CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giovanni Direct vs. Cantu Leave in

+20
misskris
preciouslady
CarlaAR
Neems
gemofacurlgirl
fanmnatirel
Spiritualsearch
anz30
Ambitious_Tiff
jeanlouisangel
Renny
sweetdrk1
Cupcake415
Umph
curlya
Lotusfairie
Lynnieluve
J.S.M.
Sebastain13
TLog77
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Giovanni Direct vs. Cantu Leave in Empty Giovanni Direct vs. Cantu Leave in

Post by TLog77 21st December 2010, 2:49 am

Right now I have a new jar of Cantu and it works really well for me. I've also heard a lot about Giovanni Direct Leave in. Can someone give me a comparison of the two? I may buy some after I use the Cantu all up. (if I can ever find the Giovanni).
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Giovanni Direct vs. Cantu Leave in Empty Re: Giovanni Direct vs. Cantu Leave in

Post by Sebastain13 21st December 2010, 11:55 am

I really dont like either The cantu is not thick enough for me maybe it was the batch that I purchased but I did use it up but will not buy again Giovanni products dont work well for me they have protein in them & it dries my hair out so I will not purchase again I passed on the Giovanni to my cousin
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by J.S.M. 21st December 2010, 12:16 pm

I hate both. Giovanni does nothing for my hair; it's not the protein in it, it's just too lightweight. And Cantu just builds up on my scalp and dries my hair out because of the 'cones. I don't recommend either.

Btw, you can find Giovanni at Target, Walmart, and Whole Foods.

J.S.M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st December 2010, 1:08 pm

I love the Giovanni Direct Leave In.....especially with coconut oil!!! The Cantu leave in worked well when I was transitioning but it stop working after I BC'd.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusfairie 21st December 2010, 2:25 pm

I'm in that boat that really doesn't like either, the Giovanni left my hair feeling very strawlike and the Cantu was not moisturizing enough.
Lotusfairie
Lotusfairie

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 21st December 2010, 3:46 pm

Sounds like several of you don't like either. What do you use for a Leave in (if you use one at all)
TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 21st December 2010, 3:54 pm

I really love the Giovanni Direct leave it. After my hair dries it is sooo soft! Canut - I did not like. Bought a jar and gave it away at a curly meet up. I left to much bulid up on my hair.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 21st December 2010, 4:31 pm

The Giovanni didn't give me great twist out results.

CSB gave great twist outs BUT the smell was too much to bear. My twist outs only lasted 2-3 days. On day 3 my hair felt tacky/sticky.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 21st December 2010, 4:50 pm

Cantu:

My first Jar.... It work wonders in my hair, and thought I would have swore by it...

The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Jar.... Man o man... There is just NO pssible way that the four jars I bought (not all at once) were bad batches... I have noticed a big difference in the texture from my first jar....

The point is... only 1 out 5 jars worked for me... Which means I wont be using ever again... Cantu got enough money out of me! Plus I am starting to think that they are tampering with the ingrediants or something!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st December 2010, 6:05 pm

I love Giovanni leave in..the Cantu did nothing for me. If you are an online purchaser, koils by nature leave in is a staple of mine
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 21st December 2010, 7:48 pm

I love Giovanni leave-in. I'm a bit of a product junkie and the fact hat I've only purchased two other leave-ins (Yes to Cucumbers and DB) since I started my journey says alot about the power of Giovanni.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 21st December 2010, 8:38 pm

Hello..I like the Giovanni smooth as silk..I use others but since we are already on the Giovanni train...lol
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 22nd December 2010, 12:44 am

I'm transitioning and Cantu is where its at for me!! But then again I have never used Giovanni products, lol.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by anz30 22nd December 2010, 1:24 am

Cupcake415 wrote:Cantu:

My first Jar.... It work wonders in my hair, and thought I would have swore by it...

The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Jar.... Man o man... There is just NO pssible way that the four jars I bought (not all at once) were bad batches... I have noticed a big difference in the texture from my first jar....

The point is... only 1 out 5 jars worked for me... Which means I wont be using ever again... Cantu got enough money out of me! Plus I am starting to think that they are tampering with the ingrediants or something!

I think you're right about the tampering. For one they changed their moisturizer completely. The one they have now is super oily almost like pink lotion. That leave in seems different from when I first started using it too. They also had 2 leave in options before, but now there is only the one large white jar. I liked the other one better, it was in a small orange jar. The only thing that I still use from them is the rinse out conditioner. If they change that, I don't know what I will do because my hair loves it.
anz30
anz30

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 22nd December 2010, 1:40 pm

anz30 wrote:

I think you're right about the tampering. For one they changed their moisturizer completely. The one they have now is super oily almost like pink lotion. That leave in seems different from when I first started using it too. They also had 2 leave in options before, but now there is only the one large white jar. I liked the other one better, it was in a small orange jar. The only thing that I still use from them is the rinse out conditioner. If they change that, I don't know what I will do because my hair loves it.

Glad I am NOT the only one, I thought I was trippin for a sec!
Why can't they leave well enough alone?

My First Jar was thick, creamy, smooth, and very moisturizing...
My last 4 jars were runny, jiggle, and watery... Ugh, then left my hair white after 2 days...

Crazy Mad
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritualsearch 22nd December 2010, 2:56 pm

I use the cantu on top of pantene relaxed and natural conditioner. I leave a little in and then apply cantu on top. Makes my hair soo soft

Spiritualsearch

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 22nd December 2010, 3:37 pm

I used the Cantu Leave in once and hated it...It's sitting under my sink Embarassed

So my vote goes to Giovanni...(but i won't repurchase it either...i'll stick with KCKT)
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 22nd December 2010, 4:59 pm

Cupcake415 wrote:
anz30 wrote:

Glad I am NOT the only one, I thought I was trippin for a sec!
Why can't they leave well enough alone?

My First Jar was thick, creamy, smooth, and very moisturizing...
My last 4 jars were runny, jiggle, and watery... Ugh, then left my hair white after 2 days...

Crazy Mad
I recently stopped using Cantu- I agree the first jar (given to me) was thick & creamy... I had great twist out results. The jar I purchased was kind of runny and the oils separated. The scent in the 2nd jar was overbearing as well- harsh sweet smell. I was really excited to have found an over the counter product that worked- that excitement didn't last long.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 22nd December 2010, 8:37 pm

Thanks everyone!
TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 23rd December 2010, 1:54 pm

I have used both and I prefer the giovanni over the cantu ! The cantu has too much "stuff" in it and it leaves a sticky feeling I could do without. However with the giovanni you really need to follow up with some type of oil to seal or butter or styling cream if you are doing twists or a style that requires hold as it is very light. I have had really good results using giovanni on damp hair then I use a whipped shea, coconut oil, castor oil , jojoba oil , and grape seed oil mix and twisted than I take the twists out the next day and I have a very defined twist out !
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 24th December 2010, 3:06 am

Cantu leaves my hair sticff and strawlike. It wasn't pretty.

Giovanni seemed to work the first few times but lately it hasn't been doing to well. Maybe it's the weather. It goes on nicely but doesn't help with detangling and isn't very moisturizing. So I'm back to old reliable KCKT.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 26th December 2010, 2:03 pm

I love the Giovanni Direct leave it. I love the fact that its lightweight and is a good refresher for 3rd, 4th, etc day hair for me.

Cantu was horrible for me. It left my hair coated, and eventually dried out my hair. If I wasn't careful with what else I used on my hair, it left nasty white balls in my hair. I also hated the smell.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 26th December 2010, 2:20 pm

How do you use it as a refresher? Do you mix it with water and spray it in your hair?
TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 26th December 2010, 2:33 pm

I usually mist my hair with water, then add it to my hair.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by preciouslady 27th December 2010, 4:28 am

I absolutely love Giovanni products and absolutely hated the Cantu. It did nothing for my hair after several uses! Giovanni makes my hair soft and I love the way the conditioner detangles my hair. I purchase my Giovanni from TJMaxx because they have the 33.5oz for only 12.99 and it has a pump on it. Target has the 8.5oz for 8.99. I would much rather get the larger size at TJX. More bang for my buck! cheers
preciouslady
preciouslady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next