CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

+32
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
MelMelBee
MrsSunshinz
Fleur
kekesmom29
MissyCee
BajanPrincess82
CocaColaCutie
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
Nikcoils
Ainsleytom
TheRYL1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Umph
Myeka33
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
missmoriah
jlowman1
Pretty_Vee
brandiitneka
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
36 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 11 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by jlowman1 10th February 2011, 10:19 pm

I got my NARS and NYX blushes. The NARS is A-MAZING! Shocked

Exhibit A looks bright hot orange red in the pan, so scary but when on it looks sooooo pretty. Albatross has a beautiful gold sheen to it. Perfect! I think I'm in love and that's not good cuz I cant be shelling out $26 for blush all willy nilly (in my Tasha Mack voice) lol!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 11 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by krazy coils 11th February 2011, 12:20 am

jlowman1 wrote:I got my NARS and NYX blushes. The NARS is A-MAZING! Shocked

Exhibit A looks bright hot orange red in the pan, so scary but when on it looks sooooo pretty. Albatross has a beautiful gold sheen to it. Perfect! I think I'm in love and that's not good cuz I cant be shelling out $26 for blush all willy nilly (in my Tasha Mack voice) lol!

I know what you mean about the price (lol), but they are indeed pretty and pigmented. I highly recommend the Dolce Vita the next time you decide to splurge. Its so pretty on brown skin!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 11th February 2011, 12:23 am

Has anyone checked out the MAC Wonder Woman Collection? I went to the MAC store today and they have some really great colors. I love the packaging but I'm a big WW fan so I instantly fell in love with it. I'd love to see what anyone has done with it so far.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 11th February 2011, 12:47 am

krazy coils wrote:

I know what you mean about the price (lol), but they are indeed pretty and pigmented. I highly recommend the Dolce Vita the next time you decide to splurge. Its so pretty on brown skin!

Recommendation taken, thats next on my list! lol Very Happy

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Has anyone checked out the MAC Wonder Woman Collection? I went to the MAC store today and they have some really great colors. I love the packaging but I'm a big WW fan so I instantly fell in love with it. I'd love to see what anyone has done with it so far.

I ordered 2 of the lipsticks: Spitfire & Heroine and 2 of the lipglasses: Athena's Kisses & Secret Identity. I haven't gotten them yet though. I love the packaging as well. I think its very cute and colorful. A lot of the comments I was reading, people were saying the packaging looked cheap.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 11th February 2011, 1:37 am

i seen the MAC WW line on wendy a few wks ago and i had to close my eyes cuz i know im a sucker for cute packaging Rolling Eyes

i 2nd that motion on women of color for the Nars Dolce Vita, yes $26 is definitely a bit much but they are sooooo worth it IMO. my sister loves it and she's about a caramel-ish! i think my next Nars purchase will be a bronzer and then they are officially SUSPENDED from my budget til further notice.

i need to get my makeup junky-ness under control, this shyt is gettin out of friggin hand!!!

lmaoooo@ tasha mack too! i love her, that'll secretly be me when mason makes it to the pros "punk azz chauncey"
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th February 2011, 9:09 am

I loved Wonderwoman too and I keep hearing about this Spitfire lipstick, I need to check it out!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th February 2011, 2:42 pm

krazy coils wrote:

That is the color that Kenny put on me...I'm still using the sample, but I know I need to go on and buy it.....very nice color indeed!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th February 2011, 2:54 pm

NylaCoils wrote:It was worth the wait- my 88 neutral color palette, came along with my contour/blush set.

I can't wait to read your review. You know I didn't know you had a blog!!! Shocked Where have I been?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 11th February 2011, 3:07 pm

My mom went to the mall last night and got her makeup done by the lady at the Bobby Brown counter. It looked really nice. She bought the liquid foundation and a concealer. They had a tinted moisturizer that I want to try, and a blush. I think I am gonna try and find a Mac or Iman blush first. I am going to Nashville for my valentine get-away so I should have some pics up by Sunday! Oh and I found another orange lip by revlon.Its from the Moon Drops Collection I am gonna go pick it up today (caint remember the name right now) Sad
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 11th February 2011, 4:21 pm

brandiitneka wrote:My mom went to the mall last night and got her makeup done by the lady at the Bobby Brown counter. It looked really nice. She bought the liquid foundation and a concealer. They had a tinted moisturizer that I want to try, and a blush. I think I am gonna try and find a Mac or Iman blush first. I am going to Nashville for my valentine get-away so I should have some pics up by Sunday! Oh and I found another orange lip by revlon.Its from the Moon Drops Collection I am gonna go pick it up today (caint remember the name right now) Sad

Cant wait to see your orange lips! Your makeup is always so pretty!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th February 2011, 4:26 pm

@brandi, krazy coils and anyone else interested in orange. The L'Oreal number is 710. I saw it in a magazine ad with the number this time. It looked really pretty on the model (fair skinned Caucasian).
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 11th February 2011, 4:52 pm

Hey ladies, I found this amazing site. You guys made me want to see whta the Wonder Woman Collection was all about.

Wonder Woman

They also have a dupe database on the same site
Dupe List

KNH- i dont really keep up with the blog like I should! I will have to do a review of the palette, soon!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th February 2011, 6:58 pm

Thank you Chrs, I will check that one out tomorrow and also some of the one's Brandi mentioned also.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 11th February 2011, 7:43 pm

NylaCoils wrote:Hey ladies, I found this amazing site. You guys made me want to see whta the Wonder Woman Collection was all about.

Wonder Woman

They also have a dupe database on the same site
Dupe List

KNH- i dont really keep up with the blog like I should! I will have to do a review of the palette, soon!

I I love you Temptalia. I've been following her for a couple months now. Her reviews/swatches are awesome & she gets products weeks ahead of time so you can see what you would like to purchase once it comes out.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 11th February 2011, 10:41 pm

Her site is awesome, plus she has somewhat of a hooded eye!(like me) Here is a grey and purple look that I sort of copied from her. I need a better camera! I swear you can't see my plum lips, blush or eyeshadow!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I did put more photos on my blog! Please don't look at the hair. I didnt have any henna, so i dyed it blond (i think). I am going to twist it tonight! I think! lol
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 12th February 2011, 12:27 am

I love the plum on you, Nylacoils. It really suits you!

I bought a slew of MAC Wonder Woman products today. Some of the colors were a little funky, but I'm interested in trying something bold because I usually stick to subtle, but well defined natural makeup looks.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 12th February 2011, 12:39 am

Love the plum and purple Nyla!

I'm also a fan of Temptalia's site. So I ordered the 26 Shadow and Blush pallet from BH Cosmetics. Its a mix of neutrals, plums, pinks and peach. Tomorrow I also want to get a bronzer from the Cover Girl Queen Collection and also find the L'oreal and Revlon orange lipsticks.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 12th February 2011, 12:43 am

fleur wrote:I love the plum on you, Nylacoils. It really suits you!

I bought a slew of MAC Wonder Woman products today.

@Nyla....ITA! The plum colors do look great on you. I love me some purples, plums and pinks so I'm biased....lol.

@fleur....I bought a bunch of stuff the other day and I'm with Nubie this makeup pj'ism is getting out of control, but I'm having so much fun. Embarassed
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 12th February 2011, 2:11 am

Dva, there is no such thing as a product junkie when it comes to makeup, clothes, and shoes, lol! You can wear them however and wherever, unlike those darn hair products.

You are 100% right! It's fun shopping for this stuff. My husband knows to stay out of my way if I see MAC, Sephora, Macy's, etc. We're in this together. I'll go to the mall tomorrow if you go, too! woot!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 12th February 2011, 6:24 am

@Nyla... Love the purple/plum on you, it really compliments your skin tone!

@Fleur... I'd love to see some of your Wonder Woman looks when you try them out. My WW stuff is in the mail as I type! Very Happy

@KC... Covergirl Queen bronzer was the first and only bronzer I ever bought. I love it! I use it a lot on the days when I don't want to wear makeup but still want a pretty glow! I even sweep it across my chest if I'm wearing a vneck or scoop neck type top...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 12th February 2011, 9:43 am

@ Fleur - I totally agree with you! Hair products either work or don't work for you, but you can always make makeup work (lol)!

@jlow - thanks for the tip!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th February 2011, 10:57 am

@Nyla - you look so pretty!! I love the plum/purple colors on you!! Very pretty!!

I received my ELF brush set yesterday! They feel nice, but smell like the plastic they were wrapped in. I will wash them and hope the smell goes away. I'll tell you what I think when I try them out

I know that it has been mentioned in this thread about NYX lip gloss; when I say I real like NYX lip pencils combined with their brush on gloss! drunken

My favorite is the 724 Chaos pencil with the BG-121 Sunrise brush on gloss. It feels strange wearing red again, but I love the look....see (excuse the face I was getting frustrated with my camera)

(I'm really having issues with my eye shadow right now...I hope I've found a solution with NYX shadow's..I'm sure its me)

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th February 2011, 7:35 pm

@Nyla, your camera is picking up the colors. You look beautiful!

@knh, LOL at face, you look peeved. What issues are you having with eyeshadow?

Here are a couple of pictures of nubie and me from today's meetup.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 12th February 2011, 8:38 pm

@Chrs - I like the pink and purple shadows you both have on, and the pink blush!

So I didn't find the L'oreal 710 lipstick but I did get the Revlon 677(siren) and Orange-Gina from Milani!

Last edited by krazy coils on 12th February 2011, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 12th February 2011, 8:44 pm

@Chrs: You guys look great. Makeup looks beautiful!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next