CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!!

+40
sunbaby
Nikcoils
poeticlyspkng
mstokes2008
Muz
MellowOne
ktoliver5303
coilykinks
CrissyQ
LaToya28
DvaAuNaturel
mochamoments
NubieNatty
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
Shauny
jamaicacurl
AfrikanLatina
Mz. Thang
CocaColaCutie
MsJay1121
Pinkrage
dsteh23
bholmes87
blondie
StephanieB
FemmeFox
Juices-n-Berries
MahoganyCurls
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
Freestyles
HumanNature
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
adiaha
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
KinkyNappyHappy
44 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!!

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 11:13 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hello Everyone~

Well...I didn't do a braid out yesterday after all. I got kinda lazy and stayed in bed until 10am looking for movies about Dr. King. So I just decided to do something simple and co-washed and ended up with a puff. (rushing this morning so I took a couple of picture on the way to work)
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Img00117

I read in one of the forums that when you are in your twa phase...once you find a product that works for you stick with that for a while. Well...I think I've found my product!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Img00114

This is a simple style for me and it will last all week if I don't co-wash. (co-washing everyday is just a habit I should try and break)

I co-washed my hair with Suave conditioner, added my leave-in conditioner by Darcy's Botanicals (Frankinsence and Myrrh), applied Qhemet's Alma & Olive Heavy Cream all over and then worked in Qhemet's Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm (this balm is the bomb!!!!). I applied Ecostyler Gel w/Olive Oil (the green one) only around my edges, and brushed my hair into a puff with my Deman brush.

I tied a scarf around my hair leaving the puff out, and let my hair air dry. Y'all my hair is soooo soft you wouldn't believe it, and I did nothing to my puff but applied product. (enlarge the picture to get a good look)

You know today...I am in a real good place with my hair. When I did my big chop I wasn't ready to wear my hair natural, but I had to get ready fast! Being a person that is not addicted to approval...I was ready for the negative comments I got from my family, friends, and co-workers and I knew that it was going to be a shock to everyone and in time we would ALL adjust.

My adjustment consisted of understanding why my hair didn't look like I thought it would look. I understand that this is a process, and with time my natural curl pattern will kick in and just work with my hair and not against it.

Well until tomorrow....

Miracles and Blessing Ladies

Deborah - aka~kinkynappyhappy

Your hair is amazing! Beautiful! KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th January 2010, 3:03 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Don't you will get it right. I have yet to try flat twists. I like that look with the braid out look in the back.

Well...that didn't work for me...back in a puff. KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Lol Gotta laugh about it so I won't cry... KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_cry for real.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th January 2010, 3:09 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hello Everyone~

Well...I didn't do a braid out yesterday after all. I got kinda lazy and stayed in bed until 10am looking for movies about Dr. King. So I just decided to do something simple and co-washed and ended up with a puff. (rushing this morning so I took a couple of picture on the way to work)
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Img00117

I read in one of the forums that when you are in your twa phase...once you find a product that works for you stick with that for a while. Well...I think I've found my product!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Img00114

This is a simple style for me and it will last all week if I don't co-wash. (co-washing everyday is just a habit I should try and break)

I co-washed my hair with Suave conditioner, added my leave-in conditioner by Darcy's Botanicals (Frankinsence and Myrrh), applied Qhemet's Alma & Olive Heavy Cream all over and then worked in Qhemet's Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm (this balm is the bomb!!!!). I applied Ecostyler Gel w/Olive Oil (the green one) only around my edges, and brushed my hair into a puff with my Deman brush.

I tied a scarf around my hair leaving the puff out, and let my hair air dry. Y'all my hair is soooo soft you wouldn't believe it, and I did nothing to my puff but applied product. (enlarge the picture to get a good look)

You know today...I am in a real good place with my hair. When I did my big chop I wasn't ready to wear my hair natural, but I had to get ready fast! Being a person that is not addicted to approval...I was ready for the negative comments I got from my family, friends, and co-workers and I knew that it was going to be a shock to everyone and in time we would ALL adjust.

My adjustment consisted of understanding why my hair didn't look like I thought it would look. I understand that this is a process, and with time my natural curl pattern will kick in and just work with my hair and not against it.

Well until tomorrow....

Miracles and Blessing Ladies

Deborah - aka~kinkynappyhappy

Your hair is amazing! Beautiful! KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

OMGoodness.....Mahogany Curls...thank you for the compliment. Coming from you is like Michael Jackson (God Bless his soul) telling me I can sing. (I can't sing, but I think I can)

Anyway...I'm having some real hair issues this week trying to achieve a successful twist out, but each day...I've reverted back to my puff.

Thanks for making my day!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th January 2010, 3:43 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I am trying so hard to wear twists, but I can't seem to find the right combination of products that will give me the look that I see everyone else has managed to accomplish. KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_scratch

Natural hair has a personality of it's own. You may not achieve someone else's look but you will probably get the look that works just for you. I would suggest focusing on the technique and not the look. Once you get the technique the look will follow.
What happens when you twist?

You are right...I should work on my technique. The major issue for me are the parts and the frizz. When I go to take seperate my twist I have parts all over my head. So as I try to massage or lift my hair from the roots trying to cover the parts I experience major frizz.

And it doesn't help that my hair is thin on the right side in the top; that's where I have most of the trouble with the parts.

*sigh*.......I'll try again tonight and I'll post pictures. I've taken pictures, however, I didn't like the look so I haven't posted them.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th January 2010, 6:40 pm

Hi there, have you tried to stagger your twists so the parts are covered by the twist above it? When undoing them, do you lift from underneath at the roots but not come all the way to the end? This may help with frizz.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 26th January 2010, 6:48 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi there, have you tried to stagger your twists so the parts are covered by the twist above it? When undoing them, do you lift from underneath at the roots but not come all the way to the end? This may help with frizz.

Ditto. I lift from the root with a pick-hides the parts and no frizz
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th January 2010, 4:42 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi there, have you tried to stagger your twists so the parts are covered by the twist above it? When undoing them, do you lift from underneath at the roots but not come all the way to the end? This may help with frizz.

No..I haven't. I'll try that next. I usually twist with no pattern or formation. I thought that would help with part...clearly it does not. So...the next time I twist I will do smaller twist and try to stagger.

When I lift I try to start at the roots, but my hair i only about 3 to 3 1/2 inches long so when lifting the twist pattern usually comes out. *sight* I will not give up...I'll keep trying.

Thanks ChrsLuvsBks & Tiashauntee
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 4:47 pm

Lift slightly, not all the way through. You are only lifting from the root about 1/4 of an inch if I had to guess...just enough to cover up the parts.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th January 2010, 5:21 pm

So last night I tried the flat twist and that didn't turn out well. So I got up this morning and co-washed my hair and did a wash'n'go using Darcy's Botanicals Natural Coils Curling Jelly.

The instructions say to use a small amount throught out wet or dry hair. It pays to read the instructions... KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_study . So here I go applying this product like you would apply Kinky Curly..NOT.

Anyway...see the pictures below.
My hair wet:
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Img00111

My hair about 75% dry:
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Img00212

100% dry
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Img00213
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Img00214

My hair did shrink from the wet to dry stage, but it is not real hard and crunchy. However, I do have white flakes in my hair. Before I went natural I remember looking at my sisters with all that white stuff in their hair thinking "doesn't she know she has all that white stuff in her hair?" I couldn't understand why they would leave home like that...well now I know.. KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Lol

I am so loving this natural hair journey, and I really like my hair today despite the white stuff. NOT going to co-wash again this week even if it kills me. KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_lol Each morning my son would ask me "Mom what are you doing to your hair now!!" Will try the twist again in about two weeks...to exhausted to trying again anytime soon....ROTFL

Anyway...ladies thanks for the tips on twisting.

Miracles and Blessings
Deborah
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th January 2010, 5:22 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Lift slightly, not all the way through. You are only lifting from the root about 1/4 of an inch if I had to guess...just enough to cover up the parts.

Yeah....I think I'm making my twist too big. I will try this again in about two weeks.. KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 27th January 2010, 5:43 pm

Ive learned that my twists and twists out look better with smaller twists. Practice makes perfect, I'm still in the practicing stage.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th January 2010, 3:09 pm

Still rockin my wash'n'go with my Darcy's...my hair was flat this morning so I refresh with water. A little frizzy but that okay....

Well....I guess I'll see what tomorrow holds. KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th January 2010, 3:12 pm

I think I've given up on wash and gos for a while, until my hair gets a bit longer. I'm just gonna stick to twists. But I'm glad you found a product that works for you. Minus the flakes of course.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th January 2010, 3:53 pm

I'm gonna give wash n go's another try this Spring/Summer. I dont like to walk around with a wet head. I loved my wash n go puff I did about a week ago but I didnt leave the house so I didnt mind my hair being wet.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th January 2010, 5:28 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I'm gonna give wash n go's another try this Spring/Summer. I dont like to walk around with a wet head. I loved my wash n go puff I did about a week ago but I didnt leave the house so I didnt mind my hair being wet.

You know Lynn~

My commute to work is about 1hr long (that includes dropping my son off at school, then my Target or Wal-Mart run..sometimes the grocery store/bank..ect) my hair is wet when I leave home, but by the time I get to work...my hair is 98% dry. For real... KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_bounce Plus my hair dries real fast...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th January 2010, 5:29 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I think I've given up on wash and gos for a while, until my hair gets a bit longer. I'm just gonna stick to twists. But I'm glad you found a product that works for you. Minus the flakes of course.

I know...I feel like that abou the twists...but I wet my hair this morning to refresh, and got those flakes out of there!!! KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_cheers

Now if I can just get my products for my twists I'll be happy. Juices-n-Berries what are you using to do your twists?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th January 2010, 5:30 pm

adiaha wrote:Ive learned that my twists and twists out look better with smaller twists. Practice makes perfect, I'm still in the practicing stage.

I love your Ticker Tracker...tooo cute!!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 5:44 pm

When I BC, I am soooo looking forward to wash-n-go. You don't even know...lol KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 28th January 2010, 6:04 pm

Thanks Kinky. I saw lots of them on this site and wanted one so I went to the website but didnt like their backgrounds so I uploaded my own LOL.

I want to try a wash and go, when it warms up here I will get some kinky curly custard and see what it does to my kinky curls.

For twists I recommend Qhemet (I promise I dont own stock in the company KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin). Their Amla and Olive Heavy Cream provides great hold and softness.

And I lived in Houston right after Katrina and that was my biggest pet peeve driving long distances to get where I needed to be. It was about an hour commute to my job in the same freaking city. Makes no sense, now it takes me 10-20 minutes tops
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th January 2010, 6:18 pm

Kinky, it takes my hair all day to dry...about 8-10 hrs and I use VO5 for my wash n go's. I think I am gonna try plopping when I do my wash n go and see if that speeds up the drying time.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th January 2010, 1:39 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:I think I've given up on wash and gos for a while, until my hair gets a bit longer. I'm just gonna stick to twists. But I'm glad you found a product that works for you. Minus the flakes of course.

I know...I feel like that abou the twists...but I wet my hair this morning to refresh, and got those flakes out of there!!! KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_cheers

Now if I can just get my products for my twists I'll be happy. Juices-n-Berries what are you using to do your twists?

Well I actually haven't been doing them myself. Lol. I cheat and go to a stylist. Shame on me. Once, she did some coil twists with Lock and Twist Gel (which I hate btw). She twisted with a mix of shea and mango butter and honey. In between, I moisturize with Afroveda Cocolatte Moisture Mask and use my EO mix or Doo Gro Oil on my scalp. I really want to start twisting myself. I have bought so many products and haven't had a chance to use them. Lol
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th January 2010, 5:09 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Kinky, it takes my hair all day to dry...about 8-10 hrs and I use VO5 for my wash n go's. I think I am gonna try plopping when I do my wash n go and see if that speeds up the drying time.

Lynn~

I can believe that it takes your hair that long to dry. Your hair is sooo thick..I love it!! My hair is not as thick as it once was, and for some reason it will air dry in about 45 minutes. Now when I use the Kinky Curly...THAT is another story. It takes forever to dry....

Qhemet...really makes my hair look thicker than it is. That could be my problem with my twist..my hair may just be to thin to do twist on 3 to 3 1/2 inches. I do plan to go to a natural stylist and get a straw set done in April. Wish me luck!!!

I use Suave conditioner for my wash'n'go's, but I've heard a lot about VO5...what is the name of the one you use? (VO5)
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th January 2010, 5:12 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Well I actually haven't been doing them myself. Lol. I cheat and go to a stylist. Shame on me. Once, she did some coil twists with Lock and Twist Gel (which I hate btw). She twisted with a mix of shea and mango butter and honey. In between, I moisturize with Afroveda Cocolatte Moisture Mask and use my EO mix or Doo Gro Oil on my scalp. I really want to start twisting myself. I have bought so many products and haven't had a chance to use them. Lol

So your avatar picture is a picture of your twist that a stylist did? Well...if so, it too cute!!! I think I'm going to wait until I have a little more lenght. Right now the WNG and Puff is really working for me. I have been able to flat twist the front and leave the back out. I might do that next week.

Let's not talk about products...I can't wait until April when I can buy more. My list of products to try is growing, but I think what I really like is Qhemet, KBB, and Darcy's. I order Oyin about two weeks ago...and it is taking forever to get here!!

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 29th January 2010, 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th January 2010, 5:13 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:When I BC, I am soooo looking forward to wash-n-go. You don't even know...lol KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Lol

Yeah I do!!! It's sooo easy!!! KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th January 2010, 5:20 pm

adiaha wrote:Thanks Kinky. I saw lots of them on this site and wanted one so I went to the website but didnt like their backgrounds so I uploaded my own LOL.

I want to try a wash and go, when it warms up here I will get some kinky curly custard and see what it does to my kinky curls.

For twists I recommend Qhemet (I promise I dont own stock in the company KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin). Their Amla and Olive Heavy Cream provides great hold and softness.

And I lived in Houston right after Katrina and that was my biggest pet peeve driving long distances to get where I needed to be. It was about an hour commute to my job in the same freaking city. Makes no sense, now it takes me 10-20 minutes tops

Good Luck with the Kinky Curly Custard...I remember someone calling it the shrunk monkey. You hair will shrink...just be ready!!! KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin Check out Donna Maria...same as KCCC I've heard. I was going to try it but I am okay with Darcy's Natural Coils Curling Jelly...just like KCCC and there is a bit of shrinkage with it as well. (a lot cheaper than KCCC)

Yeah...Houston is sooo big, but I've been here all my life and I love it even if it takes me a while to get around the city. The only other place I would live would be Chicago (if I was single with no kids) I just love that city!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next