CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED

+120
one.tru.luv
Passion
yaya
alainabee
pfarley
SpoiledMamaCurls
Newbie2natural
FemmeFox
blknbutiful1
kitchensandkurls
pandzz
Natural Wheezes
Freestyles
A85
Mimi
naijabelle
My fro loves me
HAMPTONSFNST
misstae5289
MinniChica
thatmochagirl
asatrudiva
Neems
Stacye
NubieNatty
rawrrxxjessie
MackDiva
SUIGENERIS
w8tn4myhair
curlykinks
BreezyBaby
IvyCurls
PeaceLove&Freckles:)
DulceDiva
Notthecoolmom
lilindian
NikG20
jamaicacurl
caracara01
ReneesCurls
iHEARTmyhair
TruNatural
allnblack
ShyCurl
KeishaMac
Mslanee1
ChrsLvsBks
Armywife
jada07
MrsReed
BlakButterfli
lil_xelle
adiaha
Patycurls
treoncart
thegirlsmom511
ty
lovesunshine17
truet
CandyCurls88
ccomo
rgaby
tsa919
curlybranch
kinksncoils
CurlyKye
ree1995
Lynnieluve
stacy2009
pamken122
brwnbarbie24
RandRlove
JoyCurl
bevyboo628
Devaofdance
pnkcupcake
Nutmeg
mlmcrae
tobeme
shortay713
HumanNature
techne
TerraD
jessie85
LuvMeLuvMyFro
d.denise
Niqui36
staishique
AfrikanLatina
Mizz Niecy
Sophia'sMom
Deva_87
Loving Me Naturally!
ytiznatural
Silkee
tiannaej
Sunshinecurls
NIAELAN
traveljunkie08
whatevacurls
heavenlyhummingbird
sweetdrk1
BajanPrincess82
NikE
laleepop14
MNHair
Namun
snappynappy
Intelligentbeauty
Napturally B
Enchantment
AuthenticQueen
nayshay
rebelrocks
CurlyNOLA
Silky Soul
tiashaunteé
nappietales
theboldandthecurly
*CurlyNikki*
124 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED Empty Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED

Post by *CurlyNikki* 7th December 2009, 10:37 am

What topics would you like to see discussed on CN.com? (style tips, food for thought, etc.)

Next Monday (the 14th), one winner will be randomly chosen from those that entered Very Happy

Good luck!

Last edited by *CurlyNikki* on 23rd January 2010, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED Empty Re: Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED

Post by theboldandthecurly 7th December 2009, 11:07 am

Yay! The first one!! lol....well...I would love to see more articles on the curly girl method. I want to start this method in January and I would love to have more on this method posted on this website.

I would love to see more styles too with pictures from different users! Can't get enough of those!
theboldandthecurly
theboldandthecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by nappietales 7th December 2009, 11:10 am

I am interested in hearing how other curly head combat the dreaded hair clogs in the drain. I currently use a stopper but somehow my drain still seems to clog. This past weekend I pulled out a blob of hair mixed with conditioner that resemble a small animal (eww) . So to avoid a divorce in the near future I would like to know how other curly heads prevent hair from going down the drain.

nappietales

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 7th December 2009, 11:14 am

@nappietales, I keep DrainPro on hand for the clogged drains. I haven't had a problem since I started using it.

I would like to see more topics on style options (going out, protective, and everyday) especially for longer hair naturals.

Also, I think an ingredient post that highlights the details about specific ingredients would be helpful. Many times we hear to stay away from XYZ but don't always know why.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silky Soul 7th December 2009, 11:34 am

Hello - I am in need of instructions - visual and written - on great night time rituals! My product juckie disease has run rampant and I have different products stashed all over the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I am confused on what to use on my transitioning hair at night. I have lots of Vo5 conditioners and I am not sure what to do with them for moisturization. Do I use a quarter size amount or a handful? I use a product once and then I move on - should I try it more than once to decide if my natural hair likes it or not? I am confused!!!!! I am 10 to 11 months in to my transitioning and so far I have not decided to big chop. I am taking small cuts away at my relaxed length. I have had long hair most of my life and until my thyroid condition came in and starting working with the relaxers to thin out my ends and shorten my length. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! I feel myself wanting to reach for a little bit of the creamy crack just to keep it manageable! I have 3c mostly with a little bit of 3b. My hair is very wavy and extremely thick and dense!!!!!!! I broke down this weekend and blowdried after airdrying completely and used my new Maxiglide. HELP before I fall off the cliff and return to the darkside!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Silky Soul
Silky Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyNOLA 7th December 2009, 11:37 am

I would like to see more styles as well as profiles from "Curlies" with colored hair. I am curious to know if there is an over the counter product that's good or a brand (i.e. Aveda) that is better than others.

CurlyNOLA

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 7th December 2009, 11:44 am

I think it'd be great if we focused more on building a stronger community amongst the women/men on the site! I'm not sure about anyone else, but it's hard being one of the only curly women at my job/in my family! We need support Smile

I also think it'd be cool if we took a more holistic approach to being natural. Our diets, personal stresses and how we treat our bodies inside and out!

I know when I became natural, I also became more conscious of my overall health! It'd be good to hear those stories Smile
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by nayshay 7th December 2009, 11:47 am

i would like to see a post or two about curly hair natural who color they hair, how they care for it, and also how they prevent damage. im loving my twa, and im starting to get the color itch.

nayshay

Back to top Go down

Post by AuthenticQueen 7th December 2009, 12:07 pm

I would love LOVE to see posts on Winter hair and maintenance! I live in Chicago and it is freezing! We just had our first snow fall and I am now starting to feel the effects on my hair. I'm interested to hear about how people protect their hair when they are outside for an extended period of time without ruining their curls.(i.e walking in downtown Chicago) Hats? Scarf? Some other thing to keep hair protected and ears warm? I need ideas! Thanks Nikki! You're the best!
AuthenticQueen
AuthenticQueen

http://authenticqueenspeex.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchantment 7th December 2009, 12:28 pm

I'm very interested in more styling options for curlies with long hair. I think I'm rather boring as far as styles and that would help me a lot I think.

Also, since I have long hair, should I try to get my hair cut into a style, say for instance a long bob or layers? I want to keep my length, but sometimes I just feel my hair is blah! Please help.
Enchantment
Enchantment

Back to top Go down

Post by Napturally B 7th December 2009, 12:31 pm

I agree with AuthenticQueen, I would like to see posts about how to maintain your hair during the Winter. I also would like to see styles that are good for showing off length or product reviews about products that helps to prevent shrinkage.
Napturally B
Napturally B

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 7th December 2009, 12:36 pm

As a transistioner and since I see CN.com as a transition friendly site [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , I would love to see a transition expert (like Boston Maria) as a stapled resident on the transiton thread. I know she has a fabulous post on naturallycurly.com that can be used as a basic transition 101 for all transitioners. This info was very helpful to me when I first started. And maybe this will reduce topics being repeated on that thread.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 7th December 2009, 12:45 pm

1. Show your stash..all of it.
2. Craziest style
3. How to maintain natural hair in the winter.
4. "Braiding and twisting for dummies"- Tutorials
5. Natural Bambino's- show off your little naturals
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Namun 7th December 2009, 12:45 pm

Take CN.com around the world! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I'd love to see more articles/posts about curlies from other countries. I've seen fab pics of ladies on LeCoil, some of them are living in the EU. I would like to know about their routines, what products they use, if they style their own hair, what type of hair issues do they face . . .? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Namun

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED Empty What I'd like to see

Post by MNHair 7th December 2009, 12:51 pm

I'd like to see more styles & styling tips for fine haired curlies that were always natural (never transitioned). I've been natural for many years, but was mostly wearing flat ironed styles. I'm tired of wearing the wash & go, y'all. My daughter is asking to flat iron it--because it looks bogus (her words, but I agree). I have tried the twist-n-curl, the braid-n-curl, roller set and bantu knots. Bantu knots picked out weren't too bad, but it took so much time. The T-n-C and B-n-C were just sad. It could be because it's not one length, but I see other beautiful curly heads with layers. I feel like I'm destined to wear a wash & go until it's all one length which I don't want to do in this Minnesota cold. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MNHair
MNHair

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 7th December 2009, 12:54 pm

I would love to see some new styles for naturals. I mean there is so much versatility with syles and things to do I would love to see some naturals who create their own hairstyles and would love to share their own styles...

Also since I am in the process of transitioning, I would love to see a section dedicated to transitioning sistas where someone could post like you (curlynikki) does and gives advice and tips about transitioning.

Besides that I love your website and love your posts and have to check curlynikki at least 2 times a day.
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by NikE 7th December 2009, 1:09 pm

I would love to see more styling tutorials, I was great at styling my permed hair but have found that styling my natural hair is a bit more difficult for me. I tried to do a twist out and it was a HOT MESS! I find that my hair is very dry, so the styles look a ton better when my hair is wet. Any styling tips for 4a/4b hair would be most appreciated! Smile
NikE
NikE

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 7th December 2009, 1:26 pm

I would like to see more style tutorials and some topics where men and their opinions are featured (men who support natural hair of course).
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th December 2009, 1:31 pm

Hi CN,

looks like you have some good stuff to use here. I would like to see a bit more detail with styling. For example, how to get rid of the dreaded parts when roller setting or two strand twisting. I love my current routine with roller setting (although my arms do not) I just struggle with getting rid of the parts and I hate the frizzy curl look. Help!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED Empty How To....

Post by heavenlyhummingbird 7th December 2009, 1:34 pm

I would like to see more topics on transitioning styles. It's wonderful to have the beautiful TWA or the huge curly/kinky/coily/wavy big hair but what about the two textures that just make you want to throw in the towel.

I would also like to see more topics on how to become one with your hair when you have those moments when you feel like you're not sure if you want to stick with this b/c you're not sure what to do with your hair.

Lastly, I would like to see more topics on getting your hair started (trained) after you have transitioned and you have the TWA or the length b/c you didnt BC. Like how long did it take for you to start seeing your true curl pattern....

Thanks Nikki. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
heavenlyhummingbird
heavenlyhummingbird

http://www.fotki.com/heavenlyhummingbird

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED Empty what i want to see

Post by whatevacurls 7th December 2009, 1:35 pm

on CN...

um, can a sister get some info on length retention? you know, how to get and *keep* that swang.
dunno if this is poss. but there are a lot of products on the market these days and a girl can't try everything. at least i can't. perhaps a survey of the cn community is in order. let everyone have a vote so that we can all see which cream rises to the top. i'd love to see the results.

whatevacurls

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 7th December 2009, 1:36 pm

I'd like to see something like a Big Chop Primer (e.g. preparing for the BC, what to expect after the BC, tips for doing your own BC, etc.).

I also agree with having an international spotlight!

Oh, it would also be interesting to hear from a man. I've seen posts from a few members of the forum that their husband doesn't support/like/understand their transition to natural hair. So it'd be kinda neat if a man gave his POV/tips/advice so women with this issue could direct their husbands/SO/boyfriend to it.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by NIAELAN 7th December 2009, 1:40 pm

1. I would love more info about ingredients.

2. I would love to see more protective or "hat friendly"styling options for the winter months.

3. I wish we could add an ayurveda expert to the rotation. I'm a "henna head" for life and I would love to know more about using amla, neem etc.

4. Spotlight on natural hair salons around the country ( I'd love to get a hair cut, but I'm afraid to set foot in a salon!!!!!)

NIAELAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshinecurls 7th December 2009, 1:40 pm

Hello CN!!!

Since I am new to the site but I have already spent many hours going backwards on the blog to see what I missed!! LOL!! I would love to see more product reviews with actual video tutorials and results. It's nice to read about products but if I could see a step by step on how the products are used and details about what it did for that person's hair that would be great. Thanks!!CN!! Happy Holiday's!
Sunshinecurls
Sunshinecurls

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED Empty Topics of Interest

Post by tiannaej 7th December 2009, 1:45 pm

I'd like to see more info/ advise for what to do when you're in that in between stage since your hair is technically too long for a twa but too short to put in a cute bun/pony. I am in the stage and I have no idea what to do with my hair most days.

I would also like more info on good accessories to accentuate our hairstyles.

tiannaej

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next