CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

+32
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
MelMelBee
MrsSunshinz
Fleur
kekesmom29
MissyCee
BajanPrincess82
CocaColaCutie
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
Nikcoils
Ainsleytom
TheRYL1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Umph
Myeka33
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
missmoriah
jlowman1
Pretty_Vee
brandiitneka
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
36 posters

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 19 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by sweetdrk1 9th March 2011, 11:41 pm

Nub you gotta check out the lashes Shelbey had on for a photoshoot!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 19 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by krazy coils 10th March 2011, 1:28 am

@Nubie - I applied false lashes this past weekend and its not as hard as you think. I watched some youtube vids and honestly it took maybe 10-15 minutes to apply both lashes. The key is not to look straight ahead in your bathroom mirror. Get a mirror that sits on a table and look down.

I used the Duo lash glue that I got from Walgreens and I used Lashes from the BSS. First when you remove the lashes from the package put against your eye to make sure they fit, if they're too long you may have to cut them. Apply eyeliner to your eyes and next apply the glue to the lash and allow it to get tacky before you attempt to put the lash on. This can take anywhere from 30-40 seconds. I don't apply directly to my lashes but a little above and I used tweezers to place the lashes on. Press down to make sure it sticks and then apply liquid liner along the false lash line to cover up the lash band.

To remove I put makeup remover on a q-tip and rubbed on the lash and pulled it up. This was a long post (lol) but I also attached a vid that helped me.

ETA: I removed the vid because it was taking up too much space. But it was a how to apply false eyelashes from Xsparkage on YT.

Last edited by krazy coils on 10th March 2011, 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th March 2011, 10:09 am

jlowman1 wrote:Not to be an enabler or anything lol BUUUUUT....

If you watch a lot of makeup tutorials and that sort on Youtube you probably have heard of Inglot cosmetics. Well they FINALLY have an online shopping site, it is: http://www.inglotusa.com/

The 10 shadow Freedom palette plus 10 shadows of your choice is about $55 now but the price will eventually go up to about $80. I don't have one but I am thinking about ordering one before the price increase, the pigmentation is awesome on these shadows!

Yes you are enabling us...lol (thanks for posting..ROTFLMBO) I've see several of April's videos on this palette. I'm going to check it out, but I don't have a clue as to what colors to get. I guess I'll check out April's video and pick some of the colors she used.

I need help!! No more eye shadows after this! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th March 2011, 10:11 am

krazy coils wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I'm so behind y'all. I'm still experimenting with make-up, and trying different colors. However, I seem to get the same look no matter what color I use...LOL

So to answer Chrs question on how we can get out of using the same colors; here's is a suggestion....

Can those of you that are real good with colors post a tutorial video here in this thread for us to copy? Then we can post our pictures trying to re-create your look back in this thread. (hope I'm making sense here)
I think that would help us try different colors.

My problem is I don't know what to do with all of the colors I have. You know like what to put with green or yellow or purple. Today I did a gold and blue....its alright, but I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. drunken

I'm getting all of these YouTube make-up video's mixed up in my head!! lol

I will try to record this weekend when I do a color look. I'm not sure how the lighting will be but if its clear I will post in this thread.

Thanks KC...I can't wait and I promise to post pictures not matter out it turns out!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th March 2011, 2:14 pm

yldthng wrote:
NubieNatty wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i use virgin to highlight my browz but my faves are sin-half baked-toasted n hustle...sometimes sidecar depending on my mood but i dont like the extra glitter effects Rolling Eyes

i could do without: gunmetal, creep, naked n buck. gunmetal is TOO glittery n its funny cuz the glittery colors are in my ammo palette that i rarely use!

i need some more naked palette inspirations....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I need THAT palette. What brand is that?
Hi! Welcome to the makeup thread yldthing! It is the Urban Decay Naked palette. They are sold in Sephora & online. The thing is so many people on YT and makeup boards were raving about it so it became nearly impossible to find. They have changed one of the items in the palette, not eyeshadow wise. They switched out an eyeliner for a brush. Some are happy with the change others are not.

Love the natural look NikCoils.

Here are my latest looks.

Tuesday
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yesterday - Less Makeup Day, no eyeshadow, wish you could see eyes better *forgot to take picture without glasses. I had on black and purple liner*

Today
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/font][/color]
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 10th March 2011, 2:44 pm

very pretty as usual Chrs!!! I love the alst lip color what is that?
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th March 2011, 3:46 pm

Hey Ladies!

I just discovered the wonderful item called a tinted moisturizer. It main purpose or benefit is it a sunscreen, but it does cover the skin with SPF and even out your tone. I've been searching for something ligther to wear on an everyday and during the warmer months. So while in Target I was only supposed to get toothpaste. I saw on the clearance section my the make up a tinted moisturer in Dark by the brand Boots ( i live in a highly populated asian area) so usually i can find item for those with a dark skin ton on sale rather quickly. It was only $5 buck so I wanted to test it i thought it was to good to be true.

so this morning on a naked face this is my before the tinted moisturizer

This is after with only the tinted moisturizer only at home i really couldn't tell because it is so light (as in heavy) compared to my foundation

I think this is what i will be wearing for the spring and summer months to come. i really like it and it was easy to apply (with my hands) like putting lotion on your face Do any of you use tinted moisturizers? if so what brands?

Love to Love Trio by MAC no lips on yet...i usually do that in the car to save time Smile

me at work

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th March 2011, 7:34 pm

Pretty_Vee wrote:very pretty as usual Chrs!!! I love the alst lip color what is that?
Thanks Pretty_Vee, love your vids! I am wearing CoverGirl's Temptation (285)-orange with shimmer with Jordana's Pretty Shine in Dazzling (10). I really like the combination. Both colors are way more orange than the picture shows. I will invest in a D-SLR camera one of these day. They are just so gosh darn expensive.

@NikCoils, I love tinted moisturizer. They are great when you have great clear skin. I like Laura Mercier. I also purchased one from Rock & Republic (have not tried). When my skin clears, I plan to wear them more often. As for Boots, I have one of their foundations. I like it, good coverage.

Ladies I purchase a lot of makeup. But please know, I rarely pay full price. With that said, CVS drugstore will have Revlon Buy One Get One next week. I follow them on Twitter. I will show you my Rock & Republic purchases soon. I purchased more of their eyeshadows. They are offering $100 off a $200 purchase (cosmetics only). I absolutely I love you their makeup.

I also follow Sam Fine on Twitter. Check out black|up cosmetics. I want to say someone mentioned them before. They are high end cosmetics--$19 for shadows, $40+ for foundation. I want to try some of their shadows. Mr. Fine commented that they were very pigmented, I'm guessing he was referring to the shadows.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 11th March 2011, 2:07 am

kc- thanx cuz i took notes and ill be tryin it on sat.
chrs-when u start ur MUA biz, im game to be a model...and i been lookin for u on twitter...i couldnt find u???? send me a msg on twitter..
nik-im lookin for tinted moisturizer n foundation tomorrow. ill be startin at target first becuz boots no. 7 can be quite expensive so $5 is a steal.

i loooove sam fine too so i need to follow his azz!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 11th March 2011, 2:11 am

oh wait...i almost forgot to show yall...

im gettin better at perfectin this liquid liner thing! normally i dnt like to use it too much becuz i feel like my hand aint steady enuff n my dmn eye would be lookin like i drew a lightning bolt or something Rolling Eyes so i need to practice some more with the liquid.

i try to do long strokes but i get so nervous becuz since u say it for last, imma be mad if i phk up my eye after applyin all that shadow!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th March 2011, 8:54 am

@Chrs love how the orange lipstick looks on you! I saw the CG temptation and wondered how it would look. Also I got my Rock & Republic shadows and love how they look!

@Nubie - the liquid liner looks good. I've started to use liquid liner again because gel liner dries out so fast and takes longer to apply.

Last edited by krazy coils on 11th March 2011, 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 11th March 2011, 1:12 pm

Thanks Chrs! those videos are hard work. I said I wanted to do one a week but uuuuuh...it takes to much away from family time so mabye i every two weeks.

And yep..I'll be making a trip to the store this weekend! LOVE that color!

Nubie...looks good! I've been practicing withthe liquid too. The one i have is the NYX but I notice after about an hour or two it starts to get all crumbly...how do I prevent that from happening ladies?

Is it just that it's NYX and I should switch brands or is there another solution? I've been looking all over for Loreal Super Liner but to no avail.
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 11th March 2011, 1:22 pm

@nik: Love the new avi! Very cute! & I liked the neutral look

@chrs: Very pretty orange lipstick. I need to check that out.

@nubie: The liner looks good. I cant do a good thing wing to save my life. It always comes out thick. I have been getting better though by using Palladio's Eye Ink. Its so easy to control.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 11th March 2011, 2:34 pm

@nubi i just gotta say you are working those brows! I need to work on filling in my eyebrows since i have a natural arch.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th March 2011, 2:46 pm

Pretty_Vee wrote:Thanks Chrs! those videos are hard work. I said I wanted to do one a week but uuuuuh...it takes to much away from family time so mabye i every two weeks.

Nubie...looks good! I've been practicing withthe liquid too. The one i have is the NYX but I notice after about an hour or two it starts to get all crumbly...how do I prevent that from happening ladies?

Is it just that it's NYX and I should switch brands or is there another solution? I've been looking all over for Loreal Super Liner but to no avail.

I've noticed this also with liquid eyeliner and I was wondering if it was the brand. I've been using one by Maybelline but I'm looking for another that doesn't give that crumbly look.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 11th March 2011, 4:48 pm

krazy coils wrote:
Pretty_Vee wrote:Thanks Chrs! those videos are hard work. I said I wanted to do one a week but uuuuuh...it takes to much away from family time so mabye i every two weeks.

I've noticed this also with liquid eyeliner and I was wondering if it was the brand. I've been using one by Maybelline but I'm looking for another that doesn't give that crumbly look.

I was talking to my coworker earlier about it and she said she uses MAC liner in Blacktrack (the one that comes in the pot)...she wears it faithfully and she said all day it goes without cracking. I think Im going to go ahead and get that one.
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 11th March 2011, 10:11 pm

I wanted to get the lipstick that Chrs had so I looked at ads to see who had Covergirl on sale so I ended up at Rite Aid. I purchased of the Covergirl Lip Perfection lipsticks, they are: Euphoria, Smitten, Temptation and Fairytale. FYI: Covergirl products are 40% off until tomorrow...

Here they are on my lips:

Euphoria (by itself)

Smitten (by itself)

Temptation (with Stila's Kitten lip glaze on top)

Fairytale (with NYC's Naughty Nude lip pencil)
This was really bright on me without the pencil so I layered it to tone it down...

My faves are Euphoria and Temptation. Thanks for the rec chrs!

I also recently purchased some La Femme blushes. They are pan only so I have them in my Unii Palette. They are pictured below in order from left to right, top to bottom: Bordeaux, Purple Passion, Coral, Russet, Peach and Mauve...

I also ordered Cinnabar and Terracotta but they will be shipped later...DestinyGodley on YT has a great review of LaFemme blushes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__XedVehwDU

Sorry for such a long post! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 12th March 2011, 12:22 am

@Jlow - I like Euphoria, Smitten and Temptation. I also ordered some of the LaFemme Blushes. From what I've seen they're really pigmented for such a low price. After I get these I think I leave the expensive NARS blushes alone.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 12th March 2011, 2:38 am

krazy coils wrote:@Jlow - I like Euphoria, Smitten and Temptation. I also ordered some of the LaFemme Blushes. From what I've seen they're really pigmented for such a low price. After I get these I think I leave the expensive NARS blushes alone.

They are extremely pigmented. You're gonna love them and I'm with you on that not buying anymore NARS after these. You cant beat the quality for the $2.50 price tag!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th March 2011, 1:12 pm

I need a good moisturizer, any suggestions?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 13th March 2011, 11:10 am

OMG Ladies! Right now, I'm wearing R&R's Loudmouth lipgloss. I LOVE IT! I bought some Rock & Republic makeup in January when they were having a sale on their site and I will DEFINITELY be looking for them on Hautelook so that I can load up!

I blogged about it, check it out!

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com/2011/03/rock-republic-cosmestics.html
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 13th March 2011, 8:13 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I need a good moisturizer, any suggestions?

Garnier is great! I use their Ultra-Lift moisturizer; The Moisture Rescue will be next on my list.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th March 2011, 12:09 am

Umph wrote:

Garnier is great! I use their Ultra-Lift moisturizer; The Moisture Rescue will be next on my list.

I've been using Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel Cream for a couple weeks now, its been working great!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th March 2011, 12:12 pm

I use Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50. I like it a lot. It was recommended by my dermatologist.

Ladies, I like Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liners. They do not crack and definitely have staying power. I have to really press and rub to get them off.

@jlow, nice colors. I'm glad I missed the sale. I really need to cut back on my makeup purchases. It's hard but I am doing it.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th March 2011, 1:35 pm

Hey ladies!

I got sucked in to this cute looking blush by Physican's Formula only because it is cute and i got an additional $3 off at rite aid so it is normally $12 so I got it for $9. Aint's it cute! I will let to know how it works out later as far as wearing it.

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next