CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

+31
natural newbie
BlondeByDesire
popsbaby
MsLizziA
SheeTacular
NaturallyLovely
Juices-n-Berries
Free2Be
Butterfly126
LuvMeLuvMyFro
NubieNatty
Karyn
bholmes87
natural83
keeboo
marbar1908
poeticlyspkng
PaganWifey
sweetdrk1
NaturallyJazzy
lena73
Hollis
Janique
KeishaMac
iri9109
tiashaunteé
BajanPrincess82
ShugAvery
Erica5417
TutuKia
ktoliver5303
35 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 15th March 2010, 12:07 pm

I am so not the touchy type. I am always very aware of personal space but someone needs a hug!

This hug is for you!

And one for you!

And one for you!
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

Post by Butterfly126 15th March 2010, 12:09 pm

@ktoliver5303:
In the words of Tyra Banks "people like to put down others because they have their own insecurities" (LOL i love Tyra!) But the girl who gave u the side eye was probably threatened by you for some reason. The best way to deal with it is to not take it personally. She probably looked at you and saw a level of flyness that she could never reach! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And to comment on the sudden negativity. It all started with ONE girl! Half of the comments have been about that ONE girl. She's been getting an unnecessary amount of attention...and for what? The negativity has spread and now everyone has gotten upset! LOL Rudeness is quite contagious, lets not catch it and spread it to others. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 15th March 2010, 12:21 pm

Hugs back at ya Luvme and I love Tyra too Butterfly126.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th March 2010, 4:28 pm

LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:I am so not the touchy type. I am always very aware of personal space but someone needs a hug!

This hug is for you!

And one for you!

And one for you!

lol! I adore you!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th March 2010, 4:38 pm

NubieNatty wrote:karyn nobody would yell at you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and its ok to agree with tutu. yes, she may have been hated on for somethin other than her naturalness but its just a certain way she couldve came off without sounding like a keyboard gangsta who hides behind no avi to identify herself. its not what u say its how u say it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I follow this nut just to laugh! Have never laid a hand on her but she is truly my ride or die chic in my head....Nubie!! I love you!! Way to bring in the comic relief! OMG I am cracking up not keyboard gangsta....You know I am rockin in my chair "ya headed for self destruction" cheers hahahahahahahahaaaaaaa where is the tip cup??
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th March 2010, 4:50 pm

BP82, I agree that hair is lovely!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 15th March 2010, 5:01 pm

NubieNattie is most definitely the homie! Gotta love her Smile
And BajanPrincess the hair is bangin!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 15th March 2010, 6:34 pm

Lol @ everyone's comments especially NubieNattie with the Krs-One comment [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 15th March 2010, 7:12 pm

Laughing

I love the internet somedays.

Sometimes people stare just to stare and if you like how you look it is what it is. Let 'em hate.

Again, PMs are wonderful.

There's pics in my BnB thread. There's a file size issue w/ the avatar and....I'm lazy. But...meh.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 15th March 2010, 9:11 pm

Um, yeah. I don't have anything to add to the original conversation or subsequent disagreements, but I do want to add that I do not have any current photos of my natural hair to use as an avatar, but I have plenty older photos with relaxed hair and will upload one right away, if that will put everyone at ease. I've tried to take cell phone photos of my current hair and had huge lighting/fuzzy issues and I don't own a digital camera...but I don't want to be lumped into a group of trolls because I don't have a personal photo as an avatar. I'll work on it. Embarassed
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 15th March 2010, 9:16 pm

Lol. It's ok Free. I don't think they were attacking her just for lack of avatar. It was just a coincidence to her foolishness. So no pressure, that's not what we are about here. You're good. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 15th March 2010, 9:25 pm

@Free2Be Lol, I'm with everything that Juices-n-Berries said. I only mentioned the avatar thing because Tutu was saying mean things and has been and I felt like she was just some teenager that came on to be mean and hide behind her computer. lol
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 15th March 2010, 10:13 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:HILARIOUS!!! @ Karyn.. Do not get me wrong there may be truth to what the teen stated by the fact of it may have not been just about my hair. TRUST no one would yell at you because of it.. I am sure you would have came up with something better to say than the rude ish the teen did. FYI you can ask me anything honey.. I knew of people working in Iraq and it was a thought for a while... My husband then got a job working out here and I was like shooo if he can do it I can too. So our kids went to stay with my mother and a year later we were able to put down 30% on a $200,000 home, purchase a car cash, and now my husband is at home in school and at home.. We call him "The Real House Wife of Baytown". (ROFLMAO [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]). I really love the fact also that I have taken vacations all over the
world. Asia, Caribbean, and Europe. I see 18 year olds out here that are civilian that save their money to get a house and car and put away for college. IMAGINE - being 18 and stacking 75 to 100 gs in less than two years!! I wish I would have started at 18 I would be BALLING!! YES we do have "INCOMING" (there is a loud siren that says that). But the doors it has opened for my family and I are well worth it.

That does sound pretty sweet lol. Money + Vacations = awesomeness[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I can't wait to travel to different continents. And LOL at "The Real Housewife of Baytown". I'm sure you miss your family a lot though (cause I know I would haha). Thanks for sharing though. Stay safe Smile

NubieNatty wrote:karyn nobody would yell at you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
and its ok to agree with tutu. yes, she may have been hated on for
somethin other than her naturalness but its just a certain way she
couldve came off without sounding like a keyboard gangsta who hides
behind no avi to identify herself. its not what u say its how u say it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
@ keyboard gangsta. Let's hope she's gone for good or else
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovely 16th March 2010, 3:05 am

ktoliver5303 wrote:hmmmm.. I do not think that the women on this site come up with "crap" by sharing a piece of themselves with us. We all as women should be comfortable in our own skin. Fortunately enough for me I know I ROCK.. I am the thickness and ugly is a state of mind that I do not have an issue with inside or out. Everyone has their bad days emotional regardless of what your hair looks like. But as a woman you learn not to side eye, be rude, or take your anger out on a complete stranger. I could care less how anyone feels about me or my hair, but this is an open forum for us to as they say during poetry night "SPEAK ON IT".

We have curlies on here that speak and never know who else on here is going through the same thing. Or know someone who has the same issue. This is a forum where women can come and vent about whatever may have effected their life hair or not.. But being it is a natural hair site, I love the support from the curlies. Some are older than others but wisdom is wisdom. It is of you to take it or not. Hence I asked the questions that I did.

***repeating***
Is there such thing as curly envy? And as a natural chica shouldn't we
be supportive?

Let me know curlies..
ROCKING OUT WIT MY FRO OUT [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@Ktoliver5303.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] thank you for showing your support to us curlies with your reply.

Yes, there is such a thing as curly envy. I get it too. From relaxed chicks, curly chicks and loc'ed chicks. You've heard the lines.... I would wear my hair like yours if it was curly too or that undercover envy... oh I would not wear my hair in it's natural state. But every time you look up you catch that same person all up in your head. Looking like a child would do when they really want a lick of your ice cream cone but say ick, chocolate ice cream is nasty. Umm hmm...ENVIOUS.

Yes, we should show one another support (just as you did). In life we all need help along the way. For so long kinky hair has been treated like it's some type of plague. When in actuality it is the most beautiful thing (because God gave it to me). With so much negativity you need some positivity.

I can not say what that chicks issue was. But Rock on sista and pop ya collar.

Last edited by NaturallyLovely on 16th March 2010, 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word correction)
NaturallyLovely
NaturallyLovely

https://www.youtube.com/LovelyTrueRed

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 16th March 2010, 8:25 am

NaturallyLovely wrote:
ktoliver5303 wrote:hmmmm.. I do not think that the women on this site come up with "crap" by sharing a piece of themselves with us. We all as women should be comfortable in our own skin. Fortunately enough for me I know I ROCK.. I am the thickness and ugly is a state of mind that I do not have an issue with inside or out. Everyone has their bad days emotional regardless of what your hair looks like. But as a woman you learn not to side eye, be rude, or take your anger out on a complete stranger. I could care less how anyone feels about me or my hair, but this is an open forum for us to as they say during poetry night "SPEAK ON IT".

We have curlies on here that speak and never know who else on here is going through the same thing. Or know someone who has the same issue. This is a forum where women can come and vent about whatever may have effected their life hair or not.. But being it is a natural hair site, I love the support from the curlies. Some are older than others but wisdom is wisdom. It is of you to take it or not. Hence I asked the questions that I did.

***repeating***
Is there such thing as curly envy? And as a natural chica shouldn't we
be supportive?

Let me know curlies..
ROCKING OUT WIT MY FRO OUT [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@Ktoliver5303.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] thank you for showing your support to us curlies with your reply.

Yes, there is such a thing as curly envy. I get it too. From relaxed chicks, curly chicks and loc'ed chicks. You've heard the lines.... I would wear my hair like yours if it was curly too or that undercover envy... oh I would not wear my hair in it's natural state. But every time you look up you catch that same person all up in your head. Looking like a child would do when they really want a lick of your ice cream cone but say ick, chocolate ice cream is nasty. Umm hmm...ENVIOUS.

Yes, we should show one another support (just as you did). In life we all need help along the way. For so long kinky hair has been treated like it's some type of plague. When in actuality it is the most beautiful thing (because God gave it to me). With so much negativity you need some positivity.

I can not say what that chicks issue was. But Rock on sista and pop ya collar.

OH YEAH!! I am ride hard for this site.. CN gang sign up ... Curlies let me here ya!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for the kind words hun. I was really taken back by the comments but I had to go back to what the initial topic was. I am about to go home on vacation [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] so if anything I will not see that chic for a while. I have seen chics side eye my sister and cousins because of their locks but I guess I have just been inducted into the flyness of naturalites now. LOL!! I do love the fact that we are a great community and that shows in how everyone came together and responded. Regardless of the thread I learn something or just the fact of knowing that I am not the only person out there with the same issues, kind of brings comfort to me. Your hair is awesome just an FYI to you and you ROCKING The shades. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@Karyn - FINISH SCHOOL FIRST!!! I have known some of my friends that work here to go to school abroad because they believe that they learn a lot from other cultures. Once you finish High School and go off to college you will get a even greater sense of self. Then travel and enjoy other cultures an practices. So you seem like a very intelligent, well-mannered, and judging by your pic beautiful girl. Keep it up lil sis!!

@ everyone else hugs, kisses, and blessing to you all.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 16th March 2010, 1:13 pm

WOW WOW WOW. I am sending everyone hugs as well. Nubbie is hilarious. I just gonna pray because there is a reason a person behaves that way.

Bajanprincess did you put the MJ on before the shea butter and coconut oil?
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th March 2010, 3:55 pm

I think the side eye was a shocker because it seems rare in the curly world. I recently had my first encounter (that I know of) with curl envy from another curly. The sad thing is that I think her hair is gorgeous - it's all full and think and has a great sheen- I compliment her all the time. I get eye rolling in return. Oh, well. I will continue to be kind, maybe some of it will rub off.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsLizziA 16th March 2010, 4:02 pm

I can't really say i experience this or ever have because i don't know many naturals... especially in the south [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MsLizziA
MsLizziA

http://strawberricurls.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 16th March 2010, 4:09 pm

@tiashauntee
How'd you get that haircolor? It's beautiful. I was looking for that color for my TWA after I chop. Thanks in advance.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th March 2010, 4:14 pm

popsbaby28 wrote:@tiashauntee
How'd you get that haircolor? It's beautiful. I was looking for that color for my TWA after I chop. Thanks in advance.

It's a combination of box dye (vivacious red) and henna. I doubt I could ever get that color again - it doesn't even have a name, lol
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 16th March 2010, 4:26 pm

NubieNatty wrote:WTF **shots fired..shots fired**

come on yall **cue KRS-One** "self-destruction, ur headed for self-destruction" **pumps fist**

lmaoooo@ the katt willilams re-enactment cuz that is surely what i thought of when i read those negative comments "feel free to hate on ME" lol. its oddly funny how the main ones who bash n etc have no Avi. yes we can agree to disagree but dmn some stuff is just plain ol' NOT called for. i think its so embarrassin for Jan to point out teenage behavior by grown folks. I almost forgot what the post was about in the first place becuz such negative foolishness is overpowering the topic at hand. stop all this east coast/west coast beef PLEASE!!

Now back to the host...KT; other curlies hate becuz maybe their not filled with the same knowledge as you possess to maintain all that gorgeousness on top of ur head. i wouldnt put it pass em! oh and as far as that "fat" comment; i like to flip it to PHAT becuz im proudly a size 16 at 5'9 and will rock stilettos higher than beyonce **puttin on single ladies leotard** dont get me started wit all THIS lusciousness we got goin on girl **turning up nose** hmph! im lookin to lose weight only to tone it up and get healthy. aint lookin to be size 2 cuz i want to maintain my soft n squishyness ya know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] soooooo on to more important news...i hear u lookin for an assistant..where do i apply, lol (actually no lol...4 real) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SMOOCHES to all and i do mean ALL of my fellow curlies with much love and respect becuz i share more of myself to yall than i do my other besties!!

THANK YOU APOLLO AND GOODNIGHT!!

You are too funny ... I love it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 16th March 2010, 6:21 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:WOW WOW WOW. I am sending everyone hugs as well. Nubbie is hilarious. I just gonna pray because there is a reason a person behaves that way.

Bajanprincess did you put the MJ on before the shea butter and coconut oil?
I put the MJ in before the shea butter/coconut oil mix.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 16th March 2010, 8:17 pm

MsLizziA wrote:I can't really say i experience this or ever have because i don't know many naturals... especially in the south [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Same here, I barely see any where I live.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by natural newbie 17th March 2010, 12:17 am

I can say the best thing to do is smile and keep it moving. That goes for the girl and the "keyboard gangsta" as well.
@tiashauntee I looooove your hair and I follow you on the butters and bars section. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
natural newbie
natural newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 17th March 2010, 1:08 am

@Natural Newbie - Thanks hun, I do the smile and friendly nod to all.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next