CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED

+120
one.tru.luv
Passion
yaya
alainabee
pfarley
SpoiledMamaCurls
Newbie2natural
FemmeFox
blknbutiful1
kitchensandkurls
pandzz
Natural Wheezes
Freestyles
A85
Mimi
naijabelle
My fro loves me
HAMPTONSFNST
misstae5289
MinniChica
thatmochagirl
asatrudiva
Neems
Stacye
NubieNatty
rawrrxxjessie
MackDiva
SUIGENERIS
w8tn4myhair
curlykinks
BreezyBaby
IvyCurls
PeaceLove&Freckles:)
DulceDiva
Notthecoolmom
lilindian
NikG20
jamaicacurl
caracara01
ReneesCurls
iHEARTmyhair
TruNatural
allnblack
ShyCurl
KeishaMac
Mslanee1
ChrsLvsBks
Armywife
jada07
MrsReed
BlakButterfli
lil_xelle
adiaha
Patycurls
treoncart
thegirlsmom511
ty
lovesunshine17
truet
CandyCurls88
ccomo
rgaby
tsa919
curlybranch
kinksncoils
CurlyKye
ree1995
Lynnieluve
stacy2009
pamken122
brwnbarbie24
RandRlove
JoyCurl
bevyboo628
Devaofdance
pnkcupcake
Nutmeg
mlmcrae
tobeme
shortay713
HumanNature
techne
TerraD
jessie85
LuvMeLuvMyFro
d.denise
Niqui36
staishique
AfrikanLatina
Mizz Niecy
Sophia'sMom
Deva_87
Loving Me Naturally!
ytiznatural
Silkee
tiannaej
Sunshinecurls
NIAELAN
traveljunkie08
whatevacurls
heavenlyhummingbird
sweetdrk1
BajanPrincess82
NikE
laleepop14
MNHair
Namun
snappynappy
Intelligentbeauty
Napturally B
Enchantment
AuthenticQueen
nayshay
rebelrocks
CurlyNOLA
Silky Soul
tiashaunteƩ
nappietales
theboldandthecurly
*CurlyNikki*
124 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 3 Empty Re: Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED

Post by JoyCurl 7th December 2009, 6:14 pm

I would love to see recipies for hair and body, how to make your own products...loving all the Mixtresses and the valuble info they provide!
JoyCurl
JoyCurl

http://public.fotki.com/joycurl/

Back to top Go down

Post by RandRlove 7th December 2009, 6:36 pm

I would love to see more pictures, and step by step instructions on some unique protective styles. Buns are nice, but I wanna see some other ones.

RandRlove

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 3 Empty Style tutorials

Post by brwnbarbie24 7th December 2009, 6:50 pm

I would definitely love more styling tutorials to be discussed on here. The twist-n-curl, curly fro, and some others are great styles but my hair doesn't turn out very well with twists unless they've been left in for days Sad So, I would like to see some more styling options and also be given the steps to achieve the style.
brwnbarbie24
brwnbarbie24

https://www.youtube.com/brwnbarbie24

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 3 Empty RE: CURL GIVEAWAY

Post by pamken122 7th December 2009, 8:19 pm

HTTP://DO-YOUR-THANG-GIRL.BLOGSPOT.COM/

I WOULD LIKE MORE DISCUSSION ON:

• WINTERIZING YOUR HAIR
  • COMBATING DRY SCALP
  • HEAT PROTECTANTS(DO THEY REALLY WORK)
  • CELEBS AND THEIR HAIR ROUTINE

Last edited by pamken122 on 7th December 2009, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
pamken122
pamken122

http://do-your-thang-girl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by stacy2009 7th December 2009, 8:21 pm

Hi Nikki,

- More styling tutorials please
stacy2009
stacy2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th December 2009, 8:30 pm

I am loving all of these ideas. I would like to see more on coloring natural hair, a spotlight showing natural hair from all over the world, and more styling options forcusing on all lengths. Ooo...and homemade products.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ree1995 7th December 2009, 8:51 pm

I'd like to see an entry examining the twist-out versus the braid-out. (t-n-c vs. b-n-c). I know many people do both styles, but twists appear to be much more popular with naturals. This based on my totally unscientific poll and observations after stalking several natural hair blogs and fotkis. Why do twists apear to come out on top? Is it the look of the twists? Are twists easier to make? (I prefer braid-outs myself.) I would be interested to know which one most CN naturals prefer and why. Would also like to know if different products are used for each style.
Would love to see more natural celebrity profiles, too.

ree1995

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 3 Empty Oooh la la!

Post by CurlyKye 7th December 2009, 9:05 pm

I'd love to see more styling ideas for those in the "in-between" hair length. I'm a tad longer than shoulder length stretched but I'm at neck length curly and am running low on styling options.

Thanks!
CurlyKye
CurlyKye

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncoils 7th December 2009, 9:24 pm

I'd like to see more tutorials on styles, and style options for 4a curlies, that include how to's. Like how to trim your hair. I had really dense thick hair, and would like to see more styling options for people with similar textures as myself.

kinksncoils

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybranch 7th December 2009, 9:42 pm

I'd like to see more about styling options and how to grow a bad hair cut or the dreaded "triangle".

curlybranch

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 7th December 2009, 9:49 pm

Hi there,

I would like to see more on my hair type 3c. WHat to use, more styles, more of how to detangle. O, and more on different oils and where to buy and such. Im learning day by day from Nikki and you all!Thx for all the great info.
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 7th December 2009, 10:02 pm

RE: Curl Junkie Giveaway!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] by tobeme Today at 3:43 pm

I think that you should add a section to your site that features black females who sell and make their own jewlery, natural hair clothing or products. i am always searching for these types of shops online and i know that other women are too!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i also think that you should feature women who have recently big chopped and trace their journeys through their products, hairstyles and hair growth.

i also think that you should have a place that is just a pictorial of natural hairstyles for various lengths. tutorials could even be added.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is such a GREAT idea. This will promote supporting the community. There are so many creative people who do not have a platform. And I also search for these products as well.

A pic tutorial would also be a plus.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 3 Empty TRANSITIONING THE MIND/ HELD CAPTIVE BY LENGTH AND PERM

Post by rgaby 7th December 2009, 10:13 pm

I would like to see more articles on transitioning our minds to accept our new selves. Although I transitioned for 17 months before the big chop, after the BC I still wore my hair in a bun for another year. In my mind's eye, I still saw myself with long relaxed hair. I had to let go of the relaxer and let go of length in order to accept my new self. I was held captive by length and the perm.

I would also like to see articles where the same products were tested on different textures and types of hair. Perhaps have some of the ladies from the forum (those who use a particular product), with different textures, contribute to the same article.

Last edited by rgaby on 7th December 2009, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to include new idea)
rgaby
rgaby

Back to top Go down

Post by ccomo 7th December 2009, 10:22 pm

I would love to see more articles on retaining length. I didn't get a trim (dust) for about 9 months and had to get about 2 inches cut off of my hair. I started transitioning in September 2006 and became 100% natural in October 2007.
ccomo
ccomo

Back to top Go down

Post by CandyCurls88 7th December 2009, 10:53 pm

I would love to know more about protective styling for the winter and how to stay fly during these cold winter months. Im from chicago and it is really too cold for wash n go's and puting a hat on my head ruins whatever style I try!!! It sucks! Im about to get braids and call it a day!

CandyCurls88

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 7th December 2009, 11:04 pm

I would like to see more homemade deep conditioning and other oils. and tips that pertain to the seasonal months. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesunshine17 7th December 2009, 11:04 pm

I would also love to see more discussions about product ingredients. I use B&B Super Gro and saw it on the list of possible cancer causing hair products. But I looked up all the ingredients and still can't figure out which one is a hormone. I know there are a few scientific curly chemists out there who could help the rest of us pick safe products.

I would also love to see a section on hair accessories and how to spruce up protective winter styles.

Lastly, I would love to see picture tutorial how-tos. For example "how to trim your hair yourself" or "how to cornrow."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lovesunshine17
lovesunshine17

Back to top Go down

Post by ty 7th December 2009, 11:44 pm

I would love to see:
1) tips on preventing frizz throughout the day
2) more styling tutorials
3) makeup tips
ty
ty

http://tysnaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlsmom511 7th December 2009, 11:45 pm

Hello out there my fellow curly gals,

Nikki, LUV your site!!! I'm learning so much here.

Since I am 45 (yes 45 years old....shhhhh don't tell) I would Love, love, luv to see more articles, interviews and style suggestions for us curl divas over 40. I've been natural for 2 years and finding these sort of things for us baby boomers is hard. Most styles are geared towards those in their 20s and 30s but what does one do as they get older? Hair texture have a tendancy to change with that good old thing called the change of life. Let's talk about that. There are a ton of things that us older chicas would enjoy seeing.

Keep up the good work!!!!
thegirlsmom511
thegirlsmom511

Back to top Go down

Post by treoncart 8th December 2009, 1:47 am

I would love to see more posts on curly hair styles! I usually only wear my hair down big and curly or in a curly pony. Most of the time I have no idea what to do with my hair. Seeing more style posts will help me to learn and try to new things with my hair! Thanks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

treoncart

Back to top Go down

Post by Patycurls 8th December 2009, 2:06 am

What has been said a before - a section on salons with people posting feedback on their experience with various salons and stylists across the country. Also, information on various herbs and ingredients in hair products, as well as people's experiences using them to make their own homemade products.

Patycurls

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 8th December 2009, 3:06 am

Ditto on the salons, natural hair care salons are not as easy to locate as the typical beauty salon
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_xelle 8th December 2009, 3:09 am

I would really like to see more post on getting the younger generation (me) to appreciate our hair and stop the teasing and other nonsense against afro textured hair. I would also like to have more post on overall health and alternatives to our daily products. Just better ways to live healthy Smile

lil_xelle

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 8th December 2009, 8:42 am

My first forum post! I'm sooo excited! Anywho...

...I am one who has very soft hair and it seems a lot of products/reviews come from those who are blessed with the thick hair that I really wish I had. So, it would be great to see some reviews on products for those with finer hair textures.

Also, I'd love to see reviews on products that promote hair growth and any health related articles to natural hair. I've been a Type 1 Diabetic since I was six and I'll be (GULP) 30 in a month and it's always made me wonder how someone's health (especially with a chronic illness) can affect hair growth.

But, I love this site, so keep up the good work, Ms. Nikki!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Curl Junkie Giveaway-- CLOSED - Page 3 Empty Curl Junkie Giveaway

Post by MrsReed 8th December 2009, 12:06 pm

Hi Nikki!
This is also my 1st forum post!

Well first off, CurlyNikki just want to tell you that your site is AWESOME! So much helpful info on here. LUV IT!

I would luv to see:
1. Natural Hair regimens & styles for children. Twists, cornrows,etc ( I have three little girls. Two of which want "straight or permed hair" like their friends. I also have two sons.) I think we need to instill in our daughters (and sons) that being natural is being different, but it is still good. Most children struggle to fit in, so I understand that this is hard on them. However, I refuse to relax my girls hair. So I try to incorporate that being natural is beautiful!
2. I also agree that it would be nice to have:
A Big Chop Primer (I'm currently transitioning...want to do a BC before 2010. But I'm nervous. I've always had BraStrap length hair.)
3. Poll on Products and the results on different hair types
4. Henna Info..like recipes and pics.I've Henna'd myself and my husband, but would luv to see other results.
5. Healthy Living Info...Since i've been on this natural hair kick, I've totally revamped not only what i put ON my body, but what I put IN my body. I now take herbs, vitamins, and supplements. I even have my husband and children taking them, too!! I would like to find out how others are improving themselves and what changes they made to their lifestyles.

Thanks Nikki! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last relaxer 11-2008
Hair Type 3b/3c/4a

MrsReed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next