CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN?? SHAMPOO? CONDITIONER?

+32
Cupcake415
MrsJones
sjoyreed
MS. FAJA
vcoutureex3
quirky_curls
TeachEmB
FreshNsweeT
cutie_curli
Naturally Nu*
jaylin20032003
E'Lise
mommydiva
LaToya28
luvinlife225
C.
danijohnturner
laleepop14
Maricopa
simara0507
lovesunshine17
Pirouette
jamaicacurl
LuvMeLuvMyFro
Lynnieluve
brwnbarbie24
NaturallyGifted86
curly+kinky+fierce
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
ShyCurl
cocolocks:)
36 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN?? SHAMPOO? CONDITIONER? Empty CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN?? SHAMPOO? CONDITIONER?

Post by cocolocks:) 2nd December 2009, 7:01 pm

Hey Ladies,

Have any of you out there tried cantu shea butter leave-in or the shampoo and conditioner? Let me know ur thoughts... ive heard a lot of mixed reviews but im curious to see what u guys think! thanks:)

Back to top Go down

CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN?? SHAMPOO? CONDITIONER? Empty Re: CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN?? SHAMPOO? CONDITIONER?

Post by ShyCurl 2nd December 2009, 7:15 pm

Im in my second month of transitioning, not ready for the whole Bc yet. I have heard great reviews on those products and I cant wait to go pick some up. So what have you about them??
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN?? SHAMPOO? CONDITIONER? Empty Re: CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN?? SHAMPOO? CONDITIONER?

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd December 2009, 8:04 pm

I used the Cantu Shea Butter leave in back when I had relaxed hair and my hair didn't respond too well to it. It felt kind of hard when I used it. I gave it away and haven't bought any since then but I have bought the Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment and I actually like it. It doesn't feel sticky like some other products I've tried. I've only been using it for a short time but I think its a keeper. I use it on my flat twists outs.

Here's the description:
Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment
prevents breakage before it starts by penetrating and moisturizing hair
from the roots to the tips. Cantu Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment
is made with pure shea butter and essential oils to replace vital oil
to your scalp and hair leaving it stronger and healthier with a natural
shine.

Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment
helps strengthen fragile, weak, and brittle hair to stop breakage,
moisturize dry, brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients,
protect hair against heat and styling damage all day.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cocolocks:) 2nd December 2009, 9:12 pm

hey shycurl! basically some people say it leaves a sticky feeling but others swear by it.... others put it on damp hair and others put it on dry... if you go on youtube you will find a bunch of reviews on it...im kinda at a crossroads but i think i might give it a try! and afrikan latina thanks for the product description.. i was not aware of their strengthening treatments..i might have to look into that...it sounds appealing:)

Back to top Go down

Post by cocolocks:) 2nd December 2009, 9:16 pm

also i hear that its especially good if you wanna do twists, braids, braid outs, twist outs,anything really. people say it leaves hair soft and nourished.

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 3rd December 2009, 7:06 pm

I started using Cantu Shea butter in the early stages of my TWA. I used it maybe 3 or 4 times. I put it away for a minute not knowing if I'd use it again. I decided to use it for my most recent two-strand twist/twistout and I really liked the results. I may use it more often for styling, but not as a leave conditioner, really. My avatar is the result of that twist out with that product.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by cocolocks:) 3rd December 2009, 7:22 pm

thanks curlsgalore.. ur hair looks gorgeous!

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 3rd December 2009, 9:08 pm

@del...girl I love that stuff! The only thing is that you cant use the cantu with gel or anything or u will have white clumps...My avator is a result of a chunky twist out using cantu.....I would not use it as a deep condish either...

@shycurl i love ur avatar!

Last edited by curly+kinky+fierce on 4th December 2009, 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 3rd December 2009, 9:09 pm

Oh by the way! i havent used anything else..I have their Pomade and didnt like it!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyGifted86 4th December 2009, 2:16 am

I like to use the Leave-In Conditioner for styling. Ive tried using this and Fantasia Styling Gel together on a wash n go but this product doesnt play well with others lol. I usually use this for two-strand twists, twist-outs and sometimes coils. It holds the definition of my 4a/b hair. I dont use it often but when I do, it works fine. I think they changed the ingredients a year ago. I had another container and the consistancy and smell varied to the one I recently bought.....idk! :-)
NaturallyGifted86
NaturallyGifted86

http://www.naturallygiftedsl.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShyCurl 4th December 2009, 3:38 am

@ Curly+Kinky+Fierce Im in the very beginning of my transisiton, my avatar is how i am today, I have a long ways to go. I cant wait to look like your Avatar. Im so ready to use all of those Products such as the Cantu Shea Butter leave in!!!
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 4th December 2009, 8:13 am

it will look wonderful! Im excited for u...enjoy every stage! I was really like that...wanting to use every product! lol...do u have a thread on the hair challenge?
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by brwnbarbie24 4th December 2009, 11:18 am

I didn't like the Leave In. My hair felt dry once my hair air dried. I gave it away at a product swap.
brwnbarbie24
brwnbarbie24

https://www.youtube.com/brwnbarbie24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th December 2009, 11:53 am

Hey Brwnbarbie24!!! One of my favorite YTers!!! I need to be told something on Tuesdays! LOL!

Anywho, on to my review......I like Cantu Shea Butter Leave in. It worked really well when I was transitioning. You only need to use a small amount. It smells really good but it doesnt mix well with other products specifically gels. Personally, I prefer Giovanni Direct Leave In.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 4th December 2009, 11:55 am

I love Cantu!! It was the only product I used the first time I went natural. And I have just started using it again this time. It does have the tendency to build up on my hair if I don't shampoo every two weeks. I love the way it seems to enhance my curl pattern. I used the leave-in for my avatar. When my hair was longer I would use the leave-in and the cream for my twist outs.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 4th December 2009, 12:01 pm

I've used Cantu leave in for wash and go's and liked the way my hair looked but in the end my hair just felt a little oily.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brwnbarbie24 4th December 2009, 12:39 pm

Hi there Lynnie! Smile Yeah, Cantu seems to be great for many others, me not so much. It also made my scalp itch so something in it doesn't agree with my skin or hair.
brwnbarbie24
brwnbarbie24

https://www.youtube.com/brwnbarbie24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirouette 4th December 2009, 5:50 pm

I use Cantu Shea Butter leave-in for two-strand and flat twists, braids, and out styles. It's the only product I have come across that gives my hair slip and stretches it out for smooth twists. When used in an out style, my hair has great definition. I haven't tried the other Cantu products.
Pirouette
Pirouette

http://krustallos1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesunshine17 5th December 2009, 8:52 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:@del...girl I love that stuff! The only thing is that you cant use the cantu with gel or anything or u will have white clumps...My avator is a result of a chunky twist out using cantu.....I would not use it as a deep condish either...

@shycurl i love ur avatar!

Lynnieluve wrote:Hey Brwnbarbie24!!! One of my favorite YTers!!! I need to be told something on Tuesdays! LOL!

Anywho, on to my review......I like Cantu Shea Butter Leave in. It worked really well when I was transitioning. You only need to use a small amount. It smells really good but it doesnt mix well with other products specifically gels. Personally, I prefer Giovanni Direct Leave In.

I've been wondering why I kept getting little white balls in my hair when I used my ecostyler after putting the cantu leave in in my hair! Now I know that it doesn't like others!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thanks for the info!! Personally, I love the cantu leave in; my hair feels soft and its a lot easier to do two strand twists. I think it also provides a little hold. I would like to find another leave in however in addition to the cantu.
lovesunshine17
lovesunshine17

Back to top Go down

Post by simara0507 6th December 2009, 12:47 am

I like Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in. I'm transitioning and it works wonders on my new growth, softens/makes it more manageable. The only con is that it has protein and my hair doesn't like a lot of protein so I only use it every other day. A little goes a long way. HTH
simara0507
simara0507

Back to top Go down

Post by Maricopa 6th December 2009, 2:11 am

I've use Cantu leave in and have have great results. It really softens my new growth (6 months Transitioning). Only a little bit is needed for good results.
Maricopa
Maricopa

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 7th December 2009, 5:16 pm

I just bought this and can't wait ti try it out. I hear such great things about it, I just hope it works for my hair
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by ShyCurl 7th December 2009, 5:21 pm

I bought some last night, I love it already ,it smells so devine. Every time I turn my head I smell it. I hope you love it too!!
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 7th December 2009, 5:32 pm

Good!! I cannot wait to go home and try this!!! I wil lbe back tomorrow with my results!! I am already in love with the smell...

Thanks and Ill keep yall updated..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by danijohnturner 8th December 2009, 2:14 am

@shycurl: I am a newbie as well. I am 2 months into my transitioning. Maybe we can be buddies? Anyway, i just purchased the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In and I think it works well with my hair. I've been using the curlformer rollers as a protective style and it made my curls more defined and my hair was overall soft. I also purchased Kinky Curly Knot Today and I used it on my daughters hair (she is also transitioning) and that stuff made her hair so soft until it was unreal. You might want to try that. I bought it from Whole Foods.
danijohnturner
danijohnturner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next