appreciated!
x
princesspoet
princesspoet

http://theprincesspoetslifeadventures.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by princesspoet 14th August 2010, 11:39 am

Sorry ladies turned out no where for me to put my current regimen.
so here it is:

Old Regimen:
Shampoo once a week (Saturday) : CRÈME OF NATURE Professional Detangling Conditioning Shampoo-Extra Body
Co-Wash once a week (Tues/Wed): Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Conditioner
Deep Condition once a Week (Saturday) :Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol
Conditioning Treatment mixed with either Jojoba + Rosemary oil or on its
own.
Protein treatment once a week: Apoghee 2 min reconstructor
Leave ins: Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Conditioner
Lemongrass & Rosemary Leave-In Creme Conditioner for Dehydrated Hair
Moisturise & Seal daily : Africa Best Kids Organics Shea Butter Hair Lotion,
Creme of Nature Daily Breakage Relief made with Red Clover and Aloe,ORS
Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion, SCURL.
Sealants: Jojoba + Rosemary oil , Coconut Oil.

Thank you!
princesspoet
princesspoet

http://theprincesspoetslifeadventures.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by simplyconfident 24th August 2010, 8:12 pm

I'm offically 3 months post and some change!!!
My NG has been pretty managable but I've been still having a lot of shedding.

I've been rocking a phony ponie or bun for the past few weeks. However, I'm starting to get a little board so I plan to get a sew in (my first) in a few weeks.

Here a pics of my newgrowth. The pics behind my ear are of my hair wet with some clear gel on it. I'm excited with the amount of growth I've gotten thus far and see my transistion ending sooner than expected, lol

simplyconfident
simplyconfident

Back to top Go down

Post by Leta 26th August 2010, 4:45 pm

hi ladies! i am almost 3 months post. Saturday will make it official. i am so very excited about going completely natural. y hair is cut short. it hasn't been a very long journey, it has been rough. my scalp has been very sore, which i did get advice from another section of the forum, but that is not working. i've been washing my hair every other day with creme of nature and using jane carter's leave in conditioner. i have not tried any thing special as far as a hairstyle, i've just been wearing the wet look on my hair. my hair was shaved in the back, but all that has grown back and it is now natural as well as the sides. the top of my hair is still straight. i plan to cut it down gradually until all the perm is gone.

does anyone have any suggestions on the scalp tenderness? i've been wearing a handband daily. will that break my edges off?

thanks in advance Very Happy
Leta
Leta

Back to top Go down

Post by lananicole 30th August 2010, 11:42 pm

Here is my hair at 3 months! I am so excited for this journey, I am now 5 months. My nail polish is color club:power play

lananicole
lananicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Rissi 18th September 2010, 11:05 pm

So not quite @ my 4 month mark and I think I'm gonna BC next week. Soooooo scared, I know the breakage isn't worth it & it's hair it'll grow back.
Rissi
Rissi

http://a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"&

Back to top Go down

Post by may_C_love 26th October 2010, 2:23 am

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site but I am super excited about no more relaxers.This was a hard decision for me to make because I've always had a relaxer in my head since I was 6 years old. But I believe it is for the best. I always wait a few months before I use a relaxer because my hair didn't need it but it has offically been 3 months since my last relaxer (my last relaxer was in July 2010). I always wondered what my natural curl pattern was like and I am really exicted to find out what it is. As for transitioning I plan on doing the usually braid/twist out etc. etc., deep conditioning, trims, etc. etc. Well wish me luck ^_^

Gotta long way to go scratch
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
may_C_love
may_C_love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next