CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!!

+40
sunbaby
Nikcoils
poeticlyspkng
mstokes2008
Muz
MellowOne
ktoliver5303
coilykinks
CrissyQ
LaToya28
DvaAuNaturel
mochamoments
NubieNatty
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
Shauny
jamaicacurl
AfrikanLatina
Mz. Thang
CocaColaCutie
MsJay1121
Pinkrage
dsteh23
bholmes87
blondie
StephanieB
FemmeFox
Juices-n-Berries
MahoganyCurls
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
Freestyles
HumanNature
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
adiaha
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
KinkyNappyHappy
44 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!!

Post by sweetdrk1 21st January 2010, 11:33 am

*looking up at BBD* why haven't you started the challenge...come on now!! You can do it!!

KNH I agree with everyone else..that Puff is amazing!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!!

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st January 2010, 11:35 am

Sweekdrk1 - I'm still learning from you all KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin - I'm still in transition and I had originally thought the BNB challenge was for those that were 100% natural anyway.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st January 2010, 1:47 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Hello and Welcome! Although I haven't joined the BNB challenge I follow everyone very closely. I'm still transitioning.

I love your story and you have great length for such a short transition. Your puff is so full and thick.

It sounds as if you have found a winning combination and keeping it simple - which is nice.

Good luck with your journey - there are plenty beautiful naturals on CN that are very inspiring and helpful. I have learned so much.

Thank you - ladies.

Hi BlondeByDesire~

Thank you so much for the welcome. I contribute the look I've manage to achieve with my puff to the products I'm using. My hair is as soft as it looks, maybe softer. My puff looks thick, but I think that has to do with the fact that I have very little shrinkage with Qhemet!!!

I did look to see if you had joined the challenge, so I could read about your journey. How long do you plan to transition? I met a lady that transitioned and didn't cut all of her hair off. She cut her hair a little at a time; therefore, she never experienced the twa phase.

You have a lot of hair, and I love the color. Is that your natural color? If not, do you mind sharing what color it is, and what you are using? I'm trying to get to honey blonde...

Good luck, and I look forward to following your journey!!

Deborah
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st January 2010, 1:49 pm

@sweetdrk1

KNH I agree with everyone else..that Puff is amazing!![/quote]

Thank you....I'm loving it!!! It's all about the products!!! I'm loving Qhemet!!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st January 2010, 3:18 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
BlondeByDesire wrote:Hello and Welcome! Although I haven't joined the BNB challenge I follow everyone very closely. I'm still transitioning.

I love your story and you have great length for such a short transition. Your puff is so full and thick.

It sounds as if you have found a winning combination and keeping it simple - which is nice.

Good luck with your journey - there are plenty beautiful naturals on CN that are very inspiring and helpful. I have learned so much.

Thank you - ladies.

Hi BlondeByDesire~

Thank you so much for the welcome. I contribute the look I've manage to achieve with my puff to the products I'm using. My hair is as soft as it looks, maybe softer. My puff looks thick, but I think that has to do with the fact that I have very little shrinkage with Qhemet!!!

I did look to see if you had joined the challenge, so I could read about your journey. How long do you plan to transition? I met a lady that transitioned and didn't cut all of her hair off. She cut her hair a little at a time; therefore, she never experienced the twa phase.

You have a lot of hair, and I love the color. Is that your natural color? If not, do you mind sharing what color it is, and what you are using? I'm trying to get to honey blonde...

Good luck, and I look forward to following your journey!!

Deborah

KNH: I've been transitioning since October 2008. I have the heavy cream from Qhemet but it does nothing for my hair - I think may need to mix with the other product you mentioned.

As for color - it's not may natrual color and it has no name. I use Ms. Clairol Luminize (clear) along with the Ms. Clairol Luminize Developer. What it does is lightens your natural to it's fullest potential. My hair is a very dark blk/brown. To achieve the lightness I have now I applied to my full head on three seperate occassions in the beginning - that was well over 10 years ago. Since then during the summer months the Sun lightens it even more. I have variations of maybe 3 different shades of blonde. I do roots touch-ups every 3-4 months.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 21st January 2010, 4:09 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Hi Adiaha-

Look forward to learning with yah!!! Also, I was near you Sunday. Took my son back to school (LSU) and we went to Copelands of New Orleand !!!! The best "Crabcakes & Shrimp Alfredo" I've ever had in my life!!!! woot!

LOL thats my favorite thing to get from there. We went there recently when they were doing 2 for $30 and they gave full size portions of everything (appetizer, 2 entrees and 1 dessert...yummy). Their cheesecake is good too.

And yes ma'am, Qhemet is the bomb!!!! I love it. Softness and shine.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd January 2010, 1:22 am

adiaha wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Hi Adiaha-

Look forward to learning with yah!!! Also, I was near you Sunday. Took my son back to school (LSU) and we went to Copelands of New Orleand !!!! The best "Crabcakes & Shrimp Alfredo" I've ever had in my life!!!! woot!

LOL thats my favorite thing to get from there. We went there recently when they were doing 2 for $30 and they gave full size portions of everything (appetizer, 2 entrees and 1 dessert...yummy). Their cheesecake is good too.

And yes ma'am, Qhemet is the bomb!!!! I love it. Softness and shine.

WHAT 2 for $30...OMG!!!! I hope to catch a special like that when I'm on one of my pick up or drop off trips. I will have to try the cheese cake next time!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd January 2010, 8:56 am

Happy Friday Ladies..

Well...I met my own personal challenge this week; I haven't co-washed my hair in 3 days. dance

I co-washed Monday and I've worn my hair in a puff all week!! My hair held up well...its a little frizzy but it still looks pretty good.

Tonight is my shampoo/DC night; however. I plan to pre-poo tonight (never done this before) can someone tell me if I do this on wet or dry hair? Since I will be pre-poo'ing' tonight that means I have to get up early Sleep Saturday morning and shampoo/DC...then I'm going to try and twist my hair.

I normally don't like the results of my twist out, but I have an event to attend Saturday night and I would love to wear my hair out!! (no head band) affraid

I will post pictures in the morning of my twists once I'm done. Not much else going on with my hair right now, but I would like to say thanks for reading my posting, and providing such positive feedback and great information.

Miracles and Blessings~
Deborah
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd January 2010, 11:17 am

I have never prepoo'd so I don't know that answer. Check with Lynnie I know she does it. I am praying that your twist come out good tmrw for you. TGIF!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd January 2010, 11:25 am

I have seen videos on youtube in which the prepoo was done on dry hair

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=prepoo&search_type=&aq=f
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 11:42 am

I always pre poo on dry hair...I dont like going to bed with a wet head. I usually pre poo with oils. What are you going to use to pre poo? What product are you going to use to twist your hair?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd January 2010, 12:44 pm

tiashauntee wrote:I have seen videos on youtube in which the prepoo was done on dry hair

[url=https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=prepoo&search_type=&aq=f
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=prepoo&search_type=&aq=f[/quote[/url]]

Thanks tiashauntee I will check out this link!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd January 2010, 12:46 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I always pre poo on dry hair...I dont like going to bed with a wet head. I usually pre poo with oils. What are you going to use to pre poo? What product are you going to use to twist your hair?

I plan to use Vatika Oil for my pre poo, and my Qhemet products (gel,heavy cream, and seal the ends with the honey balm)
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 1:07 pm

Sounds like a plan. I havent tried Qhemet yet but I will as soon as the no buy challenge is over! What are your favorite products from that line?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd January 2010, 1:18 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I always pre poo on dry hair...I dont like going to bed with a wet head. I usually pre poo with oils. What are you going to use to pre poo? What product are you going to use to twist your hair?

I plan to use Vatika for pro poo, and my Qhemet products for my twist out (gel, heavy cream and the honey balm to seal my twist)

Thoughts???
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 1:31 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Sounds like a plan. I havent tried Qhemet yet but I will as soon as the no buy challenge is over! What are your favorite products from that line?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd January 2010, 2:16 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Sounds like a plan. I havent tried Qhemet yet but I will as soon as the no buy challenge is over! What are your favorite products from that line?

I love the Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm & the Alma & Olive Heavy Cream. I have the Gel and Mist sample size...I've used the gel once on a twist out. At first I didn't like the mist, but the key to the mist is to dilute it!!! I used it this morning to refresh my puff...I was so please with the results.

I plan to order the shampoo, condition and pomade after challenge is over!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 2:29 pm

I'm happy with my shampoo and conditioners. I am looking for different stylers for my twist and moisturizers right now.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 23rd January 2010, 12:50 am

Welcome!! I love the puff. I have been hearing good things about qhemet so I have to put them on the things to try list. I also have thin spots in my hair and I also love the puff.

I am glad to hear that Copeland's is reopened. The have awesome food. I gotta make it back that way.

Enjoy your journey.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd January 2010, 10:00 am

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Welcome!! I love the puff. I have been hearing good things about qhemet so I have to put them on the things to try list. I also have thin spots in my hair and I also love the puff.

I am glad to hear that Copeland's is reopened. The have awesome food. I gotta make it back that way.

Enjoy your journey.

Hi SheeTacular_Napps

Thanks for the welcome. I saw your thin spot...are you having any luck with that section getting any thicker? I hope mine will thicken soon...it hinders me from trying other styles. However, like you I love the puff the best.

Yeah...I was checking with my son to see when he wanted to come home again just so I could go back to Copeland's. lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th January 2010, 1:58 am

Well...just a quick update from Friday to today...

Friday night..I used Vaitka Oil for my pre-poo, kept it in overnight and got early Saturday to do my weekly reginment....i.e. shampooed, deep conditioner, and applied my leave-in condition.

Once I completed my cleaning and conditioning process I began my styling routine. I decided to twist my hair with Qhemet products; well THAT didn't go well at all. Qhemet is an awesome product for moisture and aiding with defining your natural curls; however it is NOT the product MY hair likes for two strand twists. I'm sure it's something I did, but never the less....I ended up in a puff. I was a bit dispointed because I've finally gotten tired of my head bands. *sigh*

Anyway....I attend my event Saturday, and when i got home I did a double strand twist with Kinky Curly Curling Custard. It came out nice, but I didn't take any pictures.

I think I need to do twists on dry hair...just don't know. scratch

I really had a busy weekend, and I didn't get a chance to post or read anyone posting from the last two day so I need to get busy catching up.

Miracles and Blessings Ladies!!
Deborah
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th January 2010, 11:13 am

I have the Qhuemet heavy cream but haven't had any luck with it. I just ordered the hydrating balm to mix with it to see if that works better. But I never tried on twists.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th January 2010, 9:06 am

You some weeks I can get my styles just right, and then I have days like I've had since I tried my twist Saturday.

I am trying so hard to wear twists, but I can't seem to find the right combination of products that will give me the look that I see everyone else has managed to accomplish. scratch

However, I shall not give up!!! I will continue to press on (style) until I get it right.

Last night I did the flat twist in the front and a braid out in the back. Taking my hair down now, and discover that it is still damp. This will be interesting to see how this turns out.

I will provided an update this evening.

Miracles and Blessings Ladies
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th January 2010, 10:44 am

Don't you will get it right. I have yet to try flat twists. I like that look with the braid out look in the back.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th January 2010, 11:02 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I am trying so hard to wear twists, but I can't seem to find the right combination of products that will give me the look that I see everyone else has managed to accomplish. scratch

Natural hair has a personality of it's own. You may not achieve someone else's look but you will probably get the look that works just for you. I would suggest focusing on the technique and not the look. Once you get the technique the look will follow.
What happens when you twist?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next