CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED

+120
one.tru.luv
Passion
yaya
alainabee
pfarley
SpoiledMamaCurls
Newbie2natural
FemmeFox
blknbutiful1
kitchensandkurls
pandzz
Natural Wheezes
Freestyles
A85
Mimi
naijabelle
My fro loves me
HAMPTONSFNST
misstae5289
MinniChica
thatmochagirl
asatrudiva
Neems
Stacye
NubieNatty
rawrrxxjessie
MackDiva
SUIGENERIS
w8tn4myhair
curlykinks
BreezyBaby
IvyCurls
PeaceLove&Freckles:)
DulceDiva
Notthecoolmom
lilindian
NikG20
jamaicacurl
caracara01
ReneesCurls
iHEARTmyhair
TruNatural
allnblack
ShyCurl
KeishaMac
Mslanee1
ChrsLvsBks
Armywife
jada07
MrsReed
BlakButterfli
lil_xelle
adiaha
Patycurls
treoncart
thegirlsmom511
ty
lovesunshine17
truet
CandyCurls88
ccomo
rgaby
tsa919
curlybranch
kinksncoils
CurlyKye
ree1995
Lynnieluve
stacy2009
pamken122
brwnbarbie24
RandRlove
JoyCurl
bevyboo628
Devaofdance
pnkcupcake
Nutmeg
mlmcrae
tobeme
shortay713
HumanNature
techne
TerraD
jessie85
LuvMeLuvMyFro
d.denise
Niqui36
staishique
AfrikanLatina
Mizz Niecy
Sophia'sMom
Deva_87
Loving Me Naturally!
ytiznatural
Silkee
tiannaej
Sunshinecurls
NIAELAN
traveljunkie08
whatevacurls
heavenlyhummingbird
sweetdrk1
BajanPrincess82
NikE
laleepop14
MNHair
Namun
snappynappy
Intelligentbeauty
Napturally B
Enchantment
AuthenticQueen
nayshay
rebelrocks
CurlyNOLA
Silky Soul
tiashaunteƩ
nappietales
theboldandthecurly
*CurlyNikki*
124 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 2 Empty Re: Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED

Post by Silkee 7th December 2009, 1:50 pm

Hi there,

I would like to see more for the newbies that are still in the learning stage. I'd like to know how to determine whether my hair is 4a/b/or c. That is all a bit confusing to me. I would also like to know more about retaining moisture. My hair always looks dry to me but when I touch it, it doesn't necessarily feel dry. Which do I believe and how can I get it to not "look" dry and frizzy?

What's funny to me is when I first did the b/c; the lady that did it for me said I have 'fuzzy' hair. What's that supposed to mean? That is definitely not what I wanted to hear immediately after having all my hair cut off. Sadly though when I ran my hand across it, it kind of reminded me of a cotton ball.
Silkee
Silkee

Back to top Go down

Post by ytiznatural 7th December 2009, 2:32 pm

i would like to know more about styles also, since I am new to thing I can go on and on. But my biggest is wanting to know about henna, I just purchased some and will be trying it maybe by next week
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Me Naturally! 7th December 2009, 2:43 pm

I would like to see more product choices for TWA's. Also, I have a 2 Two year old daughter and I would like to continue growing her hair. Her hair is very thick and I can't scalp braid; So right now I am doing both of our heads everyday day! Too Much Work!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My co-worker teased me today because I have yet to post any pictures, but I have yet to find a style that totally works for me. I think it's because I have yet to find the right products for my hair. So Products and styles are what I would love to see. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Loving Me Naturally!

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 7th December 2009, 2:55 pm

I definitely like that you spotlight naturals on your site. It is really inspirational. There should be do's and don'ts when coloring or highlighting natural hair. I see a lot of sistas with colored hair and maybe there could be an article about how to properly maintain color treated hair. I would also like to see more about how to tackle dryness especially in the winter. maybe there should be an article on what products are not beneficial in the winter.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia'sMom 7th December 2009, 3:35 pm

I'd like to see more info on hair care in the dryer, winter months (how to keep it conditioned, hat-friendly styles, etc.).

Sophia'sMom

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 2 Empty Curl Junkie Giveaway!!!!

Post by Mizz Niecy 7th December 2009, 3:37 pm

Hey Nikki,

1. I would also love to see more maintenance on people who color hair
2. More tutorial on hair how too's
3. How to deal with hair in the south with the humidity.

Thanks.

Mizz Niecy

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 7th December 2009, 3:37 pm

How dope would it be if...

1. there was a resident mixtress featured ever so often on CN.com who could give homemade product recipes for both our hair and body?

2. there were more hairstyle idea for curlies with hair that isn't quite long but isn't a TWA either? (below earlength but not quite shoulder length)

3. there was a resident curly makeup artist who did tutorials on how to apply makeup? (I've seen ladies talk about wanting to learn on the forum)

4. there were more tutorials on how to WINTERIZE our hair routine?

5. there was a SPOTLIGHT for small curly run businesses or up and coming? (Maybe some people are trying to get their name out there for some service or product that they offer)

6. there were natural men featured in the SPOTLIGHT? (men use chemicals too lol) I'd love to take a look at men with fros, locs, kinks, and curls and see their journey. I've been documenting my hunnys loc journey

7. there was a hair history lesson every now and then? Black hair through the decades.

I think it would be QUITE dope lol Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by staishique 7th December 2009, 4:15 pm

Hi Nikki,

I'd like more style ideas/tutorials, information about length retention, (maybe this would be something to start in the forums) maybe a collective 'themed' hair challenge.
staishique
staishique

Back to top Go down

Post by staishique 7th December 2009, 4:17 pm

I like the idea of more homemade hair recipes, too!
staishique
staishique

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 7th December 2009, 4:25 pm

I'd like to see more on children's hairstyles. My daughter is 6 years old with very thick, kinky hair. I would love to see some ideas on how I can style her hair.
I'd also like to see some Winter ideas or protective styling for someone who isn't quite good at doing the twists and braids. lol! Those style haven't turned out right for me yet.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 7th December 2009, 4:30 pm

Well I love everything about the site already. Here are some interesting things we could do:

-having a guest male poster every now and then (someone may have mentioned this?)
-having specials on styling "dry" hair - or styles that get the most "days" out of them; tips for dealing with and styling dry hair
-posting baby pics - some people already do this in their spotlights but I think it's so interesting to see what people's hair looks like as a baby to not only compare to what their hair looks like now but also to see what their hair could look like in the future (and maybe it could be like a game - post 4 baby pics and 4 now natural pics and see if we can figure out who is who?)
-having local spotlights - its easier to be natural in some cities more than others so profiling "being natural in LA" or "being natural in Nashville" could help address what the views of being natural are like in specific areas. It could be something that's first addressed in a discussion on the forum or through an online focus study and then shared with the group - in addition to maybe highlighting the best beauty supply stores in the area or the local finds.

Hope this helps!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 7th December 2009, 4:36 pm

Due to my love for the old school Afro I would like to see more pics of the ‘fro. I would love it if we had a day when everyone submits a post of their biggest, wildest, unapologetic afro. Also, if we could discuss products to use when our hair is ‘fro(ed).
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jessie85 7th December 2009, 4:42 pm

I'd like to see much more styling tips etc. I can't figure out what to do with my hair the way i'd really like to. It's hard for me to figure out what to do sometimes so like different fresh styles would be awesome.

The support here is really great.I really like this site (that i'm fairly new to) as a transitioner of 8 months. I really enjoy a lot of this information and the support is great!

jessie85

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 7th December 2009, 4:51 pm

@rebelrocks: I agree about the support issue. My family is very intense about my hair, it can cause arguments!

@tiashauntee: More style options! I love the bigger individual braids that some ladies wear and would love to learn how to do it without looking like a teenager!

I would also like to see how curly ladies feel about politics. I have never been interested but since Barack gets so much slack for what he does, I've tried to read up more. Curly girls need to know whats going on with our tax dollars too, especially with chronic PJism!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by techne 7th December 2009, 5:21 pm

Hi Nikki,

I dunno this whole site is huge and I haven't read everything on it, but I definitely like the dry styling idea, I dry style my hair most of the time, it holds better that way. I feel like that probably contributes to the damage that I get to my ends though. I mean I am transitioning so my ends are eventually going to be cut off but I would love to have more information about dry styling, what products people are using, techniques for detangling etc.

Also I'd like to see a style gallery with step by step photos of how to do the styles and the results. And yes someone said something about loving the old school afro.. I too vote for 'fro and tell! cheers

Boy this all seems like a lot of work! I have been working on a few things in that area to share and I will certainly share them when I finish, but I guess that would be the thing I'd love to see. Dry styling guide.

Love Love Love the site and check in daily everyday!
techne
techne

http://needlesandscotch.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 7th December 2009, 5:24 pm

I would really like to read more topics on simple hair treatments such as oils and conditioners that the members of this site are using. I am trying to take a more natural approach to treating my hair with love but I am a bit overwhelmed with all of the hair ingredients. It seems as if some of the treatments are so involved. I guess if there were some kind of guide or more tutorials on the actual process it may seem more approachable. I am learning a lot form this site so this is not a complaint but I am a bit confused. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MAYBE a question/topic of the week or question of the month (if a week is too often) would be something to consider.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by techne 7th December 2009, 5:25 pm

@LuvMeLuvMyFro: Yes! Love your idea!! I have no idea what to do with mine.. in my youtube video I call it huge and untamed..that's what it is..lol
techne
techne

http://needlesandscotch.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shortay713 7th December 2009, 5:41 pm

I would like some help on MAINTAINING hair styles. For me, twist-outs/bantu-outs only last a couple days....I try to diversfy it but it still doesn't last long, so help would be great, please Smile

shortay713

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 2 Empty RE: Curl Junkie Giveaway!!

Post by tobeme 7th December 2009, 5:43 pm

I think that you should add a section to your site that features black females who sell and make their own jewlery, natural hair clothing or products. i am always searching for these types of shops online and i know that other women are too!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i also think that you should feature women who have recently big chopped and trace their journeys through their products, hairstyles and hair growth.

i also think that you should have a place that is just a pictorial of natural hairstyles for various lengths. tutorials could even be added.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by tobeme on 7th December 2009, 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title)

tobeme

Back to top Go down

Post by mlmcrae 7th December 2009, 5:52 pm

Hello CN,

I would love to see more topics on proper detangling and what ingredients help to prevent it. Detangling is one of the biggest problems that I face when I am washing my hair. Also I would like to see more tutorials for different hair styles that we could try, like the one you posted for Mahagoncurls.

Smooches

mlmcrae

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 7th December 2009, 5:56 pm

I'd also like to see styles that cover up the temple area. Because my edges are so thin and bald in some spots (I've been working on growing them in) its hard to come up with ways I can style my hair. So I would love love love to see ideas on that.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Nutmeg 7th December 2009, 5:57 pm

What a wonderful giveway, I'm amp'd! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'd like to see...

1. Continued ingredient/science-geared reviews w/Curl Whisperer: I find these to be very helpful

2. Product Reviews: It might be nice to get a set group of 6-8 testers with various textures/lengths/porosity, and have them all do the products at the same time. That can help one better determine the likelihood of a product working for their hair.

3. Lifestyle Posts: The post you did about natural hair and sex is still, by far, my favorite (ha!) -- that along with wedding hair, etc., just looking at the various natural hair-related issues that arise outside of styling and maintenance.

Nutmeg

Back to top Go down

Post by pnkcupcake 7th December 2009, 6:04 pm

I would like to see info from maybe a contributor in the medical field on natural hair after chemotherapy. That's a little heavy, but my Mom had locks MBL when she went through chemo and lost all of her hair. It's been 6 years and her hair doesn't grow, and it has no curl pattern. She proudly sports her TWA, but i would love to see something that could help her get her growth and curl back.
Thanks Nikki! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by pnkcupcake on 7th December 2009, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled word)

pnkcupcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Devaofdance 7th December 2009, 6:09 pm

I would like to see;
-more on how to color your hair w/out damaging it.
- Cute hair accessories and where to purchase

Devaofdance

Back to top Go down

Post by bevyboo628 7th December 2009, 6:10 pm

I would love to see more on taking care of my hair in the cold cold winter.
Advice on the BC would be great like what is the best way to prepare for it and how can you do it yourself.
Where can I get these beautiful hair accesories I see all these ladies with?
child friendly styles would be great also! ( trying to convince my lil sis she doesn't need a relaxer!
Finally more detail on how to do french braids or flat twists!

CN I LOVE your blog! I've recommended it to all my friends who are considering going natural... absolute best! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bevyboo628
bevyboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next