CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leave in conditioner and rinse out conditioner

+2
ChrsLvsBks
kimc
6 posters

Go down

Leave in conditioner and rinse out conditioner Empty Leave in conditioner and rinse out conditioner

Post by kimc 28th November 2010, 3:08 pm

I read that many people leave in the conditioner that is made to rinse out of your hair. Is this safe? I know Kimmaytube says that conditioners made to rinse out of your hair can damage your hair if left in. Is this true? Are leave in and rinse out conditioners made differently? Thanks
kimc
kimc

http://imakinkygurl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Leave in conditioner and rinse out conditioner Empty Re: Leave in conditioner and rinse out conditioner

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th November 2010, 7:00 pm

I have read the labels on quite a few brands (Curl Junkie, Blended Beauty, Curls, Koils by Nature & Yes to Cucumbers) that have leave in and rinse out conditioners. The ingredients are usually the same but in different orders. I may add a bit of tea, water or aloe vera gel/juice to lighten the one not labeled a leave in but not necessarily. With all things, you may try it to see if you have any adverse affects. I know a few ladies on the board disagree and only use a leave in if it is labeled as such.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Leave in conditioner and rinse out conditioner Empty Re: Leave in conditioner and rinse out conditioner

Post by jaylin20032003 29th November 2010, 1:10 am

i have used many non-leave in conditioners in my hair, and havent had any issues. its normally after a wng, i put about a quarter size amount in, and then seal with oil. (including v05, yes to tomatoes, herbal essences hello hydration, tresemme moisture and giovanni tea tree conditioner) i dont even buy leave in conditioners anymore. its an extra product, extra mula, and unecessary for my chocolate halo! hth
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 29th November 2010, 10:50 am

i dont buy leave ins as well. i use regular conditioner as a leave in. i dont have any problems and my hair is doing well. i have been doing it since ive been natural which is almost 2yrs

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st December 2010, 1:36 pm

I have always used regular conditioners a leave-ins too. But my mother-in-law (who is relaxed) recently told me that her stylist said leaving in conditioners is bad and it made her hair thin. I don't know how true this is. And my mom-in-law tends to believe a lot! I also wonder if the fact that she is relaxed has something to do with it. I never had a problem with leaving in regular conditioners before. My hair has recently started shedding but I believe it's either due to stress/postpartum shedding/diet/hard water.... not the conditioner. Also if you seal the conditioner with an oil I think that helps too. I will continue to use as leave-ins and seal with oil. It really does make my hair feel more moisturized. HTH Smile
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st December 2010, 2:08 pm

glad somebody posted on this b/c i was wondering the same thing as well, but no one ever directly answered my question; ty for posting this Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st December 2010, 3:56 pm

I only leave, leave in conditioners in my hair. I typically use products the way they were intended.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 2nd December 2010, 8:27 am

there was an article awhile back on naturally curly awhile back saying u can use instant conditioners as leave ins. they have the same ingredients, leave ins are just lighter so depending on your hair u can use instant as a leave in

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 2nd December 2010, 8:37 am

double post

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down