CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Butterfly125 28th January 2011, 5:51 pm

misskris wrote:Did you finally cut it off????

No, my appointment is on the 2/12, and I am like really excited and anxious about it. It's like now that I've decided, I really don't even want to do my hair. I think if I didn't have to go to work I would just keep my bonnet on all the time...lol. I don't want to waste my time doing cornrows because the 12th will be here before I know it, but I'm sick of doing this rod set every week, too. My hair is too short to do a bun and I never did master twistouts. So I guess instead of focusing on my last few weeks of transitioning, I've turned my attention to products, products, products bounce
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 28th January 2011, 6:25 pm

Hahahaha!! Oh ok. So a couple more weeks. yeah, it will get here before you know it. dance
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 28th January 2011, 7:01 pm

Yeah, and if I get my income tax on the 4th like I'm supposed to, I will probably be getting it cut on the 5th if she can squeeze me in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 29th January 2011, 2:44 pm

So ladies, where is everyone????? We seem to have dropped off the face of the earth!!! I know I have school taking my time. Is everyone getting scared cause we have a measurement next week? I am excited. I think I've reached a stand still but I am still exctied. I am anxiously waiting my shipment of Koils by Nature. I know someone asked what I ordered and I can't remember. I know it was a sample pack, call me Sample Queen, but I got an email that says it's on the way. So waiting patiently!!........ Neutral
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 29th January 2011, 2:53 pm

Yeah, it has been a little quiet around here. I got my Now 100% castor oil in the mail yesterday. Tomorrow, I think I'll do a brown sugar scalp scrub, use my new Pantene Curls poo and condish and try that Tangle Teezer then oil my scalp with the castor oil [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I think I told y'all that I ordered Now Foods castor oil, but it's Now Solutions.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 29th January 2011, 10:20 pm

Bought a tangle teaser cheers and a protein treatment today.
My hair is gonna be spoiled this weekend ^_^
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 30th January 2011, 12:32 am

Okay, I just used my Tangle Teezer while applying my EVOO for my pre-poo oil treatment, and...WOW!! This thing worked soooooo easily, better than any comb I've ever used (no matter how gentle I was being) and even better than my fingers, because I run out of patience kind of fast, and the TT detangled quickly. Yeah, I'm lovin' it Razz
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 30th January 2011, 10:06 pm

Hey Ladies!! Just now getting on line since yesterday..been at the inlaws since yesterday. So did anyone measure their hair? I know tomorrow is the last day of the month but I was just wondering. I didn't. I'll do it either tonight or tomorrow and post tomorrow.

Hope you all are well. afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 31st January 2011, 12:08 am

I'm gonna measure sometime this week. I did a brown sugar scrub for my scalp today and I used the Kimmaytube leave-in for the first time. Also for the first time, I did not do a DC because I didn't want to do too much...just wanted to see how my hair reacted to the leave-in. It is shinier and softer than with anything else I've done so far so I'm lovin' that Very Happy
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 31st January 2011, 2:49 am

Hey ladies! I have been out in lieu of papers and exams. I can't believe its almost time to measure again! I really don't want to strighten my hair again but for the sake of consistency I will. Trust I will be using A LOT of heat protectant as usual. Lol, @ MissyCee! I am surprised not to have had to read a novel since my last post! I guess everyone is busier or likely more tired since the holidays are gone. IDK. I have a few things to share though. I am very happy to report I managed to get 4 day hair outta that twist n curl! I consider that to be very good as I never retwisted. I just basically donned my bonnet at night and fluffed in the morning. Looks like I am not the only one that binged a little this weekend! Wink Y'all got me wanting to by a Tangle teaser! Thanks for that review, Butterfly125. I can't believe I forgot to get that when I was in Sally's today. Wonder how that happened... scratch Oh well, maybe next time. Lol, here are my purchases:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Speaking of my purchases, I have been saying I was going to do this for a while. Tonight it just felt right...

I bought the Curl Enhancing Smoothing in hopes of being able to replicate the results of the DTM without the horrid smell. We will find out soon enough if it worked. (I used it today and will untwist tomorrow) I can't believe perms are going for that much. I wish I had returned it earlier b/c the price had been reduced. I'm not mad though b/c I don't believe I had originally paid that much for it. I did take 2 exams this week. I got an A on my Comp exam and a B on my Pysch exam. I am actually a little upset with the B b/c I studied very hard for that test but didn't for the Comp. I am thinking I possibly over studied but I have another exam in there in about a week and a half, I believe. The semester is flying and I am barely holding on. I will definitely be kicking it in high gear this week. study study

OH! OH! OH! I almost forgot. I finally got to use one of my shampoo bars!! I went with the Coconut Milk one and it was heavenly!! The lather it created was so smooth and creamy! I was really afraid it would be drying to my hair and cause tangles so I did use coconut and avocado oils to prepoo. My hair was crazy clean but still soft. Maybe next time I will try it without the prepoo and see how it fares. I honestly think it will be fine. As of right now, it gets a tentative 2 thumbs up!

I think I finally covered everything... Later ladies!!

Last edited by Ambitious_Tiff on 31st January 2011, 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 31st January 2011, 2:52 am

And I STILL forgot some stuff, lol.

@MissKris
What is in your Cholesterol mixture? Are you using the kind you buy out of the store or something else?

@Butterfly125
Did you follow the recipe for the Kimmaytube mixture exactly or did you make substitutions? I have been wanting to try it but I tend to forget the ingredients... Embarassed
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 31st January 2011, 11:20 am

@ Tiff. Yep, it's the store bought Cholesterol by LeKair. I just add evoo and honey to it, that's it. I don't measure. Just pour til I think it's enough.i just finished up what I had but I still have an unopened thing of cholesterol in the bathroom so next time i wask i'll add some evoo and honey to it. i may be getting that tangle teaser too.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 31st January 2011, 11:28 am

Tiff!!!! I thought you had bought a relaxer. Gurlllllllllllllll, my eyes my eyes!!!! Shocked

Anyway, I jsut finger coiled my hair. I think I like, but I want a few days to see if it get fuller. My hair is soooo thin, all I see is scalp, like my wet twists. I used gel after my kimmytube and I castor oiled my scalp while I was reading my materials for class for this week. Here are the results..........

I am still waiting for my koils by nature....... I guess I am always waiting.... Lucky I'm patient!!!

MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 31st January 2011, 2:07 pm

Nice coils MissyCee. How long did that take?

I know I'm not online that much lately. Work is busy and it's cutting into my "web" time!!! Then when I get home I don't even want to look at my computer after sitting in front of one all day. I went all last week without jbco to see if the itching would stop, and it did. I applied some last night. Maybe I just have to go down to once a week. I was at Golden Corral the other night and another natural lady came up to me and said my hair was so cute and defined. That made my whole darn week!! It's funny how you think you've got it all wrong, and someone thinks its fabulous. Have a great day ladies!!!
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 31st January 2011, 2:16 pm

@Tiff - HEY, GIRL!!!! *wave* I did the Kimmaytube leave-in exactly because I wanted to see how it worked before trying to use any variations, if I even need to, but my hair came out soooooo soft and shiny, I will not be deviating from this recipe unless something changes. It's 2 tbsp. KCKT, 2 tbsp. aloe juice, 2 tsp. jojoba oil, and 2 tsp. castor oil. I know y'all wouldn't know the difference, but I just wanted to show y'all how it came out.

Last edited by Butterfly125 on 31st January 2011, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 31st January 2011, 2:20 pm

Hi, Berry!! Glad your scalp stopped itching...finally No Are you going to try another castor oil? I just bought NOW Solutions castor oil, and I like it because it's much lighter in color and in scent than the JBCO and I got double the amount for the same price!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 31st January 2011, 4:26 pm

Butterfly, love the new pic!!! You doing it lady!!! Berry, glad your itching stopped.

I adjusted the kimmytube because I am hating that smell of the aloe vera juice. I added lemon juice, just a few squirts. It kind of masks the smell a bit. Same results. Glad it's not summer, my head would be bleached!!! Maybe it's the just smell of all this stuff!!!

Ok, so I did my coils last night and today I got my Koil by Nature sample pack. It is wash day and I was just playing last night, sooooooooo, I'm doing my wash routine and I will let you all know the results. He He. I ain't going nowhere anyway today so no problems......... sunny

I am uncoiling though and I might take a few pics. It looks full and coily!!! cherry
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 31st January 2011, 4:31 pm

Yay, MissyCee, I'm glad you got some fullness with your coil-out!! Thanks for the compliment I love you. My hair is also fine, and some styles are "scalpy" on me as well. This time I used less perm rods, not because I was trying something new, but out of pure laziness...hahahaha! They actually turned out better, fuller! I just don't understand.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 31st January 2011, 5:18 pm

Okay...I knew something was wrong! Am I trippin'? How did our challenge get split up confused. They both say "New Castor Oil Challenge," this one has 6 pages and the other has 40 pages. Now, I don't know where to post... Shocked
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 31st January 2011, 6:17 pm

Oh, I dind't even look at the other pages. I thought it was split cause we were chatting so much!!! LOL!!!!!! I guess i better check to see if I've missed something.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 31st January 2011, 6:35 pm

Hahahaha, that's a thought, MissyCee...we do chat a lot.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 31st January 2011, 8:13 pm

K so.... in my Koils by Nature sample pack was Hydrating Shealow Creamy Conditioner, Soothing Herbal Unscented Gel, Nourishing Hair and Body Butter in Heavenly Delight and Moisture Shealoe Leave In. I used the Leave in and the Heavenly Delight. Love them so far. The leave in is light and little goes a long way. Not sure yet how it compares to kimmytube, I really like that..... Will rate after a few more uses. The Heavenly Delight smells GREAT!!!!!! And it really does go a long way. Just a dab covers my hair and did I say the smell is fabulous??? Well it is!!! I have to check on the others to see how they are used on a daily basis. After I figure that out, I will post that also....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st February 2011, 12:09 pm

Hey ladies, checking in...been busy and could not log in but have been following. So, it is time for measurement. Sooooo ready Laughing. will post when i get off work and submit my measurement.

Also, i must say that doing alot of protective styles also add to my length.

@ Misscee.. your finger coils looks so neat and well done.

To all the new comers Welcome... the more the merrier!!!

If i am not mistaken we have been @this for about 2 months now.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st February 2011, 12:14 pm

I had to change my name from Ladygogohot to Lady Bird to login ...same person . I hate the change because i look like a newcomer...which i am not.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st February 2011, 1:23 pm

Hey ladies.....Ok, so I measured my hair last night and here are the results.

12/5 measurements:
Front - 11 1/2"
Top - 10 1/4"
Back - 10 1/2"
Right side - 11"
Left side - 11 1/2"

1/31 Measurements:
]u]Front [/u]- 14ish" (+2.5")
Top - 11" (+3/4")
Back - 11 1/2" (+1")
Right Side - 13ish" (+2ish")
Left Side - 12 1/2" (+1")

So obviously my hair grows at different rates in different areas with the top being the slowest. That's always been slow to grow. I hope i don't go bald up there when I am older!!! lol Maybe I should clip my ends about a 1/4"...??? I still want to flat iron it to measure though. But not now cuz the weather is crappy and will be for a few days this week.

@ Ladybird....why did you have to change your name???? and yes, it's been 2 months.

Measurements ladies??? afro woot!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next