CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

+31
natural newbie
BlondeByDesire
popsbaby
MsLizziA
SheeTacular
NaturallyLovely
Juices-n-Berries
Free2Be
Butterfly126
LuvMeLuvMyFro
NubieNatty
Karyn
bholmes87
natural83
keeboo
marbar1908
poeticlyspkng
PaganWifey
sweetdrk1
NaturallyJazzy
lena73
Hollis
Janique
KeishaMac
iri9109
tiashaunteƩ
BajanPrincess82
ShugAvery
Erica5417
TutuKia
ktoliver5303
35 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

Post by Hollis 15th March 2010, 12:11 am

@Erica5417 I hate to be negative but anytime she has posted something like that and gets positive feed back she never responds back to it just as she hasn't responded back to this. And there were a few other threads were she really offended a couple of other women here so that is the only reason I said something to her about her comment. I was getting so fed up with the rudeness torwards the ladies here for no reason. She could just be some teenager on here to play games lol.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

Post by poeticlyspkng 15th March 2010, 12:20 am

so true Hollis.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 15th March 2010, 12:21 am

@Hollis, I'm inclined to agree with you. Perhaps it was just my self desire to want to believe that another young woman wasn't consciously putting down her sisters. I also took her age into consideration. She's still in high school...
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 15th March 2010, 12:23 am

Check out the thread on Natural hair and Models in general and the the thread on page 2 in general also on chemical silkeners and you will see what I'm talking about.

@poeticlyspkng your supposed to be resting your wrist lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 15th March 2010, 12:28 am

@Erica I hear you, it would be nice if that were the case but unfortunately I doubt it. And I guess that's just how some teenagers are...
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by marbar1908 15th March 2010, 12:43 am

@Hollis hand claps. raises roof. bankhead bounce. etc. needed to be said. we should all be abt positivity and sending good vibes. some people are so closed minded and believe their way is the only right way. they just need to take the ignorance caps off and let the open mindedness flow...

kudos.

& i forgot who started this topic but honey keep your head up. some people just have nasty demeanors and look at everyone like they just smelled dog and horse poop mixed with fish. but if she only looked at you that way.... well katt williams said it best. your job is to get haters (i hate to use that word but it was so funny) if you have 6 now, you need to have 12 by may! Very Happy
marbar1908
marbar1908

http://perilsofmylife.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 15th March 2010, 12:46 am

PaganWifey wrote:
BajanPrincess82 wrote:My husband is a Soldier and was deployed 4 times to Iraq. He said that while they are getting shot at and blown up (not him personally, thank GOD) civilians have it easy out there. Is that true? The thought of even being in that region scares me!

As a Navy wife your husband's viewpoint is mildly offensive. Everyone over there on behalf of America has it hard because they're a target. On land carrying a gun, on land doing support jobs or out to sea. Period. The end.

After being an active-duty Soldier for 16 1/2 yrs and being deployed to Iraq 4 times, I seriously doubt he cares who gets offended by his viewpoint. Anway his point is that while he was always out on missions there are people that never leave the FOB and have it easier. He picks on civilians because 1. I am one, and 2. They make like three times the money he makes, while he's in three times the danger they are in.

Twice while out on missions his platoon got blown up. Thank God he was not in either vehicle that got hit. My post wasn't meant to offend you (not even sure how it did or would), it was meant to ask the original poster how her experience in Iraq has been. It can't be too too bad if she's been there for 4 yrs by choice, gets paid 6 figures tax free, and is blogging from the comforts of her room/office/etc...

I pray for EVERYONE over there and hope that they come home safely regardless of the job they do.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 15th March 2010, 12:50 am

I'm going to bind the spirit of divisiveness that entered this thread some time ago-- in Jesus' name.

...and I appreciate all of the men and women who choose to serve in any manner.
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by keeboo 15th March 2010, 1:00 am

Hmmmm, I might be way off but I think that chick might have Hater-love-itis.
Simply coveting one of your attributes/seeing competition and being too
petty to handle her feelings. Then again the reason for her hairy eye
balls could be way off field...she could be sick, having a hard time with something personal, or just don't like the way you look at her. Either way, You made the effort and she still behaved poorly. I say forget her sullen behind and keep doing you.
keeboo
keeboo

http://pettybo.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 15th March 2010, 1:04 am

@BajanPrincess

Your attitude was unneeded and it kind of proves part of Kia's point so....feel about that however you want to. If you'd like to speak to only one poster, allow me to point out the lovely PM feature that this message board has. It's located underneath each poster's avatar 2nd icon in from the left. Smile
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 15th March 2010, 1:05 am

This topic is very interesting! You would think we wouldn't go through these types of issues with other naturals, but I honestly believe that "Curl Envy" does exist! In @ktoliver5303's situation, if there were other females in the room, and this chick picks her out to side-eye, and they were the only naturals, then clearly she was beefing over hair! I mean, it could've been another reason, but Im sure that hair was it! "Curl Envy" to me can exist in being that another curly may be jealous of your texture, length, thickness...the list can go on and on! That's a shame though because I feel if I see someone's hair that I adore, Im going to ask them about their regimen so I can get some tips to better my own hair! LOL! Which is what we all do here on this forum!

Also, when I was reading @Tutukia's response, I was like wow, so negative! For a minute, I thought she may have been the girl that was doing the side-eyeing! LOL! I mean seriously, she came off pretty hard, and there was no need for that! We are all about embracing each other on here...keep the negativity for them other sites! We don't do that here!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 15th March 2010, 1:22 am

@ PaganWifey - Wow. Who has the attitude? My response was simply to explain my point. Have a blessed night.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 15th March 2010, 1:27 am

Hollis wrote:@Erica I hear you, it would be nice if that were the case but unfortunately I doubt it. And I guess that's just how some teenagers are...

It's unfortunate that some teens act that way, because teens who act like this become adults who also display ignorant attitudes...I'm just glad I wasn't one of them.....
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 15th March 2010, 1:36 am

I wouldn't even have to say it has all to do with her being a teen. Sometimes folks overreact because they're anticipating a certain reaction. Like I was on one site and anytime I disagreed with someone it was because I was young or the Devil had a hold of me. Couldn't be just because I...I dunno....disagreed. HAD to be something else.

Something that comes with experience, life, age and all of that jazz is after a while you just don't care what other people think.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 15th March 2010, 1:41 am

love your hair in the new avatar BajanPrincess. What did you do?
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by marbar1908 15th March 2010, 2:20 am

Erica5417 wrote:love your hair in the new avatar BajanPrincess. What did you do?

i agree gal it's really pretty. Do tell!
marbar1908
marbar1908

http://perilsofmylife.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 15th March 2010, 2:25 am

Is everyone okay on this thread? There seems to be a lot of hostility, not just disagreement but anger. From my experience on this site, that was NOT the intent of CN.com ... Let's bring the positivity back!!! Not to say that we can't disagree because by all means we're going to have different opinions. But we should at least argue like adults in a respectful manner Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 15th March 2010, 3:57 am

WOWZA!!! When I went to sleep the convo was back on a positive note but now this. Ladies REALLY?

**KEY POINT**
@ keeboo - LMAO @ Hairy eye ball.. But you are not off key at all.

@ Natural83 - I completely understand where you are coming from. If the room as filled with naturals then I would have said something different. But it was 4 this older lady that has been natural for 4 years ( I know because I talk to her on a regular), a lady that was rocking a fade (ROCKING), The side eye girl, and myself. She cant side eye the other older lady because....She out ranks her in the military. I also thought that kia was the girl but I remembered she was having boy issues in school because she did not understand why black boys didnt like her hair or something like that. You are rocking tha hair and shades mama.

@Bhomle71 - I was just thinking the same thing. We do need to stay positive and keep the negativity out. I was also like... "are yall ok?"

@ Poeticlyspkng - STOP IT.. and rest your wrist. You are adorable and I LOVE to read your comments and post you have always have had a positive and bubbly spirit.. I really hope you get better honey.

@ Bajanprincess82 - I am going to start off by saying I LOVE YOUR HAIR.. You do have to tell how you you did that because your hair is BANGING!! I completely understand and agree where your husband is coming from. We are here to support the troops but at the end of the day we have it way better than they do. I get paid more money, get more vacations, have my own room wit a queen size bed, cable tv, and own bathroom. Where your husband may end up in a tent, go home maybe once a year, and does not get paid very well (depending on the rank). I UNDERSTAND what you are stating and your husband is valid in feeling that way. I make it out here because as I told Hollis it gives my family a head start. We are a young couple with kids and we have and are making goals. My husband graduates in July I should be home for good in September.

@Hollis - GURL WHAT HAPPENED!! LMAO!! We were doing great, now this.. You are correct in stating about the negativity. I believe it was Erica that pointed out the fact that there is no need to be rude or offensive.

@ paganwifey-....... I am taken back at something that Hollis stated earlier about kia not having an avatar up. I think back to that and realize the two chics that have been oh so negative does not have an avatar up. Literally kia stopped talking and you came back wit more negative ish in her defense and wit your own ish.(you looking real sus) It is ok to disagree but you are being flat out rude. I let the teenager make it but you are grown and you have your opinions that can be shared. If we agree or not that is up to us but we are NOT going to be disrespected, talked down too, or attacked. Bajanprincess was 1. NOT TALKING TO YOU.. she was asking me about my time spent in Iraq and the difference between civilian contractors and the military. 2. Please note that she can only speak for the soldiers because.... HER HUSBAND IS ONE!! Her husband told her what every branch of the military that I have talked to said before. Trust and believe the Navy that has served time in Iraq feels the SAME WAY!! (you said your husband is in the Navy ASK HIM). HOW you saw the opportunity to get offended is on...hmmm.. YOU.. I do appreciate you for letting us know that you act like this on other sites, because honey if other sites and this site is telling you that your attitude is half past ignorant.. You may need to check your ish and then come back when you center yourself on a positive note. I have always enjoyed these threads and between you and the teen just makes me shake my head.

**ENDING POSITIVE***

With that being said I do appreciate all of the help with my initial topic. It is funny that as one responds I can look at their hair like yeah.. That style is hot and I will try that, or people give helpful hints. I just told the ladies on another thread that my husband may have made a new friend in the delivery guy with all of the products I have been getting. LMAO!! I plan on doing more styles and if I see that girl again I will continue to do what I did before. Smile and give a friendly NOD.. I know most of you are sleeping but It is morning time here in Iraq. You ladies have a wonderful night.. Bajanprincess... when you wake up... dish on the hair chica... You ladies are beautiful as far as I can see most of all inside and out..
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 15th March 2010, 4:12 am

Although I agree with Tutukia to some extent (that it may not have been curl envy; girls/women can really go hard with the stares - it's hard to tell what they're grilling you for), I won't defend her or anything. I don't want anyone yelling at me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I only briefly read about you working in Iraq, and this may be a bit personal, but why'd you decide to work over there? The idea of being over there (even if you aren't in the military) scares the crap outta me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

OH, one last thing: You have a pretty smile Smile

Edit: Sorry about the smiley overload hahaha
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th March 2010, 4:15 am

WTF **shots fired..shots fired**

come on yall **cue KRS-One** "self-destruction, ur headed for self-destruction" **pumps fist**

lmaoooo@ the katt willilams re-enactment cuz that is surely what i thought of when i read those negative comments "feel free to hate on ME" lol. its oddly funny how the main ones who bash n etc have no Avi. yes we can agree to disagree but dmn some stuff is just plain ol' NOT called for. i think its so embarrassin for Jan to point out teenage behavior by grown folks. I almost forgot what the post was about in the first place becuz such negative foolishness is overpowering the topic at hand. stop all this east coast/west coast beef PLEASE!!

Now back to the host...KT; other curlies hate becuz maybe their not filled with the same knowledge as you possess to maintain all that gorgeousness on top of ur head. i wouldnt put it pass em! oh and as far as that "fat" comment; i like to flip it to PHAT becuz im proudly a size 16 at 5'9 and will rock stilettos higher than beyonce **puttin on single ladies leotard** dont get me started wit all THIS lusciousness we got goin on girl **turning up nose** hmph! im lookin to lose weight only to tone it up and get healthy. aint lookin to be size 2 cuz i want to maintain my soft n squishyness ya know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] soooooo on to more important news...i hear u lookin for an assistant..where do i apply, lol (actually no lol...4 real) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SMOOCHES to all and i do mean ALL of my fellow curlies with much love and respect becuz i share more of myself to yall than i do my other besties!!

THANK YOU APOLLO AND GOODNIGHT!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th March 2010, 4:19 am

karyn nobody would yell at you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and its ok to agree with tutu. yes, she may have been hated on for somethin other than her naturalness but its just a certain way she couldve came off without sounding like a keyboard gangsta who hides behind no avi to identify herself. its not what u say its how u say it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 15th March 2010, 5:14 am

HILARIOUS!!! @ Karyn.. Do not get me wrong there may be truth to what the teen stated by the fact of it may have not been just about my hair. TRUST no one would yell at you because of it.. I am sure you would have came up with something better to say than the rude ish the teen did. FYI you can ask me anything honey.. I knew of people working in Iraq and it was a thought for a while... My husband then got a job working out here and I was like shooo if he can do it I can too. So our kids went to stay with my mother and a year later we were able to put down 30% on a $200,000 home, purchase a car cash, and now my husband is at home in school and at home.. We call him "The Real House Wife of Baytown". (ROFLMAO [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]). I really love the fact also that I have taken vacations all over the
world. Asia, Caribbean, and Europe. I see 18 year olds out here that are civilian that save their money to get a house and car and put away for college. IMAGINE - being 18 and stacking 75 to 100 gs in less than two years!! I wish I would have started at 18 I would be BALLING!! YES we do have "INCOMING" (there is a loud siren that says that). But the doors it has opened for my family and I are well worth it.

***NUBIENATTY*** YOU GOT ME DYING LAUGHING IN MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW!! I LOVE your personality and how you called it exactly what it is. When she said fat.. I remembered how she said she was a kinda ackward skinny she defined herself as "just cute". Where as me and my plethora rock it. A guy told me last week that I walk around with such confidence it is unreal. I was like why.. cause I am pretty?.. He just looked at me like damn she just said it like that... I gave him this look like.. you don't know, google me boo I am a star.. Soooo, I don't have man problems and since we quoting Beyonce, I got a man, he liked it and he put a RING ON IT..(LEFT HAND IN THE AIR)

Dancing to "Single Ladies" at the Ole School Party(sorry for the blurriness)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have been in Iraq for 4 years and wearing tennis shoes and boots so the heels KILL ME when I get home. BUT.. Beauty is PAIN and so I still wear them. My husband did though warn me that I am not able to purchase no more shoes because I have 5 shoes for one outfit. (but I have a cart with dollhouse.com with these BAD purple stilettos). I am the same size 16 but you are taller than me I am only 5'3".. (no vertically challenged jokes please). But yes honey, We thinkems that have a sense of self-pride don't let anyone calling us FAT offend us. I AM THE THICKNESS!! AND WE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 15th March 2010, 10:32 am

OK, ya'll got me crackin up this morning.

Thank you for the compliments! The hairstyle in my avatar is a braidout that I did a day after my 2nd henna application. I used Ms. Jessie's Curly Meringue (don't use it often, but its so expensive that I WILL be using it all) and my shea butter/coconut oil mixture to braid/set it, put rods on the ends and let it dry overnight. I think I had about 12 braids in. That was my best hair day ever. I know you didn't ask for all this, but here is the side and back view. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 15th March 2010, 10:48 am

Yeah your hair is Banging! Thanks for the tips on how we too can get your hair. LOL!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 15th March 2010, 11:28 am

NubieNatty wrote:WTF **shots fired..shots fired**

come on yall **cue KRS-One** "self-destruction, ur headed for self-destruction" **pumps fist**

lmaoooo@ the katt willilams re-enactment cuz that is surely what i thought of when i read those negative comments "feel free to hate on ME" lol. its oddly funny how the main ones who bash n etc have no Avi. yes we can agree to disagree but dmn some stuff is just plain ol' NOT called for. i think its so embarrassin for Jan to point out teenage behavior by grown folks. I almost forgot what the post was about in the first place becuz such negative foolishness is overpowering the topic at hand. stop all this east coast/west coast beef PLEASE!!

Now back to the host...KT; other curlies hate becuz maybe their not filled with the same knowledge as you possess to maintain all that gorgeousness on top of ur head. i wouldnt put it pass em! oh and as far as that "fat" comment; i like to flip it to PHAT becuz im proudly a size 16 at 5'9 and will rock stilettos higher than beyonce **puttin on single ladies leotard** dont get me started wit all THIS lusciousness we got goin on girl **turning up nose** hmph! im lookin to lose weight only to tone it up and get healthy. aint lookin to be size 2 cuz i want to maintain my soft n squishyness ya know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] soooooo on to more important news...i hear u lookin for an assistant..where do i apply, lol (actually no lol...4 real) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SMOOCHES to all and i do mean ALL of my fellow curlies with much love and respect becuz i share more of myself to yall than i do my other besties!!

THANK YOU APOLLO AND GOODNIGHT!!
lol! lol! lol! lol!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next