CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

+31
natural newbie
BlondeByDesire
popsbaby
MsLizziA
SheeTacular
NaturallyLovely
Juices-n-Berries
Free2Be
Butterfly126
LuvMeLuvMyFro
NubieNatty
Karyn
bholmes87
natural83
keeboo
marbar1908
poeticlyspkng
PaganWifey
sweetdrk1
NaturallyJazzy
lena73
Hollis
Janique
KeishaMac
iri9109
tiashaunteƩ
BajanPrincess82
ShugAvery
Erica5417
TutuKia
ktoliver5303
35 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

Post by Karyn 17th March 2010, 2:04 am

ktoliver5303 wrote:
@Karyn - FINISH SCHOOL FIRST!!! I have known some of my friends that work here to go to school abroad because they believe that they learn a lot from other cultures. Once you finish High School and go off to college you will get a even greater sense of self. Then travel and enjoy other cultures an practices. So you seem like a very intelligent, well-mannered, and judging by your pic beautiful girl. Keep it up lil sis!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thanks for the good advice and compliments!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Why did I get the side eye from a CURLY!!

Post by Poundcake921 20th March 2010, 1:57 pm

I know I'm mad late but I just wanted to say that I see naturals all the time in the street (live in nyc) and I smile at them like "yeah we carry a special secret!" and I either get a blank look back, eyes divert somewhere else, or just a stank look.....I haven't felt embraced at all by the natural community except here on natural hair forums.....but I don't let it get to me...just keep it movin and hope that eventually I will get that smile back in return!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th March 2010, 2:14 pm

Maybe that's just the NYC swag. Lol. Plus I think New York is more fashion forward and there are lots of naturals so it's no big deal. When I see one in Houston we smile like we are part of some secret society. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 20th March 2010, 7:15 pm

@juices and berries....love the new avatar...sassy! Yeah ure prob rite...in nyc u have a gammut of everything so its really hard to stand out but still can I get a wink wink and a smile too! Loll
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 20th March 2010, 7:18 pm

@Poundcake

You must not have seen me yet, cause I'm always smiling and grinning at naturals lol.

Btw, I'm from Jamaica too. Woo!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 20th March 2010, 7:24 pm

Holla jamaica queens in the house!! I have to search u out on the ave! Lollll!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 20th March 2010, 7:40 pm

Lol, I hardly go anymore (only to visit my grandma or dad). If I'm in that area, I'm just waiting for the bus hahah
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 20th March 2010, 8:14 pm

@Juices-n-Berries: man i need to get to the side of Houston you're at! on my side i smile and I get Neutral. lol

*sigh* At least I have online communities Smile

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 20th March 2010, 10:22 pm

@Poundcake and Karyn I'm from Queens too! Hollis, Queens hence the name!
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 21st March 2010, 3:40 am

idreamof wrote:@Juices-n-Berries: man i need to get to the side of Houston you're at! on my side i smile and I get Neutral. lol

*sigh* At least I have online communities Smile

It IS great to have a natural community to talk too!! I am only in Houston for a short time frame, but I smile when I usually start convos wit the H-Town Curlies I went home in December and had NO PRODUCT so of course my mental was off by a MILE. So I was at the Breakfast Club (I go everytime I am at home) and there were two curlies there and as they were leaving I asked them where can I get stuff from and they were very nice and helpful. So If I am around and you smile at me I will def smile back! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by * 22nd March 2010, 1:53 pm

NubieNatty wrote:karyn nobody would yell at you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and its ok to agree with tutu. yes, she may have been hated on for somethin other than her naturalness but its just a certain way she couldve came off without sounding like a keyboard gangsta who hides behind no avi to identify herself. its not what u say its how u say it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KEYBOARD GANGSTA'S [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , that is too cute, gotta use that

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 22nd March 2010, 4:41 pm

@Hollis! Holla at Hollis representing! loll!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 22nd March 2010, 11:09 pm

@Poundcake921 aight no doubt! lol
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by backtonatural 8th April 2010, 2:20 am

This was nice to read, ktolliver and I'm glad people started supprting you bcuz I was nervous at first when I read the 1st response - LOL. I think I will like it here on CN! Very Happy

I started a little group on FB called Back to Natural (Hair) and we are VERY supportive & positive and it is FUN. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=292580&id=100000125573946#!/group.php?gid=247026591473&ref=ts

I love being natural....almost FOUR months in (4/23). Yippee! Very Happy
backtonatural
backtonatural

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=247026591473&ref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5