CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED

+120
one.tru.luv
Passion
yaya
alainabee
pfarley
SpoiledMamaCurls
Newbie2natural
FemmeFox
blknbutiful1
kitchensandkurls
pandzz
Natural Wheezes
Freestyles
A85
Mimi
naijabelle
My fro loves me
HAMPTONSFNST
misstae5289
MinniChica
thatmochagirl
asatrudiva
Neems
Stacye
NubieNatty
rawrrxxjessie
MackDiva
SUIGENERIS
w8tn4myhair
curlykinks
BreezyBaby
IvyCurls
PeaceLove&Freckles:)
DulceDiva
Notthecoolmom
lilindian
NikG20
jamaicacurl
caracara01
ReneesCurls
iHEARTmyhair
TruNatural
allnblack
ShyCurl
KeishaMac
Mslanee1
ChrsLvsBks
Armywife
jada07
MrsReed
BlakButterfli
lil_xelle
adiaha
Patycurls
treoncart
thegirlsmom511
ty
lovesunshine17
truet
CandyCurls88
ccomo
rgaby
tsa919
curlybranch
kinksncoils
CurlyKye
ree1995
Lynnieluve
stacy2009
pamken122
brwnbarbie24
RandRlove
JoyCurl
bevyboo628
Devaofdance
pnkcupcake
Nutmeg
mlmcrae
tobeme
shortay713
HumanNature
techne
TerraD
jessie85
LuvMeLuvMyFro
d.denise
Niqui36
staishique
AfrikanLatina
Mizz Niecy
Sophia'sMom
Deva_87
Loving Me Naturally!
ytiznatural
Silkee
tiannaej
Sunshinecurls
NIAELAN
traveljunkie08
whatevacurls
heavenlyhummingbird
sweetdrk1
BajanPrincess82
NikE
laleepop14
MNHair
Namun
snappynappy
Intelligentbeauty
Napturally B
Enchantment
AuthenticQueen
nayshay
rebelrocks
CurlyNOLA
Silky Soul
tiashaunteƩ
nappietales
theboldandthecurly
*CurlyNikki*
124 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 4 Empty Re: Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED

Post by jada07 8th December 2009, 12:20 pm

I love the idea of a PJ showdown (great idea SnappyNappy)! I have bought so much stuff since I started this journey 2 years ago and even more since I found this natural world on the internet!

I also think featuring unique styles would be good. I love my twist-n-curl out but I am anxious to try something DIFFERENT and have no idea where to start.

Thanks for the great site!
jada07
jada07

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 8th December 2009, 7:18 pm

Oh oh! One more thing.

Maybe a Natural Guide? Something that has basic definitions of natural terms, which would have been GREAT when I first went natural.

Co-Wash
ACV
DC
Cones

These were all terms folks used on Message Boards and when I would read them, I'd be like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . lol Maybe even a thread link with the definition so folks could read what other CN.com readers said?
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Armywife 8th December 2009, 8:12 pm

I would like to see more natural hair tutorials . I also would like more information about different hair products.
Armywife
Armywife

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 4 Empty Curl Type - Hype or Not?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th December 2009, 10:26 pm

Is knowing your hair type important? A panel of long time curlies and professionals could discuss the topic. I spent so much time initially trying to figure out my hair type. I think knowing your hair's texture, elasticity and porosity are key to achieving and maintaining healthy curly hair.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mslanee1 9th December 2009, 10:48 am

I would love some more articles on different types of styles. especially since it is winter and I am hair styling challenged, I would love to see videos or step by step instructions on pin-up styles. Also, some more positive stories about black men loving black natural women. Black men seem to get a bad rap on this topic (maybe some deserve it) but generally in my experience they LOVE it.
Mslanee1
Mslanee1

http://www.twitter.com/Charrisespieces

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 9th December 2009, 2:43 pm

I would like to see more about transitioning hair as well. And I am not talking about transitioning before the BC, I am saying a 1 year +. I am going through this phase right now and having a hard time trying not to cut it all off. Also, I would like to see more about how the people who submit their profiles style their hair (specific tutorials or videos). I have seen some inspirational hairstyles and I want to know how to achieve it when I get to that stage. Finally, I would like to see more info on products (such as henna amla, etc.).

Oh, and I forgot about the economic impact of being a PJ! I have bought so much over the past month and traveled all over the city to find specific products. I think that we as curlies have a lot of buying power and we are faithful to the products that work. I don't know why the retailers where I am don't see it that way! (Why does my closest WF not carry Kinky Curly???? Don't you think that's a little ridic, since they are almost an exclusive carrier of the stuff??)

Last edited by KeishaMac on 9th December 2009, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a thought!)
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by ShyCurl 9th December 2009, 6:09 pm

I would love to see more Recipes for natural hair- DC, DT, Spritzers (concoctions) ect...
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 4 Empty topic

Post by allnblack 9th December 2009, 7:41 pm

i'd like to see info abt dealing with different textures post-transition. i am fully transitioned, but the center of my hair is just very different the rest. wondering is there a way to get it to the same texture or is it is what it is? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
allnblack
allnblack

Back to top Go down

Post by TruNatural 10th December 2009, 1:19 am

I would like to see styling tips and natural hair recipes.

Having an ayurveda expert on here.
TruNatural
TruNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by iHEARTmyhair 10th December 2009, 4:48 pm

With the holidays just around the corner, I would like to see women and their hair resolution for the new year. What is it that we are going to start to do OR stop doing? What change are we welcoming into our hair lives in order to promote longer, stronger hair for the new year. Bring in 2010... you can start with me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ... keep this site going I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
iHEARTmyhair
iHEARTmyhair

http://iHEARTmyhair.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneesCurls 10th December 2009, 6:59 pm

I would love to see more videos, they are so helpful! I would also love to see more info on protecting hair when heat styling. I wear my heair curly 98% of the time but I want to make sure I am doing what's best that other 2% so i don't end up with breakage.

Also, I agree with NIAELAN, I would love to find a place where I can get my hair done by a professional without being afraid!

ReneesCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by caracara01 11th December 2009, 11:11 am

Hello. I would like to see more "Holiday Hair" especially for going to "after 5" /semi-formal events. I would to see curlies showing off their hair acessories--and the websites or stores that they purchased the hair acessories from. I would like to see more info on 4a/b curlies with fine hair. I would like to know what products to use on 4a hair that is oil and butter sensitive, glycerin and aloe sensitive. Finally, since I love the TWA spotlights, I would love to see a daily column on TWA care. Thanks! The site is awesome, Nikki.
caracara01
caracara01

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 11th December 2009, 11:47 am

So many great ideas that I also would like to see!

*Various styles for medium and long hair (video tutorials are great)
* Info on ingredients
* People's homemade concoctions for their hair
* Curlies from around the world
* Sometimes it's hard to tell if a product will work on my hair even if it gets rave reviews by others. So maybe having 3 (or whatever number) curlies with different hair textures/types use and review one product and show and tell their results.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 11th December 2009, 2:06 pm

How about a post about the new movie The Princess and the Frog. Maybe encouraging moms to take their children to see the movie and support it. I'm pretty sure it comes out today....

Just a thought. Smile

We hope to go see it tomorrow....
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lilindian 11th December 2009, 4:16 pm

Hey Nikki! I would like to see more styling options like the flexirod and rollersets. Also more styles for longer hair. And any quick styles besides a bun (my DH is calling me Marge Simpson because of all the big buns i wear! LOL). And most of all I would definitely like to see more on transitioning please!!!!!!! Any and everything about transitioning. I dont wanna BC so I would like suggestions on dealing with the terrible twos, and the best products to use.

lilindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 12th December 2009, 5:59 pm

I would like to see a flash back topic...something where you can post pics from your childhood before relaxers and prior to going natural. I think it could be fun (and funny.)
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 4 Empty curl junkie giveaway

Post by DulceDiva 13th December 2009, 2:32 am

1. more kiddos styles --b/c I think part of the reason a lot of us went natural is to be a powerful example for our daughters. i love when my 2 yr old daughter says her hair is pretty...like mommy's

2. product swap forum/post--(maybe this already exists here) i have more products due to a seriously bad case of PJism than my linen closet can hold. hate to waste, and know someone could really use some of my good stuff.

3. holiday syles--ASAP!

4. more posts on being natural inside and out and from the top down (loved the skincare post on oil cleansing!), i'm gluten-free vegan so always love finding a great vegan product (my current fav is the jonathan line)

5. feature on prevailing curl styles from all over the world--like south africa, haiti, nigeria (bit partial to that one there :-), england, france, canada

6. post your fav homemade hair product recipe (loved the herbal rinses post)
DulceDiva
DulceDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by PeaceLove&Freckles:) 13th December 2009, 11:55 pm

I would like to see more styles for midlength naturals. Somehow somethings jus come out looking awkward, but I am still working on that twist and curl.

PeaceLove&Freckles:)

Back to top Go down

Post by IvyCurls 14th December 2009, 12:27 am

I'm trying to survive as a long term transitioner and I would LOVE some more style ideas. Dealing with two textures is really difficult, so as a college student not trying to look a hot mess but not ready to big chop I'm always willing to experiment with new styles~~~~
IvyCurls
IvyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BreezyBaby 14th December 2009, 12:37 am

Hey Nikki,

I'm sure you have readers all over the world or at least have readers who have roots all over the globe.
It would be interesting to have a weekly feature highlighting some of the unique techniques/products that women all over the world use to make themselves beautiful.

Sort of like a "Beauty Secrets from Around the World" weekly post.

Smile
BreezyBaby
BreezyBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by curlykinks 14th December 2009, 12:45 am

I'd like to see more content on how to deal with everyday issues/encounters as a kinky-haired man/woman. How do you deal with the rules, etc. of Corporate America while still expressing your personal style through your hair? What about dating and misperceptions about men/women with natural hair? Even simple daily encounters in which people become fascinated by your hair and reach to touch it AS they're complimenting you or marvelling at the texture. Plain and simple, living life as a napptural is, in many ways, different than when I had silky, flowing locks. I think I've been able to find countless tips for hairstyles, products, etc. on various web sites, but little about how to just BE as a natural.
curlykinks
curlykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 14th December 2009, 1:00 am

I'd like to see something about building self-esteem...in little girls(and boys) and in yourself while rocking your natural hair. It seems like that is something I see alot of women mentioning as far as why they would not go natural.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by w8tn4myhair 14th December 2009, 1:08 am

I think we should discuss how your natural hair has changed you and the confidence that comes with natural hair.
w8tn4myhair
w8tn4myhair

Back to top Go down

Post by SUIGENERIS 14th December 2009, 1:39 am

Hey!

-I'd like to see interviews on Women in Government with Natural Hair
-How about a humorous post competition where we upload pics/vids of our 'nightly' headscarf routine. The funniest wins (something from your stockpile of course Wink! (My friend always laughs at me and my 'head hanska' as he refers to it.)
-I think a regular feature on 'Natural Hair in the Media'/natural hair watch would be quiet interesting.
-How about a 'Tween/Teen' feature. I'm a teacher and 95% of the young girls, by age 8, already have serious/Major! hair damage/loss. It seems like after 1st grade or so the beautiful beads and braids are gone and mother's start perming their daughters heads to drastic results of course (Ive seen some as young as Pre-K/Kindergarten with relaxers! and kids in 1st grade with weaves!) Perhaps, we can identify a young woman 12-16 who can write about being natural and in middle/high school. This voice is missing (except for Family Going Natural on Youtube) and would be an awesome addition!

That's all for now!
SUIGENERIS
SUIGENERIS

Back to top Go down

Post by theboldandthecurly 14th December 2009, 3:30 am

Okay so I thought about it some more...and I would like to see more protective hair styles, styles that last at least a week, and how to keep styles. I get sooo sick and tired of having to keep redoing styles or having to do my hair every three days or so (if that's even possible)
theboldandthecurly
theboldandthecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next