CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

+31
natural newbie
BlondeByDesire
popsbaby
MsLizziA
SheeTacular
NaturallyLovely
Juices-n-Berries
Free2Be
Butterfly126
LuvMeLuvMyFro
NubieNatty
Karyn
bholmes87
natural83
keeboo
marbar1908
poeticlyspkng
PaganWifey
sweetdrk1
NaturallyJazzy
lena73
Hollis
Janique
KeishaMac
iri9109
tiashaunteƩ
BajanPrincess82
ShugAvery
Erica5417
TutuKia
ktoliver5303
35 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

Post by Hollis 14th March 2010, 8:29 am

@ktoliver Lol yeah I feel you about letting it ride but this girl been talking a little bit too much mess about people whether she knows it or not and what she said in respond to your post was completely unnecessary and unacceptable. I'm a Gemini too by the way! And like you and iri9109 said this is a sisterhood a positive one at that so I don't know why she still lingers around if she can't be positive. I had to say something because it seems like she just be hiding out waiting to jump out and beef with someone all the time. Back to your post maybe that girl was jealous also because you had your hair hooked up and she didn't have it styled to great. Just a thought.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

Post by ktoliver5303 14th March 2010, 8:57 am

@Hollis - I saw that too with the beefing on her threads and commenting on others... But once you grow up and reach a certain age you start to know who you are as a person. Only people with low self-esteems lash out at someone for no reason. Honestly, I have not read her second posting, because time is something you can never get back.. so I don't waste it.. I have kids of my own to argue with much less argue with someone else's child. But I do appreciate everyone support on all of the topics I have had on here. After I found this site I pretty I have not looked for any other one. FYI your hair honey is BANGING.. I have a different texture of hair but I CAN NOT WAIT to get my hair that long! How long have you been natural cause your hair is awesome.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 14th March 2010, 9:24 am

@ktoliver You are so right she probably does have low self-esteem and it is definitely a waste of time argueing with her when we have our own children to argue with lol. Thank you for the compliment!!! I haven't had a perm since I was in high school so since about 96 or 97. I finally stopped flat ironing my hair about a year ago. The heat was killing it. I started using aubrey organics GPB Protein balancing shampoo and conditioner and that along with not flat ironing helped my hair to grow a lot! My hair was pretty damaged at one point from the flat iron. With protective styling and no heat your hair should get there in a good amount of time. I like your hair too its so nice and full!
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 14th March 2010, 10:06 am

@Hollis - with me being in Iraq and working 12 hour days 7 days a week and a full time online student..I am not up for styling. AT ALL!! LMAO!! I am going to go to my stylist when I get home in a couple of days so we can run through styles. They just re opened a braiding spot so I will be rocking protective styles from now on.. I tested a corner of my hair with a flat iron, then the next day I saw this chic with heat damage to her hair and knew flat ironing was not for me.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 14th March 2010, 10:09 am

OH YEAH @ Hollis thanks for the compliment. I am really trying to get it together..
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 14th March 2010, 2:58 pm

@ktoliver hahaha I hear you, I work 8hrs sometimes less and I'm not really up for styling half the time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . How is it in Iraq? My Mothers friend works out there and she says she likes it but I think she just goes out there cause she gets paid better. She almost died last year and didn't have to go back but she wanted to. Just curious what do you do out there? It took me almost two years before I finally got it together lol, but I didn't know about curli nikki when I started.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 14th March 2010, 3:02 pm

I work for KBR in Travel. The pay is what keeps people here. I have been here now in my 4th year. The minimum you can make as a U.S citizen is 6 gs a month. So yeah people stay out here to get things accomplish and then there are some that get the money and BURN IT!! So money is the key reason for staying out here. I am almost done soon though...
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 14th March 2010, 3:04 pm

Wow, that's a good look. If I didn't have kids I would probably be on my way out there!
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 14th March 2010, 3:15 pm

I have three kids babe and a husband. It is hard but it is helping us take a big leap forward. It is a sacrifice but It is almost over for me out here. I have three sons 12,10, and 5 (will be 6 on the 30th)
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 14th March 2010, 4:43 pm

My husband is a Soldier and was deployed 4 times to Iraq. He said that while they are getting shot at and blown up (not him personally, thank GOD) civilians have it easy out there. Is that true? The thought of even being in that region scares me!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 14th March 2010, 9:51 pm

@ktoliver, wow that's rough, I have a 2 and a 4 year old(going to be 3 and 5 the first week of May). My husband works night and I have no family in Floriday Sad. It would be impossible for me but if I could I would definitely want to take a leap forward like that as well! Is it through the army or is it a regular job?
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th March 2010, 10:24 pm

Yes a sisterhood..that's why I love this forum and all you curlies!!! All I will say to the rest is WOW!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 14th March 2010, 10:38 pm

@sweetdrk your hair looks good! I like your new profile pic!
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 14th March 2010, 11:07 pm

I actually agree with TutuKia. Just because we're natural doesn't mean we're instantly a part of some secret sisterhood that has to bond instantly upon meeting. She could have been giving you the side eye for any NUMBER of reasons and trying to figure it out is an exhausting exercise that you'd just do best to avoid.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 14th March 2010, 11:11 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:My husband is a Soldier and was deployed 4 times to Iraq. He said that while they are getting shot at and blown up (not him personally, thank GOD) civilians have it easy out there. Is that true? The thought of even being in that region scares me!

As a Navy wife your husband's viewpoint is mildly offensive. Everyone over there on behalf of America has it hard because they're a target. On land carrying a gun, on land doing support jobs or out to sea. Period. The end.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th March 2010, 11:12 pm

Hollis wrote:@sweetdrk your hair looks good! I like your new profile pic!

thank you Hollis, I tried a new technique with my WnG based on MahoganyCurls latest video.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 14th March 2010, 11:14 pm

PaganWifey, if that's what Tutukia was trying to express, she certainly could have done so without being offensive or insulting. Further, her (Tutukia's) desire that women on a hair forum talk about something other than hair seems illogical at best. Additionally, someone who has never experienced racism or other forms of oppression (as she states she has not) appears ill equipped to comment on the experiences of someone who has experienced such.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 14th March 2010, 11:16 pm

@PaganWifey I can agree with that part of what Tutukia said but I just don't think she went about it in an appropriate way. There is a way to say things while still being respectful in my opinion.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 14th March 2010, 11:34 pm

umm, yeah. glad you ladies answered kts question appropriately and the rest was handled with tact. i saw nothing positive in kia's message. it began and ended with negatives and everything in between was rhetoric. if you havent experienced it, why comment with anything other than- thats not my experience. come on, embrace the positive. sorry for the low caps, i broke my wrist...
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 14th March 2010, 11:37 pm

Erica5417 wrote:PaganWifey, if that's what Tutukia was trying to express, she certainly could have done so without being offensive or insulting. Further, her (Tutukia's) desire that women on a hair forum talk about something other than hair seems illogical at best. Additionally, someone who has never experienced racism or other forms of oppression (as she states she has not) appears ill equipped to comment on the experiences of someone who has experienced such.

Hollis wrote:@PaganWifey I can agree with that part of what Tutukia said but I just don't think she went about it in an appropriate way. There is a way to say things while still being respectful in my opinion.

I see where both of you are coming from. As someone who has seen some MEGA trolls (i've seen people faking cancer, people who are 40-something and married pretending to be 20-something and dating a solider....that was...epic) I'm just used to picking out the pertinent shit and letting the rest of the foolishness ride. I went back and re-read some of what she said and it was pretty offensive.

....If she's black she's experienced racism. Might not have noticed it might not want to admit it but she's seen it.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 14th March 2010, 11:40 pm

i just showed the first exchanges to my husband and he was like what is HER problem? my thoughts exactly.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th March 2010, 11:46 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:umm, yeah. glad you ladies answered kts question appropriately and the rest was handled with tact. i saw nothing positive in kia's message. it began and ended with negatives and everything in between was rhetoric. if you havent experienced it, why comment with anything other than- thats not my experience. come on, embrace the positive. sorry for the low caps, i broke my wrist...

sorry to hear about the wrist..now let it rest and stop typing!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 14th March 2010, 11:55 pm

i was motivated sweetdrk!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 15th March 2010, 12:06 am

I just looked at another one of her posts:
http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/just-washed-my-hair-with-t2653.htm

it's possible someone else logged into her profile and just started spewing crap because for someone who is so irritated by women talking about hair, she sure seemed excited to participate at one time.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th March 2010, 12:08 am

poeticlyspkng wrote:i was motivated sweetdrk!
no more typing!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next