CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cantu Shea Butter..for me???

5 posters

Go down

Cantu Shea Butter..for me??? Empty Cantu Shea Butter..for me???

Post by CurlyCoCo 27th April 2010, 12:30 am

I am so new to this journey, but I learned two things about my desires for my natural hair; I want the naked feel, without frizz. I like big Diana Ross hair, but I hate scrunchy gels. I was thinking about purchasing some shea butter polmade to eliminate the fizzies?? Am I on the right track??
CurlyCoCo
CurlyCoCo

Back to top Go down

Cantu Shea Butter..for me??? Empty Re: Cantu Shea Butter..for me???

Post by Curly_Star_19 27th April 2010, 8:15 pm

Cantu shea butter leave-in works well for me. I apply it to my hair as I do my braid-outs and twist-outs and it always comes out super soft, bouncy, and big. It's something that may work for you as well but with that particular product from the reviews I've read on it's either love it or hate it, it's worth a try though I think. Like I said, it works wonders for me.
Curly_Star_19
Curly_Star_19

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyCoCo 27th April 2010, 8:17 pm

Thanks for the info. See, I want big bouncy hair. My hair is thinner and weighs down easy Sad . What type of hair do you have?? That would help.
CurlyCoCo
CurlyCoCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Star_19 27th April 2010, 8:38 pm

I've been transitioning for 5 months now and my new growth is REALLY thick but I stil have shoulder length relaxed ends. My relaxed hair is average I would say. It's not thin but it's not ridiculously thick either. I found out yesterady that my hair gets easily weighed down if I put too much product on it or if the product is too thick. I tried to used Cantu Growth and Strenghting Treatment instead of my leave-in conditioner and it did nothing for my hair. My hair was really flat and just...ugh I don't even know but I hated it. Cantu leave in is creamy but is still fairly light and it leaves your hair soft so it's easy to fluff up.
Curly_Star_19
Curly_Star_19

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 29th April 2010, 10:33 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about the Cantu Leave in, just yet. I used it on a dry twist-out on damp hair (spray bottle). I like the lightweight texture and the fact that it wasn't sticky or heavy, but the results...ehhhhhhh.

I'll have to give it a shot on a fully wet head, and compare...
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 30th April 2010, 3:02 pm

I liked Cantu in the early days of my being natural. However, I used it less when I started noticing a little buildup on my hair after a day or two. Overall, it gave a good moisture and softness. It may work for you. I have since found better products that deliver better results.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th April 2010, 4:28 pm

CurlyCoCo wrote:I am so new to this journey, but I learned two things about my desires for my natural hair; I want the naked feel, without frizz. I like big Diana Ross hair, but I hate scrunchy gels. I was thinking about purchasing some shea butter polmade to eliminate the fizzies?? Am I on the right track??
No, I do not think a pomade would work for you. I would think more on the lines of a hair milk or nectar. Karen's Body Beautiful is thinner and water-based and provides excellent moisture. A little goes a long way. If your hair is thin and easily weighed down, I highly suggest light moisturizers and light oils for sealing. Light oils are grapeseed, extra virgin olive oil and almond oil. I suggest avoiding or just using a little tiny bit of EVOO and castor oil.

From what I have seen, most pomades are thick and heavy on the oils. Your hair may be easily weighed down by the oils in them. They also tend to have beeswax or another "wax." Again, these ingredients will likely way your hair down.

I would suggest checking out taren916 on YT. She has gorgeous big hair and awesome videos. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyCoCo 30th April 2010, 6:41 pm

@Chrs, I saw the Cantu pomade today and I decided against it. It did not look very good. I watch Taren all the time. Our hair is similar, but I we disagree on gels. She likes harder hair. Not my thing. Thanks alot for your input.
CurlyCoCo
CurlyCoCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down