CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna For Gray Hair

+17
Madeaj
CurlyMee
Lotus18
anna20204
nefratitiuk
carfi366
MicaiahTy
Thetruthisoutthere
DvaAuNaturel
Estiscurls
ccoach
R2D2
LaFemmeRouge
Pinkpearls
envizionj
NylaCoils
new2curl
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Henna For Gray Hair - Page 3 Empty Re: Henna For Gray Hair

Post by Lotus18 10th November 2010, 9:08 pm

Madeaj, Thanks for the response. I will look at the Smooth Gelled Henna site.

Lotus18

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMee 10th November 2010, 10:43 pm

@ Choctaw THANKSS! - are you suggesting amla and brahmi in oil or powder form and what's the recipe (mixture) of henna, indigo, amla and brahmi?

CurlyMee

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 11th November 2010, 9:41 am

CurlyMee wrote:@ Choctaw THANKSS! - are you suggesting amla and brahmi in oil or powder form and what's the recipe (mixture) of henna, indigo, amla and brahmi?

I don't use the amla oil for ayurvedic conditioning because I don't know the concentration of amla in the oil. I have one bottle of Dabur amla oil and it contains mineral and canola oils. I use it as pre-poo for conditioner wash or oil rinse.

I did a mix with 3.5 oz amla powder, 3 oz brahmi powder and about 2 oz jamilla henna powder overnight. My gray hairs came out dark copper. My gray hairs used to be golden blonde because I did a cassia treatment without amla. The cassia dye released and colored my gray/white hairs.

Recipe/ratios: to darken dye release
You can use 50/50 amounts of amla and brahmi powder to cassia/henna powder; or
You can use 75/25 amount of amla and brahmi powder to cassia/henna powder; or
You can use ONLY amla and brahmi powders and get conditioning, beautiful shine.

IMO its better to use 75/25 ratio of amla to cassia/henna because you don't know how strong the dye release will be. You can do strand tests but that requires more work: freeze the henna, strand test, wait for oxidation. Or you can do several strand tests at once and record formulas, etc. Henna4hair has the details of mixing colors, tests, etc.

I just want to condition my hair, increase retention and get a better twist out/braid out. I have no problems with eventual henna saturation, I just don't want to look like Ronald McDonald.

NOTE: Over time the amla and brahmi will darken your hair; these herbs are used to produce dark hair, treat pre-mature gray hairs, encourage growth.

I have not used indigo because one messy application is enough for me Laughing Laughing

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Henna For Gray Hair - Page 3 Empty henna on grey hair

Post by jadar47 15th November 2010, 11:34 pm

Thank you so much. I needed that information here in the ATL. Now I'll be

able to make a trip to the store for my henna, instead of trying to order it.

jadar47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 16th November 2010, 7:55 pm

I henna on a biwkly basis & wanted to know what can I do not to have the coppery look on my grey hair I love what it does to my hair but it makes my grey coppery Any suggestions ladies Can I add something to it to make it black or another color What shall I do affraid
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by CA*Nappy 24th November 2010, 11:44 pm

Sebastain13 wrote:I henna on a biwkly basis & wanted to know what can I do not to have the coppery look on my grey hair I love what it does to my hair but it makes my grey coppery Any suggestions ladies Can I add something to it to make it black or another color What shall I do affraid

To get the coppery color to tone done or change to black do an application of Indigo henna. Or you can also had Indigo to your first mix.

CA*Nappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3