CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

+32
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
MelMelBee
MrsSunshinz
Fleur
kekesmom29
MissyCee
BajanPrincess82
CocaColaCutie
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
Nikcoils
Ainsleytom
TheRYL1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Umph
Myeka33
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
missmoriah
jlowman1
Pretty_Vee
brandiitneka
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
36 posters

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 10 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by brandiitneka 9th February 2011, 4:06 pm

Oh Ok!! Chrs, Got Cha! I need to go have a look at those!!! I just went to Walgreens on my lunch break and got another bottle of Revlon Color Stay. I already had the Rich Ginger at home but I got Toast today. I think it is gonna match better. Oh and I saw another orange lipstick I wanna get too. Its Revlon Moondrops but it was like 8.99 so I am gonna try and wait until somebody does a BOGO or a BOGOHO. So have yall decided on any Valentines looks yet?????? I wanna see!!!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 10 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by brandiitneka 9th February 2011, 4:14 pm

Oh, I forgot... SO as far as blush goes, does it make your look umm... "better"(like I really need more make up). I have been thinking about getting some but I am not sure what brand or color. Do yall do oranges, reds or pinks, or should I just settle for a bronzer for the summer?
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th February 2011, 4:29 pm

brandiitneka wrote:Oh, I forgot... SO as far as blush goes, does it make your look umm... "better"(like I really need more make up). I have been thinking about getting some but I am not sure what brand or color. Do yall do oranges, reds or pinks, or should I just settle for a bronzer for the summer?

I've been doing more blush lately. I feel like it makes me look sophisticated. I love a berry blush! I have one unnamed one from my Sephora Color Play set that I love and one by MAC that I can't recall the name of. I have NARS Taj Mahal--which people say is a black girl summer staple. I love it and bought it and used it for the first time in the winter. LOL. I want to get NARS Exhibit A (in the reddish/orange family). Bronzers on me are very subtle, so I like the pop of color that blush provides.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmom29 9th February 2011, 4:31 pm

Can you ladies give me a list of some of your favorite youtube makeupers(lol)...

TIA
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th February 2011, 4:45 pm

Blush adds a lift and a tinge of color to my cheekbones. I try to avoid using it on my cheeks but the actual bone sweeping back to slightly at and above my ear.

I like it a lot. I have berry, pink, red and oranges. Today I used my Rock & Republic orange blush, Immortal, all over my face for a glow. Looks good. Orange colors brighten darker skin tones, thanks petrilude (sp?) on YT.

@kekesmom, just look through the makeup thread. We have listed quite a few over the last few months.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th February 2011, 4:54 pm

kekesmom29 wrote:Can you ladies give me a list of some of your favorite youtube makeupers(lol)...

TIA

There are some YT channels listed here. If you look at older threads, you may find more. It's a pretty popular thread so you may have to look at older posts found within the forum.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 9th February 2011, 5:20 pm

Question- I am looking at the MAC site and I saw this....Iridescent Powder is a finely milled mixture of Mica and pigments which gives the skin a beautiful sheen. It can be used on its own or mixed into other products like foundations or moisturizers to enhance their iridescent qualities. Designed to apply easily and uniformly without streaking and caking, it blends beautifully and can be applied on bare skin or over foundation. Because it's so concentrated it should be used sparingly at first. Apply Iridescent Powder with #129 Powder/Blush Brush for the desired effect.

Has anybody ever tried this? I am wondering if you can use it to make your own tinted moisturizer or for those of us that are trying out the Revlon Color Stay, I wonder will adding this powder make it thicker???? hmmmmmm....????? What do yall think?
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th February 2011, 5:56 pm

brandiitneka wrote:Question- I am looking at the MAC site and I saw this....Iridescent Powder is a finely milled mixture of Mica and pigments which gives the skin a beautiful sheen. It can be used on its own or mixed into other products like foundations or moisturizers to enhance their iridescent qualities. Designed to apply easily and uniformly without streaking and caking, it blends beautifully and can be applied on bare skin or over foundation. Because it's so concentrated it should be used sparingly at first. Apply Iridescent Powder with #129 Powder/Blush Brush for the desired effect.

Has anybody ever tried this? I am wondering if you can use it to make your own tinted moisturizer or for those of us that are trying out the Revlon Color Stay, I wonder will adding this powder make it thicker???? hmmmmmm....????? What do yall think?
Hmmm, not sure if I would add powder to a liquid foundation.

As for the powder, I do not have a MAC one. I have a Bare Escentials product that provides a sheen. I love it. I use it mostly on my neckline and cleavage when going out. It is subtle.

Y'all I think I took some good pictures so you can see my contouring. It is most noticeable at my cheeks. I also did my nose & forehead.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 9th February 2011, 6:33 pm

Youtube is the Best!! Just watched a video on the MAC Iridescent Powder. you can use it for everything! Eyes, over lip gloss, over blush, as a bronzer and as a shimmer. ix it with lotions for a total body shimmer. The bronze would do really well in the summer. I may pick some up this weekend. I will let you know!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th February 2011, 6:54 pm

brandiitneka wrote:Youtube is the Best!! Just watched a video on the MAC Iridescent Powder. you can use it for everything! Eyes, over lip gloss, over blush, as a bronzer and as a shimmer. ix it with lotions for a total body shimmer. The bronze would do really well in the summer. I may pick some up this weekend. I will let you know!
Yep, it is! I think The Fancy Face uses the BE powder as a highlight. Hmmm, I may try it (BE's Pure Radiance) over lip gloss and as a highlight.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th February 2011, 8:00 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
brandiitneka wrote:Youtube is the Best!! Just watched a video on the MAC Iridescent Powder. you can use it for everything! Eyes, over lip gloss, over blush, as a bronzer and as a shimmer. ix it with lotions for a total body shimmer. The bronze would do really well in the summer. I may pick some up this weekend. I will let you know!
Yep, it is! I think The Fancy Face uses the BE powder as a highlight. Hmmm, I may try it (BE's Pure Radiance) over lip gloss and as a highlight.

Chrs: I cosign. She does use it as a highlight and a color for her tearduct quite often. I love her looks, so bright and vibrant but well put together!

Brandi: I use blush, I love the way it highlights my face. My go to for now is MAC's Melba but I have NYX's Pinched & NARS Exhibit A and Albatross (will be using as a highlight) coming in the mail as I type. I cant wait to try out NARS. I hear the pigmentation is ridiculous on women of color.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th February 2011, 8:30 pm

@Brandi - I also wear blush and love it. It gives a hint of color on my cheeks. I love copper, coral, orange, and pink. I haven't found a red color I like yet.

My faves: NYX - Copper and Cocoa (brownish- berry color), Nars Dulce Vita ( rose colored pink), Nars Exhibit A (Burnt Orange/Red color) Black Radiance -Twisted Almond (Copper/ginger color). You can always get the NYX blushes on sale at CherryCulture.com whenever they have one of their big sales.

Also I've seen Songbirddiva4life use the MAC mineralize skinfinish as a highlight under the brow area and on the cheekbone area.

Last edited by krazy coils on 9th February 2011, 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th February 2011, 8:47 pm

@KC: I use the MAC MSF as a highlight as well. I have the one in Gold Deposit, I like it but its a bit chunky. The glitter pieces seem a bit big or maybe Im not blending well enough. I need to play with it a little more...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th February 2011, 11:18 pm

yall got me goin bonkers over here and bouncin off the walls bounce eeek so much to try! chrs, if ur free after the meetup Sat we can head over to the nearest cvs or somethin to shop for ME a foundation,

im wondering should i try liquid or pressed powder? whats the difference and which is easier???

also, im tryin to practice on my liquid liner...any suggestions? i wanna graduate to those color liners chrs posted!!

AND with spring around the corner, how do u choose the perfect bronzer???

BTW, im lovin this naked palette and with my newfound blonde-ness a red lip will be a MUST!!!

NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th February 2011, 11:46 pm

Nubie u are working that cut, color & makeup! Lovessss it!

& that Naked palette is FYE! I reach for it daily. At the rate I'm going, I'll hit pan in 6 months to a year! lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 9th February 2011, 11:49 pm

Nubie- Girl between you and Sweet! I am going to be in trouble! I love the hair and the make-up!!

As for blush--I use pinks and corals..I am finding that I like th neutral look. However, when I wear purples. I will use a pale lavendar blush :-)
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th February 2011, 12:04 am

pale lavendar blush Shocked whaaaat??? from where? i need pics!!! who makes lavendar blush-gimme-gimme-gimme!!!

my blush as of NOW in the stash is:
Nars-orgasm and lovejoy
Bare Essentuals-fruit punch

i wanna get bold n find me a good RED one cuz it reminds me of the 80's and i want a coral orangey one too!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 10th February 2011, 12:41 am

Nubie- I use the same eyeshadow and blend a darker color with it! ELF palette...Here it is - however, you cant really see it!

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 10th February 2011, 12:43 am

@Nubie - I love the blonde hair with the red lip!! Yes I've seen people use a lavender blush. I haven't seen any over the counter in lavender but MAC sells one that is a plum color but you can also use a really pigmented lavendar eyeshadow as a blush also. Makeup Forever also has a lavender colored blush. Some of their eyeshadows double as an eyeshadow and blush.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th February 2011, 1:26 am

oooooooh yall done did it now!!!! thanx for the tip!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 10th February 2011, 5:55 am

Nubie-LOVE IT HUNNY!!

I think i am just going to try a bronzer first and then move on to the blush.
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 10th February 2011, 9:55 am

I love blush!!! i use it everyday..even if I don't wear anything else i always have on mascara and blush and lipgloss.

my faves are rosey/orangish blushes..I think they look really nice on me :-)
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th February 2011, 11:19 am

NubieNatty wrote:yall got me goin bonkers over here and bouncin off the walls bounce eeek so much to try! chrs, if ur free after the meetup Sat we can head over to the nearest cvs or somethin to shop for ME a foundation,

im wondering should i try liquid or pressed powder? whats the difference and which is easier???

also, im tryin to practice on my liquid liner...any suggestions? i wanna graduate to those color liners chrs posted!!

AND with spring around the corner, how do u choose the perfect bronzer???

BTW, im lovin this naked palette and with my newfound blonde-ness a red lip will be a MUST!!!

First, you look absolutely freaking gorgeous with that cut. You are working IT!!

Sure, we can definitely go makeup shopping for you a foundation. Liquids are typically sheerer and lighter. Powders are typically sheer coverage. But with both you can build them up although I think it would be harder with liquid. Powder also helps if you are oily. It can help absorb some of the oil from your face. I do not think one is easier per se just different.

I have heard great things about Revlon's Colorstay, Black Opal and Iman. I have both Black Opal and Iman. I like them both. I purchased Maybelline's mousse foundation, and I like it a lot. The Maybelline foundation is not quite a liquid and not quite a cream. It works great IMO.

As far as liquid liner, try one with a felt tip. I know KISS makes one so does L'Oreal, Revlon and Milani. It can help you practice without the thin flimsy tip that typically accompanies liquid liners.

For a bronzer, I'd suggest something with a golden tint because of your skin color. You do not want to go to brown.

NylaCoils wrote:Nubie- Girl between you and Sweet! I am going to be in trouble! I love the hair and the make-up!!

As for blush--I use pinks and corals..I am finding that I like th neutral look. However, when I wear purples. I will use a pale lavendar blush :-)
Hi Nyla, I am definitely going to have to try a pale lavender blush. I bounce for purples.

@krazy coils, thanks for the tip about MUFE & using pigmented purples for blush. I have a couple. I am going to try it.

Here is a Valentine's Day look. I was inspired by YT channel xxMakeupisFunxx.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 10th February 2011, 8:38 pm

I love blush, NOW! I just started using it a couple years ago... mid 40's creeping up on me; had to ENHANCE! Light plum/rose are my favs.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 10th February 2011, 8:56 pm

It was worth the wait- my 88 neutral color palette, came along with my contour/blush set.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next