CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in!

+50
Serenity23
ktoliver5303
Vee
.:Eden:.
neethair
Nikcoils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
lovesunshine17
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
Muz
MellowOne
truet
LaToya28
Karyn
mstokes2008
mochamoments
poeticlyspkng
Yellagirlcurls
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
NubieNatty
MahoganyCurls
SimplyShainee
CocoEuro
Shauny
Cherry: extraordinary!
d.denise
tiashaunteƩ
AfrikanLatina
p_nuttie43
missmoriah
TerraD
curly+kinky+fierce
Mz. Thang
krazy coils
FemmeFox
MsJay1121
Pinkrage
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
Curlz of Luv
BlondeByDesire
Juices-n-Berries
StephanieB
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
54 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Empty Re: bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in!

Post by bholmes87 29th March 2010, 12:40 am

NubieNatty wrote:awww too cute! im lovin the school girl bangs. what products are you using? i havent seen ur reggie around here....
Thanks Nubie!!!! About the regimen ... I don't really have one! I will definitely post the products I'm using though. The thing is, I don't have a lot of set of products that I use. I just buy a lot of different things and use whatever is around at the time. I really want to start putting together something that is a solid reggie though. And when I do, I'll definitely let you know! Smile

MellowOne wrote:Just had to second everything all the other ladies said your hair is Rockin
Aww thanks hun!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Empty Re: bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th March 2010, 2:04 am

Out of curiosity? What was your relaxed hair like?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th March 2010, 6:52 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Out of curiosity? What was your relaxed hair like?
It was pretty thick actually. Sometimes my Mom would end up still pressing my hair after washing it if I hadn't had a relaxer in awhile (now I know a roller set would have been WAY better!). It was pretty healthy considering I didn't take care of it at all. The only good thing I did for my hair was try not to use heat unless my hair was freshly washed. I always protected it while sleep because it was ALWAYS wrapped up for the night. It was pretty shiny without much product. And it didn't really grow past should length. Here's some pictures:
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 01_bmp10
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 02_bmp10
I just really like this picture Smile
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 03_bmp10

I was NEVER in love with my hair while it was relaxed though. I didn't have fun with my hair and therefore, I didn't experiment with styles like bantu knots and rod sets and such like. So that's my time warp to history of B's hair in the past!
lol!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th March 2010, 7:14 am

Good Morning B!!!

I know you stated that you don't have a set regiment, but whatever you are doing is like WORKING!!! You hair looks VERY healthy. I love your puff with the bangs that you decided to do at the last minute!!!

Can I say CUTE!!!!!

Your relaxed hair looked very healthy, but I love the natural look on you!!!! afro
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th March 2010, 7:23 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Good Morning B!!!

I know you stated that you don't have a set regiment, but whatever you are doing is like WORKING!!! You hair looks VERY healthy. I love your puff with the bangs that you decided to do at the last minute!!!

Can I say CUTE!!!!!

Your relaxed hair looked very healthy, but I love the natural look on you!!!! afro
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Icon_sunny Good morning KNH!!!!
Yeah I don't have a set regiment but I plan on putting a list of some of the products I use consistently some time this week. And thanks so much for dropping by! I love when people come over and visit Razz
I totally agree, natural is the way to be!!!!!! I never would have known how much I loved it and now I couldn't be happier with my hair cheers
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 29th March 2010, 1:06 pm

Morning Sis!

Loved the bun over the weekend! Are you planning on wearing it during the week or have you switched up styles already? I am also interested in seeing what you're using on the regular.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th March 2010, 1:24 pm

I love the flat twist bangs!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th March 2010, 7:34 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Morning Sis!

Loved the bun over the weekend! Are you planning on wearing it during the week or have you switched up styles already? I am also interested in seeing what you're using on the regular.
Thanks Femme!! Yeah I already switched it up because I went swimming! LOL but I hope to put up my products sometime tomorrow Smile
CocaColaCutie wrote:I love the flat twist bangs!
Thank you hun!!! Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 29th March 2010, 7:37 pm

I like all the different styles you came up with, especially the bangs. Work it girl!!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th March 2010, 7:57 pm

Good morning ladies!!! It's the beginning of a new week and I hope you're starting it off with a smile
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 059My hair this weekend went a little something like this:
When I went to my parents house on Friday after training I really wanted to have an afro just to see what it would look like. I was planning on doing flat twists afterward so I did it for fun Smile Plus I was excited about the national afro day on the 4th of July so I'm getting ready to see how big Chlo "The Fro" will be by then afro
So I didn't add any product before combing it out and I didn't get the best shape so if you have any tips on making a perfect afro or links to any videos please let me know! Here are some pictures.
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Photo383
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Photo384
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Photo385
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Photo386
I need to work on shaping the back
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Photo387

So after seeing how HUGE Chlo was I was so happy! I still wanted to try my hand at flat twisting though so I used my spray bottle. Here's what's in the bottle:

water
Infusium 23 leave in
Nexxus Humectress conditioner
V05 Strawberries and Cream Moisture Milks conditioner
glycerin
extra virgin olive oil
Hot 6 oil

So I sprayed the picked out fro and flat twisted. Let me tell, I have NO SKILL WHATSOVER with flat twisting or braiding. But I figured what the hey? I can always do a puff if it doesn't work out Smile And here's what the twists looked like:
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Photo388
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Photo389
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Photo390
I thought it would end up pretty good despite not twisting very close to my scalp. But I didn't get very much definition. I'm almost positive that this was because I picked it out first! Because my hair barely curled back up when I drenched it with my spray bottle mix. This is how the twist out turned out.
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Photo391
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Photo392
Not much definition but I just wore it in a puff.
I took the flat twists out on Saturday morning and ended up going swimming that afternoon. It was about 83 degrees so it was perfect weather for the pool or the beach!

I thought that getting my hair wet would make the curls just pop pop pop!! But it didn't actually curl back up until I washed it in the shower and had conditioner on it. I wore a WnG the rest of the weekend Smile

ALSO I bought a few new products this weekend! I went to Target because I wanted to find Giovanni leave in and Jane Carter solutions foam wrap lotion. I didn't find either Rolling Eyes but I still bought 2 things: Aussie Moist conditioner and ORS lock and twist gel! I love the Aussie Moist as a WnG conditioner because that's what I used after swimming. I put the gel on my hair but I haven't actually used it so I'll let you know how I like that too Razz
I also bought my lil sister the Suave Pomegranate conditioner and it smells AMAZING!!!! And then being a low key product junkie I went to Wal Mart after church on Sunday and bought Lekair Chloesterol conditioner (it was less than $2 so I had to!)

Man that was a lot! Have a lovely and blessed day curlies!!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th March 2010, 7:58 pm

LaToya28 wrote:I like all the different styles you came up with, especially the bangs. Work it girl!!
Thanks Toya!!!! I love to experiment with my hair Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th March 2010, 8:32 pm

Love the fro! There is nothing better to me that a B.A.A. (Big A*& Afro). LOL!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th March 2010, 8:49 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Love the fro! There is nothing better to me that a B.A.A. (Big A*& Afro). LOL!
Razz Thanks so much!!! And I totally agree with you. I love me a huge fro afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th March 2010, 9:01 pm

bholmes!! the fro and flat twist out is lookin good. them flat twist looks better than what i would ATTEMPT!! im excited about fro day in july too and i think im workin that day so my co-workers will be like bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Icon_eek !!!

i need to post some relaxer hair days myself. i love how u have a simple reggie and dont even notice it, lol. i gotta get like you!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th March 2010, 9:12 pm

NubieNatty wrote:bholmes!! the fro and flat twist out is lookin good. them flat twist looks better than what i would ATTEMPT!! im excited about fro day in july too and i think im workin that day so my co-workers will be like bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Icon_eek !!!

i need to post some relaxer hair days myself. i love how u have a simple reggie and dont even notice it, lol. i gotta get like you!!
Aww thanks Nubie!!! Very Happy I'm kind of excited to see what people say about all the fros they're gonna see afro
I think it would be great to see other people's relaxed hair too! Especially to see the difference in health.
Yeah I guess I do have a pretty simple reggie then! I just gotta keep it simple and not overdue it tongue
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 30th March 2010, 2:54 am

Hey girlie, I have missed alot on your thread. I love your variations of styles. And love the hair. Even that flat twist out puff is cute. I see more similarities in our hair with that style. You will see what I mean today when I post my pics bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 30th March 2010, 7:39 am

I am loving your hair! It looks great! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Icon_smile You are working your styles!!!!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th March 2010, 8:12 am

WOW!!! Now that'a a fro... afro I actually liked your flat twists results. When you were in Target did you notice any Jane Carter or Ms. Jessie's products? Just curious...

Hope you are enjoying your Spring Break. I put up my son Thursday...note to self: Next year he will be taking his car!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th March 2010, 10:07 am

Wow - you have a lot of hair.

I love all the different styles and Afro bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Icon_rr

I like the twist out too ... I think they come out even better when you are not trying to perfect them.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th March 2010, 11:11 am

Look at that FRO mommy!! I love it! You have been rocking the versatility of our hair. Go head witchobadself!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 30th March 2010, 12:31 pm

Your flat twistout looks awesome!! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Herz Ummm and the fro, totally drool worthy! I can't wait for National Afro Day!!! I'm marking it on my calendar so I don't accidentally have my hair in a protective style. I amy actually be in SoCal...keep you posted!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 30th March 2010, 2:45 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey girlie, I have missed alot on your thread. I love your variations of styles. And love the hair. Even that flat twist out puff is cute. I see more similarities in our hair with that style. You will see what I mean today when I post my pics bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Icon_biggrin
Thanks sis!!! I'll have to take a look at your thread then! Smile

MahoganyCurls wrote:I am loving your hair! It looks great! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Icon_smile You are working your styles!!!!
Thanks Jess!!!! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Herz
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW!!! Now that'a a fro... afro I actually liked your flat twists results. When you were in Target did you notice any Jane Carter or Ms. Jessie's products? Just curious...

Hope you are enjoying your Spring Break. I put up my son Thursday...note to self: Next year he will be taking his car!!!

KNH
Thanks KNH!!! No I didn't see Jane Carter OR Ms. Jessie's but you can order them online! I was hoping they would be in stores but they weren't, at least not at the one I went to. And you should totally have your son bring his car next year
!
BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow - you have a lot of hair.

I love all the different styles and Afro bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Icon_rr

I like the twist out too ... I think they come out even better when you are not trying to perfect them.
Thanks BBD!!!! I agree, messy twists and braids usually have great results!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Look at that FRO mommy!! I love it! You have been rocking the versatility of our hair. Go head witchobadself!
Thanks Sweet!!!! I love showing the versatility of our hair afro

FemmeFox wrote:Your flat twistout looks awesome!! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Herz Ummm and the fro, totally drool worthy! I can't wait for National Afro Day!!! I'm marking it on my calendar so I don't accidentally have my hair in a protective style. I amy actually be in SoCal...keep you posted!
Aww thanks sis!!! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Icon_razz I should mark it on my calendar too so I don't forget either! lol
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 30th March 2010, 2:59 pm

Good morning everyone! Very Happy

I wore another WnG today because the sun is shining and *singing* IT'S A BEAUTIFUL MORNING!!!!! I didn't take any pics today, which is a first! But I'll let you know the products I used:
- I shampooed with Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly. I haven't poo'ed in over 2 months so I thought it was time to get my hair really clean!
- I conditioned with Aussie Moist I love you
- I also scrunched with Aussie Moist and then put a generic brand Paul Mitchell leave in imitator on top of that and scrunched some more.
- I used Africa's Bes Herbal Oil after the conditioner to keep my hair soft and keep some moisture in. Then I was out the door!

I'm so excited for Resurrection Sunday coming up!!!! I love to celebrate my Savior's triumphant victory over the grave!
woot!

I hope everyone is having a blessed day! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 20 Icon_sunny
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th March 2010, 3:06 pm

That fro looked awesome girl! I have no flat twist or braiding skills either. But I think your results turned out fine.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th March 2010, 6:58 pm

That fro was awesome!!!! Loved it!!! I think you flat twist looked fine. You just need to keep at it. I think you didnt get any definition because of the products you use. You have to use something with some hold. You should try it again.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next