CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

+32
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
MelMelBee
MrsSunshinz
Fleur
kekesmom29
MissyCee
BajanPrincess82
CocaColaCutie
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
Nikcoils
Ainsleytom
TheRYL1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Umph
Myeka33
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
missmoriah
jlowman1
Pretty_Vee
brandiitneka
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
36 posters

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 6 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by NubieNatty 30th January 2011, 3:18 pm

ooooh sweets!! try em out n swatch em cuz they are HIGHLLLLLY pigmented and i swear they dont budge!! i know ur gonna want more than one!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 6 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by sweetdrk1 30th January 2011, 5:19 pm

NUB OMG!! I am with you, they need to make a set! Me likey a LOT!! That was my first visit to Ulta and it definitely won't be my last!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th January 2011, 7:31 pm

I am on a mission to find Maybelline's Fit Me foundation. I've found it but I cant find my color, 350-Caramel. Looks like I may end up having to order it online. Ugh I hate waiting on stuff. I'd much rather get it from a store.

Nubie...I'm glad I didn't see your post, I just came out of Ulta. Those pencils sound nice though. I just got a NYX brow pencil, another eyebrow pencil (meaning to get a lip liner pencil, 2nd time I've done this) and KP's OPI polish in The One that Got Away...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th January 2011, 9:35 pm

jlowman1 wrote:I am on a mission to find Maybelline's Fit Me foundation. I've found it but I cant find my color, 350-Caramel. Looks like I may end up having to order it online. Ugh I hate waiting on stuff. I'd much rather get it from a store.

Try Target. I saw it in my local Target the other day.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th January 2011, 9:36 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Hi Brandi...

Just want to share something that I just started using last week.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was using Chap Stick before I would apply my lipstick, but on a whim I brought MAC's Lip Prep & Prim and I'm so glad I did. When I say my lipstick stays on ALL day. bounce

I had to get use to it the first couple of days (only because I think I was addicted to Chap Stick) but it preps my lips and I don't have to use as much lipstick...if that makes sense.

HTH

Love Mac Lip Prep & Prime. cheers Works like a charm.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th January 2011, 9:38 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:MAC Magenta Liner+NYX African Queen cheers

I will post a pic later.

here is the pic.

here are 2 others I did

All about the Greys

I'm Loving Satin Taupe

Both looks from SongbirdDiva4Life.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th January 2011, 9:53 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:I am on a mission to find Maybelline's Fit Me foundation. I've found it but I cant find my color, 350-Caramel. Looks like I may end up having to order it online. Ugh I hate waiting on stuff. I'd much rather get it from a store.

Try Target. I saw it in my local Target the other day.

I went there too. They didnt have my color either. I also tried CVS, Ulta & Walgreen's. Crying or Very sad I'm gonna try Walmart tomorrow. Ordering online will be my last option.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

I will post a pic later.

here is the pic.

here are 2 others I did

All about the Greys

I'm Loving Satin Taupe

Very pretty looks Dva! Im in love with that African Queen. I picked it up the day after you posted it. lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 30th January 2011, 11:57 pm

I see you DVA with that Red and Fushia Lip, love it!! I am going to have to get African Queen because I am really loving the Fuschia color on my lips!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 31st January 2011, 12:44 am

DVA- i love all the looks- the fuschia one is my fave!!!

Jlowman- the pink was a loreal color PEONY PINK

Yall- one of the reasons why I didn't wear make-up is because I have puffy eyes and you hardly ever see anyone with puffy eyes.

Come to find out my eyes aren't puffy. They are considered HOODED! Here are the eye types and tips for how to apply make-up to the eye types

EYE TYPES
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 31st January 2011, 1:17 am

Thanks Nyla! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 31st January 2011, 1:22 am

NylaCoils wrote:DVA- i love all the looks- the fuschia one is my fave!!!

Jlowman- the pink was a loreal color PEONY PINK

Yall- one of the reasons why I didn't wear make-up is because I have puffy eyes and you hardly ever see anyone with puffy eyes.

Come to find out my eyes aren't puffy. They are considered HOODED! Here are the eye types and tips for how to apply make-up to the eye types

EYE TYPES

Nyla since you have hooded eyes some of the makeup tutorials for hooded eyes on youtube would be helpful since they apply eyeshadow a little differently since its hard to see the crease.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 31st January 2011, 3:02 am

KrazyKoils- you (in my Beyonce SINGING VOICE) You must not know about NC!! Im so ON YOUTUBE!! LOL

NY flava of love is the model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWGSfKhqJ8Q&feature=feedlik

Have you ladies seen this..POPrah has a makeup line
POPRAH's MAKEUP

NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 31st January 2011, 8:57 am

She looks 100% better than she used to look!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st January 2011, 3:02 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

I will post a pic later.

here is the pic.

here are 2 others I did

All about the Greys

I'm Loving Satin Taupe

Beautiful!

I went to MAC Saturday. I was thinking about you. I did good because they did not have two of the brushed I wanted, the 217 and stipple brush, not sure of the number now.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 6 Empty NYX Cosmetics on HauteLook

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st January 2011, 3:06 pm

Ladies,

NYX Cosmetics will be on HauteLook Thursday. You do have to register but it is free.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 31st January 2011, 5:37 pm

I did a Nikki Minaj inspired look with a different shade of pink

I use 99 cent lipstick my NYC called Blossom got it from RiteAid and used it with my Vino Lipliner from MAC.

The Eye pallete is my Trio Pallette Love to Love by MAC

And Mascara is the Nice and Naughty Mascara(Naughty)

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 31st January 2011, 5:46 pm

ChrsLvsBks: Thank goodness I'm broke until Friday, I won't be tempted to buy since all the good stuff will be gone by then lol

Nikcoils: Looks good Nik. I'm loving the fuchsia lips on you and Dva!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 31st January 2011, 6:01 pm

@Nikcoils - love the fuschia color.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st January 2011, 6:43 pm

I see you NikCoils--sultry NAUGHTY LOOK.

I went to the MAC counter. I was pleased to have a foundation match me Smile. I was kind of pleased that they did not have the makeup brushes I wanted to purchase. I saved money and purchased a NYX Cosmetics professional blending brush, said to be comparable to the MAC 217. I have the Sigma blending brush compared to MAC's 217 but the shape changed on me, not as full at the tip Crying or Very sad . I used the NYX brush this morning. I like it Smile . I also tried the Haute & Naughty out. It did not do anything more for my lashes. My lashes are naturally long and pretty thick. More money saved.

I purchased the Studio Tech cream foundation, Studio Finish concealer & eyebrow pencil in Spiked. So glad to have Spiked again, it cuts down on my makeup application time. My brows take the longest. Using cream/gel liner takes me way too long.

I also shaped my brows yesterday. I want a fuller brow now.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st January 2011, 9:06 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

I will post a pic later.

here is the pic.

here are 2 others I did

All about the Greys

I'm Loving Satin Taupe

Beautiful DVA! What is that lipstick you have in the all about the greys look? I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st January 2011, 9:07 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I see you NikCoils--sultry NAUGHTY LOOK.

I went to the MAC counter. I was pleased to have a foundation match me Smile. I was kind of pleased that they did not have the makeup brushes I wanted to purchase. I saved money and purchased a NYX Cosmetics professional blending brush, said to be comparable to the MAC 217. I have the Sigma blending brush compared to MAC's 217 but the shape changed on me, not as full at the tip Crying or Very sad . I used the NYX brush this morning. I like it Smile . I also tried the Haute & Naughty out. It did not do anything more for my lashes. My lashes are naturally long and pretty thick. More money saved.

I purchased the Studio Tech cream foundation, Studio Finish concealer & eyebrow pencil in Spiked. So glad to have Spiked again, it cuts down on my makeup application time. My brows take the longest. Using cream/gel liner takes me way too long.

I want to get some good brushes but I don't want to spend a fortune....thoughts?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 31st January 2011, 9:23 pm

I apologize beforehand for the quality. My digi cam broke awhile ago, so Im relying on my cell phone camera. My skin is not shiny at all, its the flash..

So I finally found the Fit Me foundation, powder and concealer in my color (350-Caramel) and can I just say that I LOVE it! It looks so natural. Almost as though I have no makeup on. Application was very easy. I used my Sigma Flat Top Kabuki. Ladies that wear liquid foundation, give this brush a try. Its amazing! Here's the look:

I just have on Urban Decay liner in Binge on my lower lash line, I set it with the navy blue color from Coastal Scents Fall Festival Palette. NYX Smokey Look on my lips, MAC Melba blush on my cheeks and MAC MSF in Gold Deposit as my highlight and Falsies mascara...

Last edited by jlowman1 on 31st January 2011, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st January 2011, 9:28 pm

Jlo and Nik I love it! Jlo that pop of color works!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st January 2011, 10:31 pm

Uu
sweetdrk1 wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:I see you NikCoils--sultry NAUGHTY LOOK.

I want to get some good brushes but I don't want to spend a fortune....thoughts?
Check out Makeupgeektv.com. She has quite a few posts about brushes. This is where I found out about the NYX Cosmetics professional blending brush being comparable to MAC's 217.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 31st January 2011, 10:52 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Jlo and Nik I love it! Jlo that pop of color works!

Thanks! Very Happy I try to do that on days when I want something on my eyes but really dont feel like wearing eyeshadow. I also like pairing it with neutral eyes!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next