CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would love, love, love to have a BIG Sister!

3 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I would love, love, love to have a BIG Sister! - Page 4 Empty Re: I would love, love, love to have a BIG Sister!

Post by tiashaunteé 24th March 2010, 12:06 pm

Hmm, good question. This is were that transistioner knowledge comes in. I will Google around
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I would love, love, love to have a BIG Sister! - Page 4 Empty Re: I would love, love, love to have a BIG Sister!

Post by Heart2Worship 24th March 2010, 12:21 pm

Ok. I'll do the same.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 29th April 2010, 10:22 am

Hey Tia

Just wanted to let you know that I am still hanging in there. I've been sticking to my current regimen and my hair has been doing much better. I've made a lot of progress with the back of my hair and I am beginning to notice that it's not as coarse as it used to be. Needless to say I am extremely happy about that!

As for the BC I am settled on doing it in June. I would do it sooner, but I will be graduating from Bible College on June 12 and I don't want to run into the issue of trying to style my hair so that the cap will fit on my head. I am looking forward to it b/c there are some products that I would like to try i.e. Curls and Shea Moisture (both in Target). I promised myself that I would by anything else until after I did the BC.

How have you been?
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 29th April 2010, 10:39 am

Aww, snap check out that avi! I love your hair. So big and full - beautiful.

I was thinking about you the other day but I understand how hectic life can get at times. I am glad to hear that you are hanging on to your journey. June is right around the corner, how do you feel? Nervous?

I am not supposed to be buying anything else either because I am running out of storage space, LOL. Just sad. I don't have that much hair to have so many products.

Early congrats on graduating! I know who I will be directing my questions to now Wink It's funny you mention that, I was just sitting here meditating on Prov 16:9, trying to figure out if I am doing the right thing by trying so hard to get a new job. I feel like it is time to go - but I don't want to go against God's plan for me.

Other than that I have been doing fine. I dropped down to one course a semester because I was stressed beyond belief. I couldn't take being a full-time student, wife, and employee anymore.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 29th April 2010, 11:10 am

I've found that our jobs are part of the prepartion period for our ultimate calling. Ministry is all about people and what better place to get the experience than on our jobs. I used to be frustrated about my job and was on the hunt for something else, but way down on the inside I knew that I needed to be still and wait on His timing. Turns out the job that I was looking to apply for lacked security and the started laying folks off.

I realized that there were some things in me that needed to be dealt with before I can be elevated. I've seen some of your comments re: your job on The Vent Thread and I've been there, too. But try making confessions like "I love my job in Jesus name" "I know I how to deal wisely with everyone I come in contact with in Jesus name" Anything that you may have been dealing with negatively counter with a postive confession. Things WILL change!!! "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

The amplified version of Proverbs 16:9 says, "A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure." Doing it His way = Guaranteed Success!

PS-I'll be glad to help in anyway that I can and if I don't know the answer I will find out. Before I got on this thread I prayed not only for someone that I could talk to about my transition, but also for godly relationships. Maybe we can established that as well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 29th April 2010, 11:17 am

Oh! And thanks for the compliment on my avi! That was a draw string pony tail. I got one of my girlfriends to braid the front for me.

Every year we celebrate Founders Weekend for my Pastor and this year's theme for the banquet was the 70s. I had a ball!
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 29th April 2010, 11:53 am

Heart2Worship wrote:I've found that our jobs are part of the prepartion period for our ultimate calling. Ministry is all about people and what better place to get the experience than on our jobs. I used to be frustrated about my job and was on the hunt for something else, but way down on the inside I knew that I needed to be still and wait on His timing. Turns out the job that I was looking to apply for lacked security and the started laying folks off.

I realized that there were some things in me that needed to be dealt with before I can be elevated. I've seen some of your comments re: your job on The Vent Thread and I've been there, too. But try making confessions like "I love my job in Jesus name" "I know I how to deal wisely with everyone I come in contact with in Jesus name" Anything that you may have been dealing with negatively counter with a postive confession. Things WILL change!!! "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

The amplified version of Proverbs 16:9 says, "A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure." Doing it His way = Guaranteed Success!

PS-I'll be glad to help in anyway that I can and if I don't know the answer I will find out. Before I got on this thread I prayed not only for someone that I could talk to about my transition, but also for godly relationships. Maybe we can established that as well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for all the insight, I need it. And I would love for us to establish a Godly relationship as well. That is something that I need more of in my life. I have too many that talk the talk but won't walk the walk and that is not helping me at all and I need to stop letting them influence my life. I try to set examples but it's hard when you are 1 against 10.

Ok, as I was typing my response.....another friend sent me a chat so similar to what you just said. God has a way of making us hear!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 29th April 2010, 12:28 pm

I know what you mean! I had to let some folks go and find someone who I could be accountable to. So for about a year now I have been calling my First Lady every Thursday. She has helped me with my walk a lot. Knowing that I would be caling her every week kept me from doing things outside of God. Until I came to a place where my heart's desire was to be for real about the Lord. I would miss it sometimes, but she was always there to help to dust me off after I she blasted me!!!

But it's good to have people in your circle who are as serious about God as you are! Good seasoned folks are AWESOME! Before I am about to do something contrary I always ask myself, "What am I gonna tell Jesus when I have to give an account for my life?" I no longer think about the tongue lashing that I will get from my First Lady, but it's now about me not wanting to do anything to displease the Lord.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 11th May 2010, 11:08 am

Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th May 2010, 12:38 pm

I love it!!

How does boyfriend feel?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 11th May 2010, 12:50 pm

He hasn't seen it yet. I didn't get in from Fayetteville until late last night, but he'll see it today. I'm sure he'll be fine with it. He was mostly concerned about the length.

Hopefully I didn't move too fast with the color, but I hate my natural color. My mom did it for me while I was there. She cut it for me also. I thought about you while I was there. Were you there?
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th May 2010, 12:55 pm

Just make sure you deep condition your hair well and regularly because color can cause dryness.

I wasn't in Fayetteville this weekend because we (the fam) went to Anson County to spend Mother's Day with my grandmother. I will be going to Fay sometime this week to see my other Grandmother - probably on Saturday.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 11th May 2010, 1:14 pm

I don't think that my hair likes gel at all. I had this issue even I was transitioning. What are some other options for curl definition when I do my twist and WNGs?
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th May 2010, 1:22 pm

I like to use a light conditioner, like Suave. It holds and keep your hair soft. Also CurlyNikki's setting lotion mix has worked well for me - it's some where on her blog.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 11th May 2010, 4:13 pm

Would you recommend co-washing everyday?
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th May 2010, 4:16 pm

It depends....I will cowash everyday if it is extremely hot or like the early spring when the air was full of pollen.

Try it out and see if it is something you can fit into your schedule and if your hair likes it. My hair likes it but it stays wet all day long and it can get annoying especially since it's about -10° in my office building.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 11th May 2010, 4:22 pm

I'm thinking that it may be something that I can do for right now since it's short.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th May 2010, 4:28 pm

It would be a lot easier with short. Just don't forget to use a good leave-in or or sealant after co-washing so that your hair will not become dry and brittle as it dries from the co-wash.
The leave in that I am currently using is Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave in. It's not the one sold in Target, I get it from a local African shop. I have also seen it on Amazon.com
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 11th May 2010, 4:33 pm

Does that come in a white bottle with red and black writing? Currently I am just leaving some of the conditioner that I used to co-wash in my hair.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th May 2010, 4:35 pm

Yes, that is the one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I leave a little of my co-wash conditioners in also sometimes. They are light and don't cause a lot of buildup.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 11th May 2010, 4:48 pm

Yeah! I've seen it before in the hair store. I've also seen the shampoo. Have you ever used it?
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th May 2010, 4:50 pm

I haven't used or seen the shampoo. I will add it to my list now Wink
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 11th May 2010, 4:58 pm

I saw the shampoo in A1 Beauty Supply store on Reilly Rd. in Fayetteville. You may want to check it out while your there this weekend if you are nearby.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th May 2010, 5:03 pm

Thanks, I will be sure to make a stop.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 12th May 2010, 4:53 pm

Have you ever heard of Dr. Natural's 2-n-1 shampoo/conditioner?

Here are the ingredients: Ingredients: Purified Water, Natural Coconut Oils, Cocos Nucifera, Lemon Grass Extract, Avocado Oil, Baglaure Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolia, Cocoa Midropropyl Betaine, Wheat Germ, Hazel Nut Oil, Natural Preservatives, Fragrance.

This is the way that it appears on the bottle. It's a company based out of ATL that have a lot of products in local hair stores. I am a little leery about what I believe to be lanolin (spelled lanolia) on the bottle. I've read where some people are alergic to it, but is it even good to put in your hair?!?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Everything else looks fine to use based on the research that I've done, but I don't want to use it if that particular ingredient is harsh.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next