CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a compliment today at work... from a brazilian man... =D

+15
tshala
brownsuga83
sweetdrk1
aggiegem
cluelesscurl
LadyMika
Fleur
mizcreativelyme
Madeaj
Ambitious_Tiff
DreamMerchant
creolebeauty1
tpayne22
LoveZaporiah
Color_Me_Coily
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Got a compliment today at work... from a brazilian man... =D Empty Got a compliment today at work... from a brazilian man... =D

Post by Color_Me_Coily 5th January 2011, 12:30 am

[Fastfoward].... So as I’m working the Jewelry section today at work, I saw two guys approaching from my peripheral and turned and asked if they needed some help before one could answer his friend did buy saying, “I don’t need any help just looking at you is good enough...I mean wow you’re beautiful...your hair is gorgeous and so are you.” [first brazilian guy to give me a compliment...he was super cute] Wink

All I could say was thanks... and smile really really hard...

Now [REWIND]....a few hours earlier one of the black guys I work with came up behind me and ran his fingers through my hair and said, “Dang GURRRRLLL it’s bout time fo dat perm ain’t it.” <---- he said it just like that ..... anywaysI simply said I don’t do perms are losers like you and walked back to my section hmph...

since my hair has been growing out 3 1/2 inches [Bc’d in october... woooo hooo.... lol] alot of guys being other races have approached me like this, or I have caught them staring and doing a slight smile...

Don’t wanna go on and on... just wanted to share this with you guys, and say that it’s nice when other ppl can see your hair and it’s true beauty outside of yourself =D
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Got a compliment today at work... from a brazilian man... =D Empty Re: Got a compliment today at work... from a brazilian man... =D

Post by Color_Me_Coily 5th January 2011, 12:32 am

*by
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Got a compliment today at work... from a brazilian man... =D Empty Re: Got a compliment today at work... from a brazilian man... =D

Post by LoveZaporiah 5th January 2011, 1:03 am

I so get what you're saying. I don't get a lot of compliments from black guys about my hair but guys from other races love it. I had one guy tell me that if it was a guarantee he'd see me everyday he'd pay for me to get a perm regularly but since he can't I'm going to have to deal with my nappy hair. I cut him off quick.
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 5th January 2011, 1:04 am

You know what is so funny about your story is since I have been transitioning I have gotten more compliments from Caucasians with my braid out, twist outs or updos. I'm not purposely limiting to caucasian on purpose but I live in savannah so their isn't to much diversity. Anywho and when I go to Miami, where I am from, forget it spanish men are all in! They are quite the charmers for sure. Anywho I have found that people of other race are more interested in the process of transitioning and natural hair care than black women, at least in MY experience. I mean some think our hair is that straight naturally and were so interested in how and why we get relaxers.
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 5th January 2011, 1:21 am

Yep i was just saying that the other day my Bf now is black he hasn't really said much besides that he rather me transition than BC because he didn't like short hair but whenever i wear updos , my afro wig or anything closer to my natural texture i get compliments from hispanics and white men but when im rocking that indian remy wig with the layers all the black dudes including my bf wants some of my milkshake lol smh
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 5th January 2011, 1:40 am

@LoveZaporiah he was a jerk... I woulda cut him off too...

@tpayne22 I agree ...I’ve found black men.... to look/stare/ and look away... while the other races stare.

LMAAOOOOO at the milkshake joke but I think your afro wig is soooo cute... love your avi by the way. and oh yea I think your Bf will finally come around and start getting all touchy feely with your hair once you start wearing it out...

My b/f never use to really touch it or say much in fact he hated it [which i really gave no care about] but once it start growing our and he seeing how it will be once it gets longer... he can’t keep his hands out of it... Smile
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 5th January 2011, 1:43 am

Yep it's our hair i'm going to grow it out if he hates it i'll find me a new man ALejandro or Miguel be looking sexy lol jk
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 5th January 2011, 1:44 am

I like your story! I am glad you a great comment and it is super great because he was cute too!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 5th January 2011, 1:45 am

creolebeauty1 wrote:Yep it's our hair i'm going to grow it out if he hates it i'll find me a new man ALejandro or Miguel be looking sexy lol jk

LOL Razz
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 5th January 2011, 1:46 am

@Hollie
I so feel you! It really seems like like men of other races try to give me play when I am wearing my hair in a more "natural" looking style. I have been trying too rationalize the whole thing for a month of Sundays and I am still coming up with nothing. I have been approached by a few black guys too though so I won't be them up too bad, lol. I think Chocolate will always be near to my heart. Not saying I wouldn't have took those Brazilian digits though, LOL!

@ Creolebeauty
LOL!! You are too funny! LOL! You're milkshake literally brings all the boys to the yard. ROTFL! lol!

Last edited by Ambitious_Tiff on 5th January 2011, 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 5th January 2011, 1:47 am

DreamMerchant wrote:
creolebeauty1 wrote:Yep it's our hair i'm going to grow it out if he hates it i'll find me a new man ALejandro or Miguel be looking sexy lol jk

LOL Razz

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO I know that’s right....a Lordez or Sanchez ... Very Happy
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 5th January 2011, 1:49 am

Shoot lol he better play his position LOL
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 5th January 2011, 1:52 am

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:@Hollie
I so feel you! It really seems like like men of other races try to give me play when I am wearing my hair in a more "natural" looking style. I have been trying too rationalize the whole thing for a month of Sundays and I am still coming up with nothing. I have been approached by a few black guys too though so I won't be them up too bad, lol. I think Chocolate will always be near to my heart. Not saying I wouldn't have took those Brazilian digits though, LOL!

@ Creolebeauty
LOL!! You are too funny! LOL! You're milkshake literally brings all the boys to the yard. ROTFL! lol!

What’s soo funny is guys [black] that have been trying to talk to me since freshman year in college [literally] just stopped out the blue when I came back with my BC [not that i care] but I was like are ya serious [jamie foxx voice] but whatever who need them... *shruggs*
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 5th January 2011, 1:56 am

Naturally_Hollie wrote:What’s soo funny is guys [black] that have been trying to talk to me since freshman year in college [literally] just stopped out the blue when I came back with my BC [not that i care] but I was like are ya serious [jamie foxx voice] but whatever who need them... *shruggs*

Honey some guys can't handle a girl rocking a short do better than them!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 5th January 2011, 2:12 am

YEP that's true you look fierce with your hair they just mad besides when your hair start getting longer and they see you eating chips with Alejandro that they will all be like "dang girl you ain't had to do it like that " smh MEN
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 5th January 2011, 3:16 am

Seeing a black woman comfortable with her natural hair is a powerful (and sexy) thing. I think it confuses some black men who have bought into the sterotype that women have to have straight or straightish hair.

They'll come around, especially when they (black men) realize our hair is sexy and if they don't watch it, they'll be watching Alejandro and his buddies walking away with all the milkshakes! run
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 5th January 2011, 10:30 am

They'll come around, especially when they (black men) realize our hair is sexy and if they don't watch it, they'll be watching Alejandro and his buddies walking away with all the milkshakes! lol!

^^^^^ i 2nd what she said
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 5th January 2011, 11:55 am

Alejandro, Miguel, Timothy, Chance, Luke, and all their friends can either appreciate or dog a sister out just the same as anyone else. Ignorance is a shared trait among some men. At the beginning of my natural journey, I had a white guy ask me if I would be his Sally Hemmings to his Thomas Jefferson. I tore that dude up so bad that he got red enough that I thought he was going to explode. Not all men appreciate natural hair, but there are tons that most certainly do. Very Happy

ETA: Naturally_hottie, you are working that hairstyle! I'm pretty sure you'll receive many more compliments! Very Happy
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 5th January 2011, 12:23 pm

I got hit on by a German tourist once. This was AFTER he stared me down for damn near an eternity and I had to say something to him. THEN he proceeded to flirt unashamedly, with an accent that made my panties wet. lol!

But I agree with Fleur--ignorance runs across the board. I know this because I dated a white guy a few years ago who was the EPITOME of ignorance. Needless to say, that didn't last very long. lol!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 5th January 2011, 12:34 pm

Love it!!! ya'll are killing me over here
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah warm it up

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiegem 5th January 2011, 1:27 pm

Y'all made me have a flashback...to a night I had with a guy I was with. He's black. We'll call it the afterglow moment lol I was laying on his chest with my head resting on my hands while I was looking at him. I had done a twists out the day before, so this was day two hair. On top of that, I had gone out to the club that night and my hair got bigger. I loved it. I had random twists all over too. It was just something I tried for a different look. Anyways, he was playing with the curls, twisting them around his fingers and lightly tugging them. He blurted out that he loved me hair....I melted and needless to say, I attacked him for round two... run lol!

aggiegem

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 5th January 2011, 1:49 pm

LOL you ladies are killing me Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 5th January 2011, 2:17 pm

Thanks Creolebeauty1 & Fleur

lmaaaaoooo you ladies are too funny.
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th January 2011, 5:15 pm

mizcreativelyme wrote:They'll come around, especially when they (black men) realize our hair is sexy and if they don't watch it, they'll be watching Alejandro and his buddies walking away with all the milkshakes! lol!

^^^^^ i 2nd what she said
Alright now! I love it! Get on or move on! You pick!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th January 2011, 5:16 pm

aggiegem wrote:Y'all made me have a flashback...to a night I had with a guy I was with. He's black. We'll call it the afterglow moment lol I was laying on his chest with my head resting on my hands while I was looking at him. I had done a twists out the day before, so this was day two hair. On top of that, I had gone out to the club that night and my hair got bigger. I loved it. I had random twists all over too. It was just something I tried for a different look. Anyways, he was playing with the curls, twisting them around his fingers and lightly tugging them. He blurted out that he loved me hair....I melted and needless to say, I attacked him for round two... run lol!
Get it! lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next