CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you hate most to do to your hair?

+29
jeanlouisangel
Sequoia
kinksncurls
PrincessRN
abovealltherest
natalie24
zaynee
tamtam7
SummerSkye
jesusislove1526
ebonediva
1FlySista
whereswentz!
Renny
LetMeFixMyHurr
j. kinky
Lynnieluve
newcurlieque
rayray19
CarlaAR
AllNaturalBeauty
CocaColaCutie
Stephy0306
Nessa101
Sebastain13
Curlock Holmes
misskris
Takeya
ladygogohot
33 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you hate most to do to your hair? Empty What do you hate most to do to your hair?

Post by ladygogohot 3rd December 2010, 12:52 pm

Hey ladies, i recently discovered that i ABSOLUTELY hate blow drying my hair. I am a 4b/c and i tried it for the first time in three years and boy did i hate it. My hair did not respond and was So dry and hard. I will NEVER EVER blow dry my hair again.

Is it only me? So far everything else is ok and i can work with it but blowdrying...yuck!! NEVER

So my question is what else do you ladies will never do to your hair again?

ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

What do you hate most to do to your hair? Empty Re: What do you hate most to do to your hair?

Post by Takeya 3rd December 2010, 12:58 pm

Well...I can't say I'll never do it again because it's a necessary evil but I HATE detangling! It takes forever especially when I've worn my hair out a lot. I know I can reduce the tangles by protecting my hair more but I just love 'down and out' styles.

I haven't used on my hair in quite a while but I'm sure blowdrying would be up there as one of my least favorite tasks if I did!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What do you hate most to do to your hair? Empty Re: What do you hate most to do to your hair?

Post by misskris 3rd December 2010, 1:00 pm

Hi Ladygogohot! did you have anything on your hair before blowdrying it? like oil or some kind of moisturizer??

I hate COMBING my hair. Lately, though, I guess for the last 3-4 weeks I have been way better about keeping it in twists. But before I would not comb my hair for days and it would get all knotted and matted. So i would HATE to have to comb it, which I only do while it's wet. If I comb it while dry it's because it's already been detangled. I used to just do the wash-n-go so I never comb it. Usually just on wash days.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 3rd December 2010, 1:07 pm

I havent tried blow drying in 3-4 years, but I remember it being awful and that's probably why I havent tried it in awhile, even though my hair is doing loads better between then and now.

I don't like all the work of doing twists, since I have to do them fairly small in order to make my hair look full (I have fine hair). I'd like to have my hair in twists more often, but I just can't get down with 3-4 hours worth of styling every week. BLECK.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd December 2010, 1:09 pm

@ Curlock....I feel you on the twists. I have them in but I don't ever do them small because I don't wear them as a style. Mine are all messy and not parted with a comb!! LOL But I would LIKE to do them in a style but like you I don't wanna take all that time to do them. I have no patience for all that!!! LOL PLUS I have 4 kids, one of them who is only 16 months old and very cling so he wouldn't me take that much time away from him either!!! HAha!! But I WANNA do them. So Maybe I can do a section at a time?? I dunno.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 3rd December 2010, 1:10 pm

I hate the dryness that my hair has & when I wash it hurts when I comb it out I only comb my hair on wash day which is once a week but it hurts when I do comb it The dryness is a little better though Im working on it
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 3rd December 2010, 1:12 pm

@Miss Kris, No ...nothing, but i could not even finish. I just did half and give up. My look horrible and it as a waste.

ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 3rd December 2010, 1:18 pm

Simple wash it lol
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 3rd December 2010, 1:35 pm

I hate spending alot of time doing braid outs and trying and hoping to get the best possible definition i can when i take the braids down int he morning. I cant wait to im fully natural and it will just curl up on its own without me trying to make the perm hair curl. Even tho it comes out cute and my hiar actually looks natural lol.

I also hate air drying my hair because its more harder to deal with the perm and natural hair mixed. When i blow dry it makes my hair way for managable and its softer to me. I try to always blow dry on low heat but if not low medium.

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd December 2010, 1:38 pm

i hate taking down mini twists. i use a method that takes me roughly an hour and a half (versus taking them down one by one which could take who knows how long), but i still hate doing it.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd December 2010, 1:52 pm

i hate shampooing my hair; i have fell in love w/ co-washing lol~

Back to top Go down

Post by AllNaturalBeauty 3rd December 2010, 1:59 pm

I hate shrinkage Mad
AllNaturalBeauty
AllNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 3rd December 2010, 2:27 pm

You'll never see me in braids, cornrolls, twists, etc because I hate spending that much time on my hair. I rather spend the time caring for my hair with DC, henna, etc, not braiding, LOL.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 3rd December 2010, 4:14 pm

I hate how plastic caps and plastics bags feel on my head while im DC..its soooo irritating to me!! drive me crazy..the plastic, the noise it makes, the elastic band, everything annoys me about those things..if i could DC without it I would be in heaven
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 3rd December 2010, 4:25 pm

rayray19 wrote:I hate how plastic caps and plastics bags feel on my head while im DC..its soooo irritating to me!! drive me crazy..the plastic, the noise it makes, the elastic band, everything annoys me about those things..if i could DC without it I would be in heaven

Sometimes I do DC without the caps. I just clip my hair up in two buns on top of my head so that conditioner is not on my neck and back (ick!), but it depends on how long I want to leave it in...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 3rd December 2010, 5:28 pm

OMgosh!! I hate blow drying with a passion. Evil or Very Mad My hair is so thick that I have to put it in a million sections and it takes so long.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd December 2010, 6:58 pm

DETANGLING PROCESS!!!

I'm always on the hunt for the quickest/best way/time to detangle. I've tried it before I wash, in the shower, out of the shower, before I deep condition.....with different products.....

oh and shed hairs....It just always seem like its too many... Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 3rd December 2010, 6:59 pm

well i dont really hate it that much but when i do my weekly dt baggy....my scalp itch like crazy, but i know that just the conditioner. Other then that i have no problems
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by LetMeFixMyHurr 3rd December 2010, 7:16 pm

I hate twisting my hair, my fingers start to hurt, from braiding so much hair when I was younger... but I love the twist-outs, lol.

But right now I'm in mini-braids that it took me about a week to do lol. I'm lazy and my fingers are alway bothering me so I just put on my lacefront wig while working, and when I get home I just did some more of my hair, it has lasted me for about 3 weeks and i plan on going another 3 cause I hate messing with my hair, and i know the take down is gonna be horrible.
LetMeFixMyHurr
LetMeFixMyHurr

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 3rd December 2010, 9:30 pm

I hate DCing. I do it faithfully, but I wash it in the shower so then I get out and do the DC and have to wash it in the sink again. I don't like the two part process, but it's just laziness.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by whereswentz! 3rd December 2010, 11:50 pm

I think the worst thing for me is rinsing my hair in cold water in the shower affraid . I try not to make the face that this emoticon is making, but I suffer through it for shinier hair!

whereswentz!

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 3rd December 2010, 11:53 pm

Renny wrote:I hate DCing. I do it faithfully, but I wash it in the shower so then I get out and do the DC and have to wash it in the sink again. I don't like the two part process, but it's just laziness.

Nooo, I feel the same way, LOL. Especially since I'm tired and want to go to bed - I still have to wash my hair again! Laughing
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 4th December 2010, 12:26 am

LetMeFixMyHurr wrote:I hate twisting my hair, my fingers start to hurt, from braiding so much hair when I was younger... but I love the twist-outs, lol.

But right now I'm in mini-braids that it took me about a week to do lol. I'm lazy and my fingers are alway bothering me so I just put on my lacefront wig while working, and when I get home I just did some more of my hair, it has lasted me for about 3 weeks and i plan on going another 3 cause I hate messing with my hair, and i know the take down is gonna be horrible.

Ditto for me! I can't stand 2 strand twisting my hair. My fingers and hands cramp up so badly and it just becomes so frustrating. The 2 strand twist out is what I consider a high maintenance hair style because more than not you will have to retwist all or some sections of your hair to refresh the style. The pineapple method just isn't my friend when trying to maintain a twist out. I like the look but I don't wear it often.
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 4th December 2010, 12:31 am

whereswentz! wrote:I think the worst thing for me is rinsing my hair in cold water in the shower affraid . I try not to make the face that this emoticon is making, but I suffer through it for shinier hair!

LMBO!!! lol!
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by jesusislove1526 4th December 2010, 2:07 am

The worst thing for me is blow drying also. This is why I only do it one time per year. It takes forever to do, and my hair feels so dry afterwards.
jesusislove1526
jesusislove1526

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next