CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cantu Shea Butter? Have you used it? What do you think?

+4
Chelnmike816
FalconTress
TXCHOCLTE
QueenCrystal
8 posters

Go down

Cantu Shea Butter? Have you used it? What do you think?  Empty Cantu Shea Butter? Have you used it? What do you think?

Post by QueenCrystal 4th February 2011, 2:09 pm

Hi girls! Very Happy

I've usually used relatively cheap products that have been working for me for the past 4 months, but I've been wanting to change up my Deep condition because the other one has a funny smell and its 'alright' but I'd like something better. Heres my so-far regimen

Moisturizer: ORS Oil moisturizing hair lotion
Sealant: Organic coconut oil from a natural store (that i've only been using for a few days so I don't really know for sure how my hair likes it yet)
Co-wash: (i don't use shampoo) Once a week I use Herbal Essence: Totally Twisted
Deep condition: ORS Replenishing Conditioner (I like it but it smells and I want something better)

I would like to know if any of you have used, or have heard about the the Cantu Shea Butter line, how did it treat your hair, and how to know if your hair loves or dislikes Shea butter. I've never used Shea butter before but I'd like to try it.

QueenCrystal
QueenCrystal

Back to top Go down

Cantu Shea Butter? Have you used it? What do you think?  Empty Re: Cantu Shea Butter? Have you used it? What do you think?

Post by TXCHOCLTE 4th February 2011, 2:32 pm

hey Queen Crystal...there are MANY people that swear by this stuff but it never worked for me...it always left lil while specks in my hair...this is the ONLY product that one of my co-workers use and she says that the only way it works for her is if you use it alone...hope this helps...
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Cantu Shea Butter? Have you used it? What do you think?  Empty Re: Cantu Shea Butter? Have you used it? What do you think?

Post by QueenCrystal 4th February 2011, 3:47 pm

TXCHOCLTE wrote:hey Queen Crystal...there are MANY people that swear by this stuff but it never worked for me...it always left lil while specks in my hair...this is the ONLY product that one of my co-workers use and she says that the only way it works for her is if you use it alone...hope this helps...

OH Ok thank you. Hmm that might be something to think about since I use multi-brand products.
QueenCrystal
QueenCrystal

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 4th February 2011, 6:45 pm

I have only used the Cantu Leave In that comes in a jar. It just sits on my hair. It did not hurt my hair, just didn't make that much of a difference for me. There are lots of people who love it and you may be one of them.
I have used shea butter(in a shallow plastic tub) and it helped to soften my hair. I have used some of the Aubrey Organics conditioners (Honeysuckle Rose and Island Naturals) that contain shea and they work well for me.

HTH

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenCrystal 5th February 2011, 2:00 pm

FalconTress wrote:I have only used the Cantu Leave In that comes in a jar. It just sits on my hair. It did not hurt my hair, just didn't make that much of a difference for me. There are lots of people who love it and you may be one of them.
I have used shea butter(in a shallow plastic tub) and it helped to soften my hair. I have used some of the Aubrey Organics conditioners (Honeysuckle Rose and Island Naturals) that contain shea and they work well for me.

HTH
thank you for the information Very Happy
QueenCrystal
QueenCrystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelnmike816 5th February 2011, 8:42 pm

Hi QueenCrystal

I just bought the Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream about a couple weeks ago and I have 3c-4a hair. I only do wash and go's and it is amazing.It left my hair shiny and moisturized and gave me 4 day hair. It is true that you have to use it by itself or you will get little white balls all through your hair. Also its best to have your hair dripping wet before you put it in.Its working great for me right now because my hair has been so dry lately and this fixed that exactly.Hope this helps!

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenCrystal 6th February 2011, 8:53 am

Chelnmike816 wrote:Hi QueenCrystal

I just bought the Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream about a couple weeks ago and I have 3c-4a hair. I only do wash and go's and it is amazing.It left my hair shiny and moisturized and gave me 4 day hair. It is true that you have to use it by itself or you will get little white balls all through your hair. Also its best to have your hair dripping wet before you put it in.Its working great for me right now because my hair has been so dry lately and this fixed that exactly.Hope this helps!

Yes it does, thank you ladies very much for all of your information I think I am going to try it... Very Happy
QueenCrystal
QueenCrystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 6th February 2011, 1:40 pm

Haven't tried this product because the it has silicone in it but if your hair loves this ingredient then it wouldn't hurt to try it out. Alot of naturals seem to love this product.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 6th February 2011, 3:25 pm

I hated it. It left my hair coated, feeling heavy with build-up, dull/matte and it doesn't mix well with....anything. It left white balls and flakes all over my hair.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 7th February 2011, 3:30 pm

I swore by Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In, when I purchased my very FIRST jar. It DID, keep my hair soft and moisturized...

The very last 3 jars I puchased... Man O Man. I really think that they are changing a few things in this product.

Did NOTHING but make my hair white, I even noticed that the texture in the product is different.

My first Jar:
Thick, creamy, smooth (Milkshake texture)

My LAST 3 jars:
Watery, like runny pudding, and NON-moisturizing at all!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by lashawnb 10th February 2011, 1:14 pm

Cupcake, I must have had a jar like your last 3 jars...I did not expect it to be as 'loose' as it was. Someone else once told me how thick and creamy it was. Bleh!

Queen -- I agree with others on the white stuff. If you cowash and then apply Cantu on dripping wet hair, and that's IT...you should be fine. If you try to use a styler on top of it (gel, serum, etc.), then the white balls will appear. At least, that's my experience. Another alternative though (b/c I am ALL about using prods I've bought in some form or fashion)...I did use cantu on dry 2nd twists and it was very moisturizing. I just spritzed w/ water and apply a little to each twist. Just remember they do not recommend the leave-in as a deep conditioner...

Anyway...I'm rambling (and on my first post, I think), so I hope that helps. ;o)
lashawnb
lashawnb

http://www.twitter.com/lashawnb

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenCrystal 11th February 2011, 6:39 am

Thanks all of you! I do think I will try it, but maybe in the FAR future when I get more length. Right now I do use a range of different products and I DO need something that will agree with other products! I HATE bulidup and all that
QueenCrystal
QueenCrystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down