CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

+32
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
MelMelBee
MrsSunshinz
Fleur
kekesmom29
MissyCee
BajanPrincess82
CocaColaCutie
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
Nikcoils
Ainsleytom
TheRYL1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Umph
Myeka33
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
missmoriah
jlowman1
Pretty_Vee
brandiitneka
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
36 posters

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 16 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by Umph 28th February 2011, 9:53 pm

@Nubie, Urban Decay is great! I want to get that BLACK palette! If it wasn't for CN I wouldn't know about UD! I'm Loving all that CN has to offer!

@Jlowman1, how is the Maybeline Fit working for you. I purchased the liquid and MAN o MAN I HAD AN OIL SLICK ON MY FACE! Good thing I bought the pressed powder too, I use that instead the liquid. Great light full coverage - for cheap. I hate to waste the liquid- it's a great match; how can I make it less oily? Any suggestions?

Thanks Ladies!
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 16 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by MelMelBee 1st March 2011, 12:04 am

Ladies...I just came from the MAC counter at Macy's and I am IN LOVE with the Superwoman line shadows and gloss....Right now I have a wig fund with $5 in it, but I'm about to take that $5 and add it to the MAC fund!!!

Anyone else try the line with fabulous results???
___________________________________________________________________________________
Christians and Chicken
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st March 2011, 12:24 am

Lynnieluve wrote:.::LOUD AND COUNTRY::.

Hey EVERYBODY!!! I'm here. I am a beginner. Here is my latest eyeshadow attempt. Pointers please!!! BTW: This was after wearing the makeup about 5 hrs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I used the "cheat sheet" eyeshadow....you know the one that tells you were to put the colors on your eyes.

Also, I need to know the best, cheap, beginner brushes...like Target cheap.

Thanks in Advance!
Welcome Lynnie! I like elf's shadow brush. Other less expensive brushes include NYX professional and Essence of Beauty (CVS - often on sale).

MelMelBee wrote:@Chrs...Werk Girl!!!!! How many colors are you wearing?...
I am wearing five colors, yellow in inner eye, green on middle, blue on outer V and crease, purple above crease and electric blue pigment to line bottom waterline.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st March 2011, 11:24 am

elf is or will have tinted moisturizers. See here. I may check them out.

Also, HauteLook is featuring Michael Todd Cosmetics and Crown Brush on sale Thursday. Many YT makeup lovers like Crown Brush brushes and makeup from Michael Todd.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st March 2011, 1:04 pm

Ok I said no more make up right? Didn't I type that in here? Well I have to go see the MAC paint pots live and in person! I absolutely love them as a base! Makes it look like I know what the hale I am doing! Hahahahahahahaaa!

sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 1st March 2011, 3:12 pm

Umph wrote:@Nubie, Urban Decay is great! I want to get that BLACK palette! If it wasn't for CN I wouldn't know about UD! I'm Loving all that CN has to offer!

@Jlowman1, how is the Maybeline Fit working for you. I purchased the liquid and MAN o MAN I HAD AN OIL SLICK ON MY FACE! Good thing I bought the pressed powder too, I use that instead the liquid. Great light full coverage - for cheap. I hate to waste the liquid- it's a great match; how can I make it less oily? Any suggestions?

Thanks Ladies!

Hey @Umph! From what I've heard its mostly for people with dry skin which is what I usually have but as its getting warmer, I'm noticing that my skin is getting oily so I'm gonna put this down for the Spring and Summer and try something else out...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 1st March 2011, 9:21 pm

Urban Decay will be on sale this month on Haute Look site... I hope there are great deals. I know the Naked Palette is pretty popular.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st March 2011, 9:44 pm

@ NylaCoils & Jlowman - Thanks ladies! Smile

@ KrazyCoils - Thanks! I will check Dollar General for the ELF brushes first then move on up to Sonia Kushiak. Yes I did use a primer. I have the Urban Decay primer. I was scurred to pack it on but I knew I needed more Embarassed I'm always scared I'm gonna look like a clown. Laughing

@ ChrsLvsBks - Thank! I'll look at the NYX brushes too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st March 2011, 9:47 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:elf is or will have tinted moisturizers. See here. I may check them out.

Ooooh, I may have to try this.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st March 2011, 11:50 pm

run She's here! My Naked Plette was sitting at the door waiting for me to get home! cheers I am so excited!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd March 2011, 1:12 am

@lynnie-with the primer u dont need much to make an impact, just dab it on and rub it across the lid (i use my finger) u just need to stop bein scared of the shadows, lol. its ok i've been there! now my UD "scratch" from my palette is dmn near gone cuz i seen the plate on that thang Shocked

@umph-dont count on the palettes to be on sale at hautelook, i seen ONE palette 3 sales ago n of course it was sold out by the time the sale opened up on the west coast. i mainly use hautelook when UD's on sale for brushes (which were $2), and shadows i.e. loose shadows (normally $20 but sold for $5) and stuff like that. i got some colored mascara Evil or Very Mad never again...as long as it took me to get it...that shyt was as dry as a nun's drawz!! i still have the bottle wondering how i can bring it back to life scratch

but as usual...i will be checkin for them even though im sure it'll just be a bunch of glosses n shadows...all i need is SCRATCH whether its loose or not, lol.

NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd March 2011, 2:34 pm

okay I had a long post going and I hit something and it disappeared!! Dang!!! (not the word I really want to use)

Anyway...here's the short version...

Chrs, Sweet, Nubie y'all are looking good!! Chrs I love the vibrant colors on you...very pretty.

@Lynn...glad you finally made it over here. A word of advice...listen to KC about the elf brushes...especially the ELF eye shadow brush. That is the best $1 I've sent in a long time!! LOL

I had to go back to page 14 to catch up, but thanks ladies for share the links to Makeupalley and KarlaSugar.....so I know what I'll be doing for lunch today.

I've made a few purchases and I will share what I bought after I get a good feel for what I'm using. You know I produce oil like nobody's business so I've been on a search for something that is going to control the oil. I'll try to update with pictures tonight.

OH...I ordered my UD Naked Palette today. dance So glad I checked in or I would have missed it again!!

I love this thread!! Thanks to all of the lovely ladies for weighing in and sharing your looks and tips!! I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 2nd March 2011, 6:52 pm

In my mailbox today...I got my Eve Peal concealer!! Plus, I got some lip pencils from Ebay.

I put some of the eve pearl under my eyes! Let me say, this it is tempting to buy the whole make up line!! It is awesome!!!

I got the tan/dark. My camera is acting hinky will post pics when I can!
Also, you ladies got any suggestions on what kind of look I should apply for my licence pic (birthday coming** 3 days)
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd March 2011, 7:00 pm

NylaCoils wrote:In my mailbox today...I got my Eve Peal concealer!! Plus, I got some lip pencils from Ebay.

I put some of the eve pearl under my eyes! Let me say, this it is tempting to buy the whole make up line!! It is awesome!!!

I got the tan/dark. My camera is acting hinky will post pics when I can!
Also, you ladies got any suggestions on what kind of look I should apply for my licence pic (birthday coming** 3 days)
I'd go neutral with a pop of purple, I think you mentioned that was your favorite or one of your favorite colors. You can add it right above your crease.

You got me wanting the Eve Pearl. I am going to hold out. My bags have been carrying a lot more these last couple of weeks. DH is working midnight shift. Me no like sleeping alone Crying or Very sad .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd March 2011, 7:48 pm

@Chrs...what is tumblr? I love your page it is soo nice? Is this like a blog or something?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd March 2011, 8:01 pm

I went to the MAC store for lunch today!! I tell you a sandwich from Chick-Fil-A would have been cheaper!!! affraid

So the MUA told me that I had a lot of eye space? scratch I was like I have small eyes, and he told me how he thought I should have applied my eyeshadow. Rolling Eyes Now here I was thinking I had done a good job!!! Go figure. confused

However, I did get the famous 217 blending brush!! I just looked at my receipt affraid lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 2nd March 2011, 9:12 pm

NubieNatty wrote:@lynnie-with the primer u dont need much to make an impact, just dab it on and rub it across the lid (i use my finger) u just need to stop bein scared of the shadows, lol. its ok i've been there! now my UD "scratch" from my palette is dmn near gone cuz i seen the plate on that thang Shocked

@umph-dont count on the palettes to be on sale at hautelook, i seen ONE palette 3 sales ago n of course it was sold out by the time the sale opened up on the west coast. i mainly use hautelook when UD's on sale for brushes (which were $2), and shadows i.e. loose shadows (normally $20 but sold for $5) and stuff like that. i got some colored mascara Evil or Very Mad never again...as long as it took me to get it...that shyt was as dry as a nun's drawz!! i still have the bottle wondering how i can bring it back to life scratch but as usual...i will be checkin for them even though im sure it'll just be a bunch of glosses n shadows...all i need is SCRATCH whether its loose or not, lol.

Thanks for the tip Nubie! I won't get my hopes up.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 3rd March 2011, 12:18 am

brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 3rd March 2011, 1:39 am

Nubie- Im sorry in all my rambling!! Did i tell you that look is on FIYAH! that is how it is pronounced in SOUF!

KNH- I wouldnt think much of what the MAC guy had to say! I think you do an awesome job! with them BABY DOLL EYES!!

Chrs- I will post pics tomorrow! Purple is my color!!!!!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd March 2011, 2:13 pm

Lawd help my wallet. I just dropped some dough on the Crown Brushes on Hautelook. I also got the 88 Matte Pallet. I have lots of shimmers, but not many mattes. I can't wait to get them!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd March 2011, 2:58 pm

brandiitneka wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9nkKwhvWYM&feature=player_detailpage

I may try this look this weekend.

That's cute!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd March 2011, 3:20 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:@Chrs...what is tumblr? I love your page it is soo nice? Is this like a blog or something?
I wish I could explain it. It is a blog but also much more. You can add photos, texts, links, etc. plus reblog others photos, texts, links, etc. I am in I love you . If I do not have anything personal to share. I can share what I like that others have shared. It is so afro .

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I went to the MAC store for lunch today!! I tell you a sandwich from Chick-Fil-A would have been cheaper!!! affraid

So the MUA told me that I had a lot of eye space? scratch I was like I have small eyes, and he told me how he thought I should have applied my eyeshadow. Rolling Eyes Now here I was thinking I had done a good job!!! Go figure. confused

However, I did get the famous 217 blending brush!! I just looked at my receipt affraid lol!
It's an investment. At least that is what most folk say, LOL. I have not even used mine yet due to the cost. I don't want to dirty it up, LOL.
NylaCoils wrote:Nubie- Im sorry in all my rambling!! Did i tell you that look is on FIYAH! that is how it is pronounced in SOUF!

KNH- I wouldnt think much of what the MAC guy had to say! I think you do an awesome job! with them BABY DOLL EYES!!

Chrs- I will post pics tomorrow! Purple is my color!!!!!!
Uhmmmmm, yeah, where that picture at, got me waiting Suspect . I will check back later.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 3rd March 2011, 4:56 pm

My memory card wont come out of my camera. I scanned my license. My hair looks so good (if I must say so myself) I felt like, I was channeling MISS ROSS! well sort of,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

Thank you Chrs- for the wonderful suggestion!!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 3rd March 2011, 5:37 pm

NylaCoils wrote:My memory card wont come out of my camera. I scanned my license. My hair looks so good (if I must say so myself) I felt like, I was channeling MISS ROSS! well sort of,

Love the pic!!! I'm just shocked that you won't renew your ID again until 2021
Shocked Do you know what can happen in 10 Years?!?!?!?!?!?! By that time, you could look like a completely different person! In PA it's every 4 years! Sorry for ranting...LOL.
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 3rd March 2011, 5:50 pm

MelMelBee wrote:
NylaCoils wrote:My memory card wont come out of my camera. I scanned my license. My hair looks so good (if I must say so myself) I felt like, I was channeling MISS ROSS! well sort of,

Love the pic!!! I'm just shocked that you won't renew your ID again until 2021
Shocked Do you know what can happen in 10 Years?!?!?!?!?!?! By that time, you could look like a completely different person! In PA it's every 4 years! Sorry for ranting...LOL.

Its every 4 in Bama too! I was looking at the same thing. lol

Your hair looks great Nyla! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next