CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

+32
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
MelMelBee
MrsSunshinz
Fleur
kekesmom29
MissyCee
BajanPrincess82
CocaColaCutie
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
Nikcoils
Ainsleytom
TheRYL1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Umph
Myeka33
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
missmoriah
jlowman1
Pretty_Vee
brandiitneka
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
36 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 17 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by NylaCoils 3rd March 2011, 6:13 pm

It used to be every 4 for 10.00- Now it is every 10 for $25.00.
The last one that I took was over 10 years ago. I do look totally different in that picture! LOL
When the lady at the counter said, do you want to change pics. I said Yes!! I was 32 in this last picture!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 17 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd March 2011, 7:12 pm

@Nyla, daggone memory card, picture looks good from what I can see. I hope the card comes out soon. Your hair looks great!!!!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd March 2011, 7:24 pm

lol @ the 2021 license...its about every 5 yrs here i think???? i need to re-do mine anywayz becuz i HATE my pic, it looks like a mug shot but yeeees honey i seen diana ross all up n thru there **snaps**

i need to stay away from yall right now til i get my money right but i will peek at those crown brushes...dmn it!!! **cue window shopper by 50 cent** No
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd March 2011, 8:25 pm

You ladies are looking good. I always come in a peek, I am not a make-up person. At leaste not eyes, I have like 50 lip glosses and lip sticks SMH. keep up the good work, maybe one day i will try.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 4th March 2011, 12:25 am

Aight ladies..I tried another look today...I bought some UD pigments a few months ago and never used them because i was intimidated by the loose pigment idea...i had NO clue how I would use them...so I paired one of my green pigments with two colors from a MAC quad I have and some rosey cheeks and a soft pink lip!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then just to SEE how it would look, I tried a red lip as well.

What do you ladies think? I think I'm getting better at this whole make up thing :-) I'm feeling more confident about it at least.

I DIDN'T do my eyebrows cause I didn't feel like dealing with them and my red lips I just kind of slapped it on...wasn't really trying because I didn't think it would work with it. It looks ok tho so next time I'll go all out with liner and the whole nine...LOL!

I like the look better with the pink lip though over all.
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 4th March 2011, 12:39 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I went to the MAC store for lunch today!! I tell you a sandwich from Chick-Fil-A would have been cheaper!!! affraid

So the MUA told me that I had a lot of eye space? scratch I was like I have small eyes, and he told me how he thought I should have applied my eyeshadow. Rolling Eyes Now here I was thinking I had done a good job!!! Go figure. confused

However, I did get the famous 217 blending brush!! I just looked at my receipt affraid lol!

LMAO!!!!!!!!! the 217 was my first and last MAC brush that was 4 years ago..LOL...i will get more but that price...uh uh I have to get them one by one! You almost have to take out of savings to get a set of brushes at once Razz Laughing oh how i love that brush though..its great for both application and blending.
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 4th March 2011, 1:38 am

@pretty_vee: Very pretty and I love your red lip!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th March 2011, 8:55 am

@ Pretty Vee- Love the look, I actually like the one with the pink lip also!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th March 2011, 11:34 am

CrissyQ wrote:You ladies are looking good. I always come in a peek, I am not a make-up person. At leaste not eyes, I have like 50 lip glosses and lip sticks SMH. keep up the good work, maybe one day i will try.
You can grace us with your lip looks. We do not discriminate. You do not have to do your whole face. Lips will work!

@Pretty_Vee, I like the looks. you sound like me with the pigments. They can be intimidating. I still rarely use them since I am scared to spill them out. I like that you can use them wet or dry.

QUESTION: Ladies, do you feel you use the same colors? Do you mind? If you do, what are some ways to get out of the same colors rut confused

Here is another blue look. I used blues from Rock & Republic as well as a frosty champagne from them. I applied a color close to my skintone from a Wet n Wild palette to help with blending.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th March 2011, 12:43 pm

@Chrs - the blue looks good!

I do feel I use the same colors a lot. Purple is one of my favorite eyeshadow colors and I do so many looks with purple. I don't mind because I love the color! To switch it up I look at different YT vids which use colors I rarely use and experiment with new colors.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 4th March 2011, 12:48 pm

@Chrs... (In my Wendy Williams voice) You are just dippin' it and doin' it! Very pretty!

I do feel as though I use the same colors. I'm a neutral gal so during the week, its mainly skin tone colors with maybe a pop of color on my lower lash line or a toned down smokey eye but that's about it... I do want to get a colored mascara soon. Any suggestions on a good formula that doesn't dry out?
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 4th March 2011, 1:21 pm

Thanks Ladies!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
CrissyQ wrote:You ladies are looking good. I always come in a peek, I am not a make-up person. At leaste not eyes, I have like 50 lip glosses and lip sticks SMH. keep up the good work, maybe one day i will try.
You can grace us with your lip looks. We do not discriminate. You do not have to do your whole face. Lips will work!

@Pretty_Vee, I like the looks. you sound like me with the pigments. They can be intimidating. I still rarely use them since I am scared to spill them out. I like that you can use them wet or dry.

QUESTION: Ladies, do you feel you use the same colors? Do you mind? If you do, what are some ways to get out of the same colors rut confused

Here is another blue look. I used blues from Rock & Republic as well as a frosty champagne from them. I applied a color close to my skintone from a Wet n Wild palette to help with blending.

That is SOOO pretty Chrs!!!

yeah I use the same colors..i always go for greens and purples and wine colors...I dont want to get out of the rut necessarily because those colors compliment my eye color the best I think..

but if I'm looking for inspiration, like KC said, i check out YT or even some magazines
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 4th March 2011, 3:25 pm

To answer the question:

That's why I don't post any pics...I wear the SAME 4 colors EVERYDAY...LOL, despite the fact that I have at least 30 MAC shadows. LOL...so sad!

To get out of this "rut", I need to experiment prior to the morning of leaving out! Being in a rush to get to work, school, etc makes me go back to my favs. I want to do bold colors and stuff like you all, but I'm soooooooooo scared! So I stick with the look in my avi.... such a snooze Sleep
___________________________________________________________________________________

An American Idol performance worth remembering!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th March 2011, 10:12 pm

lol @ vee; yes the loose pigments are intimidating to me also, but i need to venture out n use em more! i vote for the red lip better cuz the pink one is too safe!

@chrs- love the blue, i always feel so naughty when i use it cuz its so bold and in ur face!

i know i use the same colors and i didnt realize it til i reached for my UD "scratch" in my palette n seen that i hit the bottom of it affraid once i seen the lil silver plate i KNEW i used it toooo much. i use it as a base for every look dmn near....so im gonna buy a single one, eek!!

ok i gotta break down n get these brushes from hautelook!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th March 2011, 10:37 pm

You ladies look loverly! Lol yes I use the same colors and I hardly use enough...but I am getting there!

Nub I ordered brushes too! Lol
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th March 2011, 12:19 pm

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 5th March 2011, 2:43 pm

@Melmelbee - practice with the bold colors on the weekend. That's how I started out. I would wear neutral colors during the week and practice with my bold colors on the weekend until I became confident enough to wear them during the week. Also with color start small if you're not used to wearing color. Start with one color shade until you become more comfortable wearing color eyeshadows and work your way up from there. HTH.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 6th March 2011, 8:06 pm

Got a new phone and it takes better quality photos than my old one so here I am to share a look:

Inspired by eyexluvxmakeup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McwYZvB6qhU&feature=feedu and ChrsLvsBks... I wanted to go for louder colors and this is definitely it!

I used Magnolia Makeup pigments 108, Saffronia and Antoinette... The blue is a turquoise from Coastal Scents 88 Matte Palette... On my cheeks is MAC's Amazon Princess from Wonder Woman collection... On my lips is ELF's Maple Sugar liquid lipstick...

FYI: I DID NOT WEAR THIS OUT! I sent this pic to a couple of my friends and family and they almost crapped bricks thinking I wore this out! lol Just artistic expression confined to the walls of my dorm room! lol!

Last edited by jlowman1 on 6th March 2011, 9:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th March 2011, 8:43 pm

oooh jlo, GREAT JOB!! i like it, how many pats did it take for u to pack it on? and is that a WnG?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 6th March 2011, 9:09 pm

@jlo great job!!! Do you like ELF lipstick? I might have to give ELF lipsticks a chance. I love your hair too!
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 6th March 2011, 9:12 pm

NubieNatty wrote:oooh jlo, GREAT JOB!! i like it, how many pats did it take for u to pack it on? and is that a WnG?

Thanks Nub! It took lots and lots of pats lol everytime I'd get one color in the right place, the next would blend into it and make it fade... & yep thats a wash-n-go!

Umph wrote:@jlo great job!!! Do you like ELF lipstick? I might have to give ELF lipsticks a chance. I love your hair too!

Thanks Umph! I havent tried the actual lipsticks. Just the liquid ones in the click tubes but I really like those. Especially this Maple Sugar one. Its def my fav!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th March 2011, 9:42 pm

so my next purchase is gonna be the Bare Essentuals line for some foundation. i need some kind of sheer coverage cuz i feel like im missing something! i also need to be shoppin bronzers soon too!!

so i had a lunch date n i thought i'd keep it subtle that way when i meet em they wont get so used to seein me wit makeup; their not shocked to see what i look like without it affraid

i used the BE blush (fruit cocktail) and i must say...i do love it. not as good as my Nars but for $18, i can dig it. i almost think i used too much!

my lips is NYX african queen which was really last minute cuz i lined my lips wit NYX dolly pink for pink friday Rolling Eyes
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 6th March 2011, 11:22 pm

Very pretty Nubie! I love the African Queen on you! I think it looks great on everyone that I have seen it on from lighter to darker skin tones.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 7th March 2011, 12:36 am

Very pretty Nubie and I love the colors Jlow. You can always wear this look to a party.

Here is another Orange look I did this weekend. Orange seems to be another color I use a lot (lol). The lipstick looks red in the pic but its actually a dark orange color.

and here is a Pink and Blue look I did:

krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th March 2011, 1:16 pm

Very nice KC! I am loving this orange look for spring. I wanna try the Revlon Siren lipstick, I just have to find it lol!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next