CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

truet- long time no see

+15
sweetdrk1
StephanieB
adiaha
MahoganyCurls
Kea::curls
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
lovesunshine17
HumanNature
ChrsLvsBks
CocoEuro
beautifuleyez
SheeTacular
tiashaunteé
truet
19 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

truet- long time no see Empty truet- long time no see

Post by truet 13th November 2009, 9:35 pm

Hi, first I like to say that I have been natural for 1 yr and 2 months. I first had a perm when I was fourteen and broke of my hair never had one again. After that I have been burning my hair with flat irons and pressing combs but all that stop a year a go.I cut off about 4-5 in in the back and alot more in the front. keeping hair in twist has helped my hair grow a lot I no wear my hair in twist and braids.

My goal is to cont. to wear my twist until dec. 20th I had them in since oct. 30th. this is a long dedication for me for i suffer from HTF. so for so good.

peace

Last edited by truet on 3rd May 2010, 7:44 pm; edited 10 times in total
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see Empty Re: truet- long time no see

Post by tiashaunteé 14th November 2009, 12:43 am

Good luck with keeping in the twist, that is one of my goals - to keep a hairstyle longer than two weeks.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see Empty finally throw away the flat iron

Post by truet 15th November 2009, 4:52 pm

since i began my natural journey in september 08
my first step of going natural i throw away my pressing
than the blow drow and brush
I told myself in August2009 that I would throw away my flat Iron. but I did not. Last night as I was cleaning up I found that flat iron with dust on it and said I dont need you and throw it in the trash now as cheap as Iam I know there is no turning back. truet- long time no see Icon_razz
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 18th November 2009, 7:38 pm

My challenge is going great I only have little over 30 days than I get to take these twist out I will use tones of vo5 conditioner take take down easily. I will post pics pretty soon.
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see Empty here are some pics of my hair

Post by truet 21st November 2009, 7:57 pm

[img][/img]truet- long time no see Hair_111
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 21st November 2009, 8:06 pm

trying to upload
it work now this is a pic of my best twist ever. look at the date I will post a pic of my twist now latter
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 21st November 2009, 8:34 pm

Your twist are cute. I struggle to keep them in for a week. You are doing great.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see Empty my fav pic of my twist out

Post by truet 21st November 2009, 10:53 pm

truet- long time no see Pict0011

this is a pic of me in my twist out.
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see Empty I cant take these twist anymore

Post by truet 23rd November 2009, 8:06 pm

truet- long time no see Icon_sad I was going to keep my twist until dec 20th they been in my hair since oct 30th. I think I will take them out this thanks giving weekend. I will say this has been the longest I keep my hair in protective styling i dont know. truet- long time no see Icon_rolleyes
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 23rd November 2009, 8:18 pm

Very cute twists! I have a hard time keeping my hair up to. Keep up the good work!
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see Empty got some new product from sally's

Post by truet 24th November 2009, 6:11 pm

I post my question on the general board title trying new product. Anywho I got this product from Sally's callend Henn 'n' Placenta. It has alot of ingridents. I hope it works it says use once a week but that will not fit in with my routine. Im going to try it out this weekend or at the end of the week. I will post my comments and poss. some pics of the results. Wish me good luck
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 24th November 2009, 6:15 pm

truet wrote:I post my question on the general board title trying new product. Anywho I got this product from Sally's callend Henn 'n' Placenta. It has alot of ingridents. I hope it works it says use once a week but that will not fit in with my routine. Im going to try it out this weekend or at the end of the week. I will post my comments and poss. some pics of the results. Wish me good luck

about your new product...read this article https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/health-and-fitness-f5/african-american-hair-products-and-cancer-t734.htm
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 24th November 2009, 6:26 pm

thank you cocoeuro on the info you gave me about my new hair product here i was worrying about my hair turning out right did even consider my health truet- long time no see Icon_rolleyes . I will take the info you gave me into much consideration
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see Empty Took out 3.5 week twist

Post by truet 25th November 2009, 9:48 pm

I took out my twist last night(24th) and i actually glad I did even though I broke my challenge.
But some of my hair especially in the middle began to lock. I used oil and water to detangel and my water bottle did not wet hair all the way because I was cold and tired. Since I co-wash the day before I figure my hair is pretty much clean beacuse I dont use much products only water,oil,and conditioner. Well now I have 15-20 big twist and I not sure if I plan on doing anything else since I will be out of school pretty soon. Who knows. I try not to muliplate my hair that much so who knows. Peace
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see Empty 2nd twist out

Post by truet 26th November 2009, 7:23 pm

Happy Thanksgiving. Today I tried my second twist out since I been natural. As I mention before I put about 15-20 twist in my hair. took them out and put some smooth 'n shine polishing in my hair to give it a littel shine. Here are some picts truet- long time no see 2nd_tw11
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 26th November 2009, 7:24 pm

truet- long time no see Twist_10

another pic
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 7:41 pm

Looks good! Keep it up!

I know what you mean about the hair starting the lock when you leave your twists in for a while. What did you do to maintain them? Did you oil your scalp and separate each twist one by one? I don't mean take them down, but did you run your fingers through each part, kinda like lift each one up from the root and make sure they aren't starting to join together? I notice that my twists sometimes try to join forces with the other twists around them, if I'm not careful. But I have learned to oil my scalp and make sure to separate each twist from it's neighbor after they have been in for a while. Also, this is a great time to do a scalp massage!

I hope you understand what I am saying, it's kinda hard to explain without being able to do a demonstration!

HTH, Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 2:18 pm

Truet, you have a beautiful smile and pearly white teeth.

Your twist out looks good. Have you tried other products other than smooth n shine polishing for shine?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 27th November 2009, 4:28 pm

thanks ChrsLvsBksks for the compliments. This was the first time I used that product Im not much of a product junkie but Im looking for something that gives me nice shine and smootheness I love your hair in your avatar very nice what products do you use that would give me shine and smootheness.
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see Empty dry twist

Post by truet 27th November 2009, 4:45 pm

So after I had way tooooooooooooo much food. I fell a sleep lol. I notice that my twist out was a little messy but still look okay so I decided to just put them back in twist. Dry twist no pain took my time. One benifit from dry twist is that the show more length which is great truet- long time no see Icon_biggrin , I think doing twist with wet hair is more safer because you hair is being protected by water. Other than that I did not have much shedding. I might keep them dry for a couple more days than wet my hair.

Peace
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see Empty Hair goals at the end of this challenge

Post by truet 29th November 2009, 2:50 pm

At the end of this great contest which is in April my birthday month. I hope my hair stretch reaches it goal. My hair stretch in the front touches my nose. goal bottom lip or chin
my hair in the back toches just below my collar bone goal about 3-4 more inches nearing my chest area. I hope I will see some improvement. I never strecht my hair before until I read it somewhere. I though my hair was not growing but I realize I have a lot of shirnkage. My goal for my hair unstretch would be to touch my shoulders may be sometime in the summer. It is around my neck area.
Oh yeah also to keep it healthy truet- long time no see Icon_biggrin
peace
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 29th November 2009, 6:38 pm

Whatz up T,

Your growth is GREAT! For moisture you should try Nexxus Phyto Organics Luxxtress Leave In Hair Moisturizer. Nexxus also has a Natural Oil Replinisher that is pretty good for a nice shine.

Love Ya
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 1st December 2009, 12:59 am

Last night I wash my hair with sleek and shine by garnier fructis. It was nice and slilky love this brand. My hair is in a new set of twist this time smaller than previous. They started out as dry twist but than I washed them this sunday and now they shrunk. truet- long time no see Icon_eek truet- long time no see 60308426235_220x220_a
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see Empty twist are still in hair

Post by truet 2nd December 2009, 1:15 am

so anyways with finals coming near I still have my new set of twist in my hair as of 26 of nov. I really not paying attention to my hair right now because i have papers to do. But Im very proud that i am able to put my hair in a high ponytail in its natural state in twist I was not able to do this a year a go truet- long time no see Icon_biggrin .

well that is it for today may something new will happen at the end of the week truet- long time no see Icon_cool

peace
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 3rd December 2009, 1:00 am

same old same old most likely nonthing new until winter break truet- long time no see Icon_evil
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next