CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in!

+50
Serenity23
ktoliver5303
Vee
.:Eden:.
neethair
Nikcoils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
lovesunshine17
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
Muz
MellowOne
truet
LaToya28
Karyn
mstokes2008
mochamoments
poeticlyspkng
Yellagirlcurls
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
NubieNatty
MahoganyCurls
SimplyShainee
CocoEuro
Shauny
Cherry: extraordinary!
d.denise
tiashaunteƩ
AfrikanLatina
p_nuttie43
missmoriah
TerraD
curly+kinky+fierce
Mz. Thang
krazy coils
FemmeFox
MsJay1121
Pinkrage
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
Curlz of Luv
BlondeByDesire
Juices-n-Berries
StephanieB
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
54 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Empty Re: bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 11th February 2010, 10:36 pm

What is the "bad" product you used for your twists.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Empty Re: bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in!

Post by bholmes87 11th February 2010, 10:49 pm

Ummmm .... there was a beauty supply store that was closing in San Diego and everything was half priced so my PJ behind went in looking for any and everything! I was in there for almost an hour - and that was the second time I'd been there!! All I know was that it looked thick and creamy and shea butter was pretty close to the top of the ingredient list. I'll put the name and brand and all that stuff up when I get home Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th February 2010, 10:58 pm

Hi BHomlmes,

Love your hair and your twistouts are awesome!! When you co-washed with twists did any of them come apart?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 11th February 2010, 11:49 pm

Hey Lady love your hair you are so creative..... bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Icon_smile
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th February 2010, 3:44 am

Wow, your twists after the cowash came out very nice. bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th February 2010, 3:53 am

krazy coils wrote:Hi BHolmes,

Love your hair and your twistouts are awesome!! When you co-washed with twists did any of them come apart?

Thank you krazy coils!!! When I co-washed all of the twists stayed twisted surprisingly. I thought they would come unravelled but they stayed intact Smile

Mz. Thang wrote:Hey Lady love your hair you are so creative..... bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Icon_smile

Hello dear! Thank you Smile I get all my ideas from youtube and fotki so I can't really take credit for them ... lol but I do have fun with my hair!! Can I just say that your hair is FREAKIN FABULOUS!!! I love the pics you put up ♥

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Wow, your twists after the cowash came out very nice. bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Embarassed Embarassed

Thanks love! I'm so glad it turned out well because I was so curious as to what it would do. Plus I didn't really want to do anything to my hair yet so I was crossing my fingers ... lol I love you

Last edited by bholmes87 on 12th February 2010, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 12th February 2010, 12:54 pm

I love your twists and twist out. Very cute! I don't have the patience for small twists plus i don't know how to make them all the same size.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th February 2010, 3:03 pm

Thanks Pink! I don't know how often I'll do the small twists either cuz it was testing my patience big time!!! lol and believe me they were ALL different sizes. I'm not consistent with how big or small they are but somehow it looks pretty uniform Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th February 2010, 5:49 pm

Well curlies, IT'S FRIDAY!!! Hopefully the work week is over for everyone and you've all been having fierce hair days all week (and from the looks of your threads, YOU ARE!) Smile

So here's what's going on with my hair today. I took my twists out yesterday morning and when I went to sleep, I just put some oil moisturizer lotion on the ends, put on my satin bonnet, and knocked out!!! Here's what my hair was looking like after taking off the bonnet.

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Photo219

The front, difficult section had ZERO definition even though I twisted it for the night. Sooooo I just put a random, sloppy flat twist in the front and pinned it in place.

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Photo220

Then I spritzed it with the mixture I use to do my twists, shook a few times, and was out the door!!!

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Photo221
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Photo222

So that's what my hair is looking like today. Stay curly and live blessed in the FOG (favor of God) Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 12th February 2010, 6:00 pm

well..because im at work i cant see any pics! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Icon_evil BUT i will sure check u out when i get home bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th February 2010, 9:07 pm

The cowashing of the twists worked out great! It looks amazing!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 12th February 2010, 9:13 pm

ur twist are so juicy!!!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th February 2010, 9:22 pm

man your twist, medium, small, or smedium all looked great!!! I love it!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th February 2010, 10:20 pm

TerraD wrote:The cowashing of the twists worked out great! It looks amazing!

Thanks Terra! I'll definitely be doing that again because I loved the results Smile

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:ur twist are so juicy!!!

Just how I like em! lol thank you love!!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:man your twist, medium, small, or smedium all looked great!!! I love it!!

cheers thank you Sweet!! That's why they're one of my fav styles! Gotta love twists Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th February 2010, 1:52 am

yOUR CURLS LOOK GOOD , MOMMA bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 13th February 2010, 2:54 am

@IntelligentBeauty: Thank you so much hun!! I'm still counting down the days with you til that chop chop Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th February 2010, 11:14 am

You are soo wearing the twist and twist out styles. I'm very impressed with the fact that you were able to co-wash and not one twist came lose.

I love the puff and pearls picture...it is a very classy look on you.

Thanks for the prayers as we know prayer works. My son is feeling much better today. Hia head is hurting...but the worse is over now... woot!

I'm going to check out your Fotki later!!!

Happy Valentine Day!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 13th February 2010, 7:39 pm

Thank you KNH!!! I'm impressed with the twists not coming aloose too! lol I had never tried it before but it was a good idea Smile

That's a blessing that your son is feeling better!!! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 879602

Do you have a fotki so so I can check yours out too??
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th February 2010, 5:08 am

Sooooo I tried something new this weekend and I think it worked out really well!

I saw a video by chisellecouture on youtube (www.youtube.com/chisellecouture) and she wrapped her natural hair to get the effect of a blow out. Her hair is much longer than mine but it worked out pretty well! This is what I did:

On Friday night I wet my hair and then put some White Rain conditioner on it (a very watery conditioner, similar in texture to V05) and detangled a little bit. Then I wrapped my hair. It was pretty difficult but I made it work!! I went to sleep with my hair faux wrapped so that it could dry.

When I woke up this morning I loosened my hair and then combed it out with a wide toothed comb. It looked like a big fluffy afro and was super soft! I couldn't decide what to do for awhile but I eventually settled on trying a dry twist out since I've never tried it before Smile

At first I was planning on leaving the twists in all day and not taking them out until tomorrow, but since I don't have a Valentine (don't cry for me! lol) I decided to take the twists out when they dried. It was extremely hot here in Riverside, at least compared to the snow everyone else has been having. It was about 75 degrees or so. When they dried I took the twists out, fluffed and had a great do!! This is what I used on my dry, fairly stretched hair to twist:

- carrot oil creme
- 2 different oil moisturizers
- Nexxus Humectress conditioner
- Hot 6 oil
- EVOO
- Infusium 23
- IC Fantasia shea butter strengthening hairdress

This mixture kind of made some sort of of curly pudding and worked really well. So that's all the fun I had with my hair this weekend! I'll post pictures on Monday Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 14th February 2010, 1:25 pm

Can't wait to see pics!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 14th February 2010, 2:34 pm

Me either! I bet your hair feels like butter!!!! =)
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th February 2010, 8:20 pm

TerraD wrote:Can't wait to see pics!

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Me either! I bet your hair feels like butter!!!! =)

I'll definitely have some pics up tomorrow!!! And yeah my hair was feeling like buttah for sure CurlieCutes! lol
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 15th February 2010, 4:27 pm

It's a great Monday morning and I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day weekend!!!! I had the best valentine's every, sorry to burst anyone's bubble, because his name is Jesus Christ!!!!

woot! dance run

Anyhoo I went to our Homecoming bonfire on Friday night (I know that's usually reserved for high school but it was fun!) and I still had my hair in the twist out. I got to ride a mechanical bull!! But it only lasted about 7 seconds. lol

Saturday I tried something new. Everything I did is in an earlier post if you want to get all the details. Here's the pics:

So I co-washed my hair with White Rain conditioner
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Photo223

Then I tried to wrap my hair for a blow out effect which I saw chisellecouture from youtube do in a recent video
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Photo224

I combed my hair with a wide toothed comb
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Photo225

Then I decided to try a dry twist out for the first time with a mixture of different oil moisturizers and oils and conditioner
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Photo226

Originally I wanted to keep them in until Sunday because I was going to an Israel & New Breed concert for V-day but it was so hot Saturday that the twists dried when I was walking to the library and when I got to my friend's house I took the twists out
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Photo227

Then I fluffed and separated and had a style (even though I wasn't going anywhere. lol)
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 3 Dry_tw10

So that's what I did with my hair this weekend Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 15th February 2010, 4:37 pm

Nice, it looks extra moisturized!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 15th February 2010, 5:26 pm

Bholmes87: I am lovin your hair right now.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next