CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my daughters compliment

+6
Lynnieluve
Nikcoils
justicenga
krys419
BattleKat
thetiffany
10 posters

Go down

my daughters compliment Empty my daughters compliment

Post by thetiffany 19th July 2010, 10:52 pm

my daughter my 3 years old is very smart, styish, opinionated, and real. they first time she ever seen my hair washed and all shrivled up she said " i dont like that hairstyle mom, its ugly" and she was right, my hair wasnt styled and it didntt look nice. today i washed and only had conditioner in my hair, slapped on a headband and had a puff! now, i am still uncomfertable wearing my out in public in a puff, but today my daughter seen my hair and said "mom can you do my hair like that? i like that hair". i couldnt believe it. that lil comment meant so much and just inspired me to continue to be natural, because my daughter is already learning to appreciate our hair in its natural state. i never wanted her to grow up thinking that hair had to be straighetned and long to be pretty! looks like we are off to a good start!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

my daughters compliment Empty Re: my daughters compliment

Post by BattleKat 20th July 2010, 4:25 am

When I first BC my son said, "mommie, I like your little hair."
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 20th July 2010, 2:46 pm

Aw These little stories are so cute. Hopefully when i have children I will be fully natural and not slapped on a relaxe by then

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 20th July 2010, 7:05 pm

My son is 3 and used to have a long curly ponytail. He now sports a low cut. He is constantly telling me, "Mommy, I like your afrutt." He really thinks that's what it's called. Now he wants an "afrutt" too.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 22nd July 2010, 8:31 pm

my 4 year old said my hair looked like a firecracker as a washngo. and looked at her like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and asked what do you mean? she said mommy I love firecrackers and i love your hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd July 2010, 8:40 pm

My son ( 2 yr old) plays in my hair all the time....I'm like, "Son, you are gonna make my hair frizz up!!" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 22nd July 2010, 8:58 pm

Aww I'm loving the stories. kids are so honest and sweet
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 23rd July 2010, 6:16 pm

My 4 year old son loves my hair. With his hand in my hair he says, "Moma, I like your soft curly hair." When I had the Rhianna cut, he could only touched the shaved part of my hair. So he is enjoying touching all of Moma's hair
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 24th July 2010, 6:28 pm

I did finger coils in my hair yesterday and when my boyfriend's 10 year old saw it he smiled real big and told me how much he loved my hair.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama 25th July 2010, 3:30 pm

My daughter doesnt talk much but I think she loves that our hair looks alike when its wild and curly. She was my inspiration to go natural I was so jealous of her curls and how they popped without any effort. I have to do much more work to get my hair similar to hers. My hubby even loves me with my natural hair he was very resistant to it in the begining. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 26th July 2010, 6:28 am

thetiffany wrote:my daughter my 3 years old is very smart, styish, opinionated, and real. they first time she ever seen my hair washed and all shrivled up she said " i dont like that hairstyle mom, its ugly" and she was right, my hair wasnt styled and it didntt look nice. today i washed and only had conditioner in my hair, slapped on a headband and had a puff! now, i am still uncomfertable wearing my out in public in a puff, but today my daughter seen my hair and said "mom can you do my hair like that? i like that hair". i couldnt believe it. that lil comment meant so much and just inspired me to continue to be natural, because my daughter is already learning to appreciate our hair in its natural state. i never wanted her to grow up thinking that hair had to be straighetned and long to be pretty! looks like we are off to a good start!

awwe, how cute! Its funny how kids can see the beauty in things that some adults cant even see. because they haven't been trained to dislike any part of themselves yet, its a beautiful thing. since you are her example she never will either, & that is a beautiful thing!

I do think we sometimes get these views from our parents directly. My mom used to tell me all the time how hard my hair was to do and how "nappy" it gets. she even tells my niece that now and it breaks my heart. No

I admire all of you mommas here for being examples of beautiful black women who embrace their natural beauty. I love you
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down